Hearing Protection Act: Making Silencers Legal

Not sure if this is needed or even wanted, but I sell Silencers/Suppressors(and Guns) for a living. This year alone I sold a few thousand Silencers. I am very well versed in the process and legality of these items, and would love to help answer any questions anyone had. I know people at most the major manufacturers in addition to one of the larger political groups the American Suppressor Association.

Any questions I can help with?

yeah, can I actually make money as a gunsmith with regulations as they are currently? also, you hiring?

Gunsmithing is largely niche work. If you are going to pursue it, learn from an accredited school then get as many armorers certifications as possible.

Not right now, but am expanding.

Why should I go to the trouble and expense of buying a legit silencer when I can buy a $10 oil filter adapter and throw it away when im done?

Because a dedicated Silencer will be smaller, in the case of pistols not impede a browning action design, quieter, and suitable for more than a few rounds.

Did you take my example?
Hearing Protection Act in Illinois...

What's the very best 9mm suppressor? I heard the aac ti-rant 9 could make a handgun with subsonics hearing safe, anything better?

Fuck of fbi.

Best is highly subjective. Most people these days get a 45 suppressor so they can use it on a variety of hosts.

For dedicated 9mm cans, I like the Tirant, Osprey, Omega 9K, and Tirant 9S.

tfw have tinnitus in one ear because of a gunshot

>implying

It's okay, I have horrible tinnitus in both ears and own a ton of cans. Unfortunately they were after the permanent hearing damage.

Would a 35dB dry suppressor acutally make a handgun hearing safe? I imagine the gas from the ejection port would be plenty loud, but could one plink safely without earpro?

With 9mm, certainly. Especially with 147gr or 124gr subsonics, it's insanely quiet. I do it quite often. 45 is a little closer to the threshold but the low tone makes it more comfortable compared to other rounds at the same dB output.

What is an honest no BS chances of this AWESOME bill passing now that Trump owns both houses?

>Hearing Protection Act: Making Silencers Legal
Chances of this passing?

Thanks bud, hope the HPA passes. Any idea on the current NFA wait time for one of these bad boys?

I think momentum is on our side at the moment. If they push this as hard as I think they will try to, I feel as if it will get passed.

Keep in mind the CEO of the biggest Silencer company (Josh Waldron) is the head of Trumps 2a coalition, and apparently a friend of Paul Ryan as well. Nothing is 100% but the progress made on this front over the last 8 years has been incredible, and I am optimistic.

Current time is completely unknown. Forms from last April are coming back at the moment, but there was a huge surge in purchases prior to newer rules that went into effect in the Summer of 2016(41F/41P) that made it harder to acquire NFA items.

nfatracker . com is the best place to check.

Should I bother getting a mk9k, or just get a more conventional 9mm or .45 can for my pic related?

Additional Intel: I want to go 3 lug. 3 lug mk9ks are either on waiting list or selling at a extreme premium due to limited production.

I am also considering a direct thread osprey .45 can for that bitchin non tube look.

So much badass and murder!

OK speaking of that. I was going to go trust for faster processing. Trusts were coming out way faster than individual form 4s for a while. The cost of setting up the trust is worth shaving 6 months off the wait time. HOWEVER, do you think the new rules going into place will cause trusts to lose their speed advantage?

I don't use or sell Gemtech cans. The guys over at Gemtech are nice enough, but I just don't like the product.

Personally, I would get an Omega 9K because they run great on the MPX, but the Ospreys look good too. I am a fan of the Dead Air Ghost 45M for 45 cans though.

For the most part trusts have no advantages over individuals anymore, unless you take into account the ability for designated people to take possession of your items(but then they have to go and do fingerprints and passport photos).

I would be willing to be there is no longer and speed advantage under the new and current rule set.

No questions, but continue doing God's work.

8.5 months last I heard

I have a Tirant 45; it's a very good can but the baffles are aluminum which makes them a fucking bitch to clean thoroughly. The Octane is another good can but the baffle design creates a lot of blowback in the general direction of your face. No experience with the Osprey or others.

Calling bullshit op.

Trump's sons are in favor of it
They could talk some sense into him

Right now bottom of the barrel suppressors are about $400 dollars right? You can get something okay for $600 and something good for $800. This of course doesn't count the tax stamp.

If the HPA what is your best estimation for the new price breakdown of suppressors?
Might we see quality suppressors for less than $500?

>can I actually make money as a gunsmith with regulations as they are currently?
Not really, there is a surplus of them and guns are becoming more modular and less craftsman

Most cans have a 3 lug adapter. I would find a can that can use multiple pistons so you can use it more guns than just that one

Bullshit on what? Ask me any questions to verify. 01/03 SOT, albeit switching the license to an 07/02.

Don Jr. has a lot of friends in the industry. A good friend of mine was actually just out of frame of the OP picture.

Guns fired with suppressors practically damage your ears the same amount as ones without, the peak decibel level is the same, it's just the RMS which gets lowered - if I remember correctly.

HPA passes, can you private buy/sell them? I believe I saw you need background check to buy from gunshop etc. So would it be down to state law between individuals?

I could write an essay on what will happen with the prices, but to keep it simple:

>Short Term: Prices will skyrocket; everything will be sold at or near MSRP, if not more
>Long Term: With increased competition with new companies producing them, the paperwork load dramatically decreased, and every FFL now being able to sell them, prices will come down a lot more

Silencers will be much cheaper to make, so initial cost will be reduced, and the margin will be lowered quite a bit to what most guns are at. Right now, Guns will usually be 10-20% margin, but cans are typically around 25-40%. You will see them drop down because everyone will now be selling them. This will only be after the huge demand surge dies down, the supply is increased to match demand, and the market stabilizes though.

Incorrect.

Under Federal Law they will be treated similar to rifles. This is going to vary highly depending on your state law, but for the most part it will work however the laws pertain to selling a rifle to a private individual in your area.

I have an HK45 tactical i want to suppress, is a Knights worth the money? I'm a manchild that has to have official special forces gear to make me feel cozy inside.

sweet, that's what I was hoping.

The KAC can is out of date

I don't have any questions, but Godspeed user. I double up, and I still worry that I'm damaging my hearing. People act like suppressors act like they do in the movies, and we will have silent assassins working their way through a building, People need to be educated that guns are still pretty loud even with suppression.

I'm a huge KAC whore myself, but as long as you understand that everything the sale is overpriced(although I rather like the QDC line of rifle suppressors) and can cope with that, they are great products. Don't expect to be using it on multiple different platforms though, extra pistons are insane expensive. They are also harder to get because KAC is very awful about consistent runs of suppressors.

A friend of mine has the USP-CT can, which is super rare, mounted on his HK45CT

One thing I've learned over the years is people are super receptive to suppressors once you introduce them. A few years back we hosted a huge suppressor shoot that was free and open to the public to educate, and even had news come out. Very successful for us.