15 Hour Countdown: USA SPACEX LAUNCH

SPACE X WILL BE CONDUCTING THE FIRST LAUNCH OF THE NEW YEAR THIS SATURDAY MORNING (IF LAUNCH HOLDS)

This is the first launch since a fueling accident destroyed a rocket and payload in september. SPACEX needs to get back on track after that setback.

60% favorable weather right now for a launch being possible.

Other urls found in this thread:

spacex.com/sites/spacex/files/spacex_iridium1_press_kit.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=7WimRhydggo
youtube.com/watch?v=tTmbSur4fcs
youtube.com/watch?v=4jEz03Z8azc
youtube.com/watch?v=7EAxesVQ8wo
spacenews.com/spacexs-reusable-falcon-9-what-are-the-real-cost-savings-for-customers/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_program
youtube.com/watch?v=x1QGMOX_NfA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Falcon 9 • Iridium Next 1-10
Launch time: 1754:34 GMT (12:54:34 p.m. EST; 9:54:34 a.m. PST)
Launch site: SLC-4E, Vandenberg Air Force Base, California

A SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket will launch 10 satellites for the Iridium next mobile communications fleet. Delayed from 1st Quarter. Moved up from August. Delayed from July, Sept. 12, Sept. 19, Dec. 16 and Jan. 9. [Jan. 8]

I hope DONALD J TRUMP, the president of the united states, makes a supportive tweet if it succeeds.

Press Kit
spacex.com/sites/spacex/files/spacex_iridium1_press_kit.pdf

Technical Stream youtube.com/watch?v=7WimRhydggo
Normie meme-stream youtube.com/watch?v=tTmbSur4fcs

this thread is gonna die soon

they only gain traction about an hour to half an hour before a launch sadly

There are countless launches all over the world. Why is this one special?

There aren't actually you low IQ plebe.

How many launches are there worldwide in January?

that's true; I usually make them in fact

generally I try and get a thread going on /sci/ and Sup Forums and Sup Forums. People usually appreciate it.

• it's the beginning of a really neat sat constellation.
• It's the first flight in a while for SpaceX
• SpaceX lands their first stage after launch on a drone ship, which is pretty cool
• Elon wants to go to mars; following the steps to that goal is interesting

love watching rocket launches, but with SpaceX i always wonder where is it going to land?

keep it up elton john

I'll give you a bump.

fuck you

Drone ship

Fake CGI rocket like Kerbal Space Program. At least NASA build real model rockets to fake their missions.

>countless

Take off your shoes, Mohammed. That should double the number you can count to.

aren't they landing them back at the launch facility yet? i could have sworn i saw a landing on actual land not that long ago

I don't want to search about, but it's certainly metered in kt/year...

>Elon wants to go to mars
mwahahaha

In Florida - yes.

This is a launch from Vanderberg in California - that base does not have a landing pad yet (in progress).

Die in a fire.

It's a missile and it's heading towards Moscow.

Bump for horrific fireball.

These mooks must rub everything down with kerosene.

ah ok, thanks

i'd love to see one of these rockets launch with my own eyes for once in my life, but that's going to have to wait until at least July with OA-8

Beware of shills talking shit about 100% American companies like Tesla and SpaceX

>Kerbal Space Program

stay alive thread, live

In addition to the other posts, a couple other Space X missions(?) have blown up. Seeing Kerbal Space Program Live Action is... well above the status of "trainwreck". Normally Trainwreck is the end of the scale.

They pref to have them land on the ocean platform for safety reasons, that will be the future.

Bump

Woke me up. What's this thread about?

I really hope they manage to make this boring routine soon.
I want to ser them make two boring launches and landings a day with no one writing about it.

Because the would mean they can get on with the Mars project.

So what are the odds? 1:3 that it won't be a huge firework?

35% to see some sort of explosion I'd imagine between the launch and the landing.

I live in the beach cities, will try to get down to beach to watch, but probably won't see anything.
I remember seeing NROL39 launch, as well as a few others. Another NROL launch this month, Atlas V, is gunna b gud

Where did this spacex blows up lots of rockets meme come from?

Oh right, retards.

Rocket launch is supposed to be a controlled explosion.

From them blowing up rockets. :^)

Giant space dicks raping mother earth because we are men (manly men).

KEK

SpaceX should have to make the rockets in a feminine shape and replace elon with a trans black female.

The Falcon 9 is the first re-usable rocket.

They've lost two in twenty-eight launches.

You probably think pit bulls are dangerous and that america has a gun problem.

Can't wait for it to blow up.

If your not blowing something up from time to time your not innovating hard enough.

>60%

It's pathetic more people haven't died in space missions. It's a very bad sign that we don't have at least 20 dead people from space explosions.

Nice damage control.

And you probably think that blowing up only sometimes compare what cold-war soviet rockets can do for hundreds of times without a fail is a brake trough science.
It's literally overpriced technology we already had. Musk fanboys should not apply.

The breakthrough here is cost. The Soviet Union did it many times, but they had the resources of a country pouring into their space program.

It also costs a thousand dollars per kilogram launched into space.

Dodged the coat hanger, huh?

All hail the 2020 president of the US, Elon Musk.
He'll get us into space, and to mars, where we'll beat the red Russians out of the soil!

>post yfw it's actually a MIRV

He's not a natural born citizen.

I don't see it being cheaper or more reliable. If cheaper you mean paid from pockets of taxpayers that is the same argument you just used against soviet ones.

And it's worth as much as exploding rockets would. Would you like to explode you few million dollars satellite for fun?

>It's literally overpriced technology we already had.

He charges 1/3 the american competitions price and is competitive even with the cheapest stuff China and Russia have to offer.

And tell me, what rocket did 'we already had' that could return to launch site and land on its tail?

Hasn't stopped fake news media in the Whitehouse from attacking him for it.
I am expecting some fun shake up, like totes swear Obama is Kenyanan, but its okay, we passed a law to make it legal or some shit in pandering.
Fun part, whomever the EC nominates is president. Once Congress signs, they are PEOTUS and there is no challenge or issue on the specific elegibility set forth under the consitution at this time.
They may however be removed for any reason by Congress, articles of Impeachment are not explicit.

>I don't see it being cheaper or more reliable
The rocket is reusable. That alone cuts most of the cost out of the launch itself.

>And it's worth as much as exploding rockets would. Would you like to explode you few million dollars satellite for fun?
All traditional rockets disintegrate in the atmosphere anyway. The fact they can recover and reuse some part of it after launch is proof that it's a much superior method.

LIBERALS BLOWN THE FUCK OUT EVERY TIME SPACE X LAUNCHES LMAO

He exploded a fucking FACEBOOK zuckerkike satellite meant to give free internet to hoards of niggers (most of them Muslims too for double niggerisam)

You really should be giving that guy a prize for blowing that one up.

And Elon claimed dickvacumtube will be cheaper than anything too but everybody knows it's bs.

How about accept that about everything he claims is a dream. It's literally no-man sky in reality.

Oh boy I hope NASA's shitty fucking launch equipment doesn't make this one explode too.

Elysium here we come!

You're a fucking halfwit.

Obama is a natural born citizen.

>It's literally overpriced technology we already had.

Watch video.
youtube.com/watch?v=4jEz03Z8azc

Then go sit in a corner and think about how fucking retarded you are. Also... you said "we already had" and you are Poland, not the USA. Think about that too. You have alot of thinking to do.

Have my bump

>reusable
I hear it's 50%. Then that it will cut costs top at 30%. I don't believe some claims.

Those things wear. I be surprised if they save 10% and still will be more expensive.

His long form birth certificate was a fake. All his school records (where he would have disclosed his nation of birth) are mysteriously missing. Also he is a fag, his wife is a dude, there are no photos of his pregnancies and the kids were stolen.

youtube.com/watch?v=7EAxesVQ8wo

And yet there is still a continuing campaign saying he isn't, and several of the major pushers are now in the White House. What better way to revoke his legacy than say he isn't?

Aliens will stop it.

Place center of mass on the side you want rocket to face earth when falling.
Add some air brakes. Leave some fuel for landing. Amazing. A man could land something like this.

>>reusable
>I hear it's 50%. Then that it will cut costs top at 30%. I don't believe some claims.
>Those things wear. I be surprised if they save 10% and still will be more expensive.

Nothing will appease your lying ass, the first stage has 9/10ths the engines and represents > 80% of the cost.

We really need to stop allowing mentally ill people to vote.

I want to believe. I will let the market verify that for me.

>I hear it's 50%.
Wrong.

spacenews.com/spacexs-reusable-falcon-9-what-are-the-real-cost-savings-for-customers/
>$65 million

It costs $450 million to launch the space shuttle once.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_Shuttle_program

Also it's reusable up to an estimated 55 times.

I'm sorry you cannot into space.

Nah, just keep voting to those serving in a well formed militia.

Calm down comrade.

Also 50% cost cut was from cost sheet made by SpaceX.
I guess it's now 150%. I guess his promises just keep expanding.

You're making yourself look like a complete idiot.

>not an argument

What the fuck are you talking about

Poofs, you have poofs of this, polish chicken?

what

whatever this is, it sounds gay as hell

Pulling retarded, random numbers out of your ass isn't an argument either, but please continue to inform everyone that you are an actual halfwit.

obligatory pasta

His engines are ready, clamps weak, fuel is heavy
There's icing on his panels already, Elon's spaghetti
He's nervous, but on the surface he looks calm and ready to lift off
But he keeps on forgetting, when he'll touch down
The launch pad goes so loud
He opens his valves, but the thrust won't come out
He's choking how, ULA's joking now
The clock's run out, time's up, over, blaow!
Snap back to reality. Oh, there pulls gravity
Oh, there goes Falcon, he choked
He's so bad, but he won't give up that
Easy, no
He won't orbit, he knows his whole back's to these loads
It don't matter, he'll cope
He knows that but he's broke
He's so sad that he knows
When he goes back to his mobile pad, that's when it's
Back to the VAB again

What is burden of proof? Once I see people flying I will believe. But for now it's what I claimed it is.

Now please tell me that numbers you give aren't the same. They call it "costs analysis". Well I made by analysis too.
You believe. I believe. But reality has to prove it. And I didn't see it yet.

Of all the fucking garbage on this board, this is what you fucking bitch about.

A white man is launching a big fucking rocket. It's is goddamn cool and will always be Sup Forums appropriate.

2 so far, 8 more scheduled for this January.

So basically Muskberg is bankrupt if it blows? Here's hoping for a nice, big fireball.

Yeah, anyone could do it. It's just so much fun dropping tens of millions of dollars worth of hardware into the fucking ocean after using it once. Makes you feel alive. Like driving a fucking Ferrari to the grocery story and blowing up in the parking lot. Clearly it is easy technology. Oh yeah. Super easy. Hold my beer. I got this.

Jesus you are the stupidest person I've seen on her in at least a couple of years. Are you Canadian on vacation to the land of... wait... Why the fuck is in Poland anyway? A cold as balls beach in the North? Clouds? Soviet Era housing?

Tell you what, instead of disparaging American technology, which you are using to shit post on an American site, why not go build something other than the shed or a bathroom fixture? Why not contribute to the world Poland.

youtube.com/watch?v=x1QGMOX_NfA

Note this video is old as fuck already.

Fuck off, Mohammed.

>GET YOUR BETS TO MARS

Digits and the rocket explodes

Yeah, based on recently leaked financials (this morning, in very poor taste by the WSJ) they would need to secure additional funding in the event of another mishap. But I have no doubt they could do so. Musk has a history of borrowing heavily against his Tesla shares. Further, Google has a large stake (10% approx) and would not want it to be wasted.

I despise Musk and I hope this rocket blows up.

The funny part is that they had to waste millions on it. :^)
Comedy gold. Let Trump into rocket business.

The rest is angry babbling with no arguments. Stay mad.
I'm waiting for this reusable technology to prove itself when they blow up more expensive shit.

>What is burden of proof? Once I see people flying I will believe.
So you don't believe in human flight, is this what you're saying?

It costs 65 million to launch the last-gen Falcon one time. 450 million to launch the shuttle. You can do maths, right? 65 is 14% of 450 million.

You're not flat earther too, are you?

Interesting bet...

Very interesting

I would have bet $1,000 but $20 was their limit

Who launches shuttles anymore? Didn't they stop it all together?

Nice strawman.

At this point I think he is just a kid fucking around. You can't look at evidence like that and not think SpaceX is doing something unique. And to say that vertical rocket landing is simple science... and anyone could do it... he has no credibility. Lets walk away.

I wouldn't count on that. There isn't any profit in Martian satellites like there is in LEO/GEO satellites.

Unless you count Red Dragon as a commercial flight, but that's a real stretch as it's really just a test flight.

Crewed flights to Mars ain't gonna happen until the 2030's at least, and they're certainly not going to be carrying tourists.

I'll put 20 on it. Why the fuck not? Trump would support it, and Elon can build it. Besides, getting there isn't the hard part. The first person there could be there for a long time before they get them a return rocket.