My friend recently withdrew from keeping up with news and politics citing that it was all too depressing and there was...

My friend recently withdrew from keeping up with news and politics citing that it was all too depressing and there was nothing we could do about it.

While I disagree I couldn't think of a very good reason why he should continue to take an interest so I put it to you Sup Forums.

Why do you care about what's going on in the world when there's nothing you can do to stop it?

because i'm addicted and there's nothing else as interesting in my life to keep my otherwise occupied.

Way more entertaining than any dumb TV show.

Better to know all the bad shit and be depressed than being a clueless amd happy idiot

The brexit vote kinda proved that the population can't be fucked over indefinitely. I mean, people will only accept bending over and taking it in the ass for so long before they say fuck this.

Because while I can't stop it I can at least prepare for it

checked

the best jokes come from truth

yes

Comedy TV is better. My favorite is broad city. Digits confimr

Can't do anything?

Nigga, I got Donald Trump elected President, and that's after I made sure Britain left the Globalist Union.

Why cant Canadians post like this?

I don't have any friends, a job, or prospects of any kind, and happenings are the only things that can muster the emotions I have left.

I don't come here for the politics, just to preach Christianity, keep up with the news and the dank memes.

fpbp desu

Truth.

Luck favors the prepared.

Being ignorant of the world is the easiest method to prevent yourself from ever succeeding.

I actually feel the same way and don't actively keep up with the news. What good does knowing about a plane crash on the other side of the world do me? I still hear about the big things just by the nature of spending so much time online, but I don't actively seek things out.

Local news is the only thing you should care about most of the time, and even then it rarely effects you.

>there's nothing you can do to stop it?

Nigger do you remember brexit and trump? We can and did change the world.

>Why do you care about what's going on in the world
One, same reason some people care about sports. It's entertaining. Two, it affects the future of people like me.
>when there's nothing you can do to stop it?
Incorrect

you're a cuck.

im building a kingdom

Sup Forums memes

I wish I had the willpower to complete withdraw from all media. No more Sup Forums, Reddit, YouTube, MSM, Styxhexenhammer, memes, etc. I wish I could shut it all off. This constant barrage of news and anger. But the boredom and curiosity gets to me. I can't help it. My life has gone to shit because of it. I've become antisocial, pessimistic, depressive. Any tips to avoid it? I think I might make an attempt starting tomorrow. Completely abstain from the outside world and live in my own bubble.

easiest way is to leave all of your internet accessible items at a family member's house.
I did this for a week and It felt extremely odd at first, then good.
Then I slunk back into my old habits and Sup Forums

I know this feel.

Personally, when I'm not playing vidya or watching a show, I like to read. Sup Forums is the most interesting thing to me to read currently.

entertainment and memery