Why the heck do Americans complain about house prices when homes in the US are so cheap?

Why the heck do Americans complain about house prices when homes in the US are so cheap?

In Britain this house would cost $90,000 minimum regardless of location.

Other urls found in this thread:

estately.com/listings/info/1034-paso-hondo-st
gov.uk/stamp-duty-land-tax
youtube.com/watch?v=U2nrpkBoZqE
imobiliare.ro/vanzare-case-vile/bucuresti/decebal/casa-de-vanzare-12-camere-X17L11055?lista=2359181
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That would easily cost £200,000 thanks to its "rustic charm".

And it's detached. Even if it is run down, a "doer-upper" like that in the UK would still cost a bomb.

Also, both these homes are at the centre of a relatively prosperous city (Syracuse).

Pic related in the UK costs $55,000.

The one on the right.

I live in a very cheap city and you cant get a 3 bed house for under $125k now. The median household income is only $49k. Just a few years ago you could get the same house for $90k or less. We're in a bubble, houses in the $300k range aren't selling because no one can afford them.

probably cus it's made of wood and gets blown away with the wind every few years

Which city?

> 1.0 bathrooms
> not having fractional bathrooms

Fuck your yankee integer bathroom shite.

They were selling terraced houses in Newcastle a few years ago for £1.

Property tax

San antonio. I mean, you can still get a 3 bed for less than 125k if you dont mind foundation problems, dry rot, getting your tires stolen, drug dealers or hookers. estately.com/listings/info/1034-paso-hondo-st

probably negro central

> integer
You mean floating-point.

...Sure there's no nigs in the neighbourhood?

Why are houses in UK so fucking narrow? How can you live in a house where kitchen is the size of my wardrobe, and hallways are a meter wide

You should come to Spain and see what a real expensive shitty house is

Also Syracuse has horrible snow problems from lake effect snow

>Syracuse

Enjoy getting stabbed to death by nogs

Crap shacks that need a lot of TLC.

If you don't intend to fix it, the land is worth more than the house-shaped pile of garbage resting upon it.

In my WASP suburb, that would probably cost 200-300k. Then again, it looks like shit, so it would be bought to be torn down and turned into a better house.

The land afforded to that house is pathetic. That probably is one reason it's so cheap.

Lack of space.

I think we're the second densest population in the world (after Holland).

Because niggers drive the property value down.
Would you like to live in a run down neighborhood full of rowdy niggers?

Imagine the rust belt

Tons of niggers, no jobs, high taxes, AND horrible winters

No wonder everyone is moving south

I actually have half of a bathroom. It's just a toilet and sink sitting in the corner of my basement, no walls, no bath. My house classifies as 1.5 bathrooms.

>1.0 bathrooms

Post examples, friend.

This would easily be £400-500 k in England.

HAHA, Thanks for having me on chuck. Let's see, Hmm, What is property value for $250 please.

If only nigs could market drive-bys as spontaneous security solutions, they'd be rich.

Why am I still the only person to mention property tax

That is literally why

It's still hilarious how retarded Euros are when it comes to niggers

Hey come live in Detroit, Sven. It will be very enriching

because its only cheap in nigger areas, where you go to bed to the sound of guns shots every night.

In the US we have half bathrooms, ones that don't have a shower or tub

because people in the uk (and eu) are packed like sardines and have less and less forest area each year. what's difficult to comprehend? simple supply and demand

Also a vastly different price depending on where the house is. A 4bed/2 bath where I live would only cost ~120k, but in California it's like 10 times that.

Because they are stupid liberal faggots who want to live in these shit hole condos. They are about 500,000 to share this building.

Cause you live on an island and we live on 1/3rds of a fucking continent.

That and immigration into the U.K. Is crazy.

Right but still any house like that for $13k is that price for one reason. High property taxes.

what is property tax in bongland?

>Syracuse
>Relatively prosperous

Stop talking please.

T. Syracuse area native for 30 plus years.

Property developers are megakikes.

$131,000!

Fuck. That would easily be 4 times that price in the UK

Don't be ridiculous.
56.0% White, 29.5% African American, 1.1% Native American, 5.5% Asian, 0.03% Pacific Islander, 2.7% from other races, and 5.1% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 8.3% of the population

USA = easy-mode

Brits are becoming canadian tier annoying.

You cunts can be pretty dense.

there was another user here who talked me into buying a bunkhouse trailer
>or to start saving up for one

9 to 15k for decently sized used one
or 25 to 45k for Really nice new one
shit, I'm putting a down payment soon as my taxes come in.

this way, I can 'vote with my feet'
I don't like florida anymore? let's go check out montana
montana shit? lets go look at utah
etc

add NOJOBS.

I'm sorry you live an an overpriced shithole, but that doesn't make you qualified to comment on the US housing market

Say what you want, but this house is in a nice neighbourhood, in a 'big' city and a white state.

This is the perfect starter home for anyone

so niggers

Stamp Duty?

gov.uk/stamp-duty-land-tax

2% for cheaper homes and 5% above that unless you're a rich cunt then it goes to 10% and 12%

If you mean council tax then that's about £140/month

last USA example

Welcome to Belgium

Just for the record, Aalst is a real shithole

Actually, English homes are much larger on the inside than out. Many coat closets also lead to magical lands.

so more than America

>Syracuse as an example
Nigger Syracuse is a dying town ever since most of the jobs left, is 40% nigger and 9% Hispanic, and has a falling population as everyone who doesn't work for the University, the Airport or the BMS facility is running the fuck away

That's why so many of you are able to be literal basement dwellers. In the UK nobody has a basement except for very rich people with a wine cellar.

>muh american pride is affected by having low house prices

lel its a good thing, dont worry we're jealous

Wut property tax is different for every single city/county

kek

We Anglos are good at many things. Architecture, historically, hasn't been one of them.

that belgium guy wants to be a realtor

3,5 to 4,5 million Danske Kroner that is

Nope, right by Syrcause University, which is pretty patrician.

12:00
look how crappy the upperclass bongs home is
youtube.com/watch?v=U2nrpkBoZqE

$900,000

Dartford isn't even a great area, though it is inside the M25 so that adds on a lot of money.

How do we fucking solve this? Stopping immigration and deporting people seem like distant glimmers.

>Because niggers drive the property value down

^this.

anything over 5% niggers is to much
seriously if anyone lives in a place with more then 5% nigger they are poor white trash.

haha fuck off, i'm just depressed that I will never find a house like that in Belgium.

This one is by far the most insane. This house looks like it would cost at least $1mil.

[cries in codfish and cork]

>be boomer
>build house in 1960 for $5,000
>house increases in value for 50 straight years
>sell house in 2016 for a million dollars
>"kids today are lazy. they dont want houses or cars or kids etc etc"

A small house or flat costs 160k USD here easily, wtf? A 150000 dollar difference can't be explained because it's made of brick instead of wood, granted, it might not be of the same building quality. But still.

REEEE STOP POSTING MY HOME TOWN ON 4CHINS

Jesus, I just bought soviet-era 30 square meter shit hole apartment back in my home country (Lithuania if anyone cares, probably no-one). for 40K of euros, and still going to spend at least 7K to make it barely liveable. I could buy half of US ghetto for the price of Studio apartment in Vilnius

Shit tier house. 1 car garage with 1 car driveway and 1200sq ft.

Fucking Bucharest 499,900 EUR

imobiliare.ro/vanzare-case-vile/bucuresti/decebal/casa-de-vanzare-12-camere-X17L11055?lista=2359181

You can get better deals if you go rural however you'll need to tack on at least 30 minutes travel to most anywhere depending where it is.

You used to be able to afford homes in America but these prices are still out of the reach of most people. Even 70 to 100k is still so expensive for most.

>be boomer
>build house in 1960
ok you are retarded

((('Cuse))) is full of sports worshiping niggers. I feel like I'm going to get stabbed everywhere I go.

Rochester master race reporting in, at least we contain the hood and have the outskirts and suburbs to enjoy.

I guarantee that house is in a crime-ridden neighborhood.

>$900,000

You can an old Lighthouse on Lake Superior for cheaper than that.
It's now a house, for sale for $875,000

>basement dwellers exist because there are basements
No shit.

>$13,000 home
>$70,000 owed in back taxes by new owner after purchase
how does that work?

Get f*****d Jordi

nah, bangladesh is way more dense.

At that price in that city the house has had a fire. I guarantee it. Are there any other images? Most likely that 21,900 is for the land as the house on top needs to be torn down before any livable structure can be built on top.

Rocherster is just as bad as Syracuse.

t. (((Albany)))

Thanks for the info. That's all we needed. Expect a knock on your front door very soon.

t. NSA agent

A half a bathroom is one that doesn't have a shower or a tub, so just a toilet.
My parent's house had 1.5 bathrooms, full one on the second floor while the first floor was basically just a closet with a sink, a toilet, and a heater.

There is no way. Land is only going to increase in price and houses will become more scarce.

The most radical of MPs are discussing 200,000homes/year. We need about 1,000,000 a year for the next decade to make any sort of actual difference.

My friend just bought a house, it's laughably tiny, no driveway, garden is big enough for a barbecue and not much else. 2 bedrooms. £190,000

In the West Midlands.

The country is done.