Christian Denominations

Sup Forums, what Christian denomination is the best? I'm Christian, but don't know which one to pick.

Other urls found in this thread:

selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=christiandenom
virtueonline.org/heresies-episcopal-presiding-bishop-katharine-jefferts-schori).
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-6FfTxwTX34
youtube.com/watch?v=Eosq-0NBf6M
youtu.be/PxpPQZWwqq0
pcaac.org/church-search/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hussite
/thread

"John said to Jesus, “Teacher, we saw someone using your name to cast out demons, but we told him to stop because he wasn’t in our group.”

“Don’t stop him!” Jesus said. “No one who performs a miracle in my name will soon be able to speak evil of me. Anyone who is not against us is for us. If anyone gives you even a cup of water because you belong to the Messiah, I tell you the truth, that person will surely be rewarded.

“But if you cause one of these little ones who trusts in me to fall into sin, it would be better for you to be thrown into the sea with a large millstone hung around your neck."
>Mark 9

Copts

Also, if you could say why, that'd be great too.

selectsmart.com/FREE/select.php?client=christiandenom

Orthodox

This, fucking hell. Denominations are mostly political and cultural. At the end of the day Christian heresy spawned from all denomination.

Non-denominational protestant. Ideally a church with "bible" in the name.

Lutheran. All others are heretics.

According to the quiz i belong to unity church

Anything is better than United Church of Christ, Episcopalian, and United Methodist.

None of these churches believe anymore, and are more concerned with appearances in liberal circles than faith, Avoid these three will lead to a better Chrisitan.

That being said there are remnants in each that are still good, but it will slowly erode over time into a milk warm Unitarian sludge that might as well be dinner theater of bad renditions of Broadway.. Just don't be fooled.

However, the Episcopalian Church will however be eventually replaced by the superior North American Anglicans in the Anglican Communion due to sheer incompetence of the former Presiding Bishop Katharine Jefferts Schori (virtueonline.org/heresies-episcopal-presiding-bishop-katharine-jefferts-schori).

In short, avoid these three.

Denominations are degenerate symptoms of human pride and arrogance

You are Christian

That is it

Different denominations have different interpretations of the Bible though. To phrase my question differently, which denomination has the most Biblical evidence backing it?

Definitely not any of the following:
>catholic: please leave the thinking to the leadership
>mormon: please don't think at all, just believe our crazy cult
>episcopal: please don't argue with the crowd of angry lesbians guiding our theology. Also bible? Lolwtf no.
>jehovas witnesses: our bizarre interpretations will satisfy your deep seated need to disagree arrogantly with everyone else

Non-Denominational.

Judiasm

Orthodox.
Everything else is just a cheap imitation of Christianity.

Standard protestant "bible" church generally, but look up the statements of faith for every church in your city.

Only LCMS, bruh.

Wait. That makes it sound like I'm saying LCMS is the only heretical one. That's not what I mean. LCMS is the only worthwhile denokination.

see

Check out either Catholicism or Orthodoxy.

Only ancient churches should be on your radar.

>Roman Catholic
>ancient

Nah. Ancient churches are loaded with traditions and teachings that don't have anything to do with Jesus but are inviolable to them because that's what they've always believed or done. Like priestly celibacy or salvation by works.

"Non-denominational" is a denomination, as much as you don't want it to be.

Sola scriptural is a lie.

Forget denominations and find a church that goes by the book, the name adjective in front of the word church on the sign does not matter. Just follow the Bible above all else

This.

>priestly celibacy
A RCC innovation
>or salvation by works
Excuse me? 1 Corinthians 13.
Salvation is a path, thanks be to God. We are not saved through works, just as we are not saved by faith alone, Luther-sama. Through God's Grace we are *able to be* saved, but we must strive for His mercy and Love. It isn't just "believe and be saved". Even the Devil and Muslims believes in God, even though the latter worship the former.

>Disregard for Holy Tradition
Good job disregarding Scripture itself (Canon) and the Apostles.

Any church that has non biblical customs such as hierarchy or praying to saints or special attire for the leaders or golden chalices are heresy, Presbyterian, Catholicism, and others. Seriously just read your bible and you can clearly see what churches hold non biblical values to a standard

Sola scriptura is the only approach that makes sense. It's 100% true.

Stay away from the catholic Jew

this pic is an argument that either Protestantism is superior or God is a sadistic troll

Are you me? I'm trying to pick a denom to baptize my daughter. I grew up Congregationalist (Dissenters), but my was was Catholic. So, was my Dad, so it's not out of the question.

Episcopalian/Anglican seems like the best compromise. Maybe Presbyterians.

Inb4 Pozzed... They're ALL utterly pozzed, but the Episcopalians have all the tradition without the proles.

Reformed Presbyterian following the Westminster Standards. They are the only people who follow the Bible for what it truly is and doesn't give in to liberal compromise. Has strong enforcement of gender roles and pretty much everyone who follows it is pretty based. Especially when you get into the doctrine of Theonomy. I strongly encourage you to look into it!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-6FfTxwTX34 The pope encourages tolerance of other faiths which is blasphemy by proxy

>Protestant
>Ancient

Give me a break.

I agree with you on celibacy and I am leaning more towards joining the Orthodox Church right now anyways but I have been to many Catholic masses and they are leagues above Protestant services.

Also, on works: James 2:17 reminds us that "faith of itself, if it does not have work, is dead." In verse 24 James says, "See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone." And later: "For just as a body without a spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead" (2:26).

Don't just listen to Protestant propaganda. Be sure to read the arguments and justification.

Mormon

But they are all bullshit

Jesus used meme magic to meme a religion he learned about at the mystery schools in Egypt

Praise Kek

This.
Catholic church is the anti-christ

I was an Old-Catholic, but I became protestant an eventually got baptized in a Seventh Day Adventist Church. No other church would suffice for me momentarely.

Of all the churches that I have seen, this church is the one where I believe that God is fighting for the hearts of his people.

I love it.

Are you sure you mean Presbyterian? They were Scottish Calvinists. Not mich for hierarchy.

Traditionalist, sedevacantist Roman Catholicism! The current pope is a cuck, but don't let that turn you away from the best denomination.

I apologize, I mentioned Presbyterian because of some specific instances where they've had lesbian priests and transgender and gay marriages. May not be the whole church

That literally transposed protestant and catholic. If you don't believe me, answer me which church adds thousands of books, decrees, documents and teachings to the simple truths the apostles taught. And getting to heaven isn't a maze per the gospel of john, it's easy as pie.

>non biblical customs such as hierarchy or praying to saints or special attire for the leaders or golden chalices are heresy,

Hierarchy like the Apostles establishing Churches and setting up Bishops? That's Biblical.

>Praying to Saints? We pray to Christ, we ask Saints to pray on our behalf as an intercession. Wouldn't you ask a tutor for help on a subject rather than some random user who knows next to nothing? Same idea, and Biblical.

How about you talk with an Orthodox priest instead of spewing nonsense.

>>or salvation by works
>Excuse me? 1 Corinthians 13.

Literally irrelevant to a discussion of how to be saved. That's how to live as a Christian. The whole gospel of john is about how to be saved, ant it is repeated over and over that it is by faith alone. John 3.16 bra.

Unless you are of a heritage that practices Orthodoxy, you might as well become an Odinist. Looking-into-the-Orthodox-Church is an Alt-Right meme.

"Believe on the Lord Jesus christ and you shall be saved."

Sound easy? It is. Who makes it complicated? People who want your money.

I'm sure they do, sadly. But they don't do hierarchy. You may be thinking of the Episcopalians (even more sadly [see my earlier post]). I think they're on the verge of ordaining a cat.

>Literally irrelevant to a discussion of how to be saved. That's how to live as a Christian. The whole gospel of john is about how to be saved, ant it is repeated over and over that it is by faith alone. John 3.16 bra.

>living a Christian life
>not the path to attain Salvation

Get a load of this heretic

Oy vey goyum, pay your indulgences! Buy our rosary beads! You'll never get to heaven if you don't purchase our 12 karrot crucifix!

post christian sovereign individual

>Also, on works: James 2:17 reminds us that "faith of itself, if it does not have work, is dead." In verse 24 James says, "See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone." And later: "For just as a body without a spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead" (2:26

James is about living a christian life. The whole point of adoption is that no matter how bad you screw up, your position in the family is permanent. James shows that you will be disciplined or lose rewards if you do no works, but salvation isn't a reward for works and cannot be lost. Also the justification of James is before men, not god.

>ordaining a cat
Kek'd, heresy is a shame. How blind can one be?

There's no guarantee in any of the three loaves. The Bible itself says all will succumb to corruption. Something about bread and levining I can't remember.

But elements of each will form the 'remnant' Church in the end times as the trash is removed.

Just decide what inspires you to seek Christ--tradition, philosophy, or community--and choose Orthodoxy, Catholicism or Protestantism accordingly.

There is no path to obtaining eternal salvation. The entire book of galatians is a tirade against those that say you are saved by works. Do you or did you believe in christ? You are saved. John 3.16. There is a lot more after that, but not about eternal salvation.

coddling queers, pedophiles and psychopaths from day 1.

Independent Fundamental Baptists, but any church that believes and follows what the Bible says should be okay, too.

t. faggot

That was a joke, btw.

this one
youtube.com/watch?v=Eosq-0NBf6M

I have been going to an Orthodox Church and considering joining.

Today my priest gave a sermon on racial reconciliation. I don't think I want to go anymore.

It is wrong to ask someone to pray for you? Maybe someone in heaven has stronger prayers than someone here on earth.

But that would imply that others hear our prayers than Christ, which is heretical

I'm aware lol

>be greek-catholic (meme branch of christianity created by polacks some time ago
>half of my family is orthodox
>half of my family is catholic
>celebrate Christmas twice
its the only way

youtu.be/PxpPQZWwqq0

Only yourself can answer that, you simply dont choose a religion becouse someone else tell you that.

/thread

butthurt protestants

Yes, because the disciples specifically asked jesus how to pray, and he specifically told them to pray to the father.

I hardly see how this is much worse than spending a few generations butt-fucking poor young Irish boys.

In case anyone's wondering how the hell tradionalist Ireland *voted* to legalize gay marriage, see my previous sentence.

kek, similar here
>half of my family is lutheran
>half of my family is catholic
>calling each other heretic is a family program

Underrated post!

based hungary

i could answer factually but such enlightenment here is like casting diamonds into sewage

fuck you all

And now I suspect Hillary is whore of Babylon

The title Vicar of Christ is non canonical, praying to Mary is heresy and non canonical, indulgences and rosary beads are non canonical, papal infallibility is heretical and at times blasphemous which is clearly wrong, the apocrypha was separate from the Bible until the council of Trent (if anyone adds to or takes away from these books they shall suffer the same fate of a blasphemer) how do you people honestly justify your crazy traditions especially when the Catholic Church is referred to as a she, and fully fits the description of the Whore of Babylon in Tevelation 17:4? It's WORD FOR WORD accurate

Kek'd and checked

>wanting to become Christian
>being ethnocentric
Go be a Muslim if you want some false religion junk.

All of them

The Old Testament clearly points out attributes that belong to groups of people simply because of their genetic lineage

sodomite pls

>But that would imply that others hear our prayers than Christ, which is heretical
Who do you hear pray at your family dinner table? What happens when you pray on someone else's behalf at their request?

>Asking someone for help in prayer
>praying to them like they're Christ
Not the same thing. Drop the pride and go speak to an Orthodox monastic that has devoted themselves to prayer. Or, read the Church Fathers on the topic.

Not bad :D

this

Catholicism is obviously the best. They have the biggest connection to science, most documents and also have a single person who is repsonsible to say what every official stance of the church is and not be some pussy "everybody is right in their own way" shit

Im Presbyterian church in ireland. best reformed denomination in america is the Presbyterian church in america (PCA).

pcaac.org/church-search/

underrated post

wtf I hate the One True Church now

That's completely different you idiot, hearing someone physically is completely different than a metaphysical being hearing us spiritually. How about you read the actual bible and pay no attention to the words of men and the world? Not from the Bible, not an argument.

The one that is most consistent with the Bible : Jehovah's witnesses.

Please be meming oh god you're gonna get shit from both sides

4th century frauds of Constantine

Haha, I'm used to it.

How do you think the Holy Bible was compiled? How many centuries went by before it was affirmed? Better yet, how do you think it was affirmed?
Oh, right, Holy Tradition, something you're actively against because you're proud and think you know what is best.

Move to Belize and become a Mennonite.
>Hates fags
>Hates browns
>Hates mixing
>Conservative
>Successful
>Free QT German waifu

>French JW
I remember you. Why don't you believe Christ is God incarnate, God's Word made flesh? Without that absolute belief, one isn't a Christian. Christianity is Trinitarian (God has revealed His Triune being), not Unitarian.

Sorry no. JWs use a fake translation full of errors that aligned with the founder's theology.

You're not making sense, user.