What was the problem with Obamacare

Why did people dislike Obamacare so much? I'm not trolling, I actually want to know. It's really difficult to find non-mainstream perspectives on the law via google

I don't know much about it honestly.

I know it was a fucking massive law (like over 1000 pages) and apparently health care rates are going through the roof.

People whose opinion I trust think it's shit and I just defer to their opinion basically.

>force medical insurance companies to offer cheap coverage
>small medical insurance companies go bankrupt
>big insurance companies now have a monopoly
>they begin to charge more for less coverage from regular people that don't get the cheap plans
>if you don't have insurance, you have to pay a fine

It's kinda what I understood from it, but I may be very wrong

Mandate forcing you to sign up is a big one, muh freedom, muh big government, etc.

Retarded public figures like Sarah Palin making up lies that obamacare would create "death panels" in which government workers would put the sick and elderly to death to save money. Similarly retarded citizens bought into this without doing a shred of research and started yelling at their representatives about not letting big government kill grandma,

Last one was simply that Obama did it and by god do conservatives hate him. Being black didn't help this.

Witnessed

Shit ton of new paperwork for doctors and nurses to fill out coupled with rising healthcare costs and a fine on those without healthcare. All in all it it provided much needed healthcare for people who couldn't afford it nor will be likely to afford it. If republicans really cared they would have formulated a replacement system but nope.

All my health care prices went up 2000 dollars a month.

It's bad

Poor people got a(nother) handout at the expense of the middle class. Insurance costs went up for everyone paying in and quality of care went down.

For me personally it means
>I still don't have healthcare (because the basic plan is outrageously expensive and covers absolutely fucking nothing)
>I have to pay a big fine for not having healthcare, but it's still a lot cheaper than having it.

Didn't Obama pass it without anyone reading it.

breddy benis

mostly the fact it was UN-afforadable, everybody's premiums were skyrocketing so insurance company CEOs could buy golden yachts, and it was focused more on hiring new IRS agents to enforce the totally-not-a-tax tax instead of investing in overhauling/modernizing medical record-keeping (GO AFTER THE FRAUDSTERS WHO COST BILLIONS A YEAR) and invest in training more doctors/nurses.

it was a big fat gib to the big pharma companies who were big Obama donors.

In Arizona, Obama care is not affordable. It's expensive. Also, all prescription drug prices have gone way up.

you a poor person or student? great, you get free health insurance!!!!

you a rich person? crap, your insurance rates and deductible went up, you're a little less rich.

you working class? crap, your insurance is now un-affordable.

It is a stop gap measure. The health care system before the ACA was failing, to many Americans didn't have insurance but were required by law to get service at a hospital. The ACA attempted to correct this while maintaining the insurance industry. It requires everyone to get insurance and provided subsidies to help pay.

The problem is that the way it is designed will cause it to self destruct. What the US needs is a single payer system. Any rollback of the ACA is only going to accelerate the collapse of the healthcare system as removing it does not address the systemic issues that were always present.

The whole premise was that it was going to be cheaper and everyone would be insured, thus saving us money in the long run without having to deal with the costs of supplying medical services to the uninsured, which the tax payer ends up footing anyways. Turns out it's way more expensive for 85% of the population, most people lost coverage and had to pay more. Fucking insurance companies have hiked up prices on everything. Oh... and of course McDonald's and Walmart aren't required to supply insurance options to employees.

Also, Obama blatantly lied to the American public.

>Obama blatantly lied to the American public.
You are not wrong but we have entered a period in American history where the people want to be lied to. Nearly everyone does not want to have a discussion on the difficult problems we face. People want a bumper sticker solution, they want to feel good then go back to ignoring reality.

We are getting to the point where the national narratives, both red and blue, no longer reflect reality and the system is going to collapse unless something is done, and fast.

>We are getting to the point where the national narratives, both red and blue, no longer reflect reality and the system is going to collapse unless something is done, and fast.

Yea that's true, if there weren't playing so many behind the scenes games it wouldn't be so fucked. The Boomers were so unengaged that they allowed complete and utter nonsense to take hold.

>Not everyone wants to have a discussion on difficult problems
what a bunch of faggots

season 3 when?

Hopefully soon, brother.

Obama Care forced workers to either purchase their employers health care plan or to pay a huge fine/tax if they do not.

Some people who live healthy lives and don't need health care, are mandated by Obama Care to pay a lot of money from their pay cheques to support other people. Paying for a service you would have otherwise not used or needed because the government forces you.

If Obama Care did not exist, I would easily be significantly richer for not having to pay for health care. I would be happier.

>Some people who live healthy lives and don't need health care, are mandated by Obama Care to pay a lot of money from their pay cheques to support other people

That is how insurance works. Not to defend the crap that is Obama care but we as a society have decided that people should not die in the street for lack of insurance. The US needs a single payer system that everyone contributes by way of taxes.

The ACA was a shit private/public solution that is only feeding money to the insurance companies. Without a single payer the health care system will collapse. The ACA just put our old system on life support but it is still failing

He passed it because it was the only way to know what was in it.

Agreed 100%

In this capitialist country, it would have made more sense and have been more economical if Obama Care-or any other kind of Social Security baby boomer concept, would have been an option to Opt into without being forced to still pay for it if you do not use it.

If you Opt into it, you may use its services. Those that do not Opt into it, cannot but will have more freedom with their dollar to spend it in their communities/markets to strengthen the economy. You should never ever be forced to pay for someone elses' things or lively hood.

We are not communists. If they are dead weight, than let natural selection continue what it has been doing for billions of years.

We already have medicare which requires everyone in this country, by force, to pay for the medical care of others. It is a settles decision. The easiest method would just be to do medicare for all.

Americans would not tolerate hospitals refusing to treat people and letting people die because they are unable to pay. The only argument left is what is the best way to pay for service. A simple tax to provide single payer healthcare would be the most efficient.

You can still allow for private clinics and private insurance if you wan't more expensive or quicker care.

Actually never. I'm so smart a businessman because I lose money on the stock market traded away the rights for more or less nothing.

~

ACA is a failure because it forces people to buy a private for profit company's product while at the same time putting no limits on the price but mandating a set profile of services.

In short this was a windfall for the insurance industry at the expense of the middle class.

>You should never ever be forced to pay for someone elses' things or lively hood.
Even if it lower your cost by half?