Abusing alcohol is degenerate

Abusing alcohol is degenerate

But who here knows somebody/is somebody who has taken heroin? I've been an alcoholic (fifth a day) and I don't crave it enough to prostitute myself for it.

What makes it so special? Serious question

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delirium_tremens
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It the really bad withdrawal that make it so hard to quit.

Now it's just a hipster drug hipsters use as a way to prove they are somehow more worthy of pity then their hipster friends.And it also give them a free ticket to do deplorable things to their hipster friends and use their drug affliction as an excuse .
I have seen this irl over and over again

If youve been abusing it for a long time. Alcohol withdrawal has similar effects. Here's an interesting read.
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delirium_tremens
Shit fucking sucks

I second this.
It's evil.
It needs to kill more people.

That's straight bullshit, alcohol has the worst and is the most deadly drug to withdraw from

So possibly alot of antifa faggots are heroin addicts?

This soothes the soul

Also I'm not sure why the article says it takes 2 to 3 days for the symptoms to settle in. For me it was 12 hours after not drinking. You really feel like you could die it's scary as fuck

Alcohol isn't addicting for me.
Then again, neither are nicotine and opiates for me.
Caffeine though? Shit man, that's addicting shit right there.

I know several people that have taken it / have died from it / are taking it. It's a complete degenerate drug. It literally changes the chemical production of your brain. If someone has an addictive personality, and they try it, they're literally just ending their life.

I live in nothern Ohio. It is a fucking epidemic here. I have had a few friends. One dude, you wouldn't have ever suspected. He was a store manager for Best Buy. Making 120k a year. He ended up stealing from work to pay for his habit. Ended up in jail. Got out of jail. When he got out, thought he could do the same amount as when he went to jail, overdosed, died.

There isn't really anything that makes it special. Everyone that I know that does it, when they try to come off of it, they get sick. Really, really sick. They can not function, at all. The become completely chemically dependent on it. I had another friend ( had ) who would try to get off of it, and he was puking and physically drained completely. Then, from sharing needles, ended up with Hep C. Last I checked, he's in prison now.

It is the most degenerate drug I have ever personally seen. I know people that do coke, smoke pot, take prescription drugs. The heavy prescription drug people are the only ones I know that come close to being as bad as the ones that do heroin. The ones that are on the prescription drugs, it's only a matter of time before they end up on it, and dead.

Definitely true, but it's much easier to get alcohol than heroin (generally). Even as an

>Been an alcoholic myself. Hit rock bottom
>Stopped drinking 4 years ago with the help of antabuse
>Had some relapses but the interval became longer

>Life is better now, but socially it's difficult because alcohol turns people into morons, and it fucking everywhere.

4 years in, still standing strong

I was talking about heroin. I should have clarified.

Alcohol isn't as bad as heroin in my opinion. Is it good? No. It leads people to take out an entire city block with their car, or drive down the wrong side of the highway when they are fucked up. I know several high functioning alcoholics. They work, do what they're supposed to and don't fuck shit up. But, they are the exceptions to the rule. My grandfather included. Always drinks, every night. Shakes when he doesn't drink at night. But, he's in his mid 80's. Never hurt anyone, stole or gotten a DUI. As far as the degenerate substances go, alcohol is on the list for sure. But it's manageable if you have any kind of smarts.

What do you think makes heroin special? To the point people will steal from work to get it? The only other drug I've heard people steal to get it is meth. Is it really that good?

Never did heroine myself fortunately. I did watch some withdrawals on youtube for the lulz and it looks like hell.

It looked like the initial phase was much heavier (real sickness) don't know about the psychological aspect of it.

Did become addicted to benzo's after stopping with alcohol (nosleep). Now that is hell to withdraw from. Holy shit. 6 fucking months of agony

I've been a functioning alcoholic. You drink when you wake up to keep off the shakes, you take a couple shots at lunch to keep off the skakes, and binge when you get home. This is the life of a "functioning" alcoholic.

Heroin doesn't make straight guys go gay for money. They were always fags or closet fags. My dad was a functioning heroine addict for my entire childhood. He always held down a job.

I had a friend that used to do heroin, she's been clean for 8 years now and still tells me every week or so about how much she wants to do heroin, how she can still feel herself needing it

Your dad wasnt an addict then. He shot up for fun.

>I don't crave it enough to prostitute myself for it.
>that ID
>suk
>bj
nope, I do not believe you

Lmao ok bro. He been shooting up since 15. He's 63 and been on a methadone clinic since the 70s. He is an addict. Not a numale pussy

This is what fucking sucks about being an addict. No matter how long time passes, you've been tainted and know how good the drug makes you feel. It's why AA/NA instills the belief of God unto it's members. You have to feel like someone is holding you accountable at all times because you will want to use again for the rest of your life

I dont get how people become alcoholics.

In my family we've always had wine or beer when eating / champagne on new years, but I've never felt the urge to drink like that.

Sure I used to get drunk with my friends in High School a lot when we went to parties / clubs but that isn't very fun any more in my opinion.

I dont understand how some of my friends still get drunk multiple times a week.

former junkie checking in.

>taking pride in your dad for being an addict

What a fucking loser

I have a friend who is a drug and alcohol counselor, she said that heroin withdrawal feels like you're going to die but isn't actually harmful, whereas alcohol withdrawal can actually kill you.

>I don't crave it enough to prostitute myself for it.
>that ID
>suk
>bj
nope, I do not believe you

I member reading about how there was this doctor in Sweden who used to hook up soms elite circles with the purest h like every week or so. Didn't abuse or develop an addiction at all, without any extra meds. Find it quite fascinating desu, might wanna check it out.

How am I taking pride? Just pointing out that you faggots have no idea what your talking about. No drug will turn you into a faggot. You were always one.

I know two guys who have tried it at some point in their lives. None of them are taking it right now, one of them is a gym coach and the other one, I don't really know what he does but he clearly has money since he's travelling all the time.
Alcohol is shit as a recreational drug — high toxicity, lots of adverse side effects, also you lose self-control when you take lots of it.

>parents divorced
>dad moved out of state
>living with mom
>mom dies
>get engaged, have new family
>get cheated on
Turn to alcohol to fill in the hole. I'm 26. It started at 24. I think you're just young because I thought the same way when I was young

hivemind

OP is that you?

>That's straight bullshit, alcohol has the worst and is the most deadly drug to withdraw from

Yeah but how long do you need to abuse alcohol before it reaches this point? I've heard all about the "lethal" effects of alcohol withdrawal but never known anyone who experienced them.

Damn nigga u call me a loser when your wife cucked you into becoming an alcoholic

>There isn't really anything that makes it special.

Except that the feeling you get from it is better than anything else you could ever experience. You make it sound like it's the physical dependence that makes it so addicting but that's false. Alcohol is far more physically addicting.

It's people chasing that incredible high what makes it addicting because they don't want to experience anything else.

Because you want to believe he was is an addict and a functioning one. No one has a job and functions on heroin boyo. You'll blow out all of your veins in 5 years, you'll leave track marks employees/employers see, the effects of the drug don't even allow you to function. This isn't a bar of xanax, it isn't a few shots of vodka, it's isn't a line of coke before work, it's heroin.

Heroin addict for seven years, clean for six months.

AMA

Put a glock to your head and check yourself out, degenerate.

How does it make you feel so good?

Most addicts are soothing or escaping an emotional pain like childhood trauma.

Heroin is the ultimate painkiller.

I'd rather have a dead dad than an alive one that's degenerate POS

what was your first hit like?

I'd do it too most likely if I was stuck in the shithole that is the UK these days, at least in the big cities. Rural area are still quite comfy desu.

Take care user. How did it start?

Are the withdrawals literally the worst thing ever, like they would have you believe?

This.

I've seen Indians on Craigslist saying they'd fuck for a 26.

>boyo

Your a youngfag that doesn't know shit. My dad has scars all over his legs from shooting up. He always held down a job. He would jump on a shitty 10 speed bike and cop a bag every day at lunch. I'm not proud. It broke my fucking heart every day growing up but seeing it made me sta away from drugs. I took him to the doc once and they were poking the fuck out of him trying to find a vein.

It is warm, comfy and cosy and makes you feel relaxed, calm, loved, safe, etc. It is like snuggling up on he sofa with a qt girlfriend under a blanket watching Netflix while there is a thunderstorm outside.

Most addicts have anxiety, depression, trauma, etc., not to mention all the problems caused by the addiction itself like loneliness, poverty, illness, etc. Heroin takes that all away, emotionally.

Of course it solves nothing and makes things worse in the long run. But drugs also inhibit reasoning/planning/impulse control.

Father was a drunk as was his father before him, grandfather on mothers side put his wife through the windshield of model t ford....oldfag....he found religion and married Grammy....who's father used to come home and puke in her only school shoes....in rocky mount west Va....coal miner......my father was a drunk .....who never could keep a job.....divorced by mom ....raised up as best she could....I stayed away mostly got spoiled brat rich friends....in high school and fucked up my grades....the pot and booze were a factor...quit ....cut ties with friends....went to get my ged ....college....night trade school.....wife two homes..two kids....sitting here shit posting on Sup Forums at 38.00 an hour plus benefits.....

Alcohol exsists no place in nature for any extended period of time it's a tool for consumption it's degenerate....

There are all kinds of chains laying around if you want to be a slave....booze ....dope.....hard drugs....sex.....even money.....people I work with have homes paid for cars paid for and good pensions and big 401k yet they are coming in to work tomorrow to fucking lay around to make overtime....

Make yourselves a slave to your dreams ....just make sure you trade your time for something that's worth it......you only pass by this way once.

used occasionally heroin for two years without becoming an addict.

Will you ever use it again?

In all honesty was it worth it?

We're there any costs to you personally?

Do you have a learning disability or are you just high right now?

>It's why AA/NA instills the belief of God unto it's members.
no, it's conquered minds conquering other minds. the weak leading the weak, so to say.

>Alcohol isn't as bad as heroin in my opinion

Alcohol isn't as bad as heroin, objectively. Developing an alcohol addiction is not easy. It'll take years of building up tolerance to allow you to handle the I'll effects. It's easier when you're young.

H might be ok once, but if you do it 2 days in a row, ever, you're already mostway to being an addict. H of dog.

i've felt that feeling when they give you drugs to fall asleep for surgery. coming out as well. don't know if it's the same chemical, but whatever, i know what you're talking about.

>alcohol is degenerate

What is degenerate is you and the fact that you have no willpower or self-control. Anything can be degenerate and addictive, not just booze.

Pretty nice. It was a feeling of peacefulness and warmth I'd never felt before.

Don't take that as an invitation to do it though. If you do it, you can take everything that you like in life right now - gf, sex, friends, family, shitposting, video games, food, etc. - and throw it out the window.

An addict's life is VERY boring.

Heroin feels good but it's not worth it. Stuffing your face with candy all day feels good, quitting work and sitting at home all day wanking feels good, shitting in your pants directly rather than going to the loo probably feels good. But there are consequences so you have to exercise self control.

It's 6:38 am in the morning shithead I'm half asleep and that was a stream of consciousness text wall....don't be such a smartass.

>But who here knows somebody/is somebody who has taken heroin?

I do. Two people. It was that or suicide for them. One was taking to much speed and was looking for something to calm him down.

It sure fucking did.

The other guy was just some depressed pathetic shit. He once traded is phone for drugs and in the phone there was a recording of him crying over some girl it was really pathetic.

Something like

>please *cry* forgive me *cry* I still love you *cry* i cant take it *cry*

and stuff like that

dont do heroin it really has no point other than killing yourself in every possible way possible.

the word you are looking for is "addictive"

fucking americans "addicting" are you serious?

Ive gotten alcohol withdrawals.

Been drinking since 15, almost 24 now.

I havent gotten them to the point where id get DT/seizures, but ive gotten some bad withdrawals. Pain everywhere, shakes, pins and needles, head pressure, immense chest pain/heartburn, palpitations, feeling like death.

Alot of it came from malnutrition, when I went on binges I would barely eat

I alcohol is worse than anything else ive done, and Ive done coke, benzos, other shit. Ima definitely take a break, hoping I can get my nutrition right, put on some weight, work out, and in some time maybe Ill be able to drink responsibly

>hipster
>4 times

yeesh fly-over spotted

Thanks!

I have always been up for trying anything once. I was doing ecstacy, speed, coke and ketamin all the time when I went out at the weekend and I thought I should try heroin.

And i thought, why not? They say not to but they said that about ecstacy too, which is bullshit. Plus all my heroes at the time had been heroin addicts - Slash, Nikki Sixx, Richey Edwards, etc.

Can I even call myself an alcoholic if I drink 3 pints every day Monday-Thursday and 6 pints every day Friday-Sunday.

If you stop drinking daily and feel shitty you're probably an alcoholic

>he thinks his brain receptors act differently than literally every other mammal on earth.

Neck yourself

do you have the downs or is there some other reason you are writing in this spastic and barely coherent way?

or is it just the good old american education?

>hitting in your pants directly rather than going to the loo probably feels good.
pic related
anyway -
ever seen Trainspotting?

I've gone through both morphine w/d and alcohol. Alcohol is way, way worse - I almost died. If you drink a liter a day for three weeks to a month straight, you are in for a seriously shitty time.

I hear it varies from person to person. For some, it's like the flu.

For me, yes, it was really, really bad. Just a constant physical and mental pain. At least with the flu you can get comfy and go to sleep. No matter what you do you cannot stop the hurting with withdrawals.

Well there is one tiny thing you can do to stop it. It will only cost £10 and you'll feel better straight away... You can just do it this one last time and stop properly afterwards...

After the wihdrawals there is the depression and the long road to fixing your lonely, pathetic, broken life.

It sucks!

How do you even become an alcoholic? I drink around 10-15 bottles of beer per day, and it doesn't affect my thinking process in any way, and i never do any dumb shit either. Also, I'm never hungover...
Are you a manlet or something?

Yes
The fuck? Drinking every day at 30 pints a week means you're an alcoholic.

We spit on your queen's english. Here we speak american.

I was being serious.
>....
This is grammatically nothing. Stop it now.

Kill yourself

You guys with experience of withdrawl, out of curiosity, what is your opinion on the "scale down" method.

As in, one takes smaller doses and a lot less frequently for a period before going clean completely.

I've heard that it is easier to accomplish it that way than doing cold Turkey.

>13
well tell us a story dammit

an alcohol here

probably gonna habe another beer just for keks
cause its offseason

hard liquor is for nigger scum and anyone who gets hooked on it deserbes whats coming

Alcoholism come in all kind of form. You don't have to down two bottle of whisky to be an alcoholic. If I remember correctly it's bar sized drink a day

only if you're a small dicked gook

I've made the decision never to touch it again.

I'm almost 42 have a drunk best bro with cash and toys but he will die alone and most likely in poor health his father is dying of diabetes right now....foot removed last summer....

Booze will take everything you have eventually up to and including your life....and above all your happiness.

Picture related best bro's hellcat the car next to it's a gtr.

Herion withdraw can kill you

I said probably!

Yes, it is like Trainspotting. In particular the psychological pain - thinking about how you hurt people etc (the guy with aids, the dead baby). It's like a really bad comedown in that sense.

No hallucinations though - not for me anyway.

it preceded my divorce, so i can't say it didn't have an impact. but it never was an explicit problem. i was taking other stuff as well, like oxyc and cocaine, but my life is pretty stable. i smoked once or twice after my divorce, but it freaked me out. in the meanwhile, my life has changed and i haven't touched it since.

i don't have very strong feelings about the subject. i don't think i'll every actively purchase it again - my new girlfriend is strongly opposed to it.

if i had any advice at all i could give about the subject is that anybody should be able to experiment as he wishes. but some people are more vulnerable to others to addiction, and if you're in this category, or if you're looking for an easy consolation to your shitty life, it's wise to stay clear from it. furthermore, quality can really suck and the widespread addition of fentanyl is worrisome. pure health considerations would be enough to advise against it...

was it worth it? i'm happier now than i used to be, so it's pretty hard to put a cost on the impact it had on my life...

was it as good/orgasmic as it is portrayed to be? i didn't think so. i always thought it to be quite underwhelming.

a fun fact is the only withdrawals that can actually kill you are withdrawals from alcohol and the ones from benzos

That's what I did, using substitute medication.

It's really effective but probably not if you are doing it yourself with heroin. You just wouldn't stick to it. I tried that, I bought a week's worth to shut myself away and gradate down on, and instead I got super high for two solid days.

You also need to do psychological stuff to make sure you are moving away from the addict lifestyle and thoughts as well as the heroin itself.

I never gave writing the attention it deserved in school I always loved the technology/math/science...

Picture related ...shit I own....shit you cannot....btw in case you've never heard this.... Only free men own guns.

See I can make snide remarks too..

I thought being a "fly over" is supposed to be an insult? Not being a hipster is a compliment.

>Says the fat gypsy topping off his afternoon dishwater rakija

You're a faggot why does this cool ass nigga hang with you

This is why your wife cheated on you desu quit being a fucking mother hen all the time nerd

I bought a gram of H. (to try) like 15 years ago and smoked it over the course of a week cloistered in my appartment. I felt so tired, miserable and sick during that fateful week that i've never touched that shit again.

It felt like burning my life away. This substance can make anyone its bitch in no time.

Whole family hooked on it
started with my sister then she got my parents hooked
then they all became alcoholics and on top of that they all smoked crack
my dad died by huffing butane gas bc he couldn't get a fix
shits fucked up man it makes you some crazy things

They're hitting you with an opioid, so yeah it's basically the same thing.

Sounds like you learned you lesson.

Once you've been down and hit bottom everything else is up, you gained clarity.

>more worthy of pity
current generation summed up in four words

Probably because your withdrawal wasn't as bad. The article says "DT is considered the most severe manifestation of alcohol withdrawal and occurs 3–10 days following the last drink."

Can't you die from heroin withdrawal? Don't you get hemorrhaging or something

thanks for answering

You felt sick all the time but you kept using it?