What went right?

What went right?

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/william-petrocelli/its-time-to-end-the-electoral-college_b_12891764.html
youtube.com/watch?v=s1AqeAPcymI
realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/01/16/how_trump_won_the_south_132796.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Our crooked election system that allowed the idiot who lost by 3 million votes to become president.

suburban retards

It was a disaster.

NEVER TRUMP.
NOT MY PRESIDENT.

>"Hillary won the popular vote!"
>Trump won 31 states to Hillary's 19

And people talk shit about the EC.

All the red states

>Faith Spotted Eagle
Every time.
FUCKING SEATTLE

Everything

who the fuck names themself faith spotted eagle

The media being so biased and arrogant wanting hillary to win also the celebrities telling people who to vote for also how normal people were being treated and seeing how sjws were to them

America's flawed voting system.

That's a real person
HOW
MY SIDES

Hillary won NYC by more than 2.5 million votes and she won California by 3 million. Ballot stuffing in two parts of the country shouldn't decide the election.

In any case, there is a tremendous amount of strategy that goes into deciding where to campaign. Under any set of rules, it's likely that Trump would have applied the same vigor and intuitive sense of the populace to win.

>Hillary won NYC by more than 2.5 million votes and she won California by 3 million. Ballot stuffing in two parts of the country shouldn't decide the election.
>Hillary won in the two most populous states
>this shouldn't matter
>empty land should matter

You idiots never cease to amaze me with your stupidity.

Pennsylvania.

We are a union of states, whether you like it or not. The centuries-old rules put in place to protect state sovereignty aren't going to be changed just because you're pissy about Madam President losing.

>My candidate lost
>People whose candidate won are stupid idiots

You're probably the same kind of guy that thinks scoring the most runs in the World Series should decide the winner, rather than who won the most games.

Clinton won 487 counties out of 3142. Fucking murder your family, then yourself.

A flawed system that can, should, and will one day be changed. All votes should be equal.

huffingtonpost.com/william-petrocelli/its-time-to-end-the-electoral-college_b_12891764.html

She won 487 counties out of 3142...thats 15.4% nigger. She got BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

Hillary won 487 counties out of 3142...she got 15.4% of the counties votes. Fucking blown the shit out.

All votes are equal. We have 51 individual elections, the results are compiled and the winner is determined. Cry more.

>this shouldn't matter
Yes.

Given the territorial extent of the US it's safe to assume that interests of big American cities =/= interests of whole America.

Take very simple thing - air pollution. Person in Western Virginia or Wyoming will want no regulations(since they live in coal states) while person from LA who traffics in smog 4h/day surely will. Now the question is - should the country pursue the interests of rich big cities and rich big cities only or maybe should they take side of poor countryfolk from time to time?

Do you seriously think that if the system was different, the voting patterns and campaign strategies wouldn't be influenced by it?

>HURR DURR LOOK AT HOW MANY EMPTY COUNTIES TRUMP WON
>MUH COWS DON'T LIKE DEM WASCALLY WIBERULS EITHER

In case no one saw it

HILLARY
>487 counties WON out of 3142
>15.5%
BLOWN THE FUCK OUT HOW WILL MARXISM EVER RECOVER?!

I said nothing about Trump...you must be an invalid.

I love the EC because it means whites in the Midwest can veto the choice of subhumans.

Everybody.

why shouldn't cow votes matter? black people can vote and they're not much better than cows.

everything.

we scared them out of rigging it too much

because hes an actual racist who wants us to turn on the cows...even if its american beef they want mexibeef

>Do you seriously think that if the system was different, the voting patterns and campaign strategies wouldn't be influenced by it?

Campaign strategies would differ, but the system would actually be fair. Why should my vote only be worth 1/3 of what a vote in Wyoming is worth?

The Pendulum

youtube.com/watch?v=s1AqeAPcymI

A FUCKING STARS AND STRIPES

putting Trump on the Republican ticket

something i never understood. the Republican Primaries wasn't Pop Idol. they didn't have to put anyone who felt like having a go, on the stage. but they let Trump in. the Republican party should never have allowed him to get in on the debates if they thought he was an irredeemable deplorable.

as far as the general election goes, if you give people a binary option, where one is a bowl of cereal, and another is a mystery box that could contain a million dollars, could contain an infectious disease, you're going to pick the mystery box. just for shits and giggles.

or it could be a bowl of cereal just like you wanted

>Why should my vote only be worth 1/3 of what a vote in Wyoming is worth?
So Wyoming's interests aren't completely ignored in favour of yours.

An election between two fucking retards.

How is that right?

>So Wyoming's interests aren't completely ignored in favour of yours.

But they're not. Their vote is worth just as much as anyone else's in the country. Also, there is nothing there in Wyoming anyway, so realistically, the votes of those in civilized areas should matter more -- but for the sake of equality, all votes should be worth the same.

SJW's growing oppresion
political corruption
economic colapse of capitalism

nothing went right, but will go right

>ballot stuffing

white rural voters matter
realclearpolitics.com/articles/2017/01/16/how_trump_won_the_south_132796.html

>Also, there is nothing there in Wyoming anyway, so realistically, the votes of those in civilized areas should matter more -- but for the sake of equality, all votes should be worth the same.

And there it is -- typical metropolitan elitist mentality.

If it doesn't take place in a city where people are squished together like sardines and would vote for Stalin as long as he carried a "D" after his name, it's "nothing" and "uncivilized."

Also if "civilized" means a city that has at least one stabbing or shooting every night and hipster millennials alongside 'hip' urban youts, I'll take the "uncivilized" countryside thank you very much.

This is called the United STATES of America for a reason. Get bent, butthurt brownie. This is what the founders wanted.

Trump won the rust belt states.

get paid pupper

Get paid pupper.

>But they're not.
They would be.

If you'd want to win American popular elections you'd just ignore 90% of the country with their problems and focus on the most populous 10%. NYC, LA, SF, Chicago and so forth and so forth.

I'll give you very simple example of the divide between the opinions.

In big cities, having police that's quick to act and brutal, while the citizens are not allowed to carry a gun makes some sense. The distances aren't that great to delay police intervention significantly and it sure helps with prevention(since every person with a gun is either policeman or a criminal).

(I don't really agree with it but there is a logic in it).

However if we'd move from cities to rural Iowa where you have to wait 3 hours for police to come and you will beg on the knees for being able to get and use a gun legally. Not only for your personal defence, but also in case of, let's say, wild hogs wrecking your fields(I've told you - rural Iowa, if they wreck your fields, you won't have corn, if you won't have corn you'll have no money to live).

You can literally find hundreds of thousands of such issues and never run away from it. EC forces the candidates to finds some compromise here rather than just pander to mentioned cities that have surprisingly similar stances on basically everything ever since they've been de-industrialised.

It gives rural folk a better chance of winning against huge population centers, seems like a good system to me.

Get paid pupper

Geographically close communities have culture.

That culture extremely heavily influences the voting habits of those living their, through peer pressure etc.

Liberal cities like California are extremely heavy in culture and it is economical detrimental to not be a bleeding liberal there

A lot of these cities import a massive amount of foreigners to do the low end shit jobs that no-one wants.

As a result you have densely populated areas that are hugely homogeneous in terms of political views.

If popular vote was the only measure then it would just be a race to import the most people. EC allows the actual America to still have an influence beyond its immigrant packed cities

Get paid pupper

Also look at New York. Our state is more red than blue county-wise, but because of the cities (NYC, Rochester, Buffalo, Syracuse) the entire state is a solid blue and that's never going to change.

Heck, look at individual counties. One of our counties has more Republican leaning towns, but because of the city and maybe one liberal town it makes it blue AND it's the only blue county in the area. The rest don't have the big city and are red.

And even the primaries: Bernie won far more counties than Clinton, but Clinton won because she won all the counties w. cities in them.

Only the most special of all the special snowflakes

Hillary lost more electoral votes than anyone in history, barring that guy who died.

Fucking hilarious.

Get paid pupper

why do you people bitch so much about wyoming? you realize you carried states with minimum EV counts too -- washington DC has 3, vermont has 3, rhode island has 3. fuck off with your bullshit.

get paid pupper

Get paid pupper.

>washington DC has 3, vermont has 3, rhode island has 3

DC is actually underrepresented in the EC and RI has twice the population of Wyoming while having only 1 more EV.

Libfaggots got BTFO.

>DC is actually underrepresented
Good.

i actually meant delaware, not RI. got them mixed up.
DC has about 600k people, i dont think its underrepresented.
and whats your argument for vermont?

A District is not a State.

Guys realize that Hillary was running on a popular vote strategy because she thought she would easily win the EC but might lose the popular vote, so she spent shittons running up the vote in NYC and California, while Trump was running on an EC strategy and won. If they both went on the same strategy then the vote would probably be less memey but its Hillary's own fault.

Also the memes about a popular vote making it so candidates only go to NYC/LA/SF is false, they would just sit in a newsroom and constantly interview to reach the entire country (both campaigns verified that they would do this, Hillary kinda did this) and then just try to go to their bases. The result would be only the bases would be happy (which are 25% each candidate) while the other half of the country and the base that lost would be unhappy.
Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse aren't that liberal, at least their counties.

350 square miles of illegals and Marxists was not able to dominate the future of the entire country.

>get paid pupper

It's name is Moonbeam Sunflower now. It woke up feeling "especially pretty" this morning. It's preferred pronoun is "it".

I know Sup Forums is pretty autistic, but it's a pretty obvious Native American name.

Get paid pupper

Native Americans had different naming traditions than western Europeans. Hell, everyone's name means something, it's just sometimes in a language you don't understand. Indians also have a bit of a habit of actually translating their names into English: kind of like a guy named "Felix" telling everyone his name is "Lucky" because that's what "felix" means in Latin.

That's the point though. Even those counties are mostly red, but the cities are liberal cesspools that would vote against Jesus if he ran as a Republican, and vote for Satan if he ran as a Democrat.

get paid pupper

*rural
>What went right
Hillary had no economic message. This election wasn't about Trump, oddly. It was about Hillary unable to inspire turnout and turn enough Republicans. She lost in stupid places that were economically blighted by Republicans, she overperformed in wealthy places like CA which aren't swing states.

Trump is finished in 2020. Once Warren or somebody advocates for basic economic policy and points out how horrific Trump was, in the midst of the Obamacare crisis, he's out.

get paid pupper

>equating 'Nowheresville county' to bustling Coastal County
You ever wonder why you get laughed at?

If Republicans keep losing the majority of the votes, it's gonna change eventually.

get paid pupper

Canada hacked the election and made Trump win
your welcome

Get paid pupper

And that "eventually" won't happen for a VERY long time as long as they only have insurmountable majorities in two states.

But its growing in every other state. Sure, this was a setback, but only because Clinton was the worst possible candidate. Every state is going blue. The city populations are increasing, the demographics are unfavorable to the GOP.

The GOP supermajorities are a reflection of a Dem president. Obama can't and won't be blamed anymore, just like Bush, and its going to hurt.

you gotta go back.