USA: Russia used cyber attacks to meddle in our election

>USA: Russia used cyber attacks to meddle in our election
>Russia: No we didn't.

Who do you believe and why?

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/2009/08/27/ted-kennedy-soviet-union-ronald-reagan-opinions-columnists-peter-robinson.html
thefederalist.com/2015/03/10/ted-kennedy-secretly-asked-the-soviets-to-intervene-in-the-1984-elections/
americanthinker.com/blog/2016/07/remember_when_ted_kennedy_asked_the_soviets_for_help_defeating_reagan.html
dailysignal.com/2016/12/14/ted-kennedy-made-secret-overtures-to-russia-to-prevent-ronald-reagans-re-election/
wordfence.com/blog/2016/12/russia-malware-ip-hack/
politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jan/11/donald-trump/trump-says-russians-were-unable-hack-republican-na/
youtube.com/view_play_list?p=4CDAB99FAB5980BA
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-sexual-allegations-us-intelligence-fake-news-a7522591.html
breakingnews.ie/world/hillary-clinton-accuses-fbi-over-strange-new-emails-review-761716.html
reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-cyber-idUSKBN14S0O6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

the Russia shit is just another excuse the Clinton campaign and democrats came up with

The Clinton campaign has control over the entire US intelligence community as well as multiple private entities?

AND they were able to convince our government to sanction Russia + expel their officials?

I didn't realize they had so much power.

The us cited a retarded democrat falling for an obvious russian phishing scam as evidence that the russian government was involved so i find it hard to believe them

Not America on this one. No proofs.

It's 100% grade A political bullshit and everyone knows it.

"Russians" handing (legitimate) emails to wikileaks would not have driven up turnout in rural America. That's why Trump won, not some grand conspiracy.

>cited a retarded democrat falling for an obvious russian phishing scam
>democrat falling for an obvious russian phishing scam
>obvious russian phishing scam
>russian phishing scam
>russian

>i find it hard to believe the russians were involved but i agree it was a russian phishing scam

... what?

>a lot of agency heads align behind Clinton during the campaign
>Obama campaigns for Clinton
>lol, you're being a conspiracytard, the current head niggas in charge have no reason to throw mud

No proof from them either.

You trust Russia more than USA?

Oh ok so because the information they stole was legitimate then you think it's ok?

We should just give Russia access to all private US information then. I'm sure they would use it charitably as they did recently.

Considering Russia has been trying to affect public opinion in the US for 100 years, I'll believe Russia was trying to affect public opinion in the US. Odd that it only became an issue to the Democrats this year.

forbes.com/2009/08/27/ted-kennedy-soviet-union-ronald-reagan-opinions-columnists-peter-robinson.html
thefederalist.com/2015/03/10/ted-kennedy-secretly-asked-the-soviets-to-intervene-in-the-1984-elections/
americanthinker.com/blog/2016/07/remember_when_ted_kennedy_asked_the_soviets_for_help_defeating_reagan.html
dailysignal.com/2016/12/14/ted-kennedy-made-secret-overtures-to-russia-to-prevent-ronald-reagans-re-election/

wait didn't trump himself say it was Russia? why the hell would he lie about that?

Hey buddy did you learn about quotation marks in your shitty government school?

>a lot of agency heads align behind Clinton during the campaign
Who exactly do you mean?

Also, do you believe that a leader of an intelligence agency can exert so much control over it that he can publish false reports?

>throw mud
Do you think we are taking the actions that we are against Russia purely because the current administration is mad Hillary lost?

How did Russia use cyber attacks?
I keep hearing that they hacked the election, but wouldn't there be a recount if the voting machines really were manipulated?

Russians who have nothing to do with the government scamming people isnt exactly uncommon so implying coralation = causation on this basis makes them look retarded and desperate to me

I look forward to trump declassifying all information on this just to prove how bogus it was.

US intelligence services did it all. They are staging a coup with the help of the US media.

Well lets be honest here, its not as if its the first time the Russians have done something illegal, just ask their doping program advisors!

Excuse me, you're right, it was a bunch of ex-intel chiefs that endorsed Clinton. The current ones just critized Trump and said nothing about Clinton. Arguably a tacit endorsement.

And yeah, they do. Maybe if you had ever worked for them(I worked under the NSA for 5 years) you'd know that.

And yes, I do think our government(more accurately, the people who make it up) are as prone to parting shots for being embarrassed as much as the next person.

Having said that, there's enough shade being thrown up that there's a more than fair chance that it was a Russian operation to get into the DNC and release some emails to wikileaks. I just don't think it was anywhere near the deciding factor that Democrats would like it to be.

>Odd that it only became an issue to the Democrats this year.
It's because they got caught this year. Literally has nothing to do with Dems/Reps.

He did after his meetings. Originally he said it wasn't them but that was a while ago.

?

wouldn't be the first time the CIA manufactured bullshit to justify political agendas. just look at its entire history

The claim Russia "hacked the election" is using highly misleading headlines to lead people to false conclusions. Russia attempted to hack into both Democratic Party and Republican Party computers to steal information. They were successful with Democratic Party computers, but not with the Republican Party computers. Russia then released said information as "Guccifer 2.0". At least, this is what the intelligence community claims.

Separate of this and more significant, Wikileaks released the Podesta emails which were given to them by an unnamed source. The Obama administration (Obama himself and his press secretary) has claimed these also came from Russia, but the intelligence community has not substantiated or commented on those particular claims as far as I have seen.

There was no known attempt by Russia to hack into voting machines. All hacking operations done by Russia were to gain information and leak it.

I don't even understand how Russia could "hack" the election. Did they make Hillary completely unelectable to the majority of American states? Did they make her into the hateable cunt we all know she is?

So you mean to tell me my friendly canadian, that the whistleblower Stepanova didnt reveal a doping program existant within the Russian establishment and didnt bring WADA on its ass. Okay then.

>everything is coming from the US spooks
>No one is pointing the finger at them.

Why?

>No proof from them either.
Do you understand what burden of proof is? How do you prove you didn't hack someone exactly? Go fuck yourself.

>No proof from them either.
>proof that we didn't something

Prove that you aren't a faggot.

>to meddle in our election

If they were meddling then so were all the other foreign politicians queueing up to condemn Trump for virtue points.

Or handing Clinton money. The most direct form of meddling possible.

wordfence.com/blog/2016/12/russia-malware-ip-hack/

The gang of eight wouldn't launch an investigation into the Russian hacks and Trump ties to the Russians without evidence.

You can deny it all you want but something is going on and It all goes back to Flynn, Manafort, Trump, and Russia with the hacks and pysop as a component. Trump will end up impeached

They didn't do anything to voting machines. Honestly don't know where that idea came from.

You need to learn more about this topic.

Um so was Russia involved or not?

Trump has already stated Russia was involved so I'm not sure what you are looking forward to.

politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2017/jan/11/donald-trump/trump-says-russians-were-unable-hack-republican-na/

>It's because they got caught this year. Literally has nothing to do with Dems/Reps.
When the USSR fell in 1991, documents were discovered revealing Ted Kennedy sent secret messages to the USSR via a third party asking the USSR to meddle on the 1984 Presidential election in exchange for favorably media treatment. For some reason, Democrats never cared about that. If evidence existed Trump had done the same, he'd be on his way to Fort Leavenworth.

Also, if you're going to claim no evidence exists that the USSR attempted to affect public opinion in the US during the Cold War, you're delusional. You can start with these: youtube.com/view_play_list?p=4CDAB99FAB5980BA

>Trump will end up impeached.

Your intelligence agencies are staging a coup. They are putting all the previously illegal (thanks Obama) snooping to use and blackmailing everyone that controles your media and picking who will be elected.

Then they tear him down so that he is subserviant to them.

Democracy dead in the US.

USA: my uncle works at nintendo
USA: my dad is a time traveling astronaut
USA: a giant ant bit off my legs but I grew them back with willpower in one night
USA: how double hitler of you to notice my blatant horrible crimes!

>Also, if you're going to claim no evidence exists that the USSR attempted to affect public opinion in the US during the Cold War, you're delusional.
Hell, Operation Infektion made a binch of people, to this day, think we made HIV and spread it around.

It's physically impossible, it's just bad losing by team Dem.

>USA

*the democrats

So the intelligence community is now controlling every member of congress and are going to stage a coup?

So that giant conspiracy is possible but the idea that Trump is a useful idiot with Russian ties is far fetched? Sorry Trump is guilty as shit and as soon as the GOP pass what they need they are going to impeach his ass and install Pence.

I suppose that the American intelligence is enormously politicised.

Pro tip: use secure servers.

>I left my door unlocked and got robbed. Clearly #NotMyFault but I'll blame the neighbor for it without evidence because we don't like each other.

burden of proof is on the one who made the claim

Ever since this story came out, I havent understood how this became such a huge talking point.
You'd think the allegation is over ballot boxes being hacked by Russia from all this heat.

You know those idiots that kept insisting Obama would get impeached any day now? That's going to be you for the next 8 years.

Yes im sure they needed to blackmail and threaten the msm to be antitrump

Also this.

>>USA: ________ used cyber attacks to meddle in our election
>>________: No we didn't.

>Who do you believe and why?

Fill the gap with literally any country and the question remains with the same validity.

Democrats are desperate to delegitimize Trump before he takes office as a pretext to block everything he wants, to run on in mid-term elections, and to push for impeachment should they win a majority in the House at any point during his Presidency.

It's old fashioned result-oriented propaganda.

it's not supposed to be but everything in America is politicized these days

Powerful people will try and extend their power. That is no conspiracy at all. What is far fetched is that Russia could gather all this info and use if so clumsily.

Your spooks are taking over your country. Your freedom is no longer in peril. Its gone.

Russia, because "cyber attacks" actually means "epic shitposting"
The paleomedia has been careful to describe the Russian involvement as "hacking" and "attacks" when all they've done is influence people's opinions, which the paleomedia believes it has a monopoly over.

Half the US said that "Russia did it" and they have no proof other than "high confidence" which is bogus. Also they said "no one can hack into our elections when trump said it was rigged so I have less reason to believe them"

To understand who is behind these actions you only need to see who benefits and who loses out.
Unelected Intelligence services are having their powers expanded while the elected part of your government is tearing itself apart and is being de legitimised.

Russia is not a player in this game. It is already being run by its intelligence services.

Honestly, the electoral college thing was a better argument that this nonsense.

Despite being just as stupid, at least the words 'popular vote' got people thinking about it.

This is an accurate post.

The consesus is that they used and released stolen information to influence voters. Whether or not it had a tangible effect is still speculation.

They did, at the minimum, attempt to interfere.

pls stop posting in my thread.

Or at least make a point.

Do you understand why certain information is classified and cannot be released to the public?

I don't think that you do.

Fuck off ice nigger and enjoy having the CIA/NSA even further up your ass.

Uh ok.

>Trump will end up impeached
I dunno about that but we will see.

>What is far fetched is that Russia could gather all this info and use if so clumsily.

What Russia has done is anything but clumsy. It has been used perfectly if you goal is to destabilize the US. This is a very carefully played Russian psyop. Yuri would be proud that you defend the Russians so well

So IF American Journalists hacked into the DNC and did the same thing and expose E-mails The election wouldn't be rigged?
Also don't pretend the CIA hasn't been doing this kind of shit and worse since the 1950s
>cold war
we're still doing it

Its your intelligence services. They are making a power play.

Just look at the news today they are slowly taking control of the US.

They never hacked the voting machines, I've been gone for awhile and I just got back to America, can someone quickly summarize how the Russians hacked the election. Do they mean hacking Hilary's emails and giving it to WikiLeaks. Are they talking about propoganda that other countries such as Germany and Italy did by calling Trump a monster and saying Americans are dumb if Hilary loses.

I don't believe people. I believe evidence.

The government has made a claim and produced no evidence. Until they do, it is to be assumed they are lying.

Pretty much this. The fact the intelligence community widely claims Russia was behind the Democratic Party computer hacks means Russia probably wanted them to know.

Right now, Russia is very likely hoping we move into the crisis phase. Impeachment, assassination, or widespread riots would be signs of success.

See

>2 people try to explain to you that you cant prove a negative
>S--SHUT UP!
let me explain it further
that system would lead to Guilty until proven innocent.
Prove you weren't the one who robbed the store.

Russia is a scape goat. Its also an extra level of complexity that is entirely uneeded to explain what is happening.

The most simple explanation is that your intelligence services wanted to influence the election. Both Trump and Hillary have accused them of this but that doesnt make headlines.
I wonder why.

>USA
pretty sure it's democrats and the CIA, not USA

what did they steal or damage?
>is there evidence of intrusion ?

>progressives rioting in the street
>attempt various recounts for no valid reason
>attempt to get electors to elect someone else
>attempt to stop congress from certifying election results
>democrats calling Trump an "illigetimate president"

Yeah, whose fault again is it that things have destabilized?

You're argument in a nutshell:

someone stole my shit but the door was unlocked so it's totally ok and I have no problem with it.

Classified. Do you understand why or need an explanation?

Do you think the US would take the measures it is taking if it weren't totally sure there was Russian involvement?

>someone stole my shit but the door was unlocked so it's totally ok and I have no problem with it.
No, it's more like crying foul to the public when someone broke into your house and stole your drugs and drug money... That you left in your unlocked trailer.

>Intelligence Agency:There are WMD's in Iraq
>Govt:this is clearly dangerous for a dictator who just invaded his neighbor to have let's invade!
oh look no WMDs
this is why we ask for evidence
If the CIA didn't tarnish their reputation this wouldn't be a problem

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-sexual-allegations-us-intelligence-fake-news-a7522591.html

breakingnews.ie/world/hillary-clinton-accuses-fbi-over-strange-new-emails-review-761716.html

Its almost like both the Democrats and the Rupublicans are under attack.

Don't forget Trump and his cabinet picks
reuters.com/article/us-usa-russia-cyber-idUSKBN14S0O6

>Do you think the US would take the measures it is taking if it weren't totally sure there was Russian involvement?
Like when Obama went on television and said that Assad had used sarin gas against his own people... And that turned out to be completely false?

CIA stops posting in his own thread because the finger is being pointed at his organization.

lol

/thread

>IT'S OK BECAUSE THEY EXPOSED CORRUPTION IN THE PARTY I DONT LIKE AND ALSO THE CIA HAS DONE IT SO LOL IM FINE WITH IT GJ RUSSIA THANKS FRIEND

Nobody is talking about voting machines. It was a propaganda effort basically.

They managed to gain access to some information and used it to further destabilize the US.

Well the evidence is classified so who do you believe?

>Kid steals a cookie
>Did you do it?
>No
What do you think? Of course they hacked it

>No proof from them either
OH, WHAT A IDIOT.
It's not working like that.

>>IT'S OK BECAUSE THEY EXPOSED CORRUPTION IN THE PARTY I DONT LIKE AND ALSO THE CIA HAS DONE IT SO LOL IM FINE WITH IT GJ RUSSIA THANKS FRIEND
>IT'S OK BECAUSE THEY EXPOSED CORRUPTION

It's up to America to prove their claims that Russia "hacked" their elections.

Right now, those claims are very hard to take seriously when the people making them were the same people telling Trump the election wasn't rigged when they thought Hillary would win and he'd lose. It's also very hard to believe the claim when Wikileaks denies it.

But ultimately, does it matter? The elections wasn't "hacked:" the truth was released. It was truth that killed Hillary's run for presidency. Whether it was Russia or someone else, the facts remain the same.

Content over context. As an American, I am not happy about the fact that our government can compile everything about every one of its stupid citizens but can't prevent some simple political party hacks. Then, I'm also glad for the information, because it kept my girlfriend from voting for Hillary cause of "muh vagina."

Considering how Trump now even says Russia was behind the cyber attacks on the DNC, i think its pretty safe to say they were done by the russians

Kill yourself

I woulld rather be ruled by a Russian tyrant than a nigger king who failed at literally everything he teied in 8 years but half the country still dick rides him because he can say compelte sentences when reading from a teleprompter.

>I woulld rather be ruled by a Russian tyrant than a nigger king

You hate black people so much you rather be ruled by Russian despot than Obama?

Get a load of this guy. He wants to be "ruled" over

russian despot? What?
since when he's despot?

Why don't we just give Russia access to all US information then? I'm sure that would be great.

Operation Avarice and stop straw manning.

So you trust Putin more than Obama and Trump?

It works exactly like that when the proof is classified bear fucker.

Yes I'm sure their goal was to expose corruption in the Democratic Party.

Russia is such a selfless and philanthropic country that is simply looking out for the best interests of US citizens.

Evidence when?Evidence when?Evidence when?Evidence when?Evidence when?Evidence when?

Get your head out of your ass, Ivan. Then you'll see what your government is

Burden of proof lies on the accuser. If the US government says Russia used cyber attacks to meddle in our election, it's their responsibility to back up that claim with proof.

>it's their responsibility to back up that claim with proof.
They have, it has been shared with your elected representatives. Congress, specifically, the gang of eight is investigation the russian hack,psyop, and ties to the Trump camp.

Have you not been paying attention?

This is pretty much my stance. I'm happy the Dems lost but at the same time we can't allow shit like this to happen.

Get out of my country you fucking bottom feeding traitor piece of shit.

Prove it to the American public.
"Just trust us, Goy" doesnt cut it.

>It works exactly like that when the proof is classified bear fucker.
WHAT? Go fuck your shitty school jouristic education or shut the fuck up.
"The burden of proof is on the one who declares, not on one who denies" - Presumption of innocence. That is how it works
YOURE STUPID IDIOT KINGNIGGERFUCKER

>Russia is such a selfless and philanthropic country that is simply looking out for the best interests of US citizens.
Of course they weren't. What is with you and extremities in a situation.
Russia obviously released info on Hillary because she's bad for them. And that's not really something you need to think hard about considering she kept accusing them over everything meanwhile Trump showed no such warmongering tendencies.

>info is classified
That's a nice excuse. Things can't remain classified when you're throwing out wild accusations in the international arena m8.

The evidence is weak as fuck.

See pic

>/thread
No. And I love how an ex-KGB officer has layed out for you the exact plan that the Neo-Liberal Cultural Marxists will use, and you still fell for it. Top kek
Those who do not know history are doomed to repeat it I suppose!

>IT'S OK BECAUSE THEY EXPOSED CORRUPTION IN THE PARTY I DONT LIKE AND ALSO THE CIA HAS DONE IT SO LOL IM FINE WITH IT GJ RUSSIA THANKS FRIEND

Literally yes. Thanks, Russia (assuming it was even them [it wasnt]). Just because you say it with a negative, autistic connotation doesn't make it so.

>Nobody is talking about voting machines. It was a propaganda effort basically.

Russian 'propoganda': True, authentic information detailing crimes of the party and their candidate and letting them speak for themselves *gasp*.
Promotes: American nationalism & pride, stronger borders, and no importing terrorists as a consequence. Hmmm... What's wrong with this?

>Well the evidence is classified so who do you believe?

No CIA shill, you are just full of shit.

The US is not a direct democracy. Your elected representatives have the proof and are acting on it. That is how the republic works. Why do you not trust congress?

I guess they'd rather believe their President-Elect than some low level random shmucks then.

>Why do you not trust congress?
Congress has proven themselves untrustworthy in situations like this (IRAQ HAS WMDs GUYS! WE NEED TO KILL THOUSANDS OF OUR OWN CITIZENS AND SPEND TRILLIONS ON THIS FAULTY INTELLIGENCE!)
That combined with their dismaly low approval ratings, I'd rather draw my own conclusions.