We literally evolved from something like this

We literally evolved from something like this.

Does that mean we are dinosaurs?

I was watching a documentary about fossils. There is signs of bacteria in rocks that are over 3.5 billion years old.

How do religious people account for all of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mgYiGUr3WJk
youtube.com/watch?v=ShxoM5ujw1k
youtube.com/watch?v=S89IskZI740
archive.is/NrxR0
gutenberg.org/cache/epub/5273/pg5273-images.html
youtube.com/watch?v=WF94SdvIlD4&list=PLGNrUpefPmjG11-EMsU7sqJCjztJ6NZma
biologos.org/
Oldearth.org/
scottmacdonald.net/genesis/Texts_files/Augustine Literal Meaning of Genesis bks 1-2.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=yf5ovSpS2GU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

we evolved from a shrew

But before the shrew we were fish lizard things. And before that we were wood lice looking mother fuckers.

Satan made fossils to trick us into doubting the bible.

youtube.com/watch?v=mgYiGUr3WJk

Pretty much, since we also evolved from hedge hogs, this is acceptable.

>totally normal posts
>one shitpost
>flags
Is it opposite day?

God made Satan. Check mate christ cuck

No, those are just examples of American education.

We evolved from rats who hid in dirt holes, ate insects, and had tons of kids to survive.

Well, humans did anyway. Beaners and mudslimes still behave like rats

Pics or it didn't happen

dragons

>tfw you'll never have a cute sea monster as a waifu

Blasphemy

This is a cool documentary

youtube.com/watch?v=ShxoM5ujw1k

I love dinosaurs, mods always ban me for making threads about them though.

You could, theoretically, but most of Sup Forums hates fatties.

>How do religious people account for all of this?
account for what?
>le scinse vs relijun
a god who makes men slowly is the same as a god who makes them quickly and all at once.

>(((Documentary)))
youtube.com/watch?v=S89IskZI740
I will always post this where the retards congregate.

This thread is just asking for pic related

This is quite badass ancestor. But most of the time our ancestors were small lizards/mammals.

The religious books literally say earth is only a couple thousand years old. Life began on earth almost at the same time the earths crust cooled. Amino acids were formed by the harsh atmosphere and lightning. Which is amazing because it means there is probably life on venus right now.

>tfw catholic paleontologist

> canadian education

Dinosaurs were different fork. Birds evolved from them.

Birds and lizards both evolved from dinosaurs, we evolved from lizards.

Religious truth and scientific truth can both exist without seeking to cancel each other out. You can have a scientific understanding of the physical world and a religious understanding of spirituality.

nope.

mammals forked form tree of life before dinosaurs appeared

I hope you get AIDS. Your pic related is a mosasaur, which is basically a giant ocean lizard with flippers and that's way off of our lineage.

Scenario one: Literal Interpretation of Genesis
>dating of billion of year old rocks are wrong, house plants tested using same dating show that they are thousands of years old

Scenario Two: Infinite Complexity
>1 Corinthians 1:27, "But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong."
>Trying using a simple thing, a rock, to try to to disprove god. Go for it, you'll always have more questions than answers.

Scenario 3: Schrodinger's God
>Perhaps there was nothing in the rock until scientist examined it, then God dynamically changed the rock as they were looking at it to show what he wanted it to show. i.e. the inside of the rock did not exist until it was observable

Scenario 4: Alien Space Scientist
>God used hyper advanced technology to seed our world, all species evolved and died off until equilibrium was achieved on the planet. This same system could be used to terraform planets for habitation by our species in the future. i.e. sending an "Ark" to seed planets in the Tau system 20,000 years from now. Using an immortal God AI to transport and establish the planet.

Plenty of ways to write it off. You're on a computer right now that you could not explain how it work, it just does. Someone can explain it, you can go to school and learn, but even simple circuit board design classes are becoming increasingly rare.

>canadian education

Pretty sure we evolved from fish lizards.

>Plenty of ways to write it off. You're on a computer right now that you could not explain how it work

Wut? I literally build computers and program for fun.

Whats the reason animals were so fucking big back then? Was there just so much food that those fuckers could grow so big? Where's the point where animals began evolving into smaller sizes?

no, they wuz dinozaurs n shit

yes but it does not mean that we evolved from dinos.

Our atmosphere was thicker and had more oxygen and hydrogen.

The theory is that the forests and plants changed so the atmosphere changed or there was a big freeze so that only the tiny animals survived.

>I literally build computers and program for fun.
You say that, but if your processor gives up the magic blue smoke, you're fucked. You just plug "part that magically works" into "other part that magically works" and grit your teeth hoping that it turns on when you're done.

It works because of transistors and super conductors. Basically very tiny switches that are smooshed together to form a logic circuit.

>Wut? I literally build computers and program for fun.

No you don't, you assemble components and press an on switch. Even programming syntax is just components and pressing a button.

>implying we evolved
>why would something switch to two sexes in the beginning?
>unless evolution happens fast, its useless
>why did we lose our apelike strength and fur in exchange to be weaker and wear clothes?
>why haven't we evolved more?
>why aren't there more sentient creatures just like humans?
>why are there still prehistoric creatures alive that haven't changed a bit?
>does that mean evolution reaches a final form?

I dunno guys, it just doesn't add up. Go ahead and throw your theories around as much as ya like, but until I finish my time machine we'll never truly know.

>computers are magic, you don't know how they work
>religion and science is magic, you don't know how they work

Are you americans retarded?

Well evolution works very slowly, humans have evolved, look at black people and whites.

Asians evolved from homo-erectus that lived in swamps. Whites evolved from ones living in the snow, and blacks didn't evolve because they are niggers.

Hahaha that last part, my sides. Yeah I don't outright dismiss evolution, but I still look at it as just a theory.

>implying we evolved
We didn't. They evolved into us.
>why would something switch to two sexes in the beginning?
Why not? There two options in the nature to perpetuate. Asexual, or sexual. And is present in every living order, from plants to superior animals. Asexual is impractical to complex animals and limits a lot the variability...
>unless evolution happens fast, its useless
Evolution is not Darwinism right now. In fact a lot of animals evolved "wrongly", for example, seals who are colorblind to the colder spectre so they aren't supposed to see that well in the water.
Mutations play a really important role in the evolution and mutations are 1 generation traits.
>why did we lose our apelike strength and fur in exchange to be weaker and wear clothes?
Fire.
>why haven't we evolved more?
The moment we evolve, then they won't be "we" anymore.
>why aren't there more sentient creatures just like humans?
There are a lot of sentient creatures. But we can't comunicate / don't understand them.
>why are there still prehistoric creatures alive that haven't changed a bit?
They don't need it? Anyway most of them are in the oceans, wich is more protected from mutagenic agents like the sun radiations.
>does that mean evolution reaches a final form?
If it's like we conceive it now, evolution is the way the life keep living. If there is life is evolution.

The reason we have two sexes is so we can mix up genetics and repair damaged genes.

There is over 70 different types of humans in the fossil record, it's amazing.

>>implying we evolved
Inheritable traits
>>why would something switch to two sexes in the beginning?
It found itself in a niche it could survive and reproduce in
>>unless evolution happens fast, its useless
"Fast" means very little. A few hundred million years is very fast compared to billions.
>>why did we lose our apelike strength and fur in exchange to be weaker and wear clothes?
Because evolution has no end goal in mind.
>>why haven't we evolved more?
What?
>>why aren't there more sentient creatures just like humans?
Because humans wiped them out. Erectus, Neanderthal, denisovan and many others all existed fairly recently
>>why are there still prehistoric creatures alive that haven't changed a bit?
Their environment never had any new major pressures that would cause new adaptions to be needed for survival. Remember, evolution has no end goal. Sure it would be useful to have tougher skin, but if there's no "significant" pressure from the environment for tougher skin, it's much less likely to happen and spread throughout the species.
>>does that mean evolution reaches a final form?
No

>In fact a lot of animals evolved "wrongly"

No evolution is wrong, it simply "is".

>Gibbons after Negros

I'm saying that God uses a technology that is unknown to us, the type you use when creating life on distant worlds, or even entire galaxies or universes.

I never said that computers are magic, I am saying that they are hyper complex systems that even the majority of those who profess to know how to use them could not tell you the Ohms and voltage on a capacitor, yet they have no problem using them daily. In the same way, many religious people have never read the Bible, but still claim to know Christ.

You asked, How do religious people account for all of this? I gave examples.

I was simply saying that the statement "the prevalence of the fittest" is not true in the modern conception of the Evolution Theory.
Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly.

Isn't elementary education mandatory in Canada ?

1. We didn't evolved from "something like this".
2. This isn't a dinosaur.

Who cares? Religion is at worst a set of socially cohesive moral principles and at best a source of motivation. Whether or not it's real or not is irrelevant to its utility as a binding factor.

Sometimes this stuff blows my mind. Pic related is the first bony fish species from which every single reptile, amphibian, dinosaur, and mammal are from and I doubt anyone knows its name.

Also its weird thinking that one of these fish is your great x 10000000000000000 grandfather.

God made Satan to trick you into doubting scientific theory.

So did we evolve in "god years". I don't understand how evolution and religion can co-exist inside the same brain.

You are saying that god created us, well not really, minerals leaching into sulfuric acid did which created amino acids, which then clumped together to form proteins and eventually cells.

See above.

WE WAS REPTILS

>Catholic priest discovers credited for finding out that earth is older then 5000 years
>Catholic priest discovers genetics and how traits are passed
>Catholic priest formulates the basis of Big Bang theory
>Catholics, unlike radical protestants, make advancements in science in math.
Pretty much all of us believe these things.
>Unlike Protestants who spend their time profligating on how praying to Jesus will bring you money and why you should help build Protestant mega church # 3.
Martin Luther really needs to come and get his children

Thankfully we're outta of that phase and focus on helping the poor.
Christianity at its purest in general doesn't really enmesh properly with far right principles of putting yourself before everyone

>we literally evolved from this

No, we literally didn't. We share a common ancestor.

>literally

>We literally evolved from something like this.
No we didn't that is a mosasaur our ancestors in the mesozoic resembled shrews.
>Does that mean we are dinosaurs?
That isn't a dinosaur

cool sci-fi idea

You are dating a rock that's 3.5 billion years old, not the life form itself.

You're aware you can't carbon date living things?

>American education

christ cuck lol

Source? Have you read the bible? Also when god explains things to moses how does he identify the passage of time? Does he do it in the same reference as modern man would have? Retarded leaves.

That's a different branch I think

>Birds and lizards both evolved from dinosaurs
Lizards are not descended from dinosaurs lizards and dinosaurs have a common ancestor but split off from each other a long time ago.

god created everything in 7 days, but a day to god could be a billion years to us.
plesseyVferguson'ed

>Pretty sure we evolved from fish lizards.
Mammals evolved from the mammal like reptiles.

>Whether or not it's real or not is irrelevant to its utility as a binding factor.
That is incorrect.

This. That's a mosasaur, an aquatic lizard

>I don't understand how evolution and religion can co-exist inside the same brain.

Whether you believe in its validity or not, it's really a very simple idea. An all powerful being creates the universe with all its laws in place and then waits.

I'm not a Christian myself, but I have great respect for the European Christians that contributed to the arts and sciences throughout the years. European Christians who blindly deny the sciences are the lowest of the low.

Dinosaurs never existed. (((They))) just constructed a bunch of random bones and then made up a bunch of myths about gigantic lizards.

You should post pictures of the fossils, not some artists interpretation. Prime fish did not look anything like this.

Also, sounds a lot like Dagon worship.

Bible doesn't say, so it is left open to interpretation.

>which then clumped together to form proteins and eventually cells.

Except atrophy, the universe does not randomly create more complex systems, the universe wants the disbursement of energy.

But if there was an intelligence that knew that Minerals + Sulfuric acid = Amino acids, which combined form proteins, and in turn cells, that would make a much more sense.

The odds of that happening randomly are less than the odds of our universe being created by the big bang.

Do you think reading books is some sort of accomplishment, or that the average person can't just pull up a book on the net and read it. Yes I've read the bible and a bunch of other religious books.

Christianity isn't something special, it's basically 80% jewish. And before that people worship egyptian gods.

The old god was called ishtar, it was a female and the "sun" god elohim or whatever told people to stop worshipping her. She was one of the Sumerian gods. You could argue that ishtar is supposedly lillith or whatever. Bla bla bla.

It all evolved from sumerian / egyptian gods.

>implying my house plants are alive

Not sure if you're serious. Its hard to have discussions on Sup Forums when can't tell if person is retarded or trolling. In the end there is little difference.

Ok ok, I can live with these explanations.

We never evolved from a dinosaur you fucking dumb leaf.

>boneless skinless chicken
>skinless meatless bony dinosaurs

no wonder they went extinct.

God made a beautiful angel.

That beautiful angel turned himself into God's adversary (HaSatan).

Weird thing is he thought he could beat God.

Weirder thing is you think you can join his rebellion without consequences.

Theistic Evolution

The creation story is NOT supposed to be LITERALLY interpreted.

Theistic Evolution is NOTHING new, the idea has been around since evolution was discovered

Asa Gray, a renown Botanist and Darwin's close friend who said there were no problems with evolution and Christianity.
>archive.is/NrxR0

He wrote a book Called Darwinia which argued FOR theistic Evolution:
>gutenberg.org/cache/epub/5273/pg5273-images.html

Playlist on Theistic Evolution
youtube.com/watch?v=WF94SdvIlD4&list=PLGNrUpefPmjG11-EMsU7sqJCjztJ6NZma

biologos.org/

Oldearth.org/

>Theistic Evolution

kek

Way to be wrong twice on one issue.

Not an argument

>The creation story is NOT supposed to be LITERALLY interpreted.

Says who? You?

The bible is quite clear in telling the story of the earth from creation to destruction.

My boss always saud there's no proof of carbon dating. And fuck potassium argon or whatever the other one is. No proof that anything is older than 6k

Shoo shoo retarded flu.

We evolved from reptiles, which evolved from amphibians which evolved from fish, etc.. We're not, nor were our ancestors ever dinosaurs

>Says who? You?
Songs of Solomon, Psalms, Ecclesiastics, Revelations to name a few..

Try to take that shit literally

If god is immortal and genesis is from the perspective of god why would 7 days refer to 7 days from a mortal perspective?
Those 7 days of creation may refer to several billion years which would seem like mere days from the perspective of an immortal being.
Way to sell your god short

He's right. The only calibration they can make with carbon dating is tree rings, and there are no trees with rings over 4600 years old.

C14 is in diamonds.
C14 is in coal.
C14 is in dinosaur fossils.
C14 is in every organic sample ever tested.

The Ar testing is a bit trickier; it's best to be debunked by helium diffusion. In other words, if the Ar test says it's 3 million years old, why is there still helium diffusing from it?

Also, why are igneous rocks formed at the eruption of Mt. St. Helen's tested at 3 million years old?

No, the answer is quite simple.

6 million years of nuclear decay does not take 6 million years.

WE

What a fucking heathen.

People like you don't get to call yourselves real christians. Read a Bible you dimwit and bring god back into your life.

Pic related

The bible is not a scientific literal interpretation of events but rather a poetic telling of God creating all things

Saint Augustine, a Christian theologian wrote an entire book on it

Here: scottmacdonald.net/genesis/Texts_files/Augustine Literal Meaning of Genesis bks 1-2.pdf

Also watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=yf5ovSpS2GU

>Prime fish did not look anything like this.

>The odds of that happening randomly are less than the odds of our universe being created by the big bang.
How could you possibly know how probable the Big Bang is?

>The creation story is NOT supposed to be LITERALLY interpreted.
You have no way of knowing this. And, even if that is the case, that still doesn't reveal to you what the real explanation would be

>Calls me a heathen
>Uses perverse language
>Vents his anger
>Hinders others from Christ

Quite hypocritical I must say, read up on some Corinthians brother

We evolved from these.

They dont. It's called cognitive dissonance.

God gave that beautiful angel the qualities that made him turn against God

If the Bible is to be believed, then that angel is the hero. He gave us free will, intelligence, all things we hold in the highest esteem. He was the one who though God's creations should be free rather than God's toys. He was the one who asked "Why?" rather than simply spreading his buttcheeks for daddy's cock like all the rest

He is the savior who sacrificed himself for humanity and now that God cant play with his toys anymore he seeks to corrupt us and destroy us instead through dogma and attempts to re-make us into sheep and blind followers

Literally most of the bad qualities humans have can be said to be approved by God in the Bible, and most of our good qualities seem to result from Satan.

The Bible has been read backwards.

We evolved from the pikaia gracilens.

>You have no way of knowing this. And, even if that is the case, that still doesn't reveal to you what the real explanation would be

SeeWe would absolutely have an idea of what it would be, evolution. God's creation is further being discovered and by understanding the structure in which the creation story was written and understanding modern science. The creation story is not a literal scientific interpretation, therefore we don't declare Young Earth Creationism the set in stone philosophy of creation, to do so would neglect logical understanding and historical observation

>satan having the one trump card god has: the ability to create and unmake as he sees fit

>Hurr religiontards are stupid lol lol like science can't coexist with religion, I am so intelligent durr

Delete your account