ITT: we post photos of our cities then VS now

TL;DR: fuck modern architecture and commie blocks

Other urls found in this thread:

digitalcollections.hcplc.org/cdm/landingpage/collection/p15391coll1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Eh, you're doing fine mate.

Not a good representation. These aren't before and after photos of the same streets

True that, but the contrast between traditional and commie architecture is what I wanted to present.

How old you want the then to be?
My city has been around a while

Pre-globalism

10/10 would enjoy a walk on a comfy winter night

Why the hate ? Commie blocks are comfy as fuck

now post surrounding commieblocks.

Well that's one ugly building, I feel your pain.

>B

Yeah, no. They're depressing as fuck.

Sup Forums

This

Have you also noticed the difference in the ammount of people on the street?

I don't think so (at least mine is not, pic related)

So before 1964, gotcha
Used to be based as fuck, then in the late 70's the Jews started their encroachment and we're just another city of glass and steel, sad really.
Pic related is currently, link related is a great collection of our history in pictures
digitalcollections.hcplc.org/cdm/landingpage/collection/p15391coll1

Right next to the shore, near the beautiful old imperial center.
Let's build a whole district of hideous commieblocks!!!

It doesn't even look like block, more like oversized tenement house.

>town full of swastikas, flags and flowers
>pure mudslime shithole since 90s
thanks
no pics on google tho, just seen it on original pictures a few years ago

The fact that those blocks look crap isn't the fault of commie architecture, those building looked great when they were build in the 70s

I can see someone hanging himself in his own living room. When i see that picture.

The problem is between 90s and today no new buildings were built and the old ones were not taken care of as it was intended

Plus, where do you think an average Serb lived before communism ? Certainly not in those pretty burgoasie houses in the city centre

Your city just got better though.

Those are not as extreme as the examples I posted but still, their monotonous and cold look produces such an uneasy feeling. The way they are packed close together makes you claustrophobic; they also block out sunlight and throw a big depressing shade on the territory around them. I could go on and on.

Nah mate, to me they still looked like utter shit.

tfw I lived in that exact building

allies consequently tought my town was German. Thanks boys

Main Station in Poznań

At least they thought yours was German. They knew mine wasn't, but they went to town on it anyway.

That's mostly old imperial center. It's a very small part. Everything else is commie blocks.

The architecture you posted is the extreme, it was even edited to look dark, dirty and bad, in most developed countries buildings are always painted to look fresh and taken care of

They always looked like shit. Besides, a good building should still look good hundreds of years later. There are pubs built in the 1200s where i live, that's quality.

There are a lot of trees and bushes in the courtyard, they compensate the cold look of the block in my opinion (you can't see them well on the photo). The courtyard is wide, the sun is not blocked most of the time.
And the big advantage is that the appatments are modern and comfy, unlike a lot of appartments in old buildings in Paris.

>Plus, where do you think an average Serb lived before communism ? Certainly not in those pretty burgoasie houses in the city centre
I never implied that, but living in an average little cottage certainly is way more natural for a human being than living in a gigantic stack of concrete with hundreds of other people, like an ant.

(((Allies)))
You mean British

Are you comparing pubs to suburb apartment buildings ?

Why is it still there and not renovated or newly designed? Rest of Poznan' centre is looking damn fine

Here's a more pleasant and taken care commieblock from another Yugoslav city
Much more comfty

Wew lad, I'm sorry. Are you still living in Belgrade?

Looks way better now desu

>Jews started their encroachment and we're just another city of glass and steel, sad really.
Why do you blames askhenazis?

All architects were askhenazis then?

Idiot

To me too.
I am studying arts and had to take a course on architecture. Unfortunately liberals tend to dislike all of these beautiful old kind of buildings and idealize clean buildings without any ornaments since they don't as nationalistic.

>mfw I could have lived in a alternate reality where Hitler won and the Nazis build beautiful small single family homes instead of commie blocks.

No need to be sorry. That place is bringing up some great memories. I'm in burbs now, in a house with a fucking yard and even tho I liked the kblo vibe, I won't live in an apartment even if you put a gun to my head. Never again.

actually, they did put this thing to the left which is now the main train and bus station, with a shopping centre in the back.

they were saying that they'd renovate the old building but right now it's empty and nothing's being done about it.

Well it's something...

By the logic predominately expressed within this thread, Africa is doing better than anyone.

Missing these (ignore the sign)

Fucking idiots TELL US WHICH CITIES THESE ARE. How the fuck are we supposed to know otherwise?

Well Hans, the only thing that's left for you now is to make your Führer proud with your love and investement in traditional art.

The main square of my town.
Isn't it lovely?

Why are you so retarded, brate?
You should post the same places. Terazije still stands. This picture tricks people that Hotel Moskva has been demolished and Genex was built on its spot.

Same shit for Do it like you do for and

padovano di merda

>prato
Missing these.

Whatever you say bro

That look so out of place its unreal

Oh, so you're a fellow housefag now. Yup, nothing beats the comfiness of sitting in one's own yard and simply enjoying the silence.

>I'm in burbs now
Borca Ovca pls leave

I couldn't find the photos of the exact same places, I used Moskva and Genex because they represent a perfect contrast between traditional and commie architecture.

That's really neat

All of my photos are from Belgrade.

Ewww

Thanks user.

Trees are nice, but the houses still look like utter ass

what the fuck is that looks like a crust of insect hives