Hearing Protection Act - Contact your Representatives

CLICK THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE ARTICLE TO EMAIL YOUR CONGRESSMEN IN 10 SECONDS

nraila.org/articles/20170113/your-members-of-congress-need-to-hear-from-you-on-the-hearing-protection-act-of-2017

>The HPA would remove sound suppressors from regulation under the National Firearms Act (NFA) and treat them as ordinary firearms under the Gun Control Act of 1968 (GCA). As with other firearms, commercial manufacturers, dealers, and importers would still have to be licensed, and the items’ retail sales would be subject to the GCA’s background check and transfer form requirements.

>Currently, suppressors (misleadingly referred to as “silencers” in federal law) are subject to the NFA’s cumbersome and lengthy application process and a $200 tax stamp. Lawful purchasers can expect a raft of red tape and months of waiting. This is so, even though the devices themselves are completely harmless and very rarely used in crime.

nraila.org/articles/20170113/your-members-of-congress-need-to-hear-from-you-on-the-hearing-protection-act-of-2017

Other urls found in this thread:

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/9470238.stm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Contacted.

2017 is already shaping up to be the best current year in a long time. Hopefully my RINO congressmen don't cuck on this one.

Did it

thanks Sup Forumsacks

lets keep this thread bumped

I already sent in letters weeks ago.
This needs to happen.

>hearing protection act
>implying the bill would save people deafened by unsulressed gunshots
You fags dont need this shit and will flip when nigs get their hands on them
Saged

im gonna repost the OP from the old thread. i sniped this whole post from /k/ and its not getting any traction cause it kindsa doesnt fit Sup Forums posting for max readership. this threads gonna get pruned or bumped off

what the fuck? how is nigs muting their fucking hi-points 40 dB gonna cause a fucking problem. you are a discrace to your flag faggot

HARD BUMP

THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!

DEUS VULT!

Suppressors will always be relatively large and cumbersome. The majority of nigs end up using handguns in crimes due to concealability.
None of these fucking porch monkeys are going to put a $700 suppressor on the rusty hipoint that they keep in their pocket.

i have a hard bump if you catch my drifto fampotchi-sama san

you're an idiot

this.

dindus use cheap shitty, small, easy to conceal, "Saturday night specials" and aren't going to spend the money most of all, in addition to them being too big to conceal.

Exactly desu

I don't want it.

Plugs and cans in tandem are enough. Target shoot with a quieter gun to avoid jawbone reverb.

I do NOT want niggers to have silencers. Period.

No, do you realize what this could mean for Chicago.
Nignogs would be committing murders at triple the rate they are now.

Hey faggots what's the easiest way to set up a gun trust? That way I wouldn't have to pay a tax stamp every time I transfer a suppressor between people and shit as long as they belong to the Trust.

Do I actually have to hire a lawyer to do it?

Your average groid couldn't afford the can much less the gun he'd need to shoot it. They don't make Hi-points with threaded barrels.

I did it. Anyone skeptical of letting "silencers become legal" should do some studying.

Suppressors DO NOT sound like they do in the movies.
They are still loud. Just more bearable.

They are not illegal. Just a pain in the ass and expensive to own. The ATF takes their sweet time filling out paperwork work and can deny anyone without refunds.

I never have understood why suppressors are even regulated, its not like it makes a gun more deadly. If anything I wish more people used them, I could sit on my back porch on a sunday and it not sound like a war zone because my 3 neighbors want to target practice in their back yard. (this happens sometimes) I'm a gun owner but damn I moved to the country for it to be LESS noisy.

Thanks user, although I don't agree with a lot of the cancer rand Paul spews from his mouth he actually seems like a guy who is trying to make this country a better, more constitutional republic. I appreciate it and I appreciate you. 1488 gas the kikes race war now

>I do NOT want niggers to have silencers. Period.
Then you'd better start working on a ban on metal fucking tubes you colossal fucking idiot.
Who fucking cares what niggers do? Who cares!? They're all off in their containment zones killing each other with fucking sawn-offs and handguns, but you don't hear much about people trying to ban those completely.

Let the anti-gunners bitch, you're a fucking cuckold of the HIGHEST ORDER if you STILL think that after DECADES of trying to appease these leftist fucks that you gain anything at ALL from kowtowing to them.

Understand?

there is hope user... extenders, implants, petite girls. you still have options

>silencers make a gun more deadly

You're either no-guns or a fucking idiot.

Considering who they are usually murdering, I'm oddly unbothered by that.

im thinking both

>$700 suppressor

Wouldn't they be much cheaper if there was no regulations? I thought the large part of the cost of the bs background checks involved.

is that Ajin?

>I do NOT want niggers to have silencers
>Implying Tyrone can figure out how to swap out a barrel on a Hi-Point
>Implying Tyrone will know how to use subsonic ammo
>Implying Tryone can modify his gun to run reliably with subsonic loads
etc., etc.

Fun fact : sound suppressors were completely unregulated in France up until 2012. And there isn't a single recorded instance of anyone ever using a suppressor for a murder or any kind of crime.

hard to say... demand is continuously growing in spite of regulations. i can see demand exploding and there being a supply bottleneck for a while, which would keep prices relatively high, in spite of the current $200 application fee

$700 can easily be just the prince of the suppressor. The well made ones are really high quality precision machined pieces.

>AYYY YO HOW DIS SILENCER DON'T FIT MY PROBLEM SOLVER B?! I OTTER BUST A CAP
>Sir you need a threaded barrel for that
>A futhafukken wut?
>A threaded barrel. So it screws on.
>SHEEEEEEEEEET
>How much fo onna them?
>Depends. Around $100-$200 or so probably give or take quality. You'd have to install it too.
>Shit that sounds like work, just gimme a box of da cheapest glock bullets you got.

Alternitivly:
>BUST HIS ASS! BUST IT!
>*GLAK GLAK GLAK*
>SHIT I THOUGHT U SAID THUS WUZ A SILENCER! SHITS STILL LOUD AN'T LIKE NO JAMES BOND SHIT!

>My senators: Klobuchar and Franken
>My congressman: Ellison
Though I supporthink it fully, not going to waste my time contacting any of these idiots.

t. idiot that thinks suppresses make guns silent like in the movies

Done deal

>americans are this stupid

It's a $200 tax stamp. Though, yes, the prices of suppressors would likely drop very quickly if more people started buying them. They are expensive because of both the small market and the fact that many people that are currently willing to go through the hassle of buying one want the absolute best.
Realistically, suppressors are dirt cheap to make, so it will be relatively easy for someone to start making budget models. A somewhat effective suppressor can be made with as little as a tube and some stamped and bent sheet steel (see the VSS and PB).

>Sweden

t...................................................................................................................................... sweeden

the memes write themselves

I thought suppressors were very simple to make; just a few metal donuts stacked upon each other with a metal wrap and screw at the end (which goes on the barrel).

seeand

fir and finish cost money. sure you can make one with spare parts and *free* time... but manufacturers need to pay tooling costs, labor, design, etc etc

They also have to be rated for the pressure of the round passing through them

Otherwise they'll kind of fucking explode, sooner or later. Current suppressors are really high-end by the nature of their market right now.

>my country has the highest level of gun violence in the western world
>school shootings have gotten so common that some schools have started using metal detectors
>more young people are killed by firearms each year than by any other single cause
>hmm, how do I solve this problem? I know, we give people silencers so they don't hurt their ears while shooting them!
Americans. Are. This. Retarded.

Well, you can eat my nutsack, bitch. Been a lot of decades and we still don't have roving gangs of nignogs with enough machining skill to mass produce "much metal tubes".

YOU are a wimpy bitch-faggot who wants to flood the nignog population with suppressors because your gun replaces your tiny dick.

MY guns are half the size of my dick. .30-.30 Winchester and .357 S&W 4".

Sorry that your faggot ass needs a toy because to you a firearm is like a katana to a fedora.

Over here in reality where men wear plugs and cans and don't practice with their loudest pieces, we think you're a bitch who sees firearms as toys.

Go buy a katana, cringefag.

fight the good fight bros

>Muh 30-30
Lmao you're one of those fudd sellout faggots who'll hand your wife over to the gov as long as you get to keep your durr rifle.
Of course you don't care about silencers, your stupid ass is already deaf from the past half a century of hunting without any earpro
Opinion discarded.

If I live in Cali, would this act make it so they are legal for me to purchase?

Only if the 3000000000+ other bullshit laws are ruled unconstitutional.

You realize how easy it is to make them right?

>My country has the highest amount of rape in the western world
>Islam has become so common that some schools have started teaching it
>More and more young people are getting killed by refugees
>hmm, how do I solve this problem? I know, Import more of the people causing this problem!
Swedes. Are. This. Retarded

Me too

HOL UP
HOL UP
>smacks lips
HOL UP
>smokes fried chicken flavored blunt
>HOL UP

Thank GOD. I hate all those LOUD GUNS.

This will save us so much money treating deafness.

Just to let you know.

When I see a suppressor I immediately think, "dark net assassin." and any usage of said equipment would go unheard of anyway.

How many people are getting off'd without it actually being reported as a crime.

Kinda scary when you think of it.

>Obsessed with dicks
Yup, sounds like a lefty to me.

What are the odds that a Trump SCOTUS rolls back gun regs in NY & Cali?

Hopefully this passes so the retarded prices for supressors goes down. Fucking stupid they think a supressor is worth over $100-200.

That's funny because in nordic countries, not only you can easily buy suppressors, but hunting with them is heavily encouraged.

Signed.

>When I see a suppressor I immediately think, "dark net assassin." and any usage of said equipment would go unheard of anyway.
Because it's not like oil filters are readily available or anything

Have they not heard (pun not intended) about earplugs?

Kinda hard to hear other people during a hunting trip with earplugs on.

gun shot without suppressor 150-190 db

NRR on plugs 33

that is 117-157 DB

still damages hearing

supressor adds another ~30-40dB NRR

now we are talking

Whatever, cringefag.

I was firing an m60 off the fantail of a carrier for fun while your bitch ass was still jerking off to Segal movies.

You're a child throwing a tantrum over a law that men legislate. The men who want suppressors legal are goyim of the highest degree.

>Yesss. Legalize the suppressors, goy. Many shekels for Rabbi Riflestein

Learn to shoot with a .22 like your dad and his dad did.

I dgaf about the hearing of someone who brings a cannon to the range for anything but sighting. Cringefags like that can GI fucking deaf. You are literally the fedora in this situation, with his $300 acid-etched reflective "tactical" tango he bought off a Jew on eBay.

Kys

How much shooting are you going to do while hunting that you'd need a silencer?

One shot one kill faggot

Suppressors are almost scarier than the gun itself.

Combine the two and you got yourself a splinter cell...

Night vision goggles not included.

>frog babbling utter bullshit

news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/from_our_own_correspondent/9470238.stm

Yep. And when nignogs learn the secret of machinery I'll worry.

hence why i said supressed and not silenced, project harder faggot.
gun owners with supressors are 9 times out of 10 take themselves too seriously and the world really doesnt need any more faggotry

How many ethnic swedes are convicted of this mass gun violence? I would hazard a guess at 0-2%

You're a fucking idiot, that's the same mentality as shitheads who think banning guns will keep them out of the hands of criminals. Niggers don't care about silencers as evidenced by the fact that they use hi points which break after 100 rounds.

how about when you are out innafield alone practicing long range precision shooting with a 20" 308? you are a fucking retard and have no argument. does your OWN hearing matter? should we just not practice with high power centerfire rifles at distances beyone 300yards? cherrypicking faggot

>Implying one shot won't lead to hearing loss over time
>Hurrr real life is cawadooty with 100% accuracy
also
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

It's for cringefags at ranged who think guns are toys and not tools. And their dicks are so small that they feel self-conscious if their rifle isn't bigger than everyone else's.

They also refuse to wear plugs and cans in tandem because owwww its not comfortable. Despite thousands of sailors, many if them women, doing it for 16 hours a day when deployed.

Pay no attention to these cringefag fedoras.

Why the fuck would they need a $600 suppressor? No one calls the fucking cops in their neighborhoods when they shoot people now.

That news is bullshit you fucking retard. Even .22lr with a can makes enough noise to wake you up in a house. You'd know if you ever shot one.

I know which side you'd be on in 1776

>shall not be infringed
please explain how a supressor is a firearm user? Id love to hear this

>suppressors can marginally increase muzzle velocities by the free bore boost effect
>suppressors can have a net positive effect on accuracy as the expanding gasses interfere with the tail of the projectile less
>hunting with a suppressor disrupts wild life less
>people want them heavily regulated because of the media portrayal of them as assassin tools that make everything impossibly quiet.

SilencerCo have a video on youtube where they show a suppressed .22lr still has as much energy in the muzzle report as a dish breaking on a hard surface.
I look forward to them being deregulated. I'd love to have a can on my PCC, and having another for my AK would be fantastic.

>projecting this much
Dude I would never own a suppressor but I see no reason to not let others

no supressors are for my neighbors that done want to hear 80 rounds of unsupressed 556 on a sunday afternoon while they are sitting on the back porch a quarter mile away having a beer... and for me so im not still hearing 130db blasts [after plugs and cans] 2 feet from my face all afternoon. god damnit. have a beer and take a nap old man... just because your ears are shot doesnt mean all of us under age 60 shouldnt do all we can to protect our own

According to the bill, it legally is.

Did a scientist build you just to see how much of a buttblasted fuckstick he could create?

The current restrictions on suppressors were put in place during the Depression to try and stop poachers from causing damage to farmers herds of livestock, prior to that point they were perfectly normal devices to attach to firearms. Hell Theodore Roosevelt had a suppressed Winchester 1894 that he used to clear pests off his property and not annoy his neighbors.

You're just a assmad old fool who can't imagine why people would want to have something that make their firearm less annoying to everyone else. No one cares that you were ordered to clear small arms ammunition off the back of a ship before entering harbor and even less people care that you think hearing loss is manly.

A .308 ain't gonna do shit past plugs and cans. There's a lot louder shit out there that's only bought for fun. And while shooting IS fun as fuck, it's not a toy collection, it's a tool box.

ask me how i know you are wrong. and even if your argument held water, it doesnt address the neighbors

So what is the worry about them? Assassins crawling out of the walls?

As if they don't have access to a lot of quite ways to kill. Or standard suppressors for that matter.

If whites didn't stage a revolution during forced integration, suppressors are not going to make them go violent either.

If you think those OSHA calcs are accurate, then you obviously have never tandemed your ear protection. And if you're bullshitting us about that, what else are you bullshitting about?

In principal, yes. It's a tube with some baffle structures at its most basic. There are some other things at work though that make them much more expensive.

>materials
Modern supressors use a variety of expensive materials to deal with heat, pressure, and weight issues. Alot of high end cans contain titanium
>precision
They have to be made extremely precisely. The bullet leaves the barrel and is in unsupported ballistic flight for 6 to 12 inches while passing through the baffles. A tiny error in construction will result in a bullet striking a baffle which can do anything from ruining accuracy to causing the can to explode. Further complicating this, the supressor gets extremely hot, so the construction must stay true in an enviroment with high heat, pressure, and extreme recoil.
>recoil booster
To make a supressor work on a pistol, it requires a fairly complicated mounting that allows the barrel to unlock and tilt during cycling. Generally this means each time the pistol fires the supressor must remain engaged for the bullet to escape, then free it's self from the muzzle allowing the pistol action to move without the extra weight of the can. This is accomplished by a spring loaded captive piston that releases the supressor from the barrel when enough pressure is applied, and snaps it back into place when cycling is complete. It's not the most complicated thing in the world, but it has moving parts that must be engineered extremely precisely. Which brings me to my last point
>niche industry.
All the above shit is done on a very small scale because the legal status of supressors limits their appeal to only a small group of extreme gunfags. Supressors for the most part are made in shops, not factories. Now, if the hpa passes this one will likely change and dramatically decrease supressor costs.

Let's just admit that this bill had nothing to do with "hearing", but letting firearm companies make more money by selling more accessories.

>tfw district is majority black with a career Dem Rep in office since the 60's

Fuck 'em. They have a gun nut for a neighbor. Welcome to America.

I'm pretty certain it is still above the threshold to cause hearing damage and most importantly you can't distribute ear plugs and muffs to every random fucker within hearing loss range. Maybe if I could attach a glorified lawnmower muffler to my rifle and not wait 8-9 months and pay several hundred dollars. Not like they haven't existed nearly as long as smokeless powder or anything.

i do tandem them, and its not bad, it protects my hearing to the degree that it does. but that dioesnt mean that any noise reduction at the muzzle is not a good thing.. and your side of the argument STILL has not adressed courtesy to the neighbors...

THEY'RE WORKIN FOR

BIG GUN

I TELLS YA!

It's a moral problem, not a legal problem anyway. Dirtbags will be dirtbags and laws will not affect them, if you ban alcohol they will distill their own, if you ban drugs they will source it themselves, if you ban guns then you take them only from those who choose to follow the law. Suppressors do not silence guns, that's Hollywood bullshit, and if I did not care to follow the law I'd just thread an oil filter on my gun. Then, I'd have to find ammunition that is the right pressure to cycle the gun reliably, and even then I'd have issues with accuracy, size/bulk and the gun would still make noise. If I were someone inclined to use a gun in a crime, I would not use something that is bulky, questionably reliable, and still loud. I'd use a knife, it's easy to find one, conceal one, they are truly silent, and they are easily more lethal than a firearm of the same size. Having a gun or a knife or a suppressor doesn't make you a criminal, it's the intent that does.
TL;DR suppressors aren't good for crimes, and are historically not used in crimes and therefore should not be so heavily regulated.

To be fair a suppressor can be built to rather low standard and still function, Soviet era suppressors were bulky and a bit clunky but they worked pretty well. Even the Maxim was pretty simple.

so do i... they are all "gun nuts" and sometimes come over to join me if im having an extended shooting session, however, that doesnt mean they wouldnt appreciate a quieter report, especially when breaking out the big bore centerfires and ringing the gong and 500+ [wihch, by the way, are still necessary to practice with if one wishes to maintain peak performance and familiarity ranging and dialing wind]