Why did the right wing media turn "fake news" into a meme?

washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/its-time-to-retire-the-tainted-term-fake-news/2017/01/06/a5a7516c-d375-11e6-945a-76f69a399dd5_story.html?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.4d0620044c4e

Now Alex Jones is using the term "fake news" to describe things he disagrees with and Trump and Trump is using fake news to describe organisations that have criticised him.
Reminder that Trump promoted National enquirer tabloid stories about Ted Cruz and conspiracy theories that Cruz's father killed Kennedy.

Fake news has turned into a meaningless meme now.

Other urls found in this thread:

thesun.co.uk/news/2599048/Sup
nytimes.com/2017/01/07/opinion/sunday/how-to-destroy-the-business-model-of-breitbart-and-fake-news.html?_r=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was always a meaningless meme, and existed completely in contradiction to the notion of a "free press". And the very same media corporations which popularised the terms are the sorts of places which like talking about how they are liberal, against contradicting the fundamental principles of liberalism.

tl;dr its existence is dumb, contradictory and should be said only when mocking or demonising "news sources" like CNN.

>oh no! we lost control of the narrative.

Yeah , but fake news was used to describe sites like pic related with made up stories set up by Macedionian teenagers for ad revenue.

It was a meaningless meme to begin with, a desperate and coordinated attempt by the large legacy media organizations to shame independent media and new media. Basically it was simular to a 70 year old teacher saying that some information is "not credible" because it doesn't come from a good "source"

It flopped hard because as far as providing false or incomplete information, the large legacy corporations are far more guilty.

Alex Jones is a fucking retard and you can ignore anything he says or does.

>Fake news has turned into a meaningless meme now.

this is fake news

But the fact that any one news outlet would demonise another in such away erodes the principles of free press.

Criticise them for being click-bait or poorly researched or anything like that, but to start slinging around terms like "fake news" means that there are sanctioned "real news" sites which you should only pay attention to, and that sets a precedent for a highly Orwellian system.

Because liberals are literally too stupid to see such an obvious counterpunch coming from a mile away. The first day right after the election when the MSM was starting to push this term, it was already so fucking obvious it would come back to bite themselves in the ass in a month or two.

We just have to keep turning everything the left tries to do into memes and they'll fail.

the left can't meme for shit so we're safe for now

>posting a link to fake news

The left really can't stand it when their newspeak is turned against them.

This. Leftist media is the actual fake news and we just turned it on them. The damage control is hilarious.

They created it and now they want to shut it down because they lost control?

The "Fake news" term was created by the left to discredit smaller, independent right-leaning or pro-Trump news sites. But it got co-opted and used against them because CNN and others keep getting caught doctoring tapes and setting up sham interviews.

American MSM is pretty much propaganda at this point.

"Fake news" was their way of saving face after Trump won despite their efforts, but now it's being used against them so they want to "shut it down".

Just one of many things that exploded back in their faces.

They came up with it to shut down Pizzagate. Thats why Obama/Hillary/The freaking Pope all made "Fake news is bad plz" statements right after one another combined with that gun incident at Comet.

They didn't realize how easy it was to turn it on them, especially since CNN and the lib sites all had "98% Hillary win" on their sites.

I can't transitively ignore him sadly. You can close your eyes to the sewer spewing out shit into the river, but you'd still be swimming in shit.

He's either an earnest retard or controlled opposition. It's like listening to a child try and explain the plot to a movie. He's just so fucking stupid it hurts

No it wasn't, it was used to describe any right leaning media

A-and this well respected news outlet c-clearly states that the hacker called Sup Forums has nothing to do with Goldengate. I-I tend to believe that.

thesun.co.uk/news/2599048/Sup Forums-donald-trump/

>tfw we are fake news

Do you believe that pizzagate was not a case of fake news?

None of those points are actual arguments though.

welcome to pol

>American MSM is pretty much propaganda at this point.

>pretty much

It is propaganda. Without a doubt.

The solution is to ban all media that is not state controlled.

Purge the Jew, and the SJW.

I unironically believe everything he says and listen to him as my primary source of news. Stay salty.

They had this coming

yes, and when you call ALL opposition fake news it becomes meaningless.

Fake news is synonymous with lugenpresse, pretty hilarious a bunch of leftist journalists created a pc word for lying press and are now whining right wingers are using

I know leftists never make arguments, but this guy is good at pretending to be a retard.

>Fake news had turned into a meaningless meme now
>Implying it wasn't always a meaningless meme created by the MSM after they got triggered by the election

No it wasn't. Fake News came about from Hillary and the MSM to describe Breitbart, Alex Jones, anyone who isn't MSM. They created the meme, we used it against them, and it's sticking because people know its true.

I remember someone (can't remember who) said 'the Clintons accuse others of doing what they are doing'. That's their strategy.

Yeah exactly. Meaningless, just like when it was first used. You use the enemies techniques right back and they weren't prepared at all. The media is like James Wood in Family Guy, it just can't help stuffing its fucking face with candy even if it leads to a trap. Candy as in fads and easy unresearched stories and headlines. Now their word is being used on then and they're begging people to stop, and its fucking hilarious

Alex is wrong as much as or more than he's right. He just makes wild claims and is a classic case of a broken clock being right twice a day. He's a spastic seed salesman with a microphone linked up to mouth breathing mongs that slurp up whatever shit he spews that day. In between chimp outs he will make baseless general claims he can point back at as "predictions" or when he is inevitably wrong he can handwave away with a canned explanation like "Muh crafty globalists" or "I said MAYBE haha checkmate"

CTR, do you still get paid to shill after the campaign or is this just volunteer work?

This is what the author of the piece claims, but it's bullshit. "Fake news" was always construed to mean anything that helped Trump's candidacy, true or untrue. The left is just mad because they're getting a taste of their own medicine.

Correction, fake news was always a meme. MSM are just mad it got turned back at them and is effective.

Fuck off Kike Zucker of CNN, Trump can trust him so can I

He only thinks he is pretending, and that you're only criticizing his cunning ruse

Trump is a fucking genius for reversing that meme.

>Everyone who disagrees is a kike shill

Fuck off with that shit. It's stupid and you know it.

Sucks when the shoe is on the other foot doesn't it?

>That's their (the Clinton's) strategy.
actually that's the standard modern, post-vietnam Democrat strategy.

The Clinton strategy is to stoop so low and be "in the mud" that no one else is willing to go there and if they do, they tarnish their reputation. Once opposition looked just as bad to the public as the Clintons did, Bill would rely on personal charm and telling ppl what they wanted to hear to win.

"Fake News" was never a real thing; it was always rhetorical propaganda trickery to discredit right wing media w/o having to provide arguments.
>"Fake News"
>"Assault Weapons"
>"Trickle Down Economics"
>"War on Women"
All nonsense terms and left wing propaganda.

It's always been a meme, the MSM thought they could use it without consequences, so the independent media took it and used it better.

national enquirer has a track record of breaking political stories.

Globalist are pretty crafty tho

They haven't learned they can't stump the Trump. They will never learn.

Well, like I said. Broken clock.

It's technically Saul Alinsky's strategy, they just adopted it en masse.

I conquer, Satan.

Most liberal media is fake news and that is no meme.

Buddy, fake news was created as a meme by the left to begin with.

...and then it was used by the mainstream media to shit on sources that went against their narrative, almost in the same week.

The objective is clearly not accuracy. It's political control over the news.

nytimes.com/2017/01/07/opinion/sunday/how-to-destroy-the-business-model-of-breitbart-and-fake-news.html?_r=0

>Hillary loses
>MSM are shown beyond all doubt as biased pieces of shit

>IT WAS FAKE NEWS GUYS THAT'S WHY SHE LOST AND WHY WE WERE SO WRONG

Now they get their bullshit narrative spun back on them, fucking pottery

Because it was formed as a dumb meme word by a defeated mainstream press to try and delegitimize dissent and they should have known it would be spun right back on them given how universally reviled they've become

>Because it was formed as a dumb meme word by a defeated mainstream press to try and delegitimize dissent and they should have known it would be spun right back on them given how universally reviled they've become

They are incredibly stupid to not think we would meme it against them

Why call fake news fake news? Are you retarded?

Turnabout is fair play something something

Another one baits Za dusto

This. CNN was caught fabricating reports years ago and recently still. Now they're caught red handed by illegally colluding with Hillary and the DNC during the election. So what do they do? Isn't it obvious? Point the fake news finger at everyone but themselves! Brilliant! If everyone else is a liar, they'll have to trust us by default! Haha people are so stupid, they'll believe anything we say because we're Liberal media and we dominate! XDD

But seriously. It's highly ironic how the only defense liberal progressivism has now is doubling down on the same shit that has already been proven to not work. These are the throes of a dying empire. Crumble and be tread upon. You paved your success on the backs of men and women for generations and now you become a stepping stone for humanity to become that much great and that much more aware.

Underrated.

Good. It was only created by the MSM to ensure anything that goes against their narrative is regarded as fake. It wasn't ever about actually weeding out legitimately fake and intentionally incorrect and inflammatory news like they say it was.

Too bad our "real news" has zero credibility or journalistic integrity so fake news was just the tub calling the toilet white.

The moment I saw fake news in the news I thought they had some puppeteer censorship master plan but it turns out they were just incompetent idiots. I bet a lot of other people saw this too and acted accordingly.

iirc the first time I saw the term fake news was when the Zuckerjew was wanting to cull "fake news" from Facebook. Everybody knew that that meant that they wanted to censor those publications.