Michiganfag here. Anybody else notice that winter's aren't what they used to be?

Michiganfag here. Anybody else notice that winter's aren't what they used to be?

It used to be that snow would fall on the ground and it wouldn't melt until spring came.

Now it falls and two weeks later it all melts, then more snow falls and then there's another melt, repeat until spring.

What's interesting is that the average snowfall (or was it precipitation) is still fairly stable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rzoW_cVg2hE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's global warming and we're all going to die because of Trump

I'm literally shaking as I type this

Same thing here in the Buffalo area. It is indeed strange.

wow wtf i hate trump now

wtf i love fighting global warming now

I'm not saying it's global warming or climate change.

I just want to see if anyone else has some input or their own theories. I don't agree with global warming because summers here in Michigan are getting milder, not hotter.

Climate change? Maybe.

"Winters."

Fucking retard.

Global warming means on average higher temps globally.

>He wants to have 8 weeks of filthy, shit covered snow and sub 30 degrees with permanent grey skies

Absofuckinglutely disgusting

You're as bad as the niggers who uploaded videos of themselves "burning" snow two years ago.

I'm from Michigan and noticed this as well. It's global warming, and anyone who says otherwise is an insufferable idiot. I don't think the super hippie outlook on it is correct, and I don't think windmills and solar panels are going to stop it. I also don't agree with wasting millions of dollars to pay (((scientists))) to "research" climate change. But it's fucking global warming like come on lads.

Yes. But be honest, in the last 5 years i haven't seen it get particularly bad until February. It's been just the last two years that have been particularly warm.
Ann Arbor here.

Snowfall is different every year, dumbass.

Wasn't it just 2 years ago that the Great Lakes were still frozen in like May?

Yep, just realized I'm in an underage thread. Kids haven't lived long enough to realize not every year is the same. CA just got out of a 7 year drought.

Snowfall is very different from the average, a few stdevs from average intact.

MA cuck here. Two weeks ago it snowed a foot and a half with sub zero temperatures. Then a few days later it was almost 60 degrees and everything turned to slushy shit. Can't stand this fucking temperature flip flopping

>the weather is warmer than expected
EVIDENCE OF MAN MADE GLOBAL WARMING EVERYONE QUICK GIVE ALL YOUR MONEY TO THE GOVERNMENT NOW REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DENIERS GET OUT

>the weather is colder than expected
WEATHER DOES NOT EQUAL CLIMATE MUH AVERAGES DUMB DENIERS DON'T KNOW HOW CLIMATE WORKS HOTTEST YEARS ON RECORD OY VEY REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE DENIERS GET OUT

There's a reason Scott Adams (correctly) pointed out that non-climate-scientists have no way of determining which side is correct or even what evidence is good evidence, so he's withholding judgment on the entire thing.

>CA just got out of a 7 year drought.
Did the drought finally end? Maybe this time they'll fucking save water for the dry years.

Nope. The HOA's will mandate that they plant new grass and keep it watered.

Wow discussing the weather really triggers people. OP did not even mention global warming.

That's a normal winter in Texas.
What isn't normal winter in Texas is tornadoes.

Middle of the USA here. I commented that the other day to a family member. We have had one day of snow, and it was gone by evening. It is in the 40s today. I grew up here. Up until three years ago, we had Winter's that lasted from November through February, with heavy snow and ice all the time. The past three years, one to two days of snow, maybe half-day of ice, and warm, Spring-like weather. Did the Earth axis shift, like Edgar Cayce predicted?

I'm a Michigan bro here, I've noticed seance 2006. It's the way how Michigan is...marsh, hills nd forests.

My hypothesis is parchialy climate change but with the help of electricity. Our lights are so bright and on for like 14hrs a day. With leds and uv lights they melt the snow quicker than natural.

Conclusion is even though it's highly possible of a changing climate but human engineering is speeding the process for our needs a of lights that are bright as the sun almost.

We don't have winters in Kansas anymore, either. It's going to be in the 50's this week.

Yeah, something like that.

Then last year I was swimming in Lake Huron on Memorial Day.

Weird swings.

MI here as well. I am thankful for no snow because my tractor broke and I am rebuilding it.

This is why no one takes anything on Sup Forums seriously

yeah, it's called climate change.

I'm pretty sure the weather is just Gaia earth trying to freeze-thaw rocks into tiny pieces so they can be washed downstream into the ocean thus allowing ocean creatures to metabolize the iron/calcium and carbon into calcium carbonate which falls to the ocean floor where it stays.

This is the only way that carbon is sequestered in nature, but it's capable of handling only about 3% of what we currently release every year.
youtube.com/watch?v=rzoW_cVg2hE

The Permian extinction 250 million years ago was the largest mass-extinction in history and it happened because a shallow coal vein caught on fire and burned for 1000 years, acidifying the oceans. We are absolutely fucked, because we're burning coal about 10 times faster than back then.

Climate collapse.

Youtube
Weatherwar101