Why is the US sending yellow tanks to Poland?

Why is the US sending yellow tanks to Poland?

Has the US been fighting in muzzy places for so long that nothing is no longer properly camouflaged for temperate zones?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/27/military-build-up-along-russias-border-no-cause-for-alarm
whatreallyhappened.com/node/574623
wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323798104578452941180687984
latimes.com/science/la-me-adv-tortoise-removal-20160306-story.html
smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/marine-corps-airlifting-1185-desert-tortoises-new-training-grounds-180958315/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They can be painted as necessary.

Pay attention, lads. If you want to predict a happening, keep an eye on military vehicle paint. When green and brown starts being ordered a lot, you'll know it's about to go down.

Anyone know the NSN of Abrams paint? Autistic /k/ommandoes or veterans with a tank maintenance background in the house?

No snow camo yet. Thank god.

I read about this earlier today.
The troops have been sent to Poland as a response to Russia's mobilization of missile batteries to Kaliningrad.

They have been fighting in the desert so long that is the color of the closest to mobilize tanks. It's also a decent primer and it is easier to paint a tank that is already there than it is to ship a properly colored tank across the atlantic.

NSN 8010-01-380-XXXX
XXXX depends on what color you want

>i pulled a lot of this info out of my ass but am generally concerned about this military movement

They probably haven't opened the cans of green paint in 10 years which have now dried out and have a 8 month lead time with a woman owned business sole source supplier.

Panzers came from factory with yellow paint in 1943-1945 and got camouflaged with brown and green paint at field. I assume that it works similarly with Americans.
Old OD green base with white star emblems paint job was cooler though.

In theatre painting is pretty common. Tons of shit arrived in afghanistan green in the early days We had to paint our shit in theatre, including vests in some cases.

Why not just have camo painted on the tanks?

An actual land war in Europe would involve nukes, just as a Pacific naval war would. Mechanized infantry is a useless relic. It's for show, fucking pointless.

The US does that a lot but in the desert tan does fine.

>Pic related
Its what the US uses in most of the continental US and Europe.

checked and I'm surprised there aren't happening threads pasted all over Sup Forums about these developments.

theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/27/military-build-up-along-russias-border-no-cause-for-alarm

>no cause for alarm

>Implying
Last i head the Army doctrine is to secure as many hostile nuclear launch sites with Airborne, Rangers, and Special Forces, because nobody is sure how to fight a nuclear war without taking a health amount of radiation.

we dont want to ruin it, each time we spam happening threads, nothing happens..

this time we'll try to ignore it in hopes for ww3 finally

>tanks
>current year

obsolete

>theguardian.com/world/2016/oct/27/military-build-up-along-russias-border-no-cause-for-alarm

>go to link
>"alarm" nowhere to be found in the article

Fucking weird eh

user i'm scared

I dont like this

What is the decisive factor in winning a modern war? I'll give you a hint: it's why your grandpa had that nice pension.

>implying you wouldn't

Hurry up with Cyberpunk before you're nuked to du st.

But it fits yellow snow

You hold down territory with infantry, not nukes. Plus nukes are a can of worms nobody will open.

This face could be used in a screamer, it's so unsettling, creepy and just not nice to look at

fucking THIS goddammit.

whatreallyhappened.com/node/574623

All those burgers clogging your shitters

sorry, that was supposed to end up in the makeup thread.. my bad.

To make the newropeans feel at home?

Good one.

Man i know people are gonna die the problem with nuclear war is it destroys capacities for a Government to govern or even worse it could wipe out most of a countries capacity to even exist as it does, basically they are still trying to think of a way to pull it off without still eating warheads.

>Plus nukes are a can of worms nobody will open.
We've used them, why wouldn't other countries? Face it, in a real war there will be nuke strikes. Maybe you're right and it won't be "fuck everything", but there will be multiple exchanges.

i kek'd

kek

Please tell me that the marines train to "preserve" endangered species will operating. Is there a sliver of truth to this comic at all??

they solved this long ago in moscow making the metro systems fallout shelters.

The sliver of truth is that they seem to be really really invested in making sure desert tortoises for some reason, not sure on Marine operating procedure on it but i wouldn't be surprised if they were given orders to not put endangered species at risk.

wsj.com/articles/SB10001424127887323798104578452941180687984
latimes.com/science/la-me-adv-tortoise-removal-20160306-story.html
smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/marine-corps-airlifting-1185-desert-tortoises-new-training-grounds-180958315/

Smart until you realize that a metro makes for a shit food production center.

how deep are they? a subsurface warhead can penatrate 100+ feet before detonation.

I 'member back during the Usama manhunt in Afghanistan the military got a lot of shit for exploding caves with rare animals like snow leopards or something.

Because they want to paint them green.

what happened here? Did Trump annex poland? Have we started the fire?

87 tanks does not constitute an invasion force into Russia in winter. It is a trip wire, just like the 30,000 troops in South Korea.

presence, usa is known for this camo

also it doesnt take long to paint equipment

Tan is a neutral color. In this modern age it's important not to offend anyone on the battlefield.

surprised Obama didn't have them painted pink

>Tactical assault pink

Green or yellow, what's the difference when there's snow everywhere?

a modern war would just involve a shit ton of area denial on a scale
never before seen. Each side would just spam missles and artillerly until one side broke. and Every time that happened just Airburst low megaton nuke over the position. Not to mention fleets can easily be knocked out of action by modern subs or Autonomous Mini drone subs which a country could deploy in the area to prevent access to certain waters.Russians have a torpedo which spews radiation into the water to prevent ships from passing threw. A modern war would be a bloody fucking mess. Not to mention when how AI will be kicking into high gear next 10 -20 years. Jets that can out think enemy fighters. AI which can look at a battle and devise a counter attack. If a computer can beat a human at chess it can dam sure do it at war.

Your toilet must be more severe.

When we go to training sites there are often endangered wild species living there. In Yakima we have some kind of rabbit and tortoise that we aren't suppose to fuck with or we get huge fines. There is also a kind of sage brush that they have roped off in different spots that you aren't suppose to drive or walk through. It's annoying as shit.

Just on JBLM we have some kind of woodpecker that we aren't suppose to fuck with and if we see them we are literally suppose to cease training near wherever their nest is.

>t faggot whose never been in the military

>no one in the picture with a hammer testing the reactive armor
Fake and gay.