ACA repeal general

Who else is personally fucked by the ACA repeal? I have cancer and I need about $1M in treatment over the next year. I have top of the line employer provided insurance and so far everything is being paid for, but if the reinstate lifetime payout limits I'm fucked. I guess I'm just to expensive to deserve to live so I should just hurry up and die.

Lotta fucking going on

>TFW UNDER MOMMIES INSURANCE UNTIL 26
TENDIES FOR LIFE BOYS

ACA is dogshit

That's not going to save you from lifetime payout limits should something very expensive happen to you.

Is there no special exceptions for people who REALLY need it? A week ago we started cutting some excesses in healthcare, but if you really can't afford you do get help.

You might be a good dude but I shouldn't have to pay so that a hospital can charge more to save your life. We need to drop the cost of healthcare by getting the government completely out of the business of subsidizing it through various means.

why doesnt your employer contribute?

>very good chance they cannot afford 500 dollar expense, let alone 1160 one
Rest in pepperonis, that guy.

Once you hit the payout limit your insurance company doesn't have to pay anymore. This was a big deal when they implemented ACA. Under the old rules you basically had to quit your job and work for someone else with a different insurance provider. God forbid you're a blue collar worker where most employers would have a waiting period before you could even get coverage. Oh sorry about your cancer, just stop your treatment for 90 days while you wait for coverage to kick in.

Bosses cut hours, problem solved for them.

No more individual mandate. We all got unfucked.

>cut time paid
>good
Am I reading this right?

Get a real job. Kids go in they get hired and pumped full of self esteem by employers. Many such cases!

They offer 6 hours instead of 8 so they don't have to pay healthcare, pensions, etc.

>I have top of the line employer provided insurance and so far everything is being paid for

how in the fuck does losing ACA change this

you're already covered

Not the insurance companies. Depending on how well the repeal goes they'll likely get a nice boost. Once they start purging the ranks of the sick they'll be back to making as much money as they did before the ACA. It'll be interesting to see what provisions are gutted and when, but my guess is they'll try to save the pre-existing condition and realize that's not going to work and just go back to the state of things as it was before the ACA.

Look dude. It's simply unsustainable, and the bottom line is they do not need to change that to provide the service and even to profit handsomely from it.

You're gonna get fucked when it inevitably implodes anyhow.

lol serves you right for getting cancer

awww....here come the fake stories.

prove it faggot.

Repealing ACA removes the ban on lifetime payout limits. I will hit whatever cap they have and then I'll no longer have coverage.

At least congress will still have their sweet government health care. Everyone else can go fuck themselves.

If they cut down your hours, they aren't expected to provide health insurance benefits. Places like Walmart moved most full time to part time by shaving one hour off their schedules to avoid this.

send me a postcard from the afterlife

(OP)

>without treatment Ill die
Good luck getting out of this life alive anyway..

This, Congress shouldn't have a plan and should absolutely have to purchase their own.

with a ct scan? lol

And you're comfortable with this why?

I own a business and pay out of pocket to insure my family. Not a big deal.

You're going to hit a cap anyway, you have fucking cancer.

>6'4"
>White
>No allergies to anything
>No congenital conditions
>Perfectly healthy body
>genetically superior

Tell me why *I* should have to pay for YOUR problems, OP. Explain that to me. Go ahead, I'll wait.

OP, I understand your situation (assuming you're not bullshtting.) However, do you not understand that hundreds of millions of other people now have to give up their money/savings/freedoms/etc to support you? You're a burden.

because the republicans told them it was good. republicans are the reason why that rule was added.

republicans are also the reason why obamacare is just a government-subsidized healthcare oligopoly.

the original public option idea would've been better.

>I need
kek

You need to repay the people whose money you already spent before you keel over.

I feel ya user. Genetic autoimmune disease here. I don't need as expensive treatment as you but it's still way too expensive without insurance. As long as I can get my treatment I'm heathier than most of the population. Sup Forums will just tell you that you deserve to die

I pay around $200/mo for health insurance through my company plan. My insurance premiums will only go down.

I'm a healthy young adult that makes 6 figures. ACA being repealed will be great for me.

Valar morghulis

You lack the ability to recognize the future benefits of helping others survive

>Sup Forums will just tell you that you deserve to die
I need
I need
I need
Me me me
Fuck you, may the flood sweep over you all after I'm gone.

theyre replacing it on friday, but stay butthurt faggot.

because you still will either way.

example: pre-obamacare: poor or middle class person with shitty genetics cannot get health insurance because of pre-existing condition. they go to the ER for treatment which is forced to treat them. they can't pay the bill. the bill is forgiven and taxpayers pay it or you can allow these people to get insurance they pay into and while they are more likely to use it than you are ultimately taxpayers save more money.

F

Time to check into a hospice and just die comfy lad.

I need treatment or I will die

your rates will be the same

>tfw OP will never sympathize with the people that have to support him
>tfw OP thinks he's entitled to my money because "muh cancer"
>tfw OP is a cumguzzling faggot that doesn't understand natural selection is trying to take him out.

OFF YOURSELF, SHITLORD.

The government shouldn't be in the insurance business. Obama and the lefties created this imaginary emergency need for health care insurance. Everything was fine before say 2001. You never heard of this bullshit, the free market is where insurance belongs. If anything the government should clamp down on the fraud in the medical care industry and force providers to openly show the costs of the care they 'provide'. Suddenly the $12 fee for an Advil in the hospital or the $150 for a piss bucket will cause an outrage and expose the cause of our outrageously high 'Healthcare' cost.

>there are people who benefited from the ACA who voted for trump

I'm shocked DESU. Also isn't he keeping some of the things on there?

Here you go dickwad. Note these pills are $750/ea and I take 21 per month.

Says who, you?
Are you in charge of my company's health care plan or financial compensation?

Question to all of those who will be dropped the moment you get something silly, what do you do then? My aunt was in perfect health for the vast majority of her life, but she was diagnosed with lung cancer and the company essentially told her to fuck off voluntarily or we're going to keep boosting your premium until you're bankrupt. Thankfully I come from a family of rich fucks, but without that she'd be broke and in no condition to fight cancer.

There's no cap under aca

Ya dude, no one told you to get cancer.

So let me get this straight

I should pay for OP's problems because they'll just stick me with the bill and run away otherwise.

Is that really your argument?

Is this the thread where the whole world gets to laugh at Americans?

why the fuck would they go down?

How much money are you comfortable stealing from others to stave off your inevitable death? Is there any limit to that in your mind?

get out of your grandma's medicine cabinet.

You want other people to get poorer so that you may continue to do so in the future.

If you know you are destined to die, face it with dignity. Change the world if you have the courage. Don't embarrass your ancestors by going out like a little bitchy burden on others.

Why is cancer treatment 1m a year?
Why do I and others have to pay this exorbitant amount for you?
Why are people fine with high medical costs, and instead focusing on insurance companies?

If you have cancer, sucks for you. Work your ass off, put in far more work than anyone else, put all your effort into surviving. You were born with cancer, not me.

Your faith in the free market reminds me of some fundamentalist telling me that everything will be okay, God will make sure he's healthy. It's quaint, but ignores the reality that the free market incentivizes companies to drop the sick from their policy and cover those who need little to no care. Without the ACA, they don't have to spend X amount on your care, they can just pocket it.

>That's literally what Donald Trump has done his whole entire life with bankruptcies.

Because they'll be cheaper? Premiums will go down if the pre-existing condition mandate is swiped.

Some people actually survive cancer you know

>spends 2 years posting ebin frog memes for le god emperor XD
>2017: g-guys, I kind of need insurance tho

Who's the leaf now, sickfags?

Hahahahahaha

>get eye surgery
>would have cost $80, 000 in Burgerland
>$0 because Canada

There isn't any reason for them to go down right away, the companies will just pocket a lot more of your premium without passing on any savings to you, why would they? Once more competition comes into the field, they'll likely be some decrease, how substantial is as of now unknown and awfully hard to guess.

Trump is only 1 term. He's going to redpill a lot of people in the states he won on this and going to get BTFO.

I have epilepsy and cant afford the drugs i need. to be honest I dont know what to do. probably just gonna suffer through the seizures and finish college. then maybe i can afford the coverage

What Obama did with the ACA is something every Democrat president has tried to do since Truman.

With treatment I am healthier than you. I'm a productive member of society. It's the fat fucks, smokers, etc that create their issues that you should be mad at

fake

>Why is cancer treatment 1m a year?
Because your healthcare system is FUCKED UP.

>Why do I and others have to pay this exorbitant amount for you?
Because you oppose the changes in the healthcare system or vote for those who oppose them.

>Why are people fine with high medical costs, and instead focusing on insurance companies?
Because they've been told so by the (((people))) who profit from it.

>If you have cancer, sucks for you. Work your ass off, put in far more work than anyone else, put all your effort into surviving. You were born with cancer, not me.
Fucking edgy. I imagine if someone sees you drowning in the lake, they'll say "well it's you who's about to die, not me, why should I save you".

You probably won't pay back $1 million to the government you leech from, so it's all good.

Take out a loan.

That's not much of an answer.

>Hello ER I'm here for my weekly cancer treatment
That's not how it works

>I need about $1M in treatment
What the fuck? And you're worth that amount of money?

And every last one of them still fucking dies. We all do. Cancer doesn't make you special or magically imbue your life with extra values. The average person is not worth untold sums ripped from the hands of others. Get over yourself, snowflake.

>example: pre-obamacare: poor or middle class person with shitty genetics cannot get health insurance because of pre-existing condition. they go to the ER for treatment which is forced to treat them. they can't pay the bill.

You are confus, good sir. The ER just has to STABILIZE you, not treat the underlying condition. Anemic because of failing kidneys? They will give you a blood transfusion, and kick you out the door as soon as you can walk.

You think you can walk in off the street and get a cancer treatment, or a kidney transplant. HaHaHaaa. fuck off. They will figure out if they have insurance they can bill, and if not, good bye.

If they figure out that they can bill whatever insurance you have for $$$, you will get platinum care, and they will bill extra here and there.

I didn't vote for trump or Hillary

I have five children and married. BlueCross. My deductible is nearly 5k. Pointless.

>Trump is only 1 term
HE DOESN'T GET IT

lol my insurance is only 250 a month and thats with a copayment of 15 for doctors and 75 for ER

>I didn't vote for Hillary

k

>I imagine if someone sees you drowning in the lake, they'll say "well it's you who's about to die, not me, why should I save you".
If they can't swim or have some problem that would cost them dearly if they tried to rescue me, then I would understand. It's their choice, and I wouldn't agree to a law forcing them to act.

Also I know how to swim.

Isn't california broadening medicare or some shit?

if he has a low premium, high deductible plan his deductible might go down but that's about it.

>I have cancer and I need about $1M in treatment over the next year

hate to break it to you, bud, but you're not worth saving

there are far more economically efficient ways to allocate society's scarce resources than wasting a million on cancer treatment for one person that might not even be successful

>this thread
>the guy has a disease that costs less than $100'000 to cure in any other country in the world (and is covered almost always by the government)
>the United States of Ripoff doctors charge him 1M
>it's your fault you fucking sick fag, go die in the streets

'Murrica

I get my insurance through my employer, not the government. It's coming from the insurance company not your tax dollars.

This is a huge problem. Instead of our discourse being ''why does all of this cost so much?'' it's ''who should pay this bill?''

The U.S. healthcare system is fucked up, and was even before the ACA. Americans are cucked in that they essentially pay a fuckload more for the same services and medications and allow other governments to say ''here is what we'll pay you, take it or fuck off.'' To grab that market, all they have to do is boost the price of drugs in the U.S. to offset and potential loss.

Yea everyone dies, that's a fact

It's also a fact that sick people can be productive members of society if you give them medicine.

Yes, charity is not coerced.

Democrats cite Christian charity yet fail to recognize forced "charity" is theft and not charity.

>with treatment
Treatment is not manna falling from the heavens. It's a scam to leave the poor poorer and the rich richer, perpetrated by the likes of you.

Stop making excuses and stop fucking over your kin. You're marked for death and the more you delay your fate, the more you make others suffer. Claiming to be "productive" is a joke when you devour more resources than you'd ever produce in your short, excuse filled life.

Grow a pair and give back by ceasing to take. Be a productive member of society for once.

Then go ahead and pay for their medecine, comrade!

>Myeloma, a cancer, can be cured everywhere in the world besides the US
Pls help us Russian hacker

>If they can't swim or have some problem that would cost them dearly if they tried to rescue me, then I would understand.
So if you can't pay for his treatment, that means you are a low income citizen, hence paying very low in taxes and it's not like this guy is taking a lot from you.

The Republicans just want to please their masters who are the insurance companies. They don't care about you, your premiums will still go up, trump supporters who benefit from this will get fucked. and there are a lot of them who are on the aca.

>Because your healthcare system is FUCKED UP.

Because they can keep you alive almost arbitrarily long. If there is an account # the hospital and doctors can bill, you are not going to die. It is not in their interest to let you die.

Shit I knew a lady with an official DNR (Do not Resuscitate) order and the Dr. brought her back because he did not want to do the paperwork over her death. She died maybe a year later. She was always super sick.

>leaf

>Crime stopped with public money
>Fires fought with public money
>Earthquakes, floods and storms relieved with public money
>Disease can't be treated with public money

Your edginess isn't working