Sup Forums Art

Sup Forums Approved art thread

Last one reached it's limit:

Other urls found in this thread:

booooooom.com/2017/01/10/artist-spotlight-kevin-peterson/#more-92322
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gonna bump thread to keep it afloat, starting with some of the best from the last thread

This thread needs some Sup Forums post-modern art.

Leaf, please, no, noh

Gonna dump 3 more, then I'm out, people can post to keep thread alive

The art I posted looks better on a white wall then the ones you posted. Art is subjective, I thought Sup Forums had better taste.

>leaf
>le art is subjective now that we are post-alinsky marxist critics who subject others to kalinsky/pollock variety nonsense

why is it always a leaf faggot who tries to derail the thread?

Bye

this is all garbage made by some bored and uninspired art student. do you go to ocad?

Nah because art is subjective. I'd prefer looking at Picasso's and Pollock's than traditional art.

Yes it's amazing and beautiful on a technical scale, but modern and post-modern art is all about the beauty of escaping this reality with things our eyes have not seen before.

You know deep down you like abstract art, you just want to look cool and tough on a Chinese basket weaving forum.

only a leaf could make a post this shitty

Here's a (You).

I'm a PhD student in this shit and I honest to God can tell you I don't.

I think its fun when there are ironic pieces of art, or some of the more functional abstract art is fun to look at, but I don't take it seriously as an artist endeavour to a degree that shows either the fortitude, skill, or tenacity of artists of previous generations.

There aren't too many commonalities between them but most artists pre-1860s had to apprentice, become journeymen, work in the workshop, then become someone (if they're lucky) after 35.

I found "I've created something you've never seen before" hardly a proof of supremacy for contemporary art when no one has consumed a scene like before either.

The other problem is these things are a product of decades of subversion and undermining of art standards. For for the Impressionists, but they, like Luther, were reformers; they weren't initially trying to start a new religion. But a new religion is what they created.

Sup Forums has a hard-on for 19th century genre paintings, particularly militaristic. I prefer Baroque. pic unrelated.

you didn't answer if you're at ocad or that halifax one. I'm 95% sure you're a young art student and here's why: I've met close to 1000 students, 80% whom are BFA students.

They all come in with abstract, vague, ambiguous views as to what art is and is not, but they KNOW it is subjective.

Hence their ability to let themselves create whatever without feeling they are competing with history's best. Totally understandable, but a cop-out nonetheless.

I'm wondering if you're exactly what most of them are: a student of art with little to no grasp of historical art other than broad historical trends and a couple cocktail party anecdotes about rubens.

I prefer the work you posted over anything else in this thread, a mix of realism and impressionism. I appreciate the civilized response.

I went to Conestoga for Graphic Design.

I appreciate all forms of art, I just have a liking towards impressionism and abstract, and some of it can be memorizing and inspiring.

>art is all about the beauty of escaping this reality with things our eyes have not seen before
How many times have your eyes seen angels in this reality before?

by the way:

>a student of art with little to no grasp of historical art other than broad historical trends and a couple cocktail party anecdotes about rubens.

or anything else is not meant to be a dig.

I truly try to understand why most extremely young "artists" (17, 18 years old) have such vague ideas about art, have little knowledge of the culture predating them by thousands of years, and then when it comes to explain it, they believe they have a sophisticated answer I want to hear (at my school most are modernists so they assume I want to hear an alinsky-esque type answer).

Its a strange mix of solipsism and existential nihilism when I retort I think they should spend more time learning those that preceded them in their craft.

I very much appreciate:

>Hieronymus Bosch
>John Anster-Fitzgerald

& when I'm feeling moody & degenerate

>Glenn Barr

You're not helping your case m8

I love this stuff, so I might as well contribute.

>watching amazing painting in front of our computers
That's where the jews still win

They look human. When I imagine an angel, I imagine something out of this dimension. Obviously the painting you posted is very impressive on a technical scale, and is very well done.

An angel could look like the ones in your picture, or mine. I may sound like I'm shitposting like all other leafs, but I'm totally serious about loving modern and post-modern art.

Here's an example of Anster-Fitzgerald

>logo\text design is art

(◠‿◠)

Thanks

>leaf

Is Impressionism fine?

does nothing for me

no.

>asking someone who thinks that a leaf is appropriate for a flag to post art.

day of the rake when

for you, friend.

great painting. Well regarded academic but hated but the impressionists.

Manet thought he was a faggot; both figuratively and literally.

I can understand that and agree to an extent. I believe, however, that it is the wishy-washy lack of objectivity that has made so many lose sight or trust in our art to be an expression of our collective humanity and identity.

I think that has been a key ingredient in allowing for the present self-indulgent, pseudo-intellectual garbage being paraded now by money-launderers and marxists as great achievements of sophistication.

>someone I knew tried to tell me Mueck was more inspirational than Delacroix

there is no reasoning with some people, IMO

I've been studying all centuries of art since I was in high school. I'm 44. I can recognize every piece in this thread, tell you the artist and some probably the year.

....And Barr...

absolutely degenerate

Not even this?

my fav, no idea what it is

Realism is where it's at

I don't think your argument holds because still today a lot of contemporary artist practice realistic art and fully commit to their art without using stupid rethoric to make their work appreciable.
I'd advise you to check this website for example
booooooom.com/2017/01/10/artist-spotlight-kevin-peterson/#more-92322
>inb4 it's a degenerate website, all I'm trying to prove is that your argument on technicity/difficulty of the work of an artist is still something today for some artists

What I see in what Sup Forums is sharing in terms of art, beyond the painting quality (and I personnaly really appreciate these 19th century romantic paintings) are the themes: traditionalism, fantasized past and culture, myths, heroes and so on.

Anyway, technicity in art is not dead...

does move

burn it

how to stop degenerate 'art' senpai ?.

yes and no.

Manet was the Martin Luther of art; reformer then destroyer. Lead to cultural and social degradation down the road.

anything past neo-impressionism I can't get behind.

I can't see how you could enjoy the art then knowing what (((they))) did to subvert our cultural and historical identity.

That also doesn't help the case for the successful high-school indoctrination of "art education" if most never learn beyond their marxist teachers for fear of them being indoctrinated by my camp of so-called "whig historians"

ignore it faggot and gys to prevent it from spreading further.

>Anyway, technicity in art is not dead...

agreed! But I think it is a question of degree. It was standard to have an education and practice of Rubens/Rembrandt. That is no longer the case. And it doesn't help that most of the works that get recognition or sell are usually mindless garbage.

there are still some legitimate artists who make legitimate art, but they are not visible nor popular. And they certainly are not something on to which we can ascribe meaning or identity.

But of course we both know that, and are here on Sup Forums because we are looking to self-identify with traditionalism and our past.

also pic related

thread approved

How about some frontier shit

This thread is boring and you all like sappy, sentimental crap, cliches, or absolute shit like that leaf.

he's still a faggot

I really like the colors in this, although is was the byproduct of a degenerate aristocratic class

>Falling for the art jew

What is Pols thoughts on Rodin? He seems like a pretty masculine dude considering his art.