So...what are European houses made of, if not wood?

So...what are European houses made of, if not wood?

Stone? Steel? Cinder blocks?

Other urls found in this thread:

grandhomes.com/gh_comm_profile.php?com=54
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Brick.

your mom

checked

what do you do if you want to run a cable up through the wall?

channel it out and plaster over it.

Brake the brick/lay on top before its covered. Most bricks these days are the shitty hollow kind and its easy to lay wires.

> burger is so retarded that doesn't know any material besides wood
:D:D

America is a seismically active continent.

Brick is not a good idea unless you're on the east coast.

>Cinder blocks?

and just bricks

>live in tornado country
>build with sticks and leaves

Why? Cost?
Just build heavy ass houses and cuck the tornado.

> Five bedrooms
> 3 and a half bathrooms
> 4,000 square feet
> Huge Yard

Price: $200,000

Cry more.

That is some shitty scaffolding

Fug, forget picture.

tfw leaf

Most modern houses are built with hollow bricks

For what purpose?
They generally plan ahead for it all.

Well, mine is made from stone, literally stone. And wood.

>have to live in nigger utopia
no thanks

Brick, wood, steel and stone master race.

Use a masonry drill bit.

By the way a most modern (post-WW2) houses don't use brick for all walls just loadbearing ones.

That seems pretty shit.

I can wire ethernet to every room in my house without any patching or painting.

If a big tornado comes through it doesn't matter what the building is made of. Unless it's underground it's gonna be fucked.

Its not in London

>drop cigarette or leave the stove on
>entire neighborhood burns down akin to the great fires of the 1600s

From what I read on Sup Forums, apparently most of Europe lives in shipping container cucksheds.

coax, ethernet, one day fiber.

You're that cunt from Texas that's always posting pictures of houses aren't you. I fucking bet you are.

Hey, what about the area, though? I'm 100% sure all houses are the same and that it takes around 2 hours to get to your workplace.

>That seems pretty shit.
>I can wire ethernet to every room in my house without any patching or painting.

a lot of houses in the uk now the interior walls are made from wood and plasterboard. Frankly I don't like it feels hollow and even with insulation sound still travels I'm on my 4th house now and would never again buy a house built this century just poor workmanship and cheap materials.

Seems like a nice place

grandhomes.com/gh_comm_profile.php?com=54

In scandinavia almost everything is built by wood.
In France, Anglo-land, Iberian penninsula almost everything is built by brick or stone, same with Italy.
Icelanders build everything with concrete for some reason.
Eastern europe still lives in houses from the communist era.
Germany and Austria is probably a mix between brick-concrete and wood

Most here in Amsterdam are mainly wood.
Just the exterior walls are bricks.

Most modern houses are made of concrete though.

How do Americans even manage to find their way home?

Do they regularly enter a stranger's house that looks like theirs?

US houses made by homebulders are shit. They are made of Grade D drywall and cheap cinderblocks. The houses in the neihgborhood I grew up in were built in the 80s and look like they are falling apart. Brick structures in the city that were built with brick and mortar pre 1950s still look sturdy and strong, except for the niggers that have taken them over.

Here in Croatia we build it with dirt

looks mundane. absolutely no diversity in the landscape. I'd kill myself if I'd have to live there

Google maps and sat-navs.

Please stop.

t. 700k$ for 17m2.

I'm a big fan of the "Earthship" kind of design, personally.

My thoughts exactly. I think they rely on their GPS or so. Wonder what would happen if the phone would run out of juice..

>just poor workmanship and cheap materials
I feel really strongly about this. We have lost so much of the pride that we used to have in even the most basic buildings. Are the Jews behind this?

Living in the US during a zombie apocalypse is going to suck so much

memorization and address like everywhere else

Most houses in Austria are built with bricks like pic related. At least for walls that are weight bearing. Often times, cement is also used in some way. Recently, wood has made a big comeback though. Not the shitty ass american kind though. Really thick, beautiful and massive wood.

concrete, forced laborers' remains

They're made of bricks, little pig.

True. It is a problem with a lot of new neighborhoods.

But then you can just pay $350,000 instead of $200,000 to get the same house in an old neighborhood or a better designed new one and not to have to deal with any of those problems.

Anyway, if you look at pictures of new suburbs in the 1950's, they're way uglier. It's a problem that solves itself as time passes.

Candy. If you come to visit us we will fatten you up, then eat you burger, on a xmas day.

Old satanic practice, that is why we do not use plaster - it prevents lucifer from entering this plane.

>tfw shitty ass suburbs being built in eastern europe now

My friend's neighborhood was one of the biggest in the country, at least what people said. It's called Rivergate and it's in Michigan.

Even though the houses don't look the same I could still get lost if I took a wrong turn. It's like a maze

No offense ameribro, but this house looks like shit. I mean I don't have a better one, but still.

Thx for painting missile targets

The same has happened in Europe though, except the prices only increase and the housing bubble never seems to pop.
I recently moved out of a €270,000 52m2 house in a "new" (10 years old) development area in a small city.
Every time you touch the wall you feel like you're about to punch through, my girlfriend tried to hang up a picture and just ended up making a hole in the wall, the isolation is also trash because of the materials used, at least they still use double windows though.

I think most of the new neighborhoods are ugly, no matter where. The demand is simply too high and companies don't have enough time and space to think it though. Plus, it's cheap to squish in some houses on a small territory.

Very likely.

Pic related

Corporate elite is behind this.
It's now more profitable to build 3 shitty houses than 2 good ones.
And constantly increasing population makes sure demand for housing is so high the shittiness is overlooked.

What a poop life.

I disagree, the environment more than makes up for the house, which only looks a little small to me and good otherwise.

>Texas
No wonder it's so cheap, nobody wants to live in a desert filled with spics and wanna-be cowboys.

Town rapist can't afford better materials?

So I guess housing is cheap I'm Belgium as well, then.

Its good form to make only the exterior walls the load baring walls, allows the owner to do whatever the fuck they want with the inside of the place.

Today we have fireproofing materials to prevent that.

My house is double brick.
Two bricks thick on every exterior wall, with a layer of insulation between the two bricks, and every interior wall is brick.

200.000 to much for you fucking neet

also amerifats houses arent even real wood

>wondering how people can keep track of their own fucking house

Just moved into my new house, took me 3 tries, got shot a few times for goin in the wrong house but luckily I have built up a tolerance.

>europeans still think they are 1st world

not really but at least it's not prefab
i wonder how much those scandinavian cabin things would cost

In here we use bricks and concrete

Brick>plywood

I swear I've seen you on like three other threads today. Give it a rest, bud

I asume you prefer steel? Like in a prison or trailer?

very american

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHHHAHAHAA

>not real wood
>post picture of wood framing

What did he mean by this?

DID JUST TRUMP BTFO???

FPBP LE EPIC BANTZ HOOOOOLLY SHIET LOOK A DIZ BANTZZZZ RARE FLAGGG

HAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

i can approve on the germany thing.
Apartment blocks are made out of concrete, sometimes a commieblock, sometimes something better.
Most houses are made out of that aswell.
Then you also have older Apartment blocks made out of stone/wood and the same goes for houses again but for houses brick and wood is still a thing and mroe popular.
Skyscrapers are of course only made out of metal and concrede, otherwise they couldn't stand.

Plywood isn't real wood, it's dirt cheap nigger shit.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

> Desert
> What nice houses in Dallas actually look like from outside

Unfortunately, only streetview, so you can't actually see the mansion, I'll see if I can find a better picture.

DID JUST TRUMP BTFO???

FPBP LE EPIC BANTZ HOOOOOLLY SHIET LOOK A DIZ BANTZZZZ RARE FLAGGG

plywood is top shit tier

a bit of water and you house rots down, a bit of fire and it explodes

it is actually the worst material for building ANYTHING thats why it is so fucking cheap

Framing isn't plywood Mr kangaroo, you're thinking of the plywood they put up to house the insulation

Why can you literally punch a hole in the wall of the average American house?

>American engineering

reinforced concrete

It's a good thing nobody build theirs houses out of it faggot

They are made on strong foundation of patriarchal tradition, with added pride and heritage, and superiority is only added nicety

Because why not? Name one good reason brick is needed?

tornadoes destroy building from the INSIDE

lower atmospheric pressure inside than outside, BOOM

How can Americans even compete

Because you're not supposed to fall through the wall if you accidentally trip over something. No wonder your fucking houses go flying when a tornado passes by 10 miles away

Rock you savage

>Using plywood at all in the construction of a fucking house.
Mate, I wouldn't even make my dig sleep in a plywood house.

Pic related, how my house was built.

Bricks mainly, there's some breeze blocks used near the chimney stacks but that's about it.

Not plywood like Amerihouses.

they cant

their houses are so fake like their culture

For living in a wood hut with my fellow beavers? Cry more poor fag