Meditation

Been meditating over the past little while and it's really been helping. I've been meditating for only 5 to 10 minutes a day and afterward I feel like I had a full nights sleep and feel completely at peace with the world. What's Sup Forums view of such thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_meditation
youtu.be/669V5__Cph4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'll suck OPs cock

As necessary as exercise and a good diet

Yes, I agree. Mind and body after all

Trained in TM. Even if you don't do it the recommended twice daily, it's still good to know in a pinch. Used it this past week.

M e d i t a t i o n

Did some research a few years ago cuz of stress

Found a decent Podcast I liked that led to
Some proper instructional classes -

Now a few mins here and there helps keep
Stress in line and attract more + in life

Woah good post for a leaf

bumping for ya

Sometimes when breathing/relaxing different colours will appear with eyes closed -

Thinking that it may correspond to different chakras and the depth of relaxation - not sure but plausible imo

Frequency is everything

if digits meditation is the natural way humans make contact with our Creator God.

And vibration

Change your vibration. Change your life

Not so much contact as commune with the collective infinite intelligence

frequency and vibration is quite Literally everything

Can I Christian meditate? Or is there something in the Christian faith against it?

kmeditation is good for education

hopefuly one day education system sees the benefits of meditation, kids could focus more

What do you think praying is dumbass?

The thing you do with your hands when you pray is a mudra-a basic concept of meditation.

It's called praying.

user. Start here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_meditation

Meditation is in many religions.

This. It blows my mind how many people obsess over keeping their body healthy by do nothing to learn to manage their thoughts and emotions.

Even better if you take up a decent form of yoga or one of the internal martial arts and cultivate the mind & body at the same time.

Nothing is fucking real. I've literally seen a blue man in the sky look down on me like my superior peering at me in a fish tank. The sooner people understand this the better.

if digit ill start meditating on a regular basis

that settles it then
my journey starts here

I CANT FUCKING STOP

It's easy and incredibly rewarding. You will enjoy plumbing the depths of the ocean of your mind. And clearing out the old recycle bin as well

how to start?
how does not clear their head? I am all but thoughts.

t. Philosophy major

Read up on the Hesychasm. It's a form of meditation used by Eastern Orthodox monks, very similar to certain Buddhist practices.

I suspect it's not a coincidence that the Orthodox Church is the only institutionalised branch of Christianity which still produces genuine saints with genuine spiritual attainment. Read up on Saint Paisios, and compare him to the closest the Catholic Church has produced, Mother Theresa, if you want an example of just how vast the gap is between the two branches.

The Hesychists aside, there's absolutely nothing wrong with practicing meditation as a Christian - it basically does for your mind and emotions what working out does for your body.

There are also plenty of Christian mystics who work within the Hermetic meditation, since the Hermetic and Neo-Platonic traditions strongly influenced the development of Christianity,

one*

If you want to start with basic Vipassana (Insight Meditation, which is being watered down and sold as Mindfulness at the moment), I'd recommend the works of Joseph Goldstein, Mark Epstein, Tara Brach and Thich Nhat Hanh.

If you want a really basic 101 type book which will lead you onto some further reading and give you an example of how one man changed his life with meditation, I'd recommend 10% Happier by Dan Harris.

Think of every thought as a pebble in a pond, each new thought adds a ripple. One thought at a time until you can sort out the mess of thoughts in your head. Complete silence or darkness helps

how do i vibrate out of neetdom sensei

i'm a lazy neet in a rut for like 5 years because my last girlfriend was an abusive cunt and my family fell apart

tbqh though it's because i'm very unfocused and feel as though my "progress" has stagnated

I need a mentor, or to find the right path in life

my mind feels blocked and clogged and i've turned to meditation before to try to help me get by shit, but i just can't seem to do it

What is "vibration" and "frequency"? It has been mentioned on the thread, but not properly explained or discussed.

what do you think about when you meditate OP, do you travel , where do you go? I float around in space sometimes before sleep and sometimes someone pulls me into a sun / star or I land on a barren planet

All alone, it's usually an arctic thing, I built a subterranean room in the ice

christ fag
>KYS

Don't give up!

Meditation is the art of inviting fallen spirits to control your body. If you need better sleep, clear your conscience by not doing bad things during the day.

>asking for an easy way out of the grave you won't stop digging for yourself

What do you want me to tell you? You can develop mental superpowers and still be a lazy neet. You know the answer.

start birdwatching

This is a Christian board. Go back to shitting in the streets.

This very much. Once you realize the benefits of practicing meditation regularly it becomes clear your mind has been asking for it your whole life. Meditation is to your brain what exercise is to your body, it keeps your mind clean and focused.
I used to do it daily but for different reasons I lost the routine and I can feel the fogginess coming back.

It's hilarious that everyone thinks Meditation is only a buddhist thing, like a prayer or something so they don't even try it, and 95% of those who try it never reach a state of meditation so they dismiss it way too soon. Meditation requires regular practice!

That's a skewed perspective. Meditation is a Mono cultural phenomena present in some form or another in all religion. In the abstract, it's literally spending time with/on your thinking.

There's a trick for starters, focus on your breath and "look to the horizon" with your eyes closed, like seriously, just imagine there's the ocean in front of you and you want to see that ship sailing far away. If done correctly you will start feeling a pressure on your frontal lobe and if done regularly one day you will "open your third eye" (you will know when it happens).

Which form of meditation do you practice? What was it like opening your third eye (and when did it happen) ?

Do you have any resources or links you can aid me with?

every color and feeling/thought resonates at a certain frequency(vibration)

repetition=pattern/results

Learn to use your own damn mind. Half of america doesn't know of to breath correctly for god sakes. To full of useless thoughts and bad diet
(hormone-induced feelings/fog and acid-levels in diet are connected to brain function/efficiency. Who knew!)

Hell even diseases have their own frequencies.(which makes the whole micro-chipping thing even scarier if you're into that stuff)
With the proper equipment you could implant certain trains of thought into a person's normal brain patterns by targeting certain lobes for the desired hormone-release(think commercials/jingles/subliminal pattern recognition)
Hell don't solids maintains their atomic structure by having a certain vibration
So basically everything, to answer your question loosely

Do these ever become visible with enough training? How do you optimize them? What are the benefits of certain vibrations/frequencies over others?

Read The Kybalion, it's probably the most concise explanation of these concepts I've come across in the literature.

I also get the full nights sleep feeling, it's great
isochronic tones work best for me

>reddit spacing
Stop formatting like a retard, leaf. Kys

I did hatha/kundalini yoga in my mid-teens and began seeing colorful auras around people (Do NOT go in raw with advanced yoga for your own well-being)

Take the color red for example
Women are attracted to it naturally and it gives off a slight radiation
Every color has it's unique "powers"
The elite like the color orange for some reason too(no clue)
certain music can put you in a certain mood etc.

people just oversimplify and ignore what is in front of their faces

Basic generic meditation is literally just sitting and focusin only on your breath. When a thought comes up or you get distracted, recognize it and go straight back to focusing on breathing. That's literally all it is. It will help you relax your mind and all that jazz. Isn't as easy as it sounds tho

The other guy said people oversimplify, but I think people over complicate more. They get too narrowed in on shit. Hardly anyone is in touch with their feelings like they should be. I'm not talking about like female emotionalness; I mean more like perception and general awareness

Not really. Christian meditation has nothing to do with practices that have Eastern mysticism as their foundation. Such practices include lectio divina, transcendental meditation, and many forms of what is called contemplative prayer. These have at their core a dangerous premise that we need to “hear God’s voice,” not through His Word, but through personal revelation through meditation. Some churches are filled with people who think they are hearing a “word from the Lord,” often contradicting one another and therefore causing endless divisions within the body of Christ. Christians are not to abandon God’s Word, which is “God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work” (2 Timothy 3:16-17). If the Bible is sufficient to thoroughly equip us for every good work, how could we think we need to seek a mystical experience instead of or in addition to it?

Short video on what Christian meditation should look like. youtu.be/669V5__Cph4

Thank you for the suggestion. I'll take a look at it soon.

Is there a specific edition I should attempt to read, or just the original (if I can find it)?

Does this form of yoga essentially achieve the same goal(s) as qi gong or tai chi? If not, how do they differ?

Do you have resources for this I may benefit from? Also, what is the danger of
"advanced yoga"?

How vivid were the vibrations?

I t

My attention span is getting shorter and shorter thanks to Sup Forums and Sup Forums

I feel like I can't focus and do something at once. Also I procrastinate a lot lately.

Would meditation help?

I suggest reading books, I will try meditation as well.

I also want to say that all you /x/ muh shakra posters need to fucking go

>mystical experience

So your saying that's not god? That our maker didn't give us this ability? Fuck off.
No. Kundalini will change your hormone function in a way that if not controlled can give you schizophrenia. It's much stronger. Taichi=cigarettes. advanced yoga/ lucid dreaming blabla= mushrooms

You can sometimes be so charged with static that you cant touch anything for an hour. Your intuition will be near-perfect enough to entirely rely on your gut feeling

Vivid (hallucinations) Think geometric shapes and patterns/blueprints once you've been at it for months

I would say something cliche about you needing to open your mind but that really wouldn't help my case would it

Been meditating for a while. Start and stick with it for at least a month you'll see results.

Download the headspace app on your phone and do the 10 days you'll see results. If you can't afford it for other courses torrent.

Motherfucking white bastards appropriating my culture and tanning themsleves to become brown and then memeing poo in loo.

Shadilay brothers shaliday.

I made the mistake of not including my full response.

It's easier to forego analysis and perception, isn't it? Personally, I have thirsted for a sense of personal "presence"--to feel like I am "here" in the "now". It's like a dull reaper around my throat that has to do years upon years of paperwork before executing me, and I have to sit in the waiting room the whole time.

It might sound like exaggeration, but that is just how it feels. So dull and mindless, all the time. It feels "grey".

I took off my glasses a few times when walking at night recently. I'm near-sighted, and everything looked so blurry, but so grand and beautiful. There was so little detail, but the quiet simplicity was relieving. Even a simple hedge was a pleasurable sight to see.

>Kundalini will change your hormone function in a way that if not controlled can give you schizophrenia

I have a history with the occult in my early childhood (associated with elements such as kundalini), with many years of unfortunate results. Do you think this could be similar to what you describe here?

Also, I would like to ask again if you have any materials to suggest or links for self-study.

Sorry had to change to my phone. I practice mindfullness (i think), I never followed any particular technique but that which feels natural to me. Opening your "third eye" is like an explosion of light and an overwhelming feeling of euphoria, your brain "pops" and it feels like you are being crowned (they call it the crown chakra for a reason).

No worries.

What you describe is somewhat confusing, but sounds like it's truly euphoric. How long did it take you to achieve this? How did you feel and act since?

>Sometimes when breathing/relaxing different colours will appear with eyes closed
Thats where I get lost. All I get is black, save for the white impressions / "light burns" but not colors or images at all.
In fact, when someone says "picture x" I don't get anything either, maybe a narration at best, I don't know.
All of this thinking of how to think really makes me think.

go gurdjieff without the dance faggotry....

>recognize it
Wait what? How?

bluepill of ultimate placebo

>No. Kundalini will change your hormone function in a way that if not controlled can give you schizophrenia. It's much stronger. Taichi=cigarettes. advanced yoga/ lucid dreaming blabla= mushrooms

There are Daoist meditations taught alongside Taiji which are equivalent to Kundalini Yoga in their ability to induce mystical experience and spiritual growth.

Namely Nei Gong and Nei Dan, but also some forms of Qi Gong - it varies a bit, since different lineages use different terminology, but there are schools of Nei Gong which teach methods more or less identical to Kundalini Yoga (activating the primal essence and running it up the spine to stimulate the energy centers of the body and induce spiritual awakening).

Taiji is a bit of a unique case, since it serves as a yogic practice in the sense that it circulates internal energy and calms the mind through the combination of breathing and movement, but it's also, at least in it's original form, a martial art, which yoga emphatically is not.

>Is there a specific edition I should attempt to read, or just the original (if I can find it)?

The original is easy to find online in pdf form, just google search it. But my favorite edition is The Kybalion Definite Edition edited by Philip Deslippe, since it includes a lot of background regarding the origin of the text and some further works of the author which are interesting, although not quite on par with the main volume.

Isn't that entirely circular logic? "All you need to do is meditate on the Bible, because the Bible says that all you need to do is meditate on the Bible."

Shit like this is why people outside the third world are leaving mainstream Christianity in droves - it's like trying to subside on spiritual bread and water. The Church as an institution just doesn't see to the spiritual needs of most people anymore.

I tried to find some appeal in Catholicism when I originally started back on the spiritual path, and there are parts that speak to me - the history, the imagery the way it's embedded in my culture, the example of Jesus as a spiritual master. But at the end of the day it's just too dry, too intellectual, too stale and anti-life. The Eastern Orthodox Church does have a small spark of life in it, but Roman Catholicism has become an intellectual circle jerk and Protestantism has become a social club for hicks.

Finished a 10 day Vipassana retreat not too long ago...

It's legit, looking forward to incorporating it into my daily routine.

*Definitive Edition

Could be a factor.

I did not know I was doing kundalini at first. It came naturally without thought. Don't know good lit but i'd say fuck classes and online scams that give you the jewed down techniques. Just look up your basic moves and mudras and start to feel them out, none are really less or more effective in the sense of strength but instead of application. Of course start lower and go upwards with your focus Kundalini is a subject that has been ruined by new age fags unfortunately. So a lot is compromised See

See it for what it is, a rogue(forced) thought

does kek wish me to start as well?

also kek, should I stop smoking?

"Whether it is stress, anger, fear, or whatever negativity that you go through, there is only one basic cause - you are ignorant of your inner Self." -Sadhguru

Also Biblically speaking with faith all things are possible. And starting to do little things correctly might be inspirational to move on forward and get more serious things straightened out.

>I did not know I was doing kundalini at first. It came naturally without thought. Don't know good lit but i'd say fuck classes and online scams that give you the jewed down techniques. Just look up your basic moves and mudras and start to feel them out, none are really less or more effective in the sense of strength but instead of application. Of course start lower and go upwards with your focus Kundalini is a subject that has been ruined by new age fags unfortunately. So a lot is compromised See

That's an incredibly awesome way to fry your nervous system and induce a psychotic break.

If you're going to mess around with Kundalini Yoga, find a teacher who can guide you through the process. There's a reason these practices were passed down from master to student for thousands of years - it's not because they were assholes who wanted to keep it to themselves (well, mostly not), it's because this shit is dangerous if you aren't prepared and don't know what you're doing.

You're basically rerouting your internal energy system and reprogramming your consciousness. It's the spiritual equivalent of trying to perform surgery on yourself.

Seriously, anyone who's reading this, for the love of god don't try kundalini yoga without an experienced teacher, or you're opening yourself up to a world of pain.

Yes. I mean it's not like you can't smoke and meditate at the same time, so you don't have to give it up before you start, but a lot of meditation comes down to breathing techniques, and even with basic mindfulness, the longer and deeper your breathing is, the further you'll be able to take your practice. And since smoking completely fucks your lungs it's obviously going to cause some issues on that front.

Any form of prayer is meditation.

>You're basically rerouting your internal energy system and reprogramming your consciousness. It's the spiritual equivalent of trying to perform surgery on yourself.
That's a perfect way to explain it.

yeah that last one was a late night stupor response. Don't fuck with this stuff unless you have a few years of basics down.
later

Meditation is great, zazen is better. Most people probably practice zazen and don't know the difference.

Orange is blood type 0 negative or something, the most valuable liquid in the world.

Auras are real. Red is for alpha being, beings with supreme self awareness.
You know now that I think of it, the colors of the houses of that school in hogwarts line up with the aura colors and their traits. lel.

please elaborate

How am I supposed to make progress if I can neither safely self-study nor acquire any instruction beyond expensive pilates classes? I live in Southern California for reference.

I prefer self-study as well.

What else is there if I want results without a psychotic episode?

Meditation is one of the best but also one of the worst things that i have done.
It can be at times very destabilizing and scary but overall worth doing.

Meditation, especially as it is taught to beginners, almost always involves focusing on a koan, a visual object/pattern, counting breaths, or ruminating on memories. Zazen is nothing, no thoughts, no point of focus. Empty.

It is decided

How is this superior to meditation results-wise? I looked at zazen recently, but didn't try it myself.

op you fucking tinfoil schizocuck kys you're self and take you're meds and go back to /x/

Not your blog.

What is the best meditation and why is it metta?

It changes your thinking patterns into positive ones

I don't think I can convincingly explain it; it has to be experienced. It is not easy to do for an extended period of time.

That said, meditation is still very good and useful. It's not like you should only do one or the other. I think a mix of both is good. Can separate by session, or transition from meditation into zazen. I often begin with focusing on my breathing, then settle into zazen. It can be very intense.

A way to think about it might be as different yoga poses for the mind...if that makes sense...not a great analogy.

I understand what you are trying to convey.

I see it as a "deep sleep" of meditation myself. Like the REM of meditation. I only wonder how long you typically take to make the transition, and for how long you sustain it.

Do you have any materials to suggest?

sounds gay af