Emoluments Clause and Trump's businesses

Libs keep bringing this up, is this actually a big deal? It says the president can receive emoluments with the consent of congress doesn't it? Does anyone think the gop congress wouldn't consent to this?

>Libs keep bringing this up, is this actually a big deal?

no. i don't even need to read the rest of the statement to tell you that it is a definitive no.

>i don't even need to read

and lo, this is how Trump got elected.

Yes it's an enormous deal and will lead to unprecedented levels of corruption in the office of the American Presidency, congrats Trumpettes, you really fucked up.

As far as I know Trump hasn't accepted a Knighthood or a Lordship or anything. Regardless even if he had some title from a foreign land he wasn't holding any office at the time

Which Kings, Princes and foreign states are giving him payments?

it's not about the titles dummy it's about the fact he still technically owns all his businesses even if his kids run them and foreign leaders can appease him by helping grow those businesses, fuck this board is so stupid

Libs don't want us to call him God Emperor.

>unprecedented levels of corruption
>Someone paying market value to stay at a hotel
Lmao

i found the triggered little bitch everybody lmao.

donald trump is the 45th POTUS and there is nothing you can do about it. how does that make you feel, whiny little bitch?

So what, should he disown his kids, change his name, and sell everything he owns? God forbid we have a leader who isn't a total fucking failure in every aspect of life

>he still technically owns all his businesses

Wrong. He technically does not.

And where does it say Trump needs to take a vow of poverty to be POTUS? This is a another losing argument for demoncraps.

I'm pretty sure the GOPe congress wouldn't consent to this, but I also don't foresee it even being a legitimate issue. That doesn't mean that the press won't keep bringing it up for the next 8 years though.

I like how Donald Trump's affairs are out in the open. No more shady Clinton Foundation deals! We'll be able to detect anything.

Donald Trump would have to be an idiot to run for president as a way to make money. Terrible RoI and no way to make it secretly work.

Only "Drumpf" morons think this is a problem. But maybe they're better off underestimating Donald Trump so stays two steps ahead.

ohhh no, that sucks

>i don't even need to read

>and lo, this is how Trump got elected.

>he still technically owns all his businesses.
lmao y u lying tho?

As far as the money itself, disregarding that it is his kids getting the money - that money would be coming from citizens of those places. Not the royalty of the State or the State itself.

Also, no, that's not what it says. Read it again.

>read clause
>realize Obama receiving the Nobel Peace Prize for nothing but being a black president is actually illegal

Palindrome of

T H O T H
H
O
T
H

>"Trump's gonna make deals with foreign nations! He's just a greedy businessman!"
>Meanwhile the Clinton Foundation accepts millions of dollars from middle-eastern nations directly allied with ISIS for arms deals.

Indeed.

shut up with your header btw

Kek and Thoth have blessed this thread!

The Nobel committee isn't a king, prince, or foreign state. t. DOJ

>lmao y u lying tho?
>He doesn't know the legal binding power of a contract
Top kek, when did the b8 get here?

>t. DOJ

yeah they always do such a great job evenly applying the law

The clause doesn't even apply to the president.

What did he mean by this?

Emoluments doesn't apply to revenues from business operation. It applies to gifts.