Modern "architecture"

What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

sage-ec.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/7027803-modern-architecture-wallpaper-hd-703x439.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4QjmKzF1c
youtube.com/watch?v=6QcbsedsGdA
dezeen.com/2015/02/03/frank-gehry-paper-bag-dr-chau-chak-wing-uts-business-school-sydney-opens/
ijr.com/2015/09/415367-if-donald-trump-had-his-way-the-world-trade-center-would-look-very-different/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I like it. Interesting to look at.

>Modern "architecture"
>Not "modern" architecture.
Read something by Frank Lloyd Wright, fag.

Yeah I think it's cool a lot of the time, like in that picture. The building has a very obvious "warped" look. It's clear what they were going for, and the execution delivers perfectly on the concept.

Other times it's just pointy metal and glass shapes for the sake of them. I don't have the picture, but there's that one old building with the giant glass prism added to ruin the whole look.

EXACTLY. Pillars are beautiful and yet terribly brutal. Fuck CHRISTFAGS and their inability to not make buildings without pillars in the center all over the damn place.

consider suicide.

PRE CHRISTIAN ROMAN, GREEK, AND EGYPTIAN ARCHITECTURE IS BEST ARCHITECTURE

CATHEDRALS ARE AN ABOMINATION AND A CRIME AGAINST NATURE AND ALL THINGS GOOD AND JUST IN THE WORLD

>DUES VAULT AVE MARRIA HEH HE HEH HEH NOT THIS TIME SARACHEN HEH NOT SO FAST SARCHON AAAAAAVVVEEEEEEEE MARIA DUES VAULTED DUES VAULTED FUCK EUROPE WE NEED TO RETAKE THE HOLY LAND I WAS AN EDGY ATHIEST WHEN IT WAS THE COUNTER CULTURE AND NOW IM AN EDGY CHRISTIAN BECAUSE ITS THE NEW COUNTER CULTURE PRAISE JEWBUS

Its going to take more than shitty macros and greentext to affect me.

Keep working at it though. I ain't impervious, I promise.

Damn, he looks just like me

desu I think that building looks pretty cool

This.

Looks great.

Genuine question:

Why do leftists make such degenerate, decadent and ugly art compared to their right wing counterparts?

Look, this isn't even a bad example of modern architecture.

This is:

sage-ec.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/7027803-modern-architecture-wallpaper-hd-703x439.jpg

Now this is utter shit. but the above is kind of okay. I agree that modern stuff is bad, but your pic related is not that degenerate

It's an affront to the rest of the city.

This is the kinda shit that I'd expect to see in a themepark. At least there, it would fit in.

Not even leftists. SJWs, feminists, niggers, etc. Not even all niggers. Just the SJW niggers. and the niggers trying to "get in touch with their roots".

TO clarify: the above meant YOUR picture, not my link.

That's in Czech Republic, right? Not really my favorite design, but it's not shitty either.

Its in the heart of Prague in Nové Mesto.
They put this abomination in one of the oldest places that exist in europe.
Alone it dosen't look bad indeed but its completly missplaced if you see it IRL

nothing desu that looks pretty interesting and cool

not every building has to be imposing

This is average German city. Notice something?

then the problem you have is with modern city planning, not modern architecture

Picture is a parody architecture and a statement.

LIBERAL DEGENERACY

I have zero doubt in my mind that whoever designed that building did it fully with the intention of looking as out of place as possible.

The fault lies on that architect. Not everyone else who has the misfortune of being next to his creation.

Looks bretty gud desu

What horrors has the civic engineer must've gone through tho

Imagination is encouraged. It would be really boring if everyone ends up making replicas of the David sculpture.

Looks like acit trip experience? Idk, tried only salvia divionorum when it was still legal. What are the values conveyed here? Isn't it a contradiction of sort when the image of the building stands in stark contrast with principles used to develop it? I.e. builders and engineers producing this mostrosity were not acid tripping atm. Otherwise it would not be there standing and scaring little children. It also needs normal buildings around it to have any meaning, it needs to feed on them. It's parasitism: ugly unhealthy, killing the natural order, destroying the healthy tissue - It's shite.

I personally like it and I'm pretty traditional in tastes.

If you have enough money you can build whatever you want, and should be able to, regardless of tastes.

looks the same

This fag right here understands.

architects don't have 100 percent control over their projects user, they aren't gods

It's much more likely that he just had a unique idea for a building that he wanted to try somewhere, if it really clashed with the rest of the city you can blame local politicians for approving it

liberals don't like it ether

>How to Make an Attractive City
youtube.com/watch?v=Hy4QjmKzF1c
>The Ruin of London
youtube.com/watch?v=6QcbsedsGdA

A building in Prague, a gift from the U.S for bombing it accidentally during WW2, but designed by a Canadian. That's the prob.

That doesn't look bad at all.

>they aren't gods
An abomination like that is more than enough proof that there are no gods.

>It's much more likely that he just had a unique idea for a building that he wanted to try somewhere
Yeah, I'm sure the ToonTown City Planning commission is a real tough crowd to impress.

calm down you histrionic faggot

Those things aren't that bad. At least they are itneresting and have some kind of aesthetic.

Stuff like pic related is the real problem. Big, blocky, and very ugly.

>Dancing houses
It's called a Dancing house for fucks sake. Singular

Modern "Germany"

What went wrong?

You're the moron trying to claim he had plans to "build it somewhere else".

No. Seriously. Where else is this piece of trash supposed to fit in? If anything, the intent of the piece is to look as out of place as possible regardless of where it's built.

Hence, it is a stain on wherever it's put.

>It's objectively bad because I personally don't like it
Great argument fagtron

We're discussing its aesthetic with regard to it's surrounding.

Please read the thread before posting to avoid making stupid comments completely void of substance.

yeah yeah go jerk off to roman architecture or whatever

I think a big problem is that modern architecture thanks to advances in materials science allows for a much wider variety of structures, some very bizarre looking, than were possible in the past. But to really fully realize the potential, there has to be some experimentation done. Unfortunately some of the experiments just look bad IRL compared to how they look being planned out. I actually have faith modern architecture will eventually result in a pretty interesting aesthetic.

I hate how they try to make these not look like commie blocks. Trying to fool people into thinking living in a shitty small apartment is cool and trendy

>yeah yeah go jerk off to roman architecture or whatever
Great argument, fagtron.

If you go to Prague you will truly see how ugly the building really is. Most people don't get what it looks like around there. Everything is old and has a certain style, then all of a sudden in the mix of spires, concrete bridges, and historical locations is that building. Which really makes it look like shit.

that thread again...
architecture is for faggots

>guy in right pic
I used to date a friend of his. He's exactly like you would think

The big problem is the architects don't get to live near or in the place their monstruosities are erected.

>architecture is for faggots

And I wonder where all this gay modernist shit spawns from?

dezeen.com/2015/02/03/frank-gehry-paper-bag-dr-chau-chak-wing-uts-business-school-sydney-opens/

Jews

What went wrong is too many idiot females were given Architecture degrees. The female brain simply cannot handle complex abstract relationships. So we end up with shit tier architecture. That and the fact that there is a CIA program to shit tierify our architecture and culture in general to make the proles feel small, ugly and hopeless.

pro tip: it's working.

Love the design of modern and old. Looks fantastic. Suck a dick op.

cry more faggots

your argument is literally just "I don't like it so I'm going to be really dramatic about it like a fucking jilted teenage girl"

inb4 some faggot liberal architect makes a business building or government building a giant cock.

>TFW America won't be the home to the world's tallest building anymore

Thanks, Saudi Arabia

>I don't have the picture, but there's that one old building with the giant glass prism added to ruin the whole look.

>Literally
The argument is that the architect made the building with the intent of bastardizing its surroundings.

Your argument, however, it "literally"
>I-I'm sure it just ended up there on accident.

This is what happens when someone without ANY skill or artistic merit gets enough funding to design a building.

What's wrong? Too complicated for your square brain?

They are making little tweaks to commieblocks, but they make sure that the little tweaks don't make the building attractive in any way. (Wouldn't want the plebs living in nice, attractive surroundings, would we?)

>>I think a big problem is that modern architecture thanks to advances in materials science allows for a much wider variety of structures, some very bizarre looking,
Yep. But even so, the architecture world was subject to a progressive takeover, just like the art world. The leading architects are simply the analogues of silly artists like Jackson Pollock. It's an ideological movement design to offend traditional aristocratic European aesthetic which dominated until the 20th century.

Complexity for its own sake is absolutely retarded

FLim flam the shim sham man

Nothing

You realize "complexity for its own sake" can sum up a lot of pre-modern european architecture

Amen.
The total interchangeability of modern architecture is one of its worst features. There is no theme, and without a theme, a place cannot build a unique identity.
They're even proud of it, using the name "internationalism".

For someone asking in the previous thread, the new WTC2 is the staircase looking one.
Supposedly when viewed from the water it will give the image that it and WTC 1 are similar and resemble twin towers.
But from all but that one view it looks pretty hideous.

This is one of the rare instances of GOOD modern architecture.

Aesthetically unique, requires effort to make and design.

Compare that to the Styrofoam filled concrete shit.

actually this fasade is looking pretty well

Because Right wingers care about their nation's heritage and so implement prestigious artwork in their plans, whereas Lefties, being commie filth, hate culture as they deem it "raycis" so the end product is a typical commieblock with a bit of "geometry ist fünd :-DDD" having little regard for aesthetic values.

FLW is God tier

Guess who tried to save us from it ;_;

ijr.com/2015/09/415367-if-donald-trump-had-his-way-the-world-trade-center-would-look-very-different/

He wanted to rebuild the old towers, except stronger and taller.

There modern architecture that is not trash. There are, any different schools and of course some of them turn to be trash once they age.

High strength steel and plate glass were a mistake.

PLAY STUPID GAMES WIN STUPID PRIZES :^)

LIBERALS

Is there any example of more "modern" architecutre that is defined by local features? Like can you point to ANY skyscraper that looks like a "German" skyscraper?

There was a distinctly "American" style of skyscraper back in the day, in Art Deco, I think (although the style originated in France, much more construction was done in America), but beyond that all our skyscrapers look pretty interchangeable too

Looks just like Detroit.

ngl I think the new WTC looks like shit, but it's superior to the old WTC, the old WTC was absolute garbage eyesore

>He wanted to rebuild the old towers, except stronger and taller.
The old ones were ugly but at least that would have sent a message!

Except not, premodern architecture was constantly reusing, elaborating, and expanding on previous.

To what culture or era does something like alude to? It celebrates no people. It celebrates no culture. It is a bastardization in every sense, belonging to no one but the architect. Vanity in its purest form.

All of the modern (((art))) in Prague is fucking denegerate. Kafka's visions are the worst.

this is ugly af but Sup Forums wont admit it becuase trump has his name on it

Kinda like when we drop twin nukes on mecca?

I don't mind the design for WTC 1, a modernized version of the original. It's really nice. But I wish they built a second to go with it.
The Ingles design for WTC 2 wasn't bad, but it lost out and some claimed it looked like "The top fell off".

I'd fly planes into each block just to straighten it out.

It is pretty ugly but I can admire the bold FUCK YOU of the color scheme lol

The architecture of this building is based on the shape of hanseatic houses, so it celebrates culture of the city and it's history.

Perfect.

Old architecture is shit

Reminder any architecture built by anyone right wing or pre-1990 is shit

kek
If they stacked it centrally then they could still have their gardens and it wouldn't look like it was a bunch of blocks a toddler stacked.

no he isn't

sydney oprea house is shit.

One leaky house with a waterfall doesn't make up for all his failures.