Trump's cabinet pick invested in company, then introduced a bill to help it

edition.cnn.com/2017/01/16/politics/tom-price-bill-aiding-company/

>Rep. Tom Price last year purchased shares in a medical device manufacturer days before introducing legislation that would have directly benefited the company, raising new ethics concerns for President-elect Donald Trump's nominee for Health and Human Services secretary.

>Price bought between $1,001 to $15,000 worth of shares last March in Zimmer Biomet, according to House records reviewed by CNN. Less than a week after the transaction, the Georgia Republican congressman introduced the HIP Act, legislation that would have delayed until 2018 a Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services regulation that industry analysts warned would significantly hurt Zimmer Biomet financially once fully implemented.

>Zimmer Biomet, one of the world's leading manufacturers of knee and hip implants, was one of two companies that would been hit the hardest by the new CMS regulation that directly impacts the payments for such procedures, according to press reports and congressional sources. After Price offered his bill to provide Zimmer Biomet and other companies relief from the CMS regulation, the company's political action committee donated to the congressman's reelection campaign, records show.

>If confirmed, Price will be a key player in Trump's efforts to repeal the Affordable Care Act. Trump last week said a plan to repeal and replace Obamacare will be submitted "as soon as" Price is confirmed. He will appear before the Senate health committee this week, but must also appear before the Senate Finance Committee.

Yeah, this looks like a conflict of interest. I hope they address this.

>Price bought between $1,001 to $15,000 worth of shares

Well which one the fuck is it?

They really should. If Trump wants to "drain the swamp*, this is a really weird way to do it. We don't need more crony capitalism running this country.

This is not illegal for Congress to do. Total horseshit.

These are the same people hitching about Trump and "conflicts of interest".

Fake news made up by the CIA-FBI-CNN-BBC

bad pick.

Concerning...

Drain the swamp, huh...

Stop watching ASMR you filthy degenerate

Ayyyyy

Where did the swamp drain go?

Putinbots are here in full force.

oh grow up already, how else is it supposed to work? Everyone benefits when the rich get richer.

was it good legislation?

This is Price less

>cnn
>not fake news
into the trash it goes.

Sounds like a guy who knows how to get things done and make money in the process. /ourguy/

either way it is chump change, not enough to make a difference in anyone's bank account

>1000 bucks

Figurative fucking peanuts when it comes to stocks

I want Trump to be the manifest of all the democrats' nightmares.

Let's just fucking crash this already.

ignore post

How is this fake news? He invested money into a company and then used his legislative powers to give his personal investment a boost.

How is this not unethical?

>Rep. Tom Price last year purchased shares in a medical device manufacturer days before introducing legislation that would have directly benefited the company, raising new ethics concerns for President-elect Donald Trump's nominee for Health and Human Services secretary.

>After Price offered his bill to provide Zimmer Biomet and other companies relief from the CMS regulation, the company's political action committee donated to the congressman's reelection campaign, records show.

You have GOT to be kidding me.

It's so transparent I have to assume that although this is obviously morally bankrupt it must be legal and that the guy is just completely shameless.

>he fell for the "trickle down economics" meme

You poor poor fellow.

No, the money goes to offshore accounts in tax havens like the Cayman Islands so you don't benefit from it.

Don't tell me you fell for the trickle down economics meme.

>Sup Forums is unironically defending crony capitalism

What a day to be alive.

The swamp just got 10 feet higher.

Post-purchase rationalization.

>The issue has become a major liability for the congressman after The Wall Street Journal reported last month that he traded roughly $300,000 in shares over the past four years in health companies while pursuing legislation that could impact them.

Lel, he wasn't even trying to be subtle about the insider trading. I can only assume the SEC will be recommending charges that result in prison time. Right? Right?

Sure is a lot of draining the swamp in this administration right?

If Donald Trump screws this up, I won't be voting for him again in 2020. He's not even in office yet and I'm already feeling disappointed.

How to drain the swamp
>Hire the swamp
>Wait for the swamp to start pulling swamp shit
>Catch them redhanded in the middle of said swamp shit
>Go public with proof of swampfaggotry and fire them on live TV
>Repeat until entire swamp is wrecked
>Only non-swampfags left at the end

As time goes by I feel more and more convinced that I should have voted for a third-party candidate. I don't care if they didn't have a chance, this guy was supposed to be the anti-establishment candidate, but he keeps doing this crap.