Automation of workforce

Why are liberals so obsessed with automization? So you're telling me that we'll be workless in the future and that people who promote factory workers are naive? Youre telling me that we cant just keep workers and say its because it helps promote a middle class structure. Why am i being forcefed this future where I must be in vr all time time, standing in a ten foot apartment?

Other urls found in this thread:

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-03/for-cheapest-power-on-earth-look-skyward-as-coal-falls-to-solar
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-15/world-energy-hits-a-turning-point-solar-that-s-cheaper-than-wind
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_farming#Increased_crop_production
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Are liberals really obsessed with automation? i mean if the automation thing gets sorted then theres practically no reason to have immigrants which is something they rabidly fight for.

Probably what Japan is going all in on for example.

it's an excuse for them to say we need gommunism now and how it will totally work this time. they often start threads like this with skepticism and then go like YES WE NEED IT NOW DURR

If western men could produce a functioning pair of testicles there'd be no need for immigrants either 2bh famalam desu senpai

So you replace a cook and a griddle with a $5,000 robot and a not-a-cook worker to replace the pancake mix and mop the floor at night? It's like more expensive with less efficiency. Not to mention, what happens when all of the unemployed people just show up and destroy the place?

>Why are liberals so obsessed with automization?
here in the previously commie land we call them useful idiots

Because liberals are r-strategists and r-strategists seek the specter of free resources.

You ever seen an r-strategist talk about UBI? They basically pop a boner thinking about someone handing them a sack of money simply because they exist. It's disgusting.

My testicular health is fine, i am only lacking a fucking foreskin thanks to jews.

Support foregen today and you ge a dead mans dick skin tailor made for you AND you push the field of regenerative medicine.

If this happens growing you a new heart or kidney is just around the corner. You could have your dick un goyed and see 120 easy.

That's more to do with time preference because western men are having children but the ones having 5,6 or even 20 kids are not western white males.
We try to have the resources raise children in happy healthy homes with their needs being provided for.

>So you're telling me that we'll be workless in the future and that people who promote factory workers are naive?

Absolutely. If a robot can do the work there is zero reason that a human should do the work UNLESS the work satisfies the human, such as gardening or playing music.

>Why am i being forcefed this future where I must be in vr all time time, standing in a ten foot apartment?
Watch Star Trek TNG, that is our future, mate.

>So you're telling me that we'll be workless in the future and that people who promote factory workers are naive?
Yes because most factory jobs are low-skill jobs, which are easy as fuck to replace with machines. (See: The Auto Industry)
>Youre telling me that we cant just keep workers and say its because it helps promote a middle class structure.
Why would companies pay people fuck huge wages if they can get machines to do those same jobs cheaper, faster, and more efficiently?
>Why am i being forcefed this future where I must be in vr all time time, standing in a ten foot apartment?
Because you were born in an industrialized first world nation. Dont like it? Move to the middle east, they hate technology there.

Long term, automation could mean the end of work for humanity.

Too bad (((industrialists))) will steer it away from that.

So uneducated rednecks like you will get fucked in the ass.

Fucking luddite peasants against human progress.

ITT: hillbillys against machines

should have made your major lads

robots are replacing some stuff, but they wont take every fucking job;

They arent as cheap as you think, and wont pay themselves in many low profit functions. There is also maintenance and energy costs, which might make them match a physical worker in many cases.

Liberals want to shift any and all responsibility to someone else. They let the government or hollywood tell them what to think and do with their money. They don't even want to be responsible for their own safety, which is why they want to ban guns. It's no surprise that they want robots to do everything else for them.

What will actually replace jobs are immigrants and cybernetics as well as genemodded designer humans

I'm a technocrat-liberal and I will explain this to all you in simple words so you can understand: we want to kill the working class on every 1st world country in the next 15 years. The reason is simple. The working class is bad for our economy: they are just too stupid, too lazy, and close to useless. They are also expensive because of their terrible health habits. They also stop our technological progress because we have, at least until recently, to take our time and effort to provide them simple jobs that can be easily replaced by bots. They also make terrible political decisions, like voting for Trump, which will be pretty bad macro-economically and also stop the scientific progress for at least a few years.
I currently work for Alphabet as a ML researcher btw. Ask me anything if you want.

Are you handled by the Bogdanoff clan?

The same reason why they were obcessed with industrial revolution. They think that they are enlighted

>They arent as cheap as you think
haha this is just incorrect, let me give you an example: what do you think is cheaper, to develop and produce a smartphone OR to build a bot that flip burgers? Then why do you think we have humans cooking on every Burger King?...

>I currently work for Alphabet as a ML researcher btw.

Hello Pajeet. Trump will cancel your H1B and send you back and there's nothing you or your cuck friends can do about it.

The robots are a one-time cost. They don't need days off, they don't require breaks, and they don't spit in the food.

Even with servicing costs and the electricity needed it's cheaper than hiring minimum wage workers.

Rich investors don't want to hire people. They want as few employees, so they can get more returns on their investments.

Products made by robots will need to have high tariffs, at least until we can figure out what to do with a huge population (space colonization, for example)

No.
My manager already told me that I don't need to be worried about that, so I will not. Next question?

But what are you going to do?

Make robots and teach them to be queer?

>pretty bad macro-economically

I don't know, if he follow up the "remove 2 regulations to every new one", the easiness of doing business can even out or even outnumber the retardness of "american only products" which will increase the living cost and decrease the productivity and innovation.

What else does your manager tell you to do? Poo in loo?

If the robots cost only $5k, there's no way the restaurants wouldn't use them. You would make your money back in two months immediately--plus it cuts down their insurance premiums by not having humans. Problem is those robots don't exist yet and would probably cost around $100k-$1M, esp. the first generation.

Food preparation is a small part of the economy. The first to go will be the jobs that beaners do like fruit picking or cutting grass (think a Roomba for the lawn).

Why you ask, are you scared of being replaced?

Next question.

Liberals are always "for progress" this means they constantly want to change things for better or for worse. Obama's last speech he said it's a job that'll never be finished.

>My manager already told me that I don't need to be worried about that

POO

>posts on 4chins
>outs himself as poo

good job m8, now every argument you will make will be met with "poo in loo"

Because literally everything they have is served to them on a platter.... by a crumby low-life Trump supporter!

>Why are liberals so obsessed with automization
>liberals

You do realize what your soon to be secretary of work wants to achieve, right? Dumb as fuck murrican.

No. I plan on building the robots

Ad hominem, so common between the blue-collar class. It's such a shame that you can't say anything else aside of stupid and useless insults.

What do you even do? Get coffee for the white man? Answer phones?

Because eventually the buck stops, and inefficient policies must be adjusted.

But if you change the game, and things become infinitely productive, then you can have infinitely inefficient policies.

>Cut child support for anyone over three kids etc... births rate drops
>Then cut immigration by requiring state recognized diplomas for entry
>With those two population growth is stunted, even maybe reversed

>Use saved taxes to unfrog/expand education.
>In just a few generations and riot-triggered culling you raise average education,
>allowing a large part of your population to oversee the automated production centres
>Centres that developed roughly along the same timeline, since only the big companies can afford to switch at first

But I'm a leaf what do I know

>pic unrelated I just wanted your attention

>Youre telling me that we cant just keep workers and say its because it helps promote a middle class structure.

Why would you intentionally pay people for work you don't need? You're free as a business owner to do that, but that's pretty fucking inane. It would make more sense to accept the reality that human beings are no longer the right choice for manual labor and to either hire them for things they provide that robots don't or, assuming the day will come when robots can do anything a human being can, coming up with a basic universal income scheme so you don't have everyone starving to death from a lack of jobs.

He writes shitty spaghetti Java code that his white co-workers have to clean up later, but to his employer, it's still worth it to have him than pay another white worker to take his place. He's well familiar with the economics of trading off the inferiority of substitutes with its lower cost for higher profit.

Lets say min wage is 1000$
In five month you start gaining money from robot
Maintenance is generally tri annual for industrial robots, You STILL gain in the first year
Even if it costs you 2000$ every time, and it never will. You STILL gain in the first year

There is no cost in any way that will make a cook cheaper than a bot.
The only reason to get a cook is to put it on your flyers to try and steal some customer from other, cheaper, businesses

>assuming the day will come when robots can do anything a human being can, coming up with a basic universal income scheme so you don't have everyone starving to death from a lack of jobs

I think the problem with that scenario is that it overlooks the fact that lower class people are the main consumers who keep the economy going. Most people who eat at McDonald's for example work jobs that are just as automate-able as a McD's job. The effect of automating all the blue collar jobs would be to eliminate the customer base for many of those companies. On a macro level, it would eventually lead to a massive economic depression for all people including the 1%ers.

I don't buy into this though. I think we're more likely to experience a return to agrarian civilization as oil runs out. Blue collar wageslave jobs are here to stay, white collar ones are the ones which will disappear.

Having to work for a living is cuckery. Animals don't work - they steal what they want something. If a society deals me a hand which is worse than the hand nature dealt me, why should I respect it's laws?

Automization allows me to get the benefits of society without the detriments - being poor in a workless society at least gives me unlimited free time. UBI is the icing on the cake, and would enable me to spend all day on 3D printing and genetic engineering. Alaska already gives out UBI, and they voted Trump.

Automization is authentic progressivism.

I work very little, and spend my free time in the woods on the internet. You can do anything you want with your free time.

This. Conservatives need to back automization because it assures that no immigrants will ever be brought in. And UBI enables women to be stat at home moms, which is another component to the destruction of our society which everyone ignores.

The Nazis paid single German women to be mothers - we need to do the same.

>reminder that this is a mislabeled 2004 tsunami map and people should stop posting it

Nice digits.

They want a excuse for UBI.

Well it's already happening. The McDonalds near me employs 2 workers who feed machines supplies to cook and build the burgers. All companies will be going this way eventually and the government really needs to think about a solution to the incoming unemployment. Should we introduce a universal welfare to every citizen? Eventually the entire workforce will be automated and it will be the government that supports the American buying power through handouts. But at that point a currency doesn't really matter anyways. Marx didn't see this coming

>Alaska already gives out UBI
nigga, they give out 1000 dollars per year from the sale of state assets

Basic income would have to be handled on a state level first flipping resources within its geopolitical borders.

We will never move to a globalized currency because that would mean capitalistically that those capable to establish larger acquisitions will bring us right back to class warfare.

>I don't buy into this though. I think we're more likely to experience a return to agrarian civilization as oil runs out

Solar is already cheaper than any alternative;

>bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-01-03/for-cheapest-power-on-earth-look-skyward-as-coal-falls-to-solar
>bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-15/world-energy-hits-a-turning-point-solar-that-s-cheaper-than-wind

And when we automate agriculture, we're going to do it with vertical farming, which promises an increase in the total mass produced;

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vertical_farming#Increased_crop_production
>Unlike traditional farming in non-tropical areas, indoor farming can produce crops year-round. All-season farming multiplies the productivity of the farmed surface by a factor of 4 to 6 depending on the crop. With some crops, such as strawberries, the factor may be as high as 30.
>Furthermore, as the crops would be sold in the same infrastructures in which they are grown, they will not need to be transported between production and sale, resulting in less spoilage, infestation, and energy required than conventional farming encounters. Research has shown that 30% of harvested crops are wasted due to spoilage and infestation

Read 'The Singularity is Near,' by Ray Kurzweil. Our goal at the moment is to co-opt the Singularity, and prevent it from being used to turn us into cucks.

>(((Ray Kurzweil)))

Yes goy you don't have to work or try to become successful because our computers will do it for you, just wait and let us take care of you hehehe