Is Sup Forumssmart?

Is Sup Forums smart enough to do well on the (((GMAT))) and get into a top (((MBA))) program? Shekels are at stake.

You have 109.75 seconds on average to solve this problem, known as a data sufficiency question. Read the directions, then time yourself on how long it takes you to come up with your answer.

>Directions

This data sufficiency problem consists of a question and two statements, labeled (1) and (2), in which certain data are given. You have to decide whether the data given in the statements are sufficient for answering the question. Using the data given in the statements, plus your knowledge of mathematics and everyday facts (such as the number of days in July or the meaning of the word counterclockwise), you must indicate whether:

(A) Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.

(B) Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.

(C) BOTH statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question asked, but

(D) NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked. EACH statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.

(E) Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question asked, and additional data specific to the problem are needed.

>(C) BOTH statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question asked, but
>(D) NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked. EACH statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.

Sorry, should be:

(C) BOTH statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question asked, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.

(D) EACH statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.

So

>A (statement 1 by itself YES, statement 2 by itself NO)
>B (statement 1 by itself NO, statement 2 by itself YES)
>C (both statements combined YES, either by itself NO)
>D (either by itself YES)
>E (not enough information)

No, he caught less than 9. If he never caught more than 12 in one day than it would be impossible for him to catch 9 or more on Tuesday and then 4 more than that on Wednesday

>leaf

No. He had to have caught 8 fish on Monday and Tuesday and then 12 for each of the following days.

I needed both statements to come to that conclusion so I'd say C.

"it's dark outside", what is the 'it'

Read the instructions. It's a Data Sufficiency type. You have to answer it in terms of A-E, in other words is the first fact alone sufficient? Is the second one alone sufficient? Are both combined sufficient? Is either one by itself sufficient? Do we not have enough information?

What? It's a trick question. It's impossible.
>each day of last week starting monday
So we exclude sunday, meaning 6 days of fishing. And we know he finished with 76 total.
>never caught more than 12 fish in a single day
Given this, the MAX number of fish you'd end up with is 72. 6 days * 12 fish per day max. This fulfills the requirement of each day catching more or equal to the number of the previous day.

You literally can't get 76 from the information given, max possible is 72. Trick question, niggers

I can't be assed to analyze other people's problems anymore.
I just don't give a fuck.

>6 days in a week
A week is 7 days by definition

high IQ shitposter answered
stop embarrassing yourself further

No, you would have to include the sunday from your current week, the problem specifically states:
>each day of LAST week
Sunday of the ending week is not in the last week

Fuck off chink I'm so good even your eyes would open

A week is 7 days

A week is from Sunday to Saturday. Each Sunday marks the beginning of a "week". You're a stupid nigger

E)

Nice autismo test ya got there, leaf

Fug, I always forget to read directions. Then I would say the answer is B

Ok, we got
A
B - 1x USA
C - 1x Straya
D
E - 1x Mexico

If you haven't solved this problem by the time you've finished reading it then you don't need to waste your time taking either test.

Then I pick "E". Question is fucking bullshit designed by CIA mkultra'd communist subversion experts. Fuck all you niggers

My answer would be (E). Each statement alone are sufficient to answer the question. Did not time myself but it was less than two minutes, according to my PC.

The answer is B

>A week has 7 days pajeet and Monday is the first day
A
B - 1x USA
C - 1x Straya
D
E - 1x Mexico, 1x Canada

I'll post a solution in 15 mins, anyone else feel free to take a crack

this.
also, business 101, I'm delegating this shit to some lower tier employee while I handle some other shit. have the tps reports on my desk in the morning. also, tell ezeqiel he needs to get his fishing license but since he can't cause he's illegal set up a 2 o'clock to have him sent back. once that's done hire jim bob the expert at fish farming, we're expanding production and aiming at the sustainability market with all the rich stupid liberals. I want his suggestions on the best and fastest way to get production going and a timetable for ROI by the end of the workday tomorrow. I need becky to call investors and set up meetings for wednesday.

fuck your stupid ass problem, the bigger problem is that business is catching 76 fish a fucking week. what kind of productivity is that? not to mention you never specify what kind of week we're talking here so it's not solvable. whoever is running this business has communication issues and doesn't know their numbers. I want them pushed out, file the paperwork for incorporation and just get them to sign off. set up a board with our new investors we'll be seeing on wednesday, lets get this shit rolling.

A
B - 2x USA
C - 1x Straya
D
E - 1x Mexico, 1x Canada, 1x USA

He couldn't have caught that many fish.. There's 7 days in a week, but Ezekiel was a good Christian and started the day after the sunday.

This variant says otherwise. Based on that discrepancy it doesn't matter, because you don't have enough to give a correct answer in all cases. So I'm still right, E

>you never specify what kind of week we're talking here so it's not solvable
That's what I said! Stupid fucking cuck problem. Teachin' niggers love to trick you into doing a shit ton of work for no goddamn reason, because there's no answer

>Ezekiel
>Christian

there's 7 days in a week and Monday is the first day. Unless you're Muslim

Oh I suppose I'll expand on why it's B

remember that the question to the quiz is whether either or both of the statements are sufficient to respond to the answer in the question. The question is: Did ezekiel catch more than 9 fish on tuesday?
>He never caught more than 12 fish
>he caught 4 more fish on W than Tu
by these statements alone we can conclude no, he did not catch more than 9 fish on Tu

statement 2 alone is sufficient information to resolve the question, statement 1 is not.

we do not need to resolve how many fish he caught

I answer E

the really stupid part of this is ezeqiel needs to be keeping a fucking log of the fish he's catching and their weight every day. I told him to do it but he's illegal so you can't count on anything but the bare minimum. he's fucking the business and giving everyone else more work while not creating enough value. that's why we're moving to fish farming with jim bob and ezeqiel is going back to mehico. I can't believe I agreed to make this business great again, the fuck these people have been doing the last 3 years idfk.

Also "last week starting on Monday".

The question itself states the week (7 days) started on Monday.

>The fucking autism on this board

According to the calendar, the week starts on a sunday.. Regardless, if he skips sunday and works monday through saturday, he's only working 6 weeks as of that week.

Put me down for a C

really? is it business days or a full week? if it's a full week I don't give a shit how many he caught, why is he working a full week so we're paying OT for the shit value ezeqiel brings to the company? and why is our scheduling and employee roster so shit that people don't have days off?

Nvm pause on that. I changed my mind

>he's illegal so you can't count on anything but the bare minimum
Can't count period. Fresh off the taco cart

That's what I thought

Are you assuming (1) is true when you say he did not catch more than 9? Wouldn't it then be C if both statements need to be true?

A
B - 2x USA
C - 1x Straya, 1x USA
D
E - 1x Mexico, 1x Canada, 1x USA, 1x Finland

b pls

Changing my answer to B

B, You only need statement two

Max fish caught = 12
If he caught four more fish on Wednesday than Tues day then on Tuesday he must have caught 8 or fewer fish.

His daily catch must be as follows
Monday : 8
Tuesday: 8
Wednesday: 12
Thursday: 12
Friday: 12
Saturday: 12
Sunday: 12
Total: 76

A
B - 4x USA, 1x Toothpaste
C - 1x Straya
D
E - 1x Mexico, 1x Canada, 1x USA, 1x Finland

I'm a little sleep deprived and I was trying to figure out what would allow us to know the number of fish he caught on each day for some reason.

But you need statement one to know he caught 8 fish on Monday?

Monday to sunday isn't a week; it's 7 days.
Sunday to saturday is a literal week.
Monday to friday are weekdays, also generally a "week".

There's literally no leeway in anyone's speech for "Week" to mean seven days outside of the sunday-saturday calendar system.

I pick C. I'm not an American actually. I'm a Filipino.

It's B

C or B, though I'm going for C

No you don't, no other number for Monday satisfies the total 76.

It also wasn't the question, I just included it anyway.

look at that somebody else on Sup Forums isn't a mouthbreather.

Or you can present it as such:
Minimum fish caught everyday for all statements to be true (offload all extras on sunday)
(null) - 0, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 26 = 76
(1) only - 8, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 18 = 76
(2) only - 0, 10, 14! --- violates 12 fish/ day, impossible
(1) + (2) - 8, 10, 14! --- violates 12 fish/ day, impossible

its 8 took me about 10 seconds then another 5 double checking the math

I would like to change my answer to C.

Both statements are required to say 'no' to the question.

actually changing to B, he needed to catch 8 or fewer on tuesday if he catched 4 more on wendsday.
Switch it to B leaf

statement 1 is insufficient, and that's what answer B asserts.
It's only with statement 2 that we know the relation W with Tu, and that it is impossible for him to have caught 9+ fish on Tu because that would exceed 12 fish on a single day.

Double check the question doofus.

The statement 2 says he caught 4 more fish. Since the maximum is 12, he must have caught 8 or fewer. You don't need the monday info.

D, Statement one works too.

Start with eight on monday
M=8 T=8 W=12 T=12 F= 12 S=12 S=12
16+60

Got anymore of these? It's safe to say the B's have it.

it's b. never actually read the whole thing.

again though, ezeqiel has got to go and this business has serious issues if this sort of shit happens all the time to figure out how bad his productivity is. my guess? he's not recording info so we have to do this because he knows he's doing a shit job.

A
B - 4x USA, 1x Toothpaste, 1x Espana
C - 1x Straya, 1x Duterte
D - 1x USA
E - 1x Mexico, 1x Leaf, 1x USA, 1x Finland

Any last votes? Solution to be posted shortly

Thousands

But without knowing wed = tues + 4

It could be 8>10>10>12>12>12>12 =76

D

If he caught 8 monday, there's no knowing if tuesday was > or < 9.

If he caught +4 wednesday, it's impossible that he caught > 9 on tuesday. It's possible he caught 8 on monday.

So A is incorrect.
B is correct.
C is also correct (No where did you say minimally sufficient, both statements can exist together and answer the question)
D is incorrect
E is incorrect

B

Post one up then hoss

Presuming that the week ends at 11:59:59 PM on Sunday, then no, Ezekiel did not catch 9 fish on Tuesday.

Mon:8
Tues: ?
Wed: 12
Thurs: 12
Fri: 12
Sat: 12
Sun: 12
Total Known: 68
Total caught: 76

76-68=8

Therefore, he must have caught 8 fight on Tuesday.

However, the answers you have typed are not as straightforward, which is where confusion will come into play. Therefore, rather than simply choosing a letter, I will simply state that both statements are required to know how many fish he caught on each day.

Logically B eliminates C since you only need Fact (2) by itself; (1) adds redundant data if you were to pick C since (2) alone is sufficient.

I'll put you down for B.

B

C

D

A
B - 5x USA, 1x Toothpaste, 1x Espana, 1x Belarus
C - 1x Straya, 1x Duterte1, 1x USA
D - 2x USA

Are you going to give the correct answer before the thread expires?

ur a dumbass. last week starting on monday literally means monday - saturday of last week.

D

I do a lot of competitive programming problems and the first thing you usually do is bound check things. Based on how I interpreted the question, word by word, it appears the expected value is outside the range of the max possible you would expect.

Could be wrong, business fags are pretty stupid when it comes to numbers and words

>acquire physics degree from good uni
>apply for jobs in various finance and consultancy places which require "quantitative skills"
>as part of the application process, get hit with loads of shitty timed maths and data questions like this
>apparently this is a thing now
>drilled throughout degree to check and double check mathematical working and method
>find out your ability to get employed is dependent on doing lots of time-restrictive shitty maths instead like it's a race
>REEEEEEE
>implying if I got the job that any mathematics performed would be done in such a haphazard manner

Really rustles my fucking jimmies, I'll tell you...

>Is Sup Forums smart enough to do well on the (((GMAT))) and get into a top (((MBA))) program?

Yes and I am constantly approached including being offered free dinner and drinks to do so.

However I already have three degrees and really they have nothing to offer me and want money.

Knowledge is free once you know how to find and process it.

>Presuming that the week ends at 11:59:59 PM on Sunday
it doesn't tho. the week ends at 11:59:59 PM on Saturday.

D

A
B - 5x USA, 1x Toothpaste, 1x Espana, 1x Belarus
C - 1x Straya, 1x Duterte1, 1x USA
D - 2x USA, 1x Turkroach

incorrect. with just 8 we could just as easily assert
M=8 Tu=10 W=10 Th=12 F=12 Sa=12 Su=12

But with statement 2, which we cannot ignore, this iteration of the spread becomes impossible because W must be 4 more than Tu

If that is the case, then it is entirely possible for Ezekiel to catch 9 fish on Tuesday.

Changing my answer to B

Your checks are bouncing? All I said is that I'm sleep deprived and i misinterpreted the question. I have no idea why you want me to know this

it's not really anyone's fault though
just different fields learn different things you might REEEEE on

>how much is accepted as statistical significance
>computing & math : 1
>physics : .9999
>biochem : .95
>business .75

I'll let you live so you can tell my story

If I understand E to mean that neither 1) nor 2) nor both together is enough to determine that 9 fish were caught Tuesday then that's my answer.

Except statements like "the report is due a week from Tuesday" quite literally define a week as 7 days.

I actually re-solved the question, did not see the previous post before posting. Meh.

My answer is B

>never caught more than 12 fish a day
>he caught 4 more fish on wednesday than he did on tuesday
>for that to be possible he would need to catch less than 9

According to you. Maybe Ezekiel doesn't fish on the lord's day.

Put me down for B.

Reasoning -
72 fish total
let abcdefg be the numbers of fish he caught
a

>can't have more than 12 fish in a day
>got 76 fish
>in 6 days

I guess that's just a miracle of the Lord though, right?

Your final answer is incorrect.

Without knowing Statement 1, Statement 2 is not sufficient. For example:

Monday: 2
Tuesday: 9
Wednesday: 13
Thursday: 13
Friday: 13
Saturday: 13
Sunday: 13

TOTAL: 76

No, I'm a fucking retard that's why I don't have an MBA.

But that's wrong you retard, the question was if he caught more than 9.

Statement one leaves us with option of him having caught either 9 or 10 fish on Tuesday.

It is not possible for us to know whether it was 9 or 10 fish so we cannot say with certainty that he caught MORE THAN 9 fish.

He couldn't have done it

The week starts on Sunday but he didn't start fishing until Monday. That leaves 6 days of fishing.

76 divided by 6 is equal to 12.66~ which is more than 12. The problem says he never caught more than 12 fish in a day. That's a lie.

GMAT score 730 here faggots, on the first try. Not even native English.

Fucker shouldn't known don't bullshit a bullshitter