Has Sup Forums ever had to face the Law?

Just came back from a meeting with a latest. I'm basically going to pay $3500 to get my hearing date extended for a DUI accusation. I was caught sleeping in my car while being drunk.

Im only getting an extension because I don't want a criminal record to hinder my current job search. Fuck me.

Anyways ever since I got arrested I stopped drinking alcohol. Fuck mind altering substances.

Share your stories on how you fought the law and won or lost.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OgtQj8O92eI
youtube.com/watch?v=EoRF2JGnSBM
rcmp-grc.gc.ca/pubs/fire-feu-eval/pg6-2-eng.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

*with a lawyer.

Were the keys in the ignition?

OP's theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=OgtQj8O92eI

Got 3 years on probation for owning illegal weapons of war.

Yeah car was on because I was cold. Anyways I'm organizing my défense I may win this but I need to convince the prosecutor comes the time of my hearing.

How did you get caught?

ex gf told the cops after we broke up.
Was stupid telling her to begin with, but you dont think about what might happens after a relationship

well i don't know the law in leafland but it sounds like you have a chance

I got a DUI in washington state, got it dismissed after I deferred prosecution for treatment.

Was way more expensive than just a first time DUI but I have nothing on my record.

I was also arrested at a war protest, but never charged.

Been caught with pot multiple times and let go.

What kind of job are you looking for that requires a clean background check?

I have two charges against me for assault causing grievous bodily harm. Never had a problem with anything aside from getting into the US. Apparently I'm too violent for burgers.

Never trust girls.

So how do you get past that in Germany with work? What kind of weapons? Please dont say it was a fucking bat.

Nothing particular I just don't want employers to go into the trash it goes because of a stupid DUI where I wasn't even driving.

When I was 19 I was nigger tier degenerate and got a DUI. Fuck that shit.

You sound like a winner. Go back to l.eddit you degenerate hippy.
>muh war protest
Fuck outta here, faggot

You're quite lucky.

But how exactly did you win that DUI charge?

What's your current situation know? I hope you're not a NEET.

24 Yugoslav M75 grenades and a Zastava M70.
You normally dont get in jail in general if you dont have a criminal record and dont kill anybody or anything

Employers don't usually give a fuck bro. They want a guy that's going to show up on time, every day they're supposed to, and give a little extra.

If you can manage to kick ass at your job for two hours a day, your boss makes mega bucks which means you're last on the shitlist.

Show up, work hard, and do a little extra if asked. Those are the three keys to being employed forever. Oh, and don't bitch about the work either. You're not above whatever you're doing.

I didn't really win it, I basically pleaded no contest but in washington state they have a program where you can never actually be convicted if you do 5 years of treatment.

I did the 5 years and got it removed.
Expensive as shit, but it probably saved my life.

Never submit to breath alcohol test. Roadside test kits are far from reliable.

Florida law doe not require you to take a field sobriety test. Do not walk the chalk unless you are absolutely certain you won't stumble or wave your arms around. (that's what we show the jury)

Only blood tests are good evidence (You wreck and go the hospital, we're getting your blood test result from the hospital)

Answer now questions. Immediately ask for lawyer. Have the number of the best DUI attorney you can afford ($5000 is the usual). In fact, if you drink at bars, Google one right now and put his number in your phone.

t. former state trooper

>t. former state trooper

what happen lad? tired of the bullshit?

also pls post funny/crazy storys

Fuuuck Haans, that bitch made you lose a Yugo M70? I'd have fucking killed her ass. That's cool you didn't go to jail though.

>what happen lad? tired of the bullshit?
wrongfully fired for affair with supermodel-tier dui girl. Didn't realize how quickly they would turn against me.

OP here, just got to my desktop. The way it's done here is that they field sobriety test is a pass/fail so if you fail they take you to the station and they give you a specialized test with a chemical analyst or whatever.

My lawyer told me the same thing, he said that record for DUIs are the most common things and even his brother got one. Employers usually don't mind it, but still I would feel so much more guilty if I struggle to find jobs because of that fact.

I don't drink alcohol so I don't know what they normally do.

How does an officer react when you are drunk though?

Fell asleep drunk at a red light for ? 5mins: user called cops. $3000 Lawyer worked it down to reckless driving and 100hrs community service. Lost good job with prospects, disappointed family and friends(sucks). I don't get sloppy or fucked up anymore and I'm better for it.

Why did you lose your job exactly? Was it because of the record? They really fired you for that?

This remember pol
Shes a snitch at heart
Share nothin love no one
You id it to your self faggots.

Women ruin nice things.

I hacked into a few girls email accounts for nudes and posted them to anonib. Then, when I was bored I used a hacked facebook account and posted the nudes whilst tagging all the girls family and friends with a link to anonib.

Was arrested in 2015 and sentenced in September 2016. Obviously no jail time. People have gone to jail for things like this. Wasn't fussed if I did go to jail. On probation now

Learned nothing. Ayy lmao

lol

Sound advice, but also tell the youths not to drive anywhere they plan on drinking at.

Grow up, act as adults should act.

2 counts of trespass. $250 fine, 3 months probation and no conviction recorded.

I hope you'r boys in blue get shot.

i got 2 DUIs, leaf. Yes the law sucks-fucked up shit

>24 Yugoslav M75 grenades
You were prepping for /racewar/ or something?

Did you have your keys in the ignition? If not, then you can't be accused of drunk driving (at least here).

NM just read the thread. Youre fucked. Sorry bro.

Driving whilst under the influence is a skill.

It's merely a matter of willpower to become a master of this simple art. One must keep in mind the manner in which alcohol affects one's mind, and employ safeguards against these patterns appropriately.

On the other hand, many people don't know that being in your car, passed out, with your keys in the car is an automatic DUI.

PROTIP: hide your keys in the fuel port if you're gonna take a drunken nap in your car. When talking to the pigs, lie, lie, and lie some more. You have to learn the right things to lie about. Tell the cops you lost your keys and therefore were unable to go home, as you could not get into your house, for example.

Better yet, learn how to keep it between the lines you weak willed pussies.

Low level Govt job, during election year so no leeway. I F'd up.
is right and I'm ok...now.

Well now we know you are white.
If you were black you would be serving 10-20 years.

Driving intoxicated is fucking retarded.

>I was caught sleeping in my car while being drunk.

Did you fall to sleep before or after running down the 2 pensioners?

Better to have, and not need, than to need, and not have

not when the legal definition of intoxicated is a joke

no, im white

I wasn't fucking driving. I'm basically accused for a hypothetical crime.

Possession of class A drugs.
Strip searched and released with no charges.

where the fuck did you get a crate of greandes from klaus?

Yeah, man. Fuck the law. Who doesn't want to drive around drunk like a fucking retard and risk harming someone else?

Off yourself.

Once was arrested for disorderly conduct. Twice was on trial for theft as witness. Feeling good, man.

AlaskaFag here. DUI laws are bullshit. it's just a cash grab by the state/feds. They talk of "treatment" but they just slap you with fines/fees for all kinds of bullshit and hoops you have to jump through to put your life back together.

got my license taken away for refusing dui test and blood. was a bad accident went to hospital but did not go to jail. happened thxgiving weekend. dunno if i will be charged or just 1 yr automatic suspension. still waiting for cops to kick in my door and take me in because i never posted bond or had an arraignment i just was discharged from hospy. looking behind my shoulder every day when i go to work now

>I'm basically accused for a hypothetical crime

In america, you are guilty. Their justification of charging a DUI for sleeping in a car with keys inside is based on intent. I'm not saying it's right, but that's the way it is.

Good luck and remember to hide your keys outside the car next time.

aww is the poor public transit fag worried about getting run down by someone having a good time?

Driving even with one beer is a notha holocaust MOTHER AGAINST DRUNK DRIVING MOTHER AGAINST ANYTHIBG SHARP POINTY OR METAL
WAHHH
My grandfather used to drink whiskey outta a flask and drive with a loaded shotgun
Faggots like you make that impossible and get us jailed for nothing.

Holy fuck OP I remember you making a thread about this.

>Canada legalizes sex with dogs and prescribing heroin
>isn't going easy on you for sleeping in a car

You need to get out

Thanks user. Hopefully I win the case if not I would have bought myself some time.

Well, now you need and not have. I hope you are happy.

Fucking retarded, you kept a case of 'nades in your closet? Bloody fuck, if you are so concerned with SHTF, just sign up with the military and sleep in a Marder.

Get out where? I was just out. Now I'm in my comfy room.

The guy that sold me the rifle offerd it for 5000€, (what was proabably way to much) was to cool to say no

Mah nigga
There's a difference driving buzzed and driving slushed black out drunk shit faced.

Yes. I got an OUI (Similar to a DUI but I didn't consent to providing proof that I was drunk)

I went to court and was ordered to go to rehab within one year (Which I did and provided proof)

The court ruled me compliant and it's on my record but it's marked as "dismissed"

The DMV also ordered me install a breathalyzer in my car for 1 year and I can legally get it removed in 9 days.

Would never want to go through that shit again.

max probation is 2 years

I was charged with attempted murder when I was 17. Parents hired a fantastic lawyer, and I ended up with "2nd degree attempted assault" Got ankle monitor and house arrest for 2 years. Was an OK time, I played lots of games, and my parents allowed my friends to come over to chill with me. They didn't really care about the dude I fucked up. Dude died a few years later before he could file a civil suit against me. He was a drunk. Now, 20 years later the it doesn't really bother me, as my record was sealed when I turned 18. I did have to spend a week in jail while they figured everything out, it was just juvi jail though, and I worked a lot back then doing masonry, so all the Dindus there respected my strength. The worst part was, in crappy jail, you get crappy shoes, and your feet are always cold. I hate having cold feet.

Omdat ge zo zat als een krukgen in een oto zit:
youtube.com/watch?v=EoRF2JGnSBM

>driving buzzed
Hopefully you'll run into a tree and kill yourself instead of some innocent stranger.

Here in Canada, to own a firearm you need a Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL). The terms that come with this is that you get a DAILY criminal records check. You fail that check, you have your guns taken away from you.

;_;

I like your way of thinking, you're an alright lad.

Godspeed

Some pussies can't even handle driving buzzed. I know that I actually drive better after 5-14 drinks. But I have an inhuman tolerance, due to genetics and practice.

I is only a matter of attention. Just pay attention, you pussies. Learn to be more aware of everything anyway. Stop fucking with your phone, unless you achieve a level of driving skills that enable you to drive in your sleep. Focus on the road, and every possible thing that could happen. Look ahead. Look around.

It's as simple as paying attention. When I drink and drive, I'm the best driver on the road.

Become like me.

Lucky. In my state if you DON'T consent to doing their tests (Field side, blow and blood draw back at station) you still get charged.

Better still is to sleep IN THE BACK SEAT

Why does anyone get "behind the wheel"????!!

You get charged but you don't give them the evidence they need

>Sound advice, but also tell the youths not to drive anywhere they plan on drinking at.

Of course, but that's not really always practical according to the statistics.

People drive to bars, drink and drive themselves home. I assume they know already to limit themselves so as not to drive impaired.

Impaired is the issue. user who is asleep at a red light is technically pass-out impaired. If you're fall-down drunk, my recommendations won't be of any use to you.

user who has a few drinks but is not impaired is the top box target for LE. A lot of less-than-impaired drivers have gotten DUIs because of LE tricks. My gf was one such victim.

I'm You get charged and convicted with an OUI instead of a DUI/DWI if the cop just testifies that he knew you were drunk but you were being non-compliant because you were drunk.

I don't think that the letter of the law allows for sleeping in the back seat. I think that if you are in your car at all, with your keys, you are guilty of a DUI

It's just harder to see you in the back seat

hahahahah

no

Is an OUI as serious as a DUI? How is a jury supposed to convict somebody based on some cop's testimony alone?

same here lad, if you don't consent to field test, urine, and blood test you're slapped with that DUI and your license is also immediately revoked if i recall correctly

had a DUI charge for being 20 and moderately stoned, rolled up to a roadblock thinking it was a fresh accident and i could be useful

funny enough, hadn't drank a lick before that but boy, i sure was a piece of shit booze-chugger after that for a while

shit got taken down to possession of marijuana (possession by consumption welcome to the fukken south lads, didn't have any on me) but there was a good chance i would've only got reckless driving if my fucking lawyer i paid good shekels for actually showed up to my case, he sent his boi Samir instead who just instantly pled possession without consulting me or my lawyer

lotta wasted cash from that one

hahhaha

yes

rcmp-grc.gc.ca/pubs/fire-feu-eval/pg6-2-eng.htm
> Continuous-eligibility screening is one of the most innovative features of the CFP. Rather than just doing background checks at the time of licensing and renewal (as was done under previous legislation), the CFRS is dynamic and continuously updated as new information comes to the attention of the police and courts concerning the behaviour of licence holders.

No, I'm a good goy.

>Did you have your keys in the ignition? If not, then you can't be accused of drunk driving (at least here).
If you answer the questions wrong, like "Did you get in the car drunk?" you can be charged with DUI.

Refuse to answer the questions and refuse the sobriety test. Even if you pass the first time, they'll test you again. The only video the jury will see is the second video where you flailed and failed.

I didn't go in front of a jury, it was just a judge. I did lose my license for 90 days and had to get a breathalyzer installed in my car for a year though, but that was on the DMVs side and they don't care if the court finds you innocent or not.

I was the same way, I've driven "drunk" thousands of times. Never had an issue until one time the cops scoped out the lot of the bar, and waited for me. I had a very VERY recognisable truck. Said I was "weaving" passed the roadside test, but refused to blow into the breathalyzer. The cop said, after I passed the roadside test
>For the last test, you have to blow into this
If I knew back then what I know now, I would've recorded the entire event, and got off free and clear based on that little thing the cop did.

But back to your tolerance... If you do get caught one day, remember, never EVER say
>I have high tolerance, I didn't feel drunk!
That's what I did, and it was the wrong decision. They used it against me to "prove" I had a "drinking problem" and needed additional rehab. There are giant questionnaires they make you fill out that are designed to trick you into admitting that you have an alcohol problem, based solely on your tolerance levels. The don't care about anything aside from the numbers you put up on a blood test, or in a breath test. If I ever ended up in that situation again, I would play it totally different. I would cry about how drunk I was, and how I didn't know what I was doing, and I only had a few beers! I think you will get a better outcome by pretending that you have very low tolerance.

i never understood why people insist on talking to police

fear

>I've driven "drunk" thousands of times
>They used it against me to "prove" I had a "drinking problem" and needed additional rehab

>I know that I actually drive better after 5-14 drinks. But I have an inhuman tolerance, due to genetics and practice.

No, that's actually proof that your liver is failing. Have your corneas turned yellow yet?

Depending on the facts you might be able to win. R v Boudreault is the case that will be relied upon.The law is that if there is a realistic risk of danger you are guilty. Realistic risk of danger means realistic risk of putting the car in motion. That doesn't mean theoretically possible, but it also doesn't mean probable. It's in between.

So it depends on things like was there a cab on the way? Where did you sleep, front seat or back seat? Did you tell someone you were going to drive home later?

Anyway, yes this is a "hypothetical crime" but we have laws against hypothetical crimes all the time. Intent can be criminalized and negligence/recklessness can constitute intent.

Back in 2008 I was arrested for possession of a switchblade, possession of controlled substance, intent to sell and transportation of cs. Originally 4 felonies, was reduced to 2 misdemeanors. Had to pay about $5000 in lawyer fees and $400 in court fees. Was on probation for about 1&1/2 years, had to complete drug rehab classes, and go to AA/NA meetings. Shit sucked, being stupid and young is expensive. Things I learned:
>Drugs are bad M'kay
>Never sell drugs if you're using them
>Only commit one crime at a time
>Crime doesn't pay( jk it pays great until you get caught)

>who just instantly pled possession without consulting me or my lawyer

Anyone who has ever been to court knows this to be untrue. The judge asked you over and over again if you were OK with making that plea, and you would've had to say
>yes
Over and over again for him or her to accept it. And if you did agree to it, that's your fault. Also, at any time you can tell the judge that you need a continuance because of your lack of faith in your lawyer. You will most likely get it, and get the time to hire a new one. Take responsibility for your actions, or quit larping.

Well, I didn't really have a drinking problem, I just liked to drink, and had very high tolerance. These days though, I hardly ever drink, and I don't drive drunk. It's really the easiest way to avoid a DUI.

The definition of substance abuse is the continued use despite negative consequences.

Driving with alcohol in your system increases the chance of legal trouble, the simple fact you chose to drive anyways means you are diagnosable with alcohol abuse per the DSM.

Not me but someone I know Is in for murder

Alright, sure. I was abusing alcohol. But really was just trying to give out a tip to others with the potential to get a DUI. Also, I hardly drink these days.

Thanks user, pretty much what my lawyer. My car was parked in front of my friend's house so I can bring him to testify or whatever. I'm still organizing my defense. I just want to delay my court hearing as much as possible though.

>Have your corneas turned yellow yet?

Don't know.

Can I get that tested?

I have a couple tricks that keep my liver healthy. I drink a lot of distilled water, and I drink wheatgrass juice.

I also use a lot of liquid b vitamins.

I'm of western European stock, and I don't even drink every day, but I still have a massive tolerance.

>i never understood why people insist on talking to police

Here's another thing: I had a roadside DUI and the County courtesy showed up. The young perp had just crossed a median and struck a young couple head-on. He was medically intact except for oddly dilated pupils and some excuse about bad tires.

The two victims were near death. The young lady passenger had a snapped spine and the young man driving had a mediastinal pneumothorax (punctured chest and lung). Lifeguard 1 flew them to the hospital where I understand they both survived.

The county officers start rifling through the debris in the street and found prescription medicine that was not prescribed to any of the victims. They seem to be trying to figure out some way to frame one of the victims, despite the fact that the victims were both literally dying right in front of us.

That's what kept me up at night. Not the horrors I saw, but the lack of empathy from other LE.