Redpill me on teeth & dentistry

Okay Sup Forums, just went to the dentist today. Asked about why certain things are hygienic.

Learned:
* Everything has fluoride. All our food. All our water. Literally anything that consumes water will have fluoride.
* Fluoride is a vitamin. (lol wtf???)
* Some people believe that Hitler used fluoride to kill the Jews.

Also I have a few cavities, despite brushing and flossing. I don't even drink soda. How do I take care of my teeth?

Other urls found in this thread:

pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruksizm
pastebin.com/3AR4JJJz
youtube.com/watch?v=8QPmuRtYDmg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Also:

* I'm eating too much "acidic" foods and it's seeping from pores in my mouth at night.

* I grind my teeth a lot. Maybe at night?

Is it because I'm redpilled?

bump

You could get pdfs of dentistry and anotomy textbooks, read them yourself, look up studies that have abstracts pertaining to your questions, and from there draw your own conclusions.
You could then come back here to share what you learned, and have your ideas held to scrutiny.
Or study dentistry in school..
safe journeys!

The ultimate teeth redpill is just get them pulled and get dentures. Advancements in upper arch implants have made them better than real teeth and give dentists the ability to shift your bite in to optimal position without braces.

get a bite guard they are like $15 at walmart i did the same shit except i waited a long time and some of my back teeth have indents of my upper teeth in the lower ones

fluoride decays your teeth by replacing nutrients.

you need natural teeth dude

your dentist is a fucking moron, find a new one.

Your teeth will wear out from regular use.

Repair and replace as needed.

Welcome to adulthood

Yes yes you might want to filter your water.

I don't know what you Americans put in your food but everyone I know who moved to US started getting dental problems after only a few months of stay. Even when I visited Texas a few years back I got a weird feeling in my mouth after eating, like if you took a swig of coke and kept it in your mouth for a long time.
I get it when eating some imported food too.

>You could get pdfs of dentistry and anotomy textbooks, read them yourself, look up studies that have abstracts pertaining to your questions, and from there draw your own conclusions.
>You could then come back here to share what you learned, and have your ideas held to scrutiny.

That's what I thought.

I guess USC is not a good school for dentistry. Lmfao.

It's the sugar. It's in everything. I think that's what's going on.

I don't even eat sweets, drink soda, eat a lot of processed food, or sweet tea. I have cavities almost every time I go to the dentist. I brush regularly, but don't floss much.

I feel like my teeth are cursed.

then uncurse them

>How do I take care of my teeth?

So, abandoning soda is good, but it's not as much for oral care, more for general health (which can help maintain oral care as well)

There are a few things you can do to maintain healthy teeth, gums, etc.

First, cut out potatoes and starches if you can. Those are probably the worst things for your teeth. They stick to them and it's really hard to get it off effectively.

Brush your teeth before you eat. Take out those bacteria before you feed them and then you won't have as much acid develop. After you eat, just swish some mouthwash (and floss if you feel like it). Still brush before bed, though. If you can't brush before you eat, use mouthwash if possible.

If you grind your teeth at night, this can lead to cracks and stuff that will help degrade teeth more quickly. Probably good to get a mouthpiece or something that can help to alleviate that a bit, even if you don't use it every day. Don't forget to clean it

>Vitamin

Lol, your dentist doesn't even know what a vitamin is.

Acidic foods will degrade your teeth fast, though. So make sure you clean your teeth if you are going to eat them, but wait a while after you eat them because the acid can soften your enamel and then if you brush it may cause more damage as well.

Use soft bristle brushes and make sure to clean your cheeks, tongue, and gums. Brush with little circles.

Teeth is like 90% genetics.
You were just dealt a bad hand.
I barely ever floss and i eat a fuckton of sugar. I get 1 cavity every 2 years while my brother has chipped teeth and cavities even though he doesnt eat sweets or drink soda.

the school doesnt matter if they dont learn whats important. most dental students shut down their brains once they get the fillings and root canals down. they'll just send you to an actual professional (dental surgeon) if they need something difficult done.

Weston price
Reverse tooth decay
Its all about the maxilla
Mike mew
I should kill the chump who put me in braces and the goy who took my wisdom teeth
REEEEEEEEEEEEEREERRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE

This. My father has gypsy-tier teeth, while my mother's are excellent and so are mine.
Orthodontia isn't always genetic, though. An underbite/overbite/mouthbreathing etc can be acquired by nursing extra-large or too-small bottles/nipples in the weaning stage, but can be easily reversed with braces or muscle strengthening later in life. If you're past 16 you might need your jaw broken to do it though.
t. corrected mandibular prognathism

Kill all mercury amalgam supporters
Kill

Floss you fucking faggot. Nearly all of my cavities are between my teeth. If you bleed a bit, that's okay. It'll go away after a few weeks of regular flossing.

Small teeth is a sign of low lifeforcr energy and subhuman

This is some good stuff. I'll start brushing before I eat. Definitely need to take care of that grinding problem. Also I'll need to start brushing the inside of my cheeks and my tongue.

you have a mental illness get that checked

>brushing inside of cheeks
Metrosexual faggot

I swish piss and brush once a week

Vastly more knowledgable on naturopathic and holistic remedies than you

I have zero cavitys and my teeth are in perfect condition. Brush once a day. Never floss eat what I want. Dentist said it has something to do with my spit being very aggressive to bacteria.

Also never broke a bone even after serious accidents.

Its all genetics.

>Some people believe that Hitler used fluoride to kill the Jews.

cool story bro! i wish ym dentist would also talk about killing jews, but she is usually busy cleaning my teeth, and i struggle to start conversations woth my mouth full of fingers and dental gizmos

same here lol. i do get bad as fuck zahnstein though. is that the same for you?

I have bad teeth, can't afford to get them fixed. Feels bad man.

Flouride replaces chloride ions in your teeth. Flouride is much more electronegative and binds to the molecules in your teeth tighter, thus resisting decay. It's why Americans don't have teeth like the British.

I go regulary to the dentist to remove it. Not sure if mine is out of the ordinary.

I brush twice a day and floss whenever. I get compliments from people on my teeth and have never had a cavity in my life.

You should ask your dentist for brushing tips, it is a very thorough process.

Floss, brush, and rinse mouth with water and mouth wash multiple times a day. I had a lot of cavities growing up and basically had to discipline myself to stop constantly getting fucking cavities. Haven't had one ever since.
>t. raised by a single mom.

Not so sure what is the truth about dentistry. When i was teenager i had fucktons of cavities, had to visit dentist for like 10 times to get them all fixed at the age ~22. After that i stopped using fluoride toothpaste and cut out all processed sugar from my diet. Now, 6 years later i have no cavities or jaw aches like i used to.

Dentist here

Fluoride is toxic as it is , that's true, yet there is something called micro nutrients that are essential in your life and big surprise fluoride is one of them.

> Fluoride is a vitamin. (lol wtf???)

Retarded statement, it's a micro element. This should be a fucking grade school knowledge, like biology or chemistry 101...

>Some people believe that Hitler used fluoride to kill the Jews

Yes and some people believe that Nuremberg trial was real and not fixed just to push jewish propaganda etc.

>I'm eating too much "acidic" foods and it's seeping from pores in my mouth at night

When you eat or drink acidic food it dissolves natural layer of hydroxyapatites (made of calcium and fluoride ions) but it's normal, thus the layer exists. When you brush your teeth with fluoride paste or when eating food containing fluoride (of course in natural doses) it remineralizes to it's proper state, protecting your teeth again. So when your diet is imbalanced, you drink a lot of acidic juices or sodas containing acid, you dissolve more than the natural protection can take, add up eating hard food like almonds or such and you start to grind the layers of your teeth quicker (called abrasion) than it naturally occurs (called attrition). It's not rocket science to add 1 plus 1 and figure that
>I'm eating too much "acidic" foods and it's seeping from pores in my mouth at night
Is somewhat true.

Also you shouldn't bruth your teeth at least 30mins after eating/drinking acidic food, since your protective layer is weakened you will literally and easily wear it off pick related - no 1

> I grind my teeth a lot. Maybe at night?

It's called brucsizm
pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bruksizm

And it's a nowadays social "disease" with a psychological background. You get stressed and at night you grind your teeth involuntarily thus you wear down your teeth (pic related - no 2 - bad case of bruksizm)

My notes from "Kiss Your Dentist Goodbye": pastebin.com/3AR4JJJz
(book recommended by my dentist). I've been ignoring the Xylitol stuff and only use 1 mouthwash at a time but honestly it's up to you, your teeth, and your budget. Healthier diets mean less intensive cleaning regimes.

If you have ever placed a mercury amalgam filling you have committed crimes againsy humanity and violated your hippocratic oath. Deal with it.

If you're tongue is not on the hard palate, your maxilla will recess. Your palate will shrink and teeth will become crowded. All of you guys need to fix your posture.

Based dentist

Finding holes in teeth during the day and finding holes in the Holohoax at night.

Also, your ID: smlpeeUB

>Smile. Pee. Ur Based.

I buy glass bottled spring water which is not Floride did I when I travel around and want a beverage that is made with water I only consume from municipalities I check to a sure do not Florida ate the water supply I do not buy bottled products other than water which I know is not Florida headed to insure against consuming fluoride From a source I cannot verify is not Floride did nor do I buy prepared foods that are made with water that could be Florida did released I try to limit that for instance I might buy some prepared food that so rice that might've been boiled in water that has fluoride in it but I limit my exposure as much as is possible by eating mostly whole foods not packaged foods

No cavaties but gingivirus like a mother fucker. Got clean teeth but my gums are receding, not even 30. There is nothing to reverse it, just pay the doctor twice a year to clean so my gums dont deteriate as fast :(

There is nothing wrong with amalgam fillings my man. They are strong and most durable. It's toxicity was only present during mixing phase and that is no more in newest types of amalgams, but they are being driven out by composites which are getting more durable and aesthetic at that so you don't have to worry about amalgams in the future.

Oh and they were also toxic during their removal for both doctor and patient so there is that, but as i said they were durable and mostly used for poor people so there's that.

Also there are 2 schools of thought about amalgams. 1 it being way better than other materials (also with gold) thus making their scant health risk omitted or 2 where they were deemed necessary in treating poor people or kids with deciduous teeth (where you can't maintains dry environment) with taking health risks, also scant.

Amalgam (silver in particular) can cause all sorts of things, mainly irritation but only when it comes in contact with mucous membrane or flesh in particular, and in teeth it simply doesn't. Yet some claims that it increases risk of getting leukoplakia or lichen that's why at my university they always endorsed amalgam removal when you had some general immunological disorders.

I was curious about what my dentist was doing to me, and I was bored to tears, so I asked my dentist about cleaning technique while he finished the rest of my teeth.

>Amalgam (silver in particular)

I meant mercury.

you are a piece of fucking garbage, mercury is neurotoxic and nothing you say can change that.

ps they are the least durable type of filling

Remember to brush in circles and not horizontally

It's a simple thing, but it really helps

>be anti-fluoride
>type like a schizophrenic

Really makes me think

>Also you shouldn't bruth your teeth at least 30mins after eating/drinking acidic food,

Wat about before? I usually brush my teeth in the morning and then have a cup of coffee shortly afterwards

This
>have a dogecoin

Thanks for the info. I don't know why fluoride gets a bad rap.

You are retarded as it is. Of course mercury is neurotoxic but have you ever had mercury in your hands? Did it paralyze you? It's only neurotoxic when ingested. And you should educate yourself before claiming such bullshit, a lot of metals stops to be active when combined to make an alloy, that's what I've mentioned before about phase when you prepare amalgam fillings.

>ps they are the least durable type of filling

I have studied dentistry for 6 years, and you want to tell me that You fro your own personal and theoretical experience can tell this? Sorry but I laugh at you at this moment. Amalgams and gold fillings last for 15-25years when applied, I dare you to show me a typical composite filling that withstand such amount of time when exposed to such forces. Plus gold is bacteriostatic same as copper in amalgam filling. So just don't spew nonsense.

because it is toxic. surprise surprise, the profession full of suicidal sociopaths might not be a bastion of truth

>you need natural teeth dude
Why?

If i had the option i would just replace every teeth in my mouth with titanium.

Water is also toxic in high amounts. And?

If your teeth need a little bit of fluoride to stay properly protected then what's the big deal?

>nigger logic

you do understand that anyone with an acidic diet will have a constant stream of mercury vapors entering their lungs? alloys break down.

6 years of schooling and all you learned is how to be a good goy

ps mercury and gold fillings are night and day. a mercury filling exposed to an average american diet wont last 5 years before destroying the dental pulp of the tooth its in.

they dont though, millions of people lived without fluoride for thousands of years without any problems. only when bread and sugars become popular foods do problems arise.

This isn't teeth related but if there is a medical bro that could provide some insight I would be grateful. When I was 10 I was hospitalized with pneumonia for a week. They took blood from me almost everyday (5-6 days.) Is this normal? Or did I get robbed of my lifeforce by the government hospital jew.

>medical bro

go the fuck back to r/reddit.

>mfw I use Tom's of Maine flouride-free toothpaste, floss, brush my teeth twice per day, eat healthy non-processed food, never drink soda, and have never had a single cavity in my entire life

if you fuckers care so much about your teeth then just form good habits.

My uncle is a dentist who owns a multi-million dollar practice in Massachusetts. According to him, the fluoride goop paste that a lot of American dental practices used in those little foam retainer-like applicators for a while was marketed to them as beneficial until the commodities traders that sold it found out that you could also use the foam flouride cleaning compounds (which was an industrial waste product) as a heavy duty machine lubricant, so they stopped selling it to dentists and just went with that.

Healthcare and dentistry in this country are shit.

Guys I don't want to sound like a douche but use your head. How is brushing your teeth with paste containing minerals that ARE there for the sole purpose of strengthening you teeth protecting layer gonna have a negative effect on your teeth when you drink coffee ?

But just to be sure.

You don't brush your teeth after ingesting some amounts of acids (preferably when your mouth pH comes back to neutral which is 7) - so don't brush after eating a lemon or an orange since yet are acidic as fuck, especially lemons ( you can even taste the difference ), and try to not eat hard type of food with acidic food.

But after brushing? You can do whatever you want.

And remember brushing is the MAIN reason of preventing caries, so brush twice a day (mainly before you go to sleep!!!! - I cant stress this out enough)

The truth is dentistry is a quack science that got taken over by (((private corporations))) that give big kickbacks to dentists for pushing their products to defraud insurance companies for the biggest payout.

It's why dentists have the highest "suicide" rate. The keepers don't like it when the boys in white have ideas of their own about policy.

Can you name another field of medicine that hasn't had any big breakthroughs in the last 20 years? As long as you keep getting your daily dose of fluoride no one puts up a stink.

WAKE UP

Dental hygienist here. Some info for everyone here: most problems (cavities, gingivitis, periodontitis) actually start between your teeth. Daily interdental cleaning is important and there are different things to use. Floss/thread sadly won't help against these problems. Recent studies have shown that. There is actually an increased chance of damaging your gums if you use floss. Best would be to use dental toothpicks or dental brushes. Anons that have problems like gingivitis should consider visiting a dental hygienist to get personal advice. Keep your teeth clean!

Wow, Op, good laugh. What is your dentist? Some kind of hippie? Dont you believe his bullshit.

the hell is your problem? people say that shit here all the time. i dont even go to reddit you nigger

that is a reddit meme and its only used here because faggots like you are flooding Sup Forums

leave.

>. Anons that have problems like gingivitis should consider visiting a dental hygienist to get personal advice. Keep your teeth clean!
Thanks tootpaste senpai, will do.
>TFW never a single cavity and perfect mouth
>TFW Gingivitis and cavities ever since my wisdom teeth emerged.
Fucking defective mutations fucking my teeth up.

I'm a dental student.

Sadly your teeth can't really "heal" (re mineralize) without topical fluoride at least. Ideally everyone would use fluoride mouthwash so the government wouldnt feel compelled to fluoridate the water.

Get a night guard for your bruxism, that's likely causing 90% of the damage right there. Brush your teeth or at least chew xylitol gum after eating something sweet/acidic.

The guy telling you to get your teeth pulled is retarded, irritation caused by the denture will cause your alveolar bone ride to resorb and your dentures will no longer fit over time. Not an issue for oldfags but for a 20 year old it's a major problem.

>I don't know what you Americans put in your food but everyone I know who moved to US started getting dental problems after only a few months of stay

youtube.com/watch?v=8QPmuRtYDmg

Yes yes, the same bullshit with fluoride water and shit.

This is what uneducated self internet learner thinks. Of course you can educate yourself on the internet but you clearly didn't do enough research.

>6 years of schooling and all you learned is how to be a good goy
>ps mercury and gold fillings are night and day. a mercury filling exposed to an average american diet wont last 5 years before destroying the dental pulp of the tooth its in.

If your diet is mainly acidic then don't even try to care for your teeth, american diet is shit, so does that mean you have to follow this idiotic creed? And who is the fucking goy here. You stay away from processed food NO FUCKING DUH!

>wont last 5 years before destroying the dental pulp of the tooth its in.

If your teeth are all in decay then your filling is the least of your problems here.

I only said it because I heard it here. Is there a doctor in the house?

there, happy now you whiny faggot?

You can remineralize cavities with vitamin K2 Mk-4. It takes a few months. Make sure to get enough other fat soluble vitamins like A and D too. Quality fish oil helps.

Teeth suck. I'm 32 and mine are falling apart and no one knows why. Its not bad hygene, or lack of fluoride or any other genius idea you'll come up with. I've never done drugs, I don't drink soda very often, but I suddenly have crack head teeth. I'll have to get full implants over the next few years.
Should I get a couple gold teeth, or is that degenerate?

Dentists don't have the highest suicide rate. It's actually lower than medical doctors.

They recently found that a drug used to treat Alzheimer's will cause your teeth to fix cavities. The teeth already fill small holes and, typically when you get a cavity it will form a thin layer over it but not really heal the area. This new merthod of treatment involves applying a small amount of the active ingredient to a collagen sponge and placing it on the tooth. The drug prevents the mechanism that inhibits dentine production, so, that when the collagen dissolves, it is replaced with new enamel.

mercury fillings cause decay you dumb little faggot, but keep thinking that anyone not in your little bullshit (((academic))) bubble is a moron.

you are the whiny faggot here now leave

To add to this: get the mouth guard that costs a little more. Custom made from your dentist. Hard exterior, soft interior. Should run you about $150 without insurance. The $30 kit from the drugstore is okay for a temporary fix but ultimately a waste of money. You'll bite right through it.

Gold restorations are the longest lasting, better than even amalgam.

Pneumonia is common in a hospital as a cross infection, they have probably checked your blood for signs of early bacteria spread (sepsis) or just to monitor your leukocytes levels to see if you are getting better since it's not a laughing matter with bacterial infections.

>>nigger logic
What? Its durable surgical metal. So why not?

My teeth are perfectly aligned but i got cavities so fuck it. I would only need to replace the mollars anyway so it wouldn't be that visible.

Those replacement fake bullshit teeth that they screw into your jaw only last like 10 years. You can't expect artificial replacements to be accepted by your body forever, eventually there is rejection of foreign tissue.

Teeth don't last forever either, obviously. No matter how good you take care of them, there is always bone loss with age.

Everyone will eventually be using dentures, until they find a better, cheaper, replacement.

I'm not a dentist, but I am about to turn 30 and I just lost my first tooth that wasn't a wisdom tooth this year. Bitch just broke apart while I was eating ice cream. Getting old fucking sucks.

>Brush your teeth before you eat.

But that's disgusting.

Wisdom teeth are growing in this position: >^^^^<
Doc told me I should get them removed. Should I?

When I first wake up I fill my mouth with Coconut oil and swish it around for 20 minutes while browsing 4chins.

Then I brush and drink coffee. It is kind of a ritual.

Take care if your teeth op. Having good teeth and gums lowers the chance of you getting a blood clot that causes a stroke or heart attack. Also having to get a root canal because you didn't take care of your teeth sucks

>mercury fillings cause decay you dumb little faggot

Kid , just stop, right now, stop.

You sprout such nonsense, tell me what in an amalgam filling causes tooth structure to decay? I want to know and maybe I will make you a grand nobel prize nominee .

I think it's ok, I mean think of it because about if it wasn't then who wouldn't know right? IT's that sense, the sense of truth that if not it doesn't work and that's why

that sentiment when my occlusion is fucked up but i'm too poor to fix it

Start rinsing with h2o2 (3-5%)

yeah, less teeth to worry about. Plus if they come in crooked you will need braces as they will push your other teeth

tfw my teeth are fucked and im close to 30
theyre breaking and they ALL fucking hurt.
i havent been to a dentist since i was about 16
currently dealing with a violent sinus infection i worry may be rotted-tooth influenced

And after you get a root canal your tooth gets rejected and starts "migrating" until it falls out 5-10 years later. Drilling out the nerve eliminates the pain but it doesn't fix the tooth.

>kid

lol he's getting scared

i honestly dont have to prove shit to you. youre just another dumb fuck goyim like the rest of them. keep fucking over your own race tho

Fluoride is so abundant so your pineal gland calcifies, slumping your natural production of DMT

Stop smoking crack.

Redpilled Tier

>brush twice a day
>floss
>get cavities filled

Blue Pilled Good Goy Tier

>regular dentist checkups and cleaning
>mouth wash
>whitening strips

I guess coconut oil isn't acidic so you should be fine.