Brit/pol/ - tfw he's not your dad edition

>Two by-elections ahead for Labour; Tories and UKIP both have a chance to steal
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/13/ukips-northern-spring-may-break-stoke-on-trent-central/
mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/copeland-election-matter-labour-everything-9600389

>Ken Livingstone: "This is a new era for Labour"
news.sky.com/story/ken-livingstone-tristram-hunt-quitting-indicates-new-era-for-labour-10727858

>"The BBC can't edit the internet, but we won't stand aside either" - 'Permanent Reality Check Team' set up to censor fake news
theguardian.com/media/2017/jan/12/bbc-sets-up-team-to-debunk-fake-news

>"Labour is fully behind free movement" - Read Jeremy Corbyn's speech to the Fabian Society
theguardian.com/politics/blog/live/2017/jan/14/jeremy-corbyn-speech-fabian-society-promises-complete-break-with-this-rigged-system-in-speech-to-fabians-politics-live

>Paddy MPs threaten to go to court and delay Brexit by months if Northern Ireland's crisis is not resolved soon
independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-news-northern-ireland-crisis-stormont-assembly-delay-theresa-may-illegal-article-50-a7526126.html

>"Be open all hours or face funding cuts" - Sharia May's message to GPs
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/13/theresa-may-tell-gp-surgeries-give-patients-appointments-want/

>Parliamentary Brexit Committee demands soft Brexit
theguardian.com/politics/2017/jan/14/brexit-committee-demands-transitional-deal-and-parliamentary-vote

>MILK SURGE continues as the Lib Dems score huge council by-election victories
independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/liberal-democrats-celebrate-stunning-council-by-election-wins-in-both-north-and-south-a7525306.html

thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=XwRvZCIo5YI

Other urls found in this thread:

news.sky.com/story/brexit-pm-expected-to-say-uk-prepared-to-leave-single-market-10729623
m.townhall.com/columnists/patbuchanan/2010/04/13/katyn_and_the_good_war
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Purge
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babi_Yar
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babi_Yar#Concealment_of_the_crimes
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor
blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/01/maximum-wage-corbyns-stupidest-idea-yet/
youtube.com/watch?v=TZThOsCv2Mw
youtube.com/watch?v=VUb450Alpps
news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6975536.stm
theguardian.com/society/2016/dec/12/antisemitism-definition-government-combat-hate-crime-jews-israel
theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/12/neo-nazi-group-national-action-banned-by-uk-home-secretary
rt.com/politics/340158-most-russians-regret-ussr-has/
youtube.com/watch?v=jMpE_H8M0ZM
youtube.com/watch?v=X4bgXH3sJ2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=hebZV0l0Lng
youtube.com/watch?v=fezdWtlxyes
youtube.com/watch?v=bNri4QVLVbM
youtube.com/watch?v=WNsA7-WLlMk&t=3348s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Since OP still won't add it:

>Theresa May is expected to announce the UK is prepared to leave the single market, the customs union and European Court of Justice.

>The PM’s willingness to give up membership of the single market will be made clear in a major speech at Lancaster House in London on Tuesday, according to the Sun on Sunday.

>Her red lines will be an end to free movement from the EU and clearance to hold bilateral trade talks with other countries, which it is thought will not be achievable while still in the single market.

news.sky.com/story/brexit-pm-expected-to-say-uk-prepared-to-leave-single-market-10729623

Only fools and horses is so politically incorrect by today's standards. I am watching some episodes back now. A lot of stuff wouldn't make it anywhere near tv today.

stepped over it desu

Agreed. And this is after the heavy cuts that the BBC inflicted to the show.

Interesting, seems like those trips to brussels were a fucking waste of time and taxpayer money to send her first class

Just watched an episode, s03e01, where they are trying to get a bungalow for granddad, they jokes that to get one from the council they would need nine kids and a foreign accent, so unlike anything you'd hear today but also so heartbreakingly relevant.

Would you all say these threads look like shill/spam/slide threads?

Just trying to test the worthiness of my filter.

Holy shit, is she actually going to deliver.

Sounds good. Fuck wogs.

>outer/pol/

without even looking at them all, yes. it's a sorry state

tunnocks teacakes desu

All of the ones that just contain 'X person BTFO' are either shills or non Sup Forumsacks trolling wider Sup Forums

Lots of bots post blacked threads and similar garbage on timers also, but thankfully the mods are getting better at getting rid of that shit

Pat Bucanan, President Reagan's chief advisor, relates how Soviet crimes were blamed on the Nazis after the war, with the full complicity of Britain and America.

>For it was Polish defiance of Adolf Hitler's demand to negotiate the return of Danzig, a German town put under Polish control after World War I, that gave birth to the Hitler-Stalin Pact, which led to Katyn.

>After the German invasion on Sept. 1, 1939, ignited the war, Joseph Stalin attacked Poland from the east on Sept. 17, capturing much of the Polish officer corps.

>In April 1940, on Stalin's order, the Soviet Secret Police, the NKVD, murdered virtually the entire leadership of the nation, including 8,000 officers and near twice that number of intellectuals and civilian leaders. Some 4,000 were shot with their hands tied behind their backs in Katyn Forest.

>The Germans unearthed the bodies in 1943 and invited the Red Cross in to examine the site. Through newspapers found on the corpses, the date of the atrocity was fixed as more than a year before the German Army invaded the Soviet Union.

>When Polish patriots, whose sons had flown with the Royal Air Force in the Battle of Britain, went to Winston Churchill to demand that he get answers from Stalin about the atrocity, he brushed them off.

>"There is no sense prowling around the three-year-old graves of Smolensk," said the Great Man.

>At Stalin's request, Churchill bullied the Poles into acceding to Soviet annexation of all the Polish land Stalin had been awarded for signing his pact with Hitler.

>At the Nuremberg trials, the Russian delegation, led by Andrei Vishinsky, the prosecutor who did Stalin's dirty work in the purge trials, charged the Germans with the massacre.

>This presented a problem for the Americans and British who knew the truth. They finessed the issue by leaving the charge unresolved.

>Katyn and 'The Good War' by Pat Buchanan
m.townhall.com/columnists/patbuchanan/2010/04/13/katyn_and_the_good_war

I'm starting to like Corbyn. Do you think he could be electable by May 2020?

No doubt many Jews were killed by Stalin and blamed on the nazis.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Purge

Consider Babi Yar, cited as one of the worst Nazi atrocities in the USSR.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babi_Yar

That's a great story. However, when you actually try to find evidence you find this, so often a convenient explanation of why there is no evidence for specific Nazi atrocities.

>The bodies were exhumed, burned and the ashes scattered over farmland in the vicinity.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babi_Yar#Concealment_of_the_crimes

Really? So while the Nazis were retreating from Ukraine, they had time to go back, exhume over 33,000 Jews, cremate all the bodies and hide all the evidence? Doubt.

Also consider that Stalin himself mass purged Jews from the communist party, as well as that several millions of Ukrainians killed during Holodomor. How do you tell which were killed by the Nazis and which by Stalin? Isn't it conceivable that the communists simply blamed all their own crimes on the Nazis?

We know from Russian archives released after the fall of communism that tens of millions of Soviets were killed by the communists before 1939, not least at Holodomor where 2.4-7.5 million Ukrainians were starved to death.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holodomor

How do we know that the 25 million the Soviets claimed were killed by the Nazis were not killed by the Soviets themselves and then blamed on the nazis, just like Katyn?

Is it reasonable to believe that the Nazis killed 25 million Soviets when during the ENTIRETY of WW2 in ALL theatres, the Nazis killed less than a million Western Allies? Or is it that the vast majority of these deaths can be attributed to the gulags, Stalin's purges or the mass famines caused by communist collectivisation such as Holodomor that were later replicated in China leading to over 40 million deaths there?

Why should we believe any of this, knowing full well that the communists were worse criminals than even the worst of what is alleged of the Nazis, as well as notorious propagandists, fraudsters and liars with no respect for historical or any kind of truth?

>I'm starting to like Corbyn.
What sold you on him, the ever-present victim mentality, the lack of clear policies, or his schizophrenic stance on immigration which flipped 3 times in 18 hours and was needlessly tied up - all of his own doing - with a maximum wage policy which could be one of the most ridiculous policies to ever be uttered by a party leader?

I'm wary of using it as a get out of jail free card for everything Germany may have done, but I think anyone with their head screwed on can admit the Soviets were orders of magnitude worse in every way. They routinely did things to their own people that would make a naziboo feel nauseous

The mods are still piss poor though really, they allow so many non-constructive or just plain spam/shill/slide threads to exist. I do wish they'd implement a rule to forbade people from using sexual images for their OP post. That shit alone is responsible half the damage done to Sup Forums, because half the people here can't help but follow their dicks.

he'll be 70 or 71 by the time the next election rolls around
even he's got to be thinking about retiring by then

mate go to bed
don't fuck up this thread like you did the last one

>maximum wage policy
What's this now?

>forbid*

He's an absolute crackpot, and I wouldn't trust him as far as I could throw him, but at least he's not Theresa May. I also support a few of his policies and he's EU skeptical.

Lately - the last fortnight or so - they've heavily cracked down on anti-feminism threads, even ones that I think actually offer some credible debate, but let in these one-dimensional shit threads.

blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/01/maximum-wage-corbyns-stupidest-idea-yet/

Lads dumb question but what's the difference between a "soft brexit" and not leaving at all?

Because a soft brexit means we still pay to be part of the single market, still have to accept free movement and also follow all retarded EU policy. If we just remained it'd be no different.

Lads, what do you think of Black Hole Sun?

youtube.com/watch?v=TZThOsCv2Mw

I think to be fair to them they are seeing a lot of shitposting and bait (which may be tactics by shills) in the feminism and MGTOW threads.

>tfw doing my uni readings and its all white guilt shit

Why even bother? I should just write my essay on why I'm guilty to be white, I'd literally get 100% no matter what the question was

>I do wish they'd implement a rule to forbade people from using sexual images for their OP post.

don't be such a prude mate
sex is normal
half the other shit that Sup Forums bleats on about isn't

To be fair, here, I'd be inclined to believe that this was just US counter-shilling.

Reagan did much to empower the banking jew.

By far one of my favourite songs.

No I think it would be similar to Norway or Switzerland

They still have full access to the single market (I think) but they don't make EU contributions (or they might do, but not as much as full EU members) and they're not subject to all EU laws and judgements and shit

That's my understanding, could be wrong though

>don't fuck up this thread
Fuck off kike. Everyone loves a good holohoax thread.

had too much today lads

feeling bloated

The absolute state of Jeremy.

I don't care if the sexual images are within the thread, but when the sexual image is the face of the thread on the catalog it means that even the worst threads get a lot of attention and the people who wish to ruin Sup Forums know that they can use it as a great tactic to fuck it all up.

>picture of katy perry's cleavage
>subject: top kek earth is flat prove me wrong

That gets fuck loads of attention, not because of the content of the thread, but because of Katy's tits. Ruins the board.

>maximum wage policy
It was never policy.
"I think we should have a discussion" doesn't make it policy.

>this unmasked contempt
Isn't it impressive how the newspapers suddenly find an unending supply of bile when the person at the receiving end isn't a fucking Blairite?

I don't even like Corbyn, he's a dithering old cunt who belongs propping up the bar in some student shithole talking about protests decades before the average Sup Forums user was born, but he manages to expose just what utter cunts everyone else is - the entire labour party and journalist corps among them.

Norway is absolutely still subject to EU law and they still have freedom of movement and loads of cuck shit.

Their governments' excuse for this is that it's all desireable positive for norway when in fact it's a fucking mess obviously.

Weirdly, norweigans don't really care about their politics. I know a few of them and they're just oddly detatched people. Great people, absolutely, but they just don't have opinions about norway's politics.

Contrary to the UK where everyone has a fucking opinion and everyone is wrong.

>drinking fizzy plebdrinks

no one to blame but yourself lad

I didn't, I haven't had any fizzy drinks in about 5 years

just got a fucked up sleeping pattern, woke up hungry and gorged

>Lads dumb question but what's the difference between a "soft brexit" and not leaving at all?
Nothing. We'd leave the EU purely in name only, which Remainers have been smugly pointing out.

We never voted for soft Brexit though, we voted for Brexit, being hard Brexit, which is when the Remainers changed the narrative to 'we don't know what you voted for and neither do you, so Brexit doesn't need to happen right now, let's just delay it until you get bored of the idea'.

By remaining calm, we're thankfully in the death throes of that narrative right now, and we're seeing crackpots just flat-out saying 'CANCEL BREXIT!' which isn't popular amongst many Remainers, even.

Johnny Foreigner BTFO

>It was never policy.
>"I think we should have a discussion" doesn't make it policy.

So then Jeremy shouldn't have said anything about it at all.

It wasn't prompted, it was entirely incongruous to the discussion being had at the time (a televised interview) so it's disingenuous to say that it should carry no weight whatsoever. He put it out there on a day he was dithering on immigration and made himself an absolute laughing stock.

Reminds me of being comfy and 16 again. Mfw I am 36 this year.

youtube.com/watch?v=VUb450Alpps

This is false.
We voted for brexit. That's it. The method of brexit is irrelevant.

Also soft brexit is more than just name only. No more EU laws/restrictions against us, and we don't have to give any money to help the EU build it's own army.

>Fuck off kike
the only holocaust deniers i've met in real life have been muslims
so fuck off yerself mohammed

>So then Jeremy shouldn't have said anything about it at all.
And like I said, he's a useless twat who doesn't understand how to play the media game.

They sweep much more embarrassing (but less obvious) things under the rug. news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/6975536.stm

>Also soft brexit is more than just name only. No more EU laws/restrictions against us, and we don't have to give any money to help the EU build it's own army.

You're wrong.

Has anyone ITT read the Decline of the West? I had a flip through the first chapter today and it looks fascinating, but I'm not sure if I'll need to read more classical history first to understand it properly. Does it explain as it goes along much?

He could be. My mom's nickname in high school was Surge Protector.

>36 this year

You're like double the are of the average poster here

I think the thing that pissed me off most about the maximum wage cap thing was that there was absolutely no hard stance on it.

People talk about Corbyn in relation to 'principles,' and 'values,' but like with the immigration thing I cannot fucking fathom what the man himself actually believes, and this maximum wage idea was so vague that I actually couldn't imagine it being implemented.

Gee. I wonder why that could be.

theguardian.com/society/2016/dec/12/antisemitism-definition-government-combat-hate-crime-jews-israel

theguardian.com/world/2016/dec/12/neo-nazi-group-national-action-banned-by-uk-home-secretary

Maybe because it's . . . P O L I T I C A L L Y I N C O R R E C T .

>tfw 30

I thought it would last forever

think it's quite problematic our Parliament isn't 50/50 male and female

It's pretty obvious in the wage cap situation.
He believes that excess income inequality is too high, an opinion shared by numerous reasonable economists.
A discussion on measures to bring it down is therefore warranted, even if the specific policy of a wage gap isn't a good example, but on the whole he wants to solve the problem.

Consider by means of analogy if Trump didn't build a wall, but instead had a human wall of soldiers kill everyone trying to illegally cross the border. He would have abandoned the wall policy without abandoning the actual principle that illegal immigration needs controlled.

(Although if he cucks out and builds a fence the Americans should boot him out in 2020.)

and yet Russians want it back

rt.com/politics/340158-most-russians-regret-ussr-has/

youtube.com/watch?v=jMpE_H8M0ZM

wtf I'm a Mummy Mayniac now

Ywn know how comfy the 90s were, the last decent decade of Western civilisation. Son.

>reducing intersectionality to a bigoted male/female paradigm
>ignoring race as if you have some kind of right to do so
>not even mentioning neuroatypicality

lmao you are trash just like, I mean, stop

>One way or another

that is classic era blondie

Do they fuck. All they have to do is vote for it and they can enslave themselves to antichrist kikes all over again. Yet they don't.

>President Trump instead had a human wall of soldiers kill everyone trying to illegally cross the border

A man can wish.

>vote for it

lel

Iron Maiden is god tier music

ok porky

Josh here knows the score

youtube.com/watch?v=X4bgXH3sJ2Q

>Blair introduced all-woman shortlists
>Blair ensured neoliberal permanence in the UK where John Smith could've turned the clock back slightly.

REALLY
MAKES
YOU
THI--[dies in suspicious circumstances.]

I'm not one for overt clap-style patriotism but bruce waving that Union flag when they play The Trooper always gets me. Best of British.

have some deep cut Maiden

youtube.com/watch?v=hebZV0l0Lng
youtube.com/watch?v=fezdWtlxyes

Wew lad, 90s were the last decent decade? You're going to have to dig deeper than that

Possibly a touch nasty for the brit/pol/ crowd but posting more based British metal- Thomas Hobbes flavour

youtube.com/watch?v=bNri4QVLVbM

Hey lads what do you think Theresa forgot her second name going to say in her Brexit speech on Tuesday?

>walks towards you

bad meme lad, won't catch on

Anglo Saxon black metal is best black metal.

youtube.com/watch?v=WNsA7-WLlMk&t=3348s

>walks away

>FUCK BREXIT AND FUCK WHITE PEOPLE.

Bookmarked this for later when I'm wheelchaired, need something a bit more BRRRRRT at the moment

>oi luv, buy me nother drink n I'll give yeh quickie 'round back

>implying she wouldn't have her pick of the top 10% of roided-out Darrens

the actual slags are all violently ugly

>walks away

>anglos find this attractive
B E A D Y

Seriously though, why?

she isn't fat and she has big tits/an ok face, that's attractive to most people IRL. I didn't make the rules

You still going to NL to pop your cherry with a whore, mate?

Haven't read it, but if you want to know classical history, you should start with the Greeks.
>Herodotus
>Thucydides
>Xenophon
>Livy
>Plutarch
>Suetonius
>Tacitus
>Gibbon
There. Now you know classical history.

Since you're so keen on me not talking, how about we take another trip down memory lane?

I've got Edith Hamilton - Mythology in the post so I can get a grounding in Greek pre-philosophic thought, then I'll dive into all those lads. I'm still glad to have got a pleb-tier introduction through podcasts and stuff first though, I know not to expect it to be anything like objective or empirical

I think you're mistaking me for someone else mein Freund

Blog entry #1721

Miss this comfy quay or pier or whatever you call it. There was this little hut at the start of it that did the best swirly ice cream in the city.

Another angle

She has nice tits and a caked up face that makes her look decent. Wouldn't mind if she blew smoke in my face.

>mfw Konigsberg is now nothing more than a Russian naval port

>1721

that was the exact number of tokens I reached with my boyo in the arcade today. what does it mean?

From Plutarch alone you can get a good idea of the Greeks and Romans till the Augustan age and how the Augustans thought. It's also ridiculously entertaining.