History of Sup Forums

The History of Sup Forums since Sup Forums harbor, it's interesting looking back how events people rarely talk about now like the Sony leaks had such a large impact

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Zimmerman
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What a trip.

It looks like Donald Trump's presidential run single-handedly made this board popular

I thought events like that explosion in China would'v been larger but it didnt even register. Btw this is by no mean complete, people can add to it if they want to invest time to research

I'd say the french terror attacks were incredibly influential before the presidential election, but trumps campaign took things to a new level

Man Sup Forums harbour was actually a while ago. Feels like just yesterday I was shitposting as Nazi Germany. I have to say, Sup Forums is the only board that has gotten better with time.

Oh shit I completely forgot about how we could pic our flags and shit,

Damn, time is fleeting, it's a troublesome feeling

I miss some things like the space elevator threads, I also think cross thread IDs werent a bad idea but I remember a lot of people despised them

2011 Sup Forums was so nice. Even the 2012 election here was pretty low-key. I miss those days. I was a happier man. The world made more sense.

What is Sup Forums harbor? I've been posting on Sup Forums for the last 2 years and never heard of it.

Moot nuked Sup Forums, eliminated captcha and put on a million different filters for various buzzwords. It was a huge shitfest of spam and posting here was impossible

Ohh that. I didn't know it was called Sup Forums harbor lol.

Here's an image from it

What was Pol Harbour? I missed that

more and more redpilled people are joining our cause
a new sun will rise on the west!

Read the thread, I literally just explained it

Ah, thabks

indeed it is. I was only a boy when I first found Sup Forums, now I am truly a man, but it feels just like yesterday I first came across the YLYL threads, the feel threads, etc. No matter what you do, the days go by my friend, they just keep going by.

When did you guys join?

Yeah I just took a vacation for a month. After /new/ got nuked and Sup Forums eventually got created I realized the powers that be need this place and they won't ruin it forever.

A tripfag being retarded, color me surprised

What was Sup Forums harbor

Late 2012.

i was already here when the fappening happened but i can't remember when i joined

>This new fag
I was part of the reason this containment board was created

Kek, seems like you came right around the fappening...

what was the Sup Forums harbor

Probably mid 2013. Wasn't a regular poster until later though.

What's Sup Forums harbor? And no im not a newfag I've been here since last summer

>better with time

ive got bad news for you

I think it was right before GamerGate too

>What's Sup Forums harbor

FUCK OFF NEWFAGS!!!!

I'm a retard don't answer me. I just saw the post

Plenty of people.would have been around for it but don't know what it was callled

Early 2013

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Zimmerman
about 6 months before his aquittal, or maybe chocolate rambo
anyone remember jaffa calling

I'm an oldfag i've been here since last summer

No they have to be trolling or they are all lazy as fuck and oblivious

Do you ever get out in the sun?

moot played a big prank on Sup Forums and they took is seriously thinking he was deleting them even though he's stated in the past that Sup Forums is the board he lurks the most on.

How could you not assume?
Look at the spike then dip.

I think it has. There is a lot of shit on Sup Forums now, but back in the beginning this place was straight dumpsville. The shitposting factor was insane. There is believe it or not a lot more interesting threads now.

If I remember correctly, it was when Sup Forums found out moot was a cuck, moot got butthurt and nuked the board.

Jesus mate. Get outside more

No everyone that ridicules people for being to lazy to read the fucking thread never sees the light of day

primaries. I stayed away from Sup Forums before then, now I can't seem to leave this forsaken board

so many newfags on this thread, Sup Forums has been around since 2005...why didnt you put The Obombo on the timeline?

Gee one board vs like 20

I missed the last few posts because auto update wasn't on you fucking autist.

early 2004 for the site, used /n/ for a bit, shit posted frequently on /new/ and /new/ 2.0, then used Sup Forums from the start.

You're a troll just stop

if you're so cool because you've been around for so long, then post something from back in the day, gramps

Always update before you post.

K dad

see moot was just shitposting and playing a joke on Sup Forums for the whole "you're a cuck moot", it was just banter and Sup Forums took it way too seriously.

It was just a prank bro.

>sages:0

kek

An Oldie but a Goodie

Who here since /news/?

>tfw shitposting pre-flags
>tfw nobody judged my posts because of the country i was born in but for its quality

feelsbadman.tiff

/news/

Memories, user. Doesn't seem so long ago, huh? When we could escape our modern globalist SJW world into online freedom where /i/ ruled and no fags allowed. What happened?

[s4s] fag here came after my the paris attacks and my inner niceposter turned into a white nationalist

>big prank

you mean the annual embedded music / word filters / wacky colour schemes newfags took personal offence to and interpreted as an organised attack against them for being edgy anti establishment proto meme wizards?

KEK

been a fag since 8th grade, 2003-4. started reading/posting on pol since like 2007

0/10

Sup Forums in early 2009, Sup Forums a bit before Sup Forums harbor.

Sup Forums didn't exist in 2007

Check'd
HH

You won't get your lolz here, people already ignored your first two posts

yeah it was much better, adding flags was a means of disruption

dat grill tho

I think if you put country flags and thread IDs on every board they would get better

late 2012

Sup Forums moderation was barely getting started so i had to find another board to wait out bans

little did i know it was the beginning of the end for Sup Forums ;_;

>No response

Seriously? I was only 6 years ago. I need to leave this place.

never forget the back stabbing faggot.

regardless, multiculturalism made us stronger :^)

I joined in 2014. Mostly lurked /vp/, /x/ and Sup Forums. Started browsing Sup Forums in 2015, and it's been my home board since.

>the night when we literally shitposted ourselves in a new timeline

An hell of a ride.

2006-2009 Sup Forums
2009-2015 /r9k/
2015-now Sup Forums
I just keep running away from the normies

How am I s'posed to drink me coffee, browse me Sup Forums, and chat the Telly with only two hands ya fucking wanker! Chalk signs taking the piss

What about the Boston bombers? That happening was one for the books.

Benghazi wasn't so bad either.
Zimzam had some good days too.

Yeah but can any of you prove you're an oldfag?

It's almost as if people are more likely to talk about major news events

I miss my user selected flags

make pol great again

>/x/

GET OUT!

Well said Aussie. moot even prefaced it when he announced that Sup Forums would be down for "percuckive maintenance" It was great, Sup Forums kept coming over to /k/ and claiming that moot was going to delete all the "offensive boards" starting with Sup Forums and that /k/ would be next.

Probably the biggest example of Sup Forums being wrong in the history of Sup Forums. All the cross posting shit posters used to really annoy me though Sup Forums seems to have gotten a lot better since Sup Forums Harbor. Granted now we have Antifa scum and commie degenerates to deal with.

Since 2005, Praise KEK!!!!

>2009-2015 /r9k/

for fuck sakes get the fuck out

>2015-now
>running away from normies

you are the normies flooding in though m8

been posting on pol since 2011 or 2010 or whenever it began

get on my level negro

>Not using the gay flag and getting free replies just from posting

>Zimzam had some good days too.

wtf, it was one of the greatest happenings on Sup Forums ever

to say it had good days is fucking ignorant

Might have something to do with a large contingent running off to 8pol

the division is what keeps this place addictive though, circle jerks get boring

>that britpol at the bottom

We fought like hell. Veterans of that battle know what we went through...

jesus I forgot all about this
my mind is rotting

look at the timeline, doesnt go back that far

No shit faggot, that's why I mentioned it.

cripplechan had so much promise after pol harbor

sux the place turned out to be an antifachan hugbox

yeah but could you make one that did go back to the inception of Sup Forums ? I would be interested in looking at it.

/x/ will always be Sup Forumss main squeeze despite what newfag /o/niggers will tell you

Nope because there isnt any data pre 2014

>Sup Forums has gotten better with time

Sup Forums has gotten worse, dare I say, ever since Trump announced his candidacy. It brought in too many newfag redditors at once. Usually redditors would defect and stream in slowly. They didn't really see much of reddit culture here, and when they tried to use it, they would be shamed. eventually, over time, they would shed their reddit skin, and when they saw someone else using reddit lingo, i suspect they were the most aggressive toward them. But with Trump, there was a hockey-stick growth of redditors. So when they came in, They saw others using the same reddit-lingo they were, and would be encouraged to continue to use that lingo by other non-assimilated redditors responding positively to their shitty reddit-tier posts. this gave them no incentive to ever really assimilate properly to the board culture. same with migrants from Sup Forums (and I know there's overlap between reddit and Sup Forums). they never assimilated either. and i will even say too many people from non-Sup Forums alt-right sites. they try to turn this place into a movement board. old Sup Forums may have shared many racial ideals with the alt-right, but it was never, besides a brief time during Ron Paul's candidacy, a movement board. it was offensive and edgy and genuinely racist but it was a Sup Forums board, not a movement board. there's nothing wrong with movement sites but Sup Forums just wasn't ever one of them, despite someone occasionally try to make it one. but the alt-right people here take it so fucking seriously. which is fine, I am glad to see it, but it doesn't belong on Sup Forums. Sup Forums was better how it was.

so now you see a lot of reddit-tier posts, ylyl threads, and daily-stormer-tier garbage. it's actually kind of fascinating in it's own right to see these groups together, but the board is a far cry from its glory days.