somewhat, not sure what in particular you're looking for

I wouldn't say they're the same but very similar

Isn't Ukraine considered the "cradle of Russian orthodoxy?"

Canadians are HRMs chattle.

So what?

and then this shit started:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Russification_of_Ukraine

The following narrative resulted:
"You were always Russian, what are you talking about? Hey, stop speaking that weird language, speak Russian. Keep that weird non-Russian culture out of the cities."

And so it went, until we had freedom in 1917, only to lose it to the Soviets until 1991.

Only if you're a religiousfag.

Atheism solves that pseudo-issue.

Not to my knowledge. Ukraine as a region has been a mixbag of different religions, and even more so in recent years due to burger influence (more prozzy churches jumping up in the west and central ukraine).

But for the absolute most part Ukraine (which is not a country but a region of Russia) is Russian Orthodox

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pereyaslav_Council
Are you fucking retarded or just trolling? Cossacks aren't Ukrainian, the entire western half of the country is composed of blond Catholic Aryans (see: SS-Galicia) and the important part of the country was under Austrian or Prussian control for 300 years.

>western ukraine
>aryan

You sure about that narrative? Are you sure it didn't go something like this?

>pre- 1654
*crickets chirp*

>1654-1905
Wtf is a Ukrainian?

>1905-1917
Wait a sec, we're not Russian, we pronounce a few words differently. That's proofs

>1917
OH SHIT NIGGER wtf do we do now? We memed too hard

>1918-1922
Oh yea that's right, there are more people living here than just us (the 2% population that fell for the nationalist meme)

>Cossacks aren't Ukrainian

I see you have engaged Full Retard mode.

I also like to live dangerously.

Nonsene!

Quality shitpost, Ivan.
People like you are a meme to historians.

Pre-1654, Ruthenians were under the boot of the Polish-Lithunian Commonwealth after the piece of the Kievan Rus that wasn't Muscovy, the Kingdom of Galicia-Volhynia, was annexed into it:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_of_Galicia–Volhynia

Cossacks were Ruthenian, Polish, Russian, Tater ect. They didn't have one ethnicity

>pretending like it's not true because it undermines a russia's imperial meme

That's true, but even the people of the Kievan Rus were just conquered tribes that were renamed to a group that called itself Rusyni.

The Cossacks contributed to the ethnicity that's today called Ukrainians.

Fun fact: Most ethnic groups are artificial, constructed by way of monarchies, except perhaps the Han Chinese because they massacred everyone else in that region and reproduced like rabbits.

It's the very fact that you even decide to include those other principalities in your reply that is proof that there is no such thing as Ukrainian nation.

Admit it. You're a Frankenstein. And the funny thing is- no one even gives a shit really if Ukraine today is a nation (1991-onwards). You've had over 25 years to prove you're not a meme, and you've so far failed.

No one has a problem with Ukraine existing as a nation in this post-modern burger imperium world, not even Russia. Do you think that they give a shit if Ukraine is a nation? By all means, waddle in your clay. The only problem is that you don't behave like a country.

It's not that easy, we can put "=" between Ukrainians and Cossacs. Same like we can't put "=" between Poles and all these Slavic tibes which lived here.

we CAN'T put "=" between Ukrainians...*

ИTT: Mы пpитвopяeтcя чтo кaзaки били пoлякoв и тaтapoв зa Укpaинy a нe зa Pycь.

>The only problem is that you don't behave like a country.

Because we're a giant beehive and our problems are not caused by historical reasons, nor are they caused by violent psychopaths in power.

If you wanna talk about Frankenstein nations, refer to, perhaps, Russians, who are imperialistically taped-together Finno-Ugric tribes.

Just about any ethnic group is a "Frankenstein".

Ethnicity is a spook.

>The Cossacks contributed to the ethnicity that's today called Ukrainians.
I think you mean to say
>The Cossacks contributed to the ethnicity that we today call Ukrainian

Did you even read the Wikipedia article? Fuck me. Ukraine is NOT an ethnic group, NOR is it a nationality that finds its origins in history

Pycь was carved up by the Golden Horde into what evolved into Укpaинa, and into Muscovy.

Even the poor attempt at Russifying the Don Cossacks didn't stop them from speaking Ruthenian, now called "Ukrainian":
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balachka

Historians beg to differ, shill:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ukrainians

>I think you mean to say
It's 4:40am, I'm allowed to Yoda grammar in this state.

>t. ukrainian intellectuals
Where's that image that shows a painting of a wall that depicts all Indo-European peoples stemming from Ukrainians?

Rus was not carved up by the Golden Horde. It's called the Tatar yoke for a reason; the tatars controlled the princedoms (i.e. they were the overlords/arbiters of who got to live/die for a time). The on-goings of the Rus were their own manifestations and bouleversements independent of the tatars. Moscow grew while Kiev shrank. This isn't an inside job or happenstance, this was reality.

>Where's that image that shows a painting of a wall that depicts all Indo-European peoples stemming from Ukrainians?

>implying I'm poor enough to believe that shit
>Moscow grew while Kiev shrank. This isn't an inside job or happenstance, this was reality.

Sure, because Kiev refused to bow down to the Khans, while the Tsars ended up having to pay tribute to the Horde for centuries later.
Kiev's remnants were then absorbed into the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, and the rest is history.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pereyaslav_Council
>The eventual consequence for the Hetmanate was the dissolution of the Zaporizhian Host in 1775 and the imposition of serfdom in the region, as well as a systematic process of Russification
>For Poland, the deal provided one of the early signs of its gradual decline and eventual demise by the end of the 18th century.

eh ukraine!

choosing serfdom over formal induction into the Commonwealth which would come with full rights

great idea - but mb you've learned...nop!

second time you've done it in the early 1900's with the same consequences

but their time's the charm right?

Hahahaha ofc not - you are heading the exact same way for the third time... do you like getting fucked over that much?

LOL fucking Ukraine.. Literally comes from the Russian word okraina... as in outskirts... You were always a fucking Russian territory. Your language is is basically a bastardized version of Russian. Whenever I hear Ukrainians speaks it's like listening to a backwoods Russian tard. You people are basically a super breed of Russian hicks.

>ukraine
>ukrainians

>Kiev refused to bow down to the Khans
But they did...Only Novgorod resisted the Tatar yoke no thanks to all those forests

pic related

Settle down spaz. They may be simpletons, but they're our simpletons.

No matter what propaganda will dictate and no matter what the """Ukrainians""" say, we're bros

Moshit bit ti prav, nu blat inagda takoy dolboyabism is ukraini edot...

It's not like it's anything new really. Relations always change.

>You can pick your friends, but you can't pick your family