When did you first realize that there was no evidence for a deity?

When did you first realize that there was no evidence for a deity?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/107344603/
youtu.be/uQ7GvwUsJ7w
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's an interesting photo, OP. For what purpose?

>implying there's no evidence

hi newfriend

>implying anything exists

>implying there is evidence

If God/gods exist then they are probably Jews

Russian photo contest, this guy is a winner

By all means, present some!

It depends on what you define as a deity.
The dictionary definition is primarily a god or goddess.
God, in it's earlierst iteration of the word, simply means "from the cosmos" accordian to Sumerian dialect (the earliest recorded history known to man). Not only the Sumerians, but many other cultures across the globe who had no interactions with each other, also have a history of beings coming down from the sky and doing things such as teaching them. Beings like the Annunaki are one example.
There is more evidence supporting that deities exist or have existed than not.
Now if you believe the definition of god is "some omniscient man in the sky" it might be another thing which is why I defined deity in my post.
Also, Ancient Aliens (the show) talks about this a lot and while they're grasping for straws sometimes, there's a lot of facts they go over that's just plain interesting and supports some of the many theories they have.
It's kind of like gambling. If you place your bets (theories) on a wide array of numbers (places), you're more likely to get at least one thing right.

When I was 6 and there were no dinosaurs in genesis. Grew out of that nonsense in my twenties though.

according* not accordian. Made myself chuckle at that

1. There is an efficient cause for everything; nothing can be the efficient cause of itself.
2. It is not possible to regress to infinity in efficient causes.
3. To take away the cause is to take away the effect.
4. If there be no first cause then there will be no others.
5. Therefore, a First Cause exists (and this is God).

You're free to reject the evidence but you can't say there's no evidence.

hows about you give evidence disproving it

That's not how it works. The burden of proof rests with you.

God or no God, this kid is getting a urethral infection.

When i realised that everything starts from a beginning,and evolves.that a god sprang from no where,is a concept for people who live in fear

>REE NOT AN ARGUMENT

nice try atheist faggots, but you have no evidence on your side either :^)

What is "evidence"? Surely you don't have in mind something like the broken glass an intruder leaves on the floor which serves as evidence that he broke in. In the case of an immaterial creator, either such evidence is impossible or everything is evidence, depending on how you look at it. There is no criterion for filtering out some physical matter and isolating other physical matter, calling the latter "evidence". Do you expect that God left his mark on some and not other?

When I was 9.

t. Pantheist

No the burden of proof rests with the original claim which is OP's claim that there is no evidence which has already been contested. Since you're trying to echo OP's claim, it's probably fair to say that the burden of proof rests with you.

That's not how it works, YOU are making the claim God is real, therefor YOU have to prove it. Then the other side tries to disprove your evidence.

>Pascal's wager

What do I have to prove?
If I believe there is, somewhere out there, something that exists, you cannot disprove it.

You literally cannot disprove it, ever.

Theres billions of tea pots out there in space
you just cant see them

you cant prove me wrong

why try and prove someone else wrong for believing in god
you cant do it

When i first gained consciousness.

>ass blasted AmeriClap

If someone claims there is a god, they must prove it. We are free to say there is no god as no tangible, observable, and scrutinisable evidence whatsoever exists to back up the claim of god.

You don't get to claim the existence of a god and expect everyone else to prove you wrong.

when lonely betas who complain about the friendzone tipped their fedoras and became euphoric by their own intelligence. that was the most important day of my life. but for them? it was tuesday.

No, the claim was that there's no evidence.
You've been given evidence both here: and here: although the second one is more theoretical, it still stands.
At this point you have to somehow disprove the written history of cultures from all over the world, as well the argument for efficient cause.
It's worth noting that you misused a logical fallacy, so pick your words carefully.
Your argument simply points at the saying "abscense of evidence, isn't evidence of abscence", which is unnecessary because evidence has been provided.

> 1. There is an efficient cause for everything; nothing can be the efficient cause of itself.

There is cause of everything up until the big bang. This is the furthest we can back too right now.

2. It is not possible to regress to infinity in efficient causes.

Actually it is, because cause is a temporal affect and thus is dependent on time.

3. To take away the cause is to take away the effect.

Yes, so lets take away both. Now lets try to wrap our minds around what came before. The concept may not even apply!

4. If there be no first cause then there will be no others.

There doesn't need to be if what ever this 'event' was allowed causes to occur.

5. Therefore, a First Cause exists (and this is God).

You haven't even spoken about a deity. Maybe the ole switch-a-roo doesn't work?

dude don't waste your time with that guy. he crazy.

When did you realize that lack of empirical evidence for one claim does not justify an affirmative belief in the inverse of the claim?

The only way to know for sure is to kill yourself. Post on pol as a ghost to let us know if there's a god. We're counting on you.

Read my post here: The claim was not "prove god is real" it was "there's no evidence of a deity"
Since your own claim echoes the ORIGINAL claim, burden of proof is on you, claims for evidence have already been made, and so far you have no actual refutation.

Wrong on your first point already

Rejecting a claim is not "affirmative belief." I asked, when did you realize there was no evidence for a deity.

That's not true at all. You could hypnotize deities that you could only 'visit' while being alive.

What exists outside of conciousness?

i aint readin all that shit nigga

its called a "belief" for a reason
its a persons "belief"

you cant disprove a "belief"

When I was 15, then I realized there was evidence.
>implying "evidence" isn't a misleading term for meaningless objects which do not reveal their own nature and thus the term can not be used to understand the nature of that which transcends material objects

Conciousness is a single organ function. Your other organs do great stuff and they're just as important. Oh yeah, and the rest of the Universe. Animals, let a lone earth are bot a dot.

Why are you faggots always interested in a deity? I still don't understand how the universe came to be. One step at a time.

hello gayass

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/107344603/
threadly reminder

I'm arguing for the claim that there is "no evidence that a deity exists", not your belief that one actually does exist or not, you're misunderstanding the entire argument.

I want to know how the Universe came to be as well. Just not going to fill in the blank till we do.

refer to my earlier picture

you cant disprove a feeling dumbass

I mean arguing against the claim that there's no evidence, because there is, in literal stones from acient civilizations.

That's cute and yes I've seen threads like this before but those aren't my prose. I prefer saying deity over a 'God.'

I'm not disproving a feeling, I'm disproving that there's no evidence, which is something physical, are you illiterate or are you trolling?

do you agree there is atleast intelligent design?
or just one of those le random outcomes

The problem is that any 'evidence' in this matter is completely subjective. Personally I believe our sheer ability to be ourselves is enough evidence. Why us? Of all the living things on even just this planet, why are we 7 billion so blessed with understanding? Among all the infinities of the universe, here I am, sitting at my computer, typing this. Why??

I believe we are all part of something much larger. Is there a God? Maybe, yes, and I choose to follow religion. But yet again there are so many more explanations in such a limitless existence.

When I visited California.

No way could I believe in a benevolent god after that.

the evidence is that its a feeling/thought dumbnigger

you dont need a fucking potato with "god is real" scrawled on it in solid gold

>evidence is subjective
No, written history is a lot less subjective, read this:

The amazing atheist, and also some threads on reddit (inb4lefedora), there are tons of people that redpilled AND atheist, I'd even say that a majority of atheists are actually more redpilled than christcucks, there's literally no evidence for any deity, idiots

Then you have to prove that unrelated cultures around the world in ancient times all coincidentally lied about beings coming down from the sky and interacting with them.
The only "dumbnigger" here is you. Stop using logical fallacies, you'll be better for it.

1st brain ping:
>Parents == Santa Claus.
2nd brain ping:
>"Dear Father in Heaven, I ask that I'd cease to exist this instant, Amen."
>still here

All before 15 years of age, living under the guidance of devout Christian parents.

"no"

(you)

>the amazing atheist
>red pilled

>The amazing atheist,

congrats on your autism user.

Of course there's intelligent design. It just depends on the bell curve of sentient life making it.

>thinking what you want is more important than what God wants
too many people get hung up on what THEY want, not what God wants for them.

A few hundred years ago there was no evidence of infra red light.

or oxygen.

We're all experiencing the synchronicity of singularity.

You realize that this moment you witness is also being shared with ~7 billion other human beings on this dump we call Earth.

There's a reason for classification of "aliens" because Snowflake Syndrome is common among people of all different places.

>posting shitty human edits
You will know punishment for your deeds when our matriarch murder rapes you with her enormous faux penis of power

Did you know that (you)s probably give our brains dopamine?

No, you can't regress to infinity you inbreed because then it would take infinite movement to get to us. In other words infinite time and as such we would not exist. You can thank God for you ability to deny.

Implying:
>an omnipotent being needs to fuss with tiny creatures for entertainment
>a higher being needs tiny animals to function as components of its being

Arguably the latter, but individuals have become disposable. I exist and suffer for apparently no other reason, and observed the same of others.

Why would I be unable to derive continuous joy from the activity of collecting information and growing as an individual if it were for the emotional development of an all-loving being?

If I suffer, and do not later benefit, and the creation benefits, the creator is a sadist.

Philosophy tends to make things appear more complicated than they really are.

We're just sentient animals projecting a traumatic, uncertain childhood onto the unforgiving nature around us. Some adults don't finish developing intellectually, and require an imaginary parental figure to justify their experiences and express sympathy for the choices they make.

There no such thing as infinity without time or space. You're using temporal language that doesn't apply. Why should I think your concept of a deity for my sentience when there's no correlation?

Underrated

When I was realized there's no evidence for space.

Near the beginning, probably around kindergarten or so. But it was never about physical evidence. It was about faith, that was the loophole that kept me there for another 10 years or so.

Herr derrr "muh evidence".

There is no evidence. It's a leap of faith. It will remain so.

What do you expect, God to just show up at a shopping mall saying "I'm back bitches!" and taking selfies?

Is this a jojo reference?

That is a powerful fallacy my autistic friend.

>The material world cannot be infinite thus it must be created by non-material things.
>B-b-but non material things don't exist so your argument is invalid. Kys, faggot.
>Therefore there cannot be a infinite non-material being
>H-h-ha! Take that theist!

You are retarded. I proved that the material world was created therefore something immaterial created it yet you respond that infinity can only exist in spacetime. Hello? Non-material infinity?

You see there's two dimensions. Space and time.

Consciousness is one dimensional which exists in between the space and time dimensions.

Then there are 3 spacial dimensions, up down left right forward backward.

3 spacial dimensions and 1 dimension of time.

We'd like to imagine that there are ~7 billion different timelines that exist, but no those are just different lives.

I'm trying for an objective explanation of consciousness but we all experience this singular moment subjectively.

It's only when we manifest communication in spacial dimensions do we recognize the time dimension and can work things out objectively.

This moment, this singularity that we all share can objectively be labeled as "God" but that would disgrace his holiness to exist beyond our observable dimensions infinitely.

While there is no objective empirical evidence of the existence of this moment. We can all understand it objectively.

interior crocodile alligator

When op is a faggot that yousharks

if the universe is a simulation,then good god you might have cracked it!

God or no god. Free will is an illusion and everything is predetermined.

I dont understand.

The fact the anything exists is fine evidence for the existence of a deity

I think what you are struggling with is finding evidence that it cares about its creation.

The first time I asked a theist to provide any.

When did you realize that quantum mechanics shows that particles behave one way when they are looked at and another when you turn away.

Where were you when your intellect grasped those implications.

youtu.be/uQ7GvwUsJ7w

Spatial

>the fact that the only explanation i can conceive of is a deity is evidence for a deity
That's not how it works.

i am be very smart!

plenty of EVIDENCE
no PROOF

In 12th grade when we did babby's first QM in 1 dimension.

>Consciousness is one dimensional which exists in between the space and time dimensions.
This literally doesn't mean anything. You're just taking words with well-established mathematical/physical meanings and imbuing them with your own magical mystic connotations.

If my dick was several inches longer
I would have believed in an all good perfect god

So it comes down to a question of semantics? OP was talking about a creative force. Yes/no. How does anything become created without a creative force?

That's because I'm God. I can do that, pleb.

Learn to God or GTFO.

I thought chinks were atheist
Are you a Christian?