Post modernism was a mistake

Other urls found in this thread:

holybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/Autobiography-of-a-Yogi-by-Paramahansa-Yogananda.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=OU5pNg-jRgM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voortrekker_Monument
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It really is the worst. At least Koolhaas makes sense

I think there's a difference between post modernism and modernism. I still like modernism or modern furniture because it's minimal, clean and has an emphasis for shape but then you have pic related and it's just edgy architects designing literally edgy and wacky buildings because dude future lamo

this

vs this

Post modernism hate thread?

boston

and this

vs this

and this

Can we take a moment to hate on Catalans and their awful fucking taste?

los angeles

couldn't find too great of architecture in la

Why is Barcelona so fucking grotesque?

Looks like a Zerg structure.

Well, what do you expect of the city that the canaanite elites have designed to be their new Babylon. Of course it won't have any great architecture. It's a stronghold for Moloch lovers, pedos and mindcontrolled CIA MK-Ultra assets.

wow why do you people hate real art?

I bet an Indian engineer designed this

Post modernism wasn't deliberate, weak people were simply told they were speshul snowflakes and the result was a lot of resentment towards a anything that indicates any sort of strength, whether it's good art or attractive qualities.

These doesn't look bad thought

This doesn't look good

I remember that from gta:sa

capthca wtf

Fuck up daniel

underrated

This is the Scottish parliament building. Former SNP leader Alex Salmond has stated he believes the houses of parliament in London should be destroyed and replaced with something more modern, specifically sighting pic related.

I lived in BCN for 6 years and I have never understood why do tourists like this shit so much, to the point of making BCN the most visited city in Spain

let's start with librarys.

library of congress

inside

Modernism was a mistake. Postmodernism is about retaining functional aspect of modernism but being less horrendously ugly. Taipei 101 for example

boston

looks like a failing polytechnic college

inside

los angeles

Did somebody say libraries, what about the library of Birmingham?

inside, hard to find a good picture because it's built downward underground, this picture is definitely taken below street level

Look at obvious masonic pyramid at top.
Confirms this.

LA is center of narcissistic Luciferianism and babylonian death cult of canaanite Moloch worshippers.

lol fuck off that Cathedrals a masterpiece

heres a disgrace

new york (pretty boring outside, could be worse though)

I would not go in there if I were you.
There are a shitload of supermutants inside.

Is that the one the roach crawled on and died?

why do orientals (except China) design their buildings according to their traditional architecture? That for example looks like a pagoda

inside is very impressive

Kekd and checked

time for a few modern library's

here's amsterdam's

i don't feel the instant need to vomit

Very freemason-ry from the outside...

...yet shopping-mally on the inside?

At least the wood floors make it have some character

looks beautiful.

trigger warning

because orientals (except China) haven't been ruined by filthy communists who despise their own people

I already feel sick.

Checked.

Also they are based as fuck and stick to traditions. Their core values are based on the inner worlds unlike the west were it is based on the outer material world aka the illusion of maya. Wake up child.

holybooks.com/wp-content/uploads/Autobiography-of-a-Yogi-by-Paramahansa-Yogananda.pdf

do they really want to believe us that this is beautiful? What pretentious description would they come up with this?

It looks like one of those KFC counters in nigger areas.

This is just the same old marxist infeltration in art

(assumption by correggio)

Why is it that after work jours all these architects allways return to their apartments in old buildings.
They never live their own terrible creations.

i don't know what you call this... shit?

of course it's seattle

They took literally everything except our economic wealth
When will we realize we have NO culture anymore
That's why no one is willing to defend the west.

Freemasonry and other elite secret clubs made to keep the knowledge from the masses and keep them in a perpetual daze of distractions. It's design is based on the schism microcosm/macrocosm. Outside you have what is truly on the inside, metaphorically speaking - the spiritual higher knowledge stuff, and on the inside it is like a mall, as you say, representing the outer world of material distractions. Thus representing a reversal of the classical inner=spirit/outer=matter. They love reversing stuff like this.

Uhm yes

This is better
Than this. If you disagree you're a retarded philistine that can't into aesthetics

>thinking architects can afford to live in theshard

nice one hans

Gaudi was pretty good. One of the few modernists who actually do have talent

a glasgow university

Jezus,
And than people say america has no culture

This is an example of good postmodern design.
This is an example of architects fucking with too much twisty concrete memeing
This is just generic gothic 'pay craftsmen with bread because labour was cheap so the facade looks good but it's essentially a tower and glorified house'.

my internet is shitting the bed, i should go to bed soon anyways

youtube.com/watch?v=OU5pNg-jRgM

raycis architecture

ITT: a bunch of "wrong generation" spergs

Looks like a prison

Le american copycat European classical architecture so bootiful

>meanwhile in sheepshaggerton

communist countries & modernism (kiev)

That makes sense. I would never have thought the temple-like exterior would be so plasticky inside.

Maybe some of the other architectural monstrosities are playing a similar game?

I-is that pretoria?
Beautiful sigh

lenin's library

art museum at michigan state

All these post modernist buildings look really good

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voortrekker_Monument

Cenotaph is pretty sweet as well.

>Cenotaph
You're of british descent?

Enjoy your square dogshit buildings

how do you go from this...

classical

dangerous postmodernism

copy and pasting from wiki:

Through an opening in this dome a ray of sunlight shines at twelve o'clock on 16 December annually, falling onto the centre of the Cenotaph, striking the words 'Ons vir Jou, Suid-Afrika' (Afrikaans for 'We for Thee, South Africa').

ek is eintelik afrikaans, maar dit maar kak as die ander mense nie jou gesprek kan volg nie.

>le american copycat
>government and people was derived almost entirely from European principles/culture at the time of the inception and creation of many of these buildings
>expect us to scrap and replace our European architecture principles that we've used for hundreds of years because an ocean separates us

You're funny, Aussie. When it comes to people ruling people, the American - European separation was much needed. When it comes to culture, ethics, and faith, the West as a whole is extremely similar. Stop being a shitbag.

Just

>Greatest country in the 'world'
>Can't come up with anything originial
>Scrap and replace out European architecture principles
>Principles
>le copy what we saw in yurop lol murrika so gr8

Slurp more semen amerifat.

that's quite nice.

I thought you meant this one

So you're an Afrikaner. How is it going there. What did you think of the end of Apartheid

Hva annet skal man forvente av en cucked Åke Mohammed Svensson?

Cenotaph

Ahh the great example of american design philisophy of the boring square box dogshit

There are some great old art deco buildings in Beverly hills/Hollywood.

Griffith Observatory is pretty neat.

builds this ... lives here