youtube.com/watch?v=Cf_-g3UWQ04
youtube.com/watch?v=qs_a_cd61-8
youtube.com/watch?v=UEuOpxOrA_0
youtube.com/watch?v=OYejuINUfYk
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VSS_Unity
virgingalactic.com/updates/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

not if we keep paying shitskins to have babies, we won't

Isn't there a Mars mission in the planning right now ?
And who gives a shit anyways? Humans will eventually kill eachother

You're joking right? The United States doesn't even have a shuttle program anymore.

Men like this are/were genuine heroes. Somehow I don't think it's said enough. I'm going to down a shot of gin in their honor. Goddamn they were cool.

Soon people will forget that it ever happened

;_; for god's sake just gas them already!!

What? We gave that shit to the private sector.

i think it's only "were" now

nope

We're going to mars faggot.

He is b8 lol

Yes to ferry supplies and people to the ISS, nothing more.

I don't care what pie in the sky crap Elon Musk says, we aren't going to Mars int he near future, that's about 15 years out if ever.

F

I just googled it. There are 7 Apollo astronauts still alive. That's just from that one program. I'm not sure about Mercury or Gemini missions.

Rip ;_;7

I wanted to be an astronaut as a kid. I played in our sand pit wearing a full snowmobile suit in summertime, pretending to walk on the moon.

We never went faggot

"We" as in the US or NASA in its current political state, may or may not. It'd be beneficial, but there's too many fucking pussies with no ambition or vision.
"We", as in humanity, have no choice in the matter; one way or another, we're going out there and playing for keeps. Manifest destiny, motherfuckers.

If we don't so much as touch the moon again during the Trump years, I'm going to personally spread nasa conspiracy theories

15 years may be the life expectancy in your shitass country, but here in the first world that's still considered near future.

We'll go to Mars as soon as China announces that's what they plan to do. Losing a space race to them would be a symbolic nail in the coffin, so I actually expect we'll go balls-out again like in the 60's. But definitely not before then. People will be willing to spend billions of tax dollars to save their national pride, not gather some fucking space rocks.

Why are you mad that the United States has a shitty civilian space program?

>back

I personally would enjoy having capitalist/Nation Building space exploration.

Means a lot coming from a country that barely learned how to launch a comsat

I think it's India that we have to watch the most. They've gone from practically no capability all the way up to functional satellites around Mars in almost no time, and they ahve a manned spaceflight program in the works right now. If we don't get ourselves going, America and Russia are going to end up utterly humiliated as Hindis land a permanent base on the moon or Mars and turn it into a designated shitting planet.

>We never went faggot
>back

KYS faggots.

Implying we went in the first place.

> hurr hurr moon landing is a hoax

>shitty civilian space program
>Still manages to be better than everyone else

perhaps has more to do with the sad state of humanity, but still, fuck you.

Mankind has never left the earths orbit.

we never went there in the first place

lmfao ever heard of photoshop

Never went in the first place.

Working on a replacement. Shuttle was a neet project but nasa is getting back to basics.

I'm an American.

Why are you mad? Are you mad because there are no manned missions to mars beyond preliminary planning stages? A human won't touch mars until 2030 at the earliest.

>Mankind
Has never breached the atmosphere. We cannot exist outside of Earthlike environments.

>believing daddy gubbermint
Keep hurr durring kike dick to your dome faggot.

Checked for groupthink.

>
>>Mankind
>Has never breached the atmosphere. We cannot exist outside of Earthlike environments.
You claim that in this thread, and then in another you argue for more fossil fuel use and pollution so we can keep wrecking the environment we have. Sickening.

have some national pride you fucking autistic retard.

I never did anything of the sort.

>tfw there are 7 people left who set foot on the moon, and the last of them of will likely die before we ever return, if we return at all

Was there a movement in the 16th Century claiming that Columbus never landed in the Americas and the whole discovery thing was faked?

Space-X is known as a 'spike'. Government psy-ops. It uses 25-30 year old defence technology to scare the shit out of foreign powers.
The gist of it is:
'Hey, Russkies and Sinos, this is what our PRIVATE SECTOR is now capable of.'
In reality the USA military is essentially just recycling old tech.

>Has never breached the atmosphere
kek, people are actually this retarded.

Now that is rare Pepe.

If we follow JFK's logic, going to space and maybe the moon is pretty easy with modern tech.My phone has more omputing power than 60's NASA.

Also, how will we benefit from returning to the moon? Who's waiting up there for us?

>back there

Implying anyone went there in the first place.

>astronaughts in peak physical condition are dying early at an age directly correlated to their time exposed to cosmic radiation
>humans cannot put an vessel into space thick enough to block most of this radiation
>we cannot put a craft into space that generates enough energy to deflect or repel this radiation
>the radiation comes in unpredictable high bursts due to cosmic events trillions of millions of miles away eons ago
>people are still dumping venture capital money into a mars colony

Don't even get me started on cooling the computer needed to make the aerospace calculations necessary to even reach mars orbit if a single correction is needed

Indian Loo-nar Lander

I would watch a comedy skit with that premise.

designated shitting moon!

isnt it bizarre that they have nukes and a space program but cant figure basic sanitation?

Obligatory

>Also, how will we benefit from returning to the moon? Who's waiting up there for us?
Going to the moon means we're progressing in the direction of space travel. idk if you knew this or not, but one day this planet will be made uninhabitable for life, whether it's an asteroid or it's our sun fizzling out. If you value the human species and its offspring avoiding extinction, then travelling to the moon is as tremendous and hope-inspiring a feat as anything that's ever happened.

Everything else is getting a reboot. Why not reboot the moon landing.

Pretty much all early astronauts got more cosmic radiation in aircraft like pic related than during their short space flights. They were all test pilots with ungodly amount flight hours.

Reusable boosters in the private sector is not a good thing?

Were you talking like this when Texas Instruments came out with the first integrated circuit?

Because reusability for rockets is like integrated circuits to computers. A complete paradigm shift on the level of the Industrial Revolution.

Dark Age soon, fellow stalker. Prepare your body.

>LYING TO YOURSELF
>NATIONAL PRIDE

okay ther autism boy why dont you go sit in the corner and rock back and forth, you seem a little upset and i know that calms you down

Obama cancelled the plan to return to the Moon.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constellation_program

implying we've been.

>last vestige of "America's" (((greatness))) dead and buried
>chinks taking over space and terrafirma

no wonder he hara kiri'd

replacements are coming soon

youtube.com/watch?v=LVzwf0nS-eE
youtube.com/watch?v=4Ca6x4QbpoM
youtube.com/watch?v=Cf_-g3UWQ04
youtube.com/watch?v=qs_a_cd61-8
youtube.com/watch?v=UEuOpxOrA_0

So would KEK it would seem.

Could you be more Asian, Ming?

only if I apostatised shit-posting and became a leaf

Nazis, duh.

Can we just send all non whites there instead? Sans space suits maybe?

I'm sure we are there now user, part of the black world/breakaway civilization.

You have to go back.

Why believe anything? It's all Photoshopped after all...

Time to kill yourself.

Mexico speaking the truth.

Isn't there a radiation belt that we can't leave?

Also what is directly below earth in space

>radiation belt
It's all radiation. There's a narrow margin of space that our magnetosphere blocks solar wind within however. And yes it will kill you if you don't put up simple barriers.

the moon is white, just like all the men who ever walked on it!

What do we call 1000 black people on the moon?

>A problem.

What do we call 1000000 black people on the moon?

>A problem.

What do we call all the black people on the moon?

>Problem Solved

Also, I don't understand the actual point of manned missions to mars. It will never be an effective colony with a dead core. No magnetosphere. I guess we can do it for the lulz similar to the moon landing though. Whatever.

A layer of dirt and sand works wonders for blocking radiation. Mars has extractable water, soil that can be made arable, and plenty of metallic minerals. It'd be a tough place to live, but not that much tougher than Antarctica.

you can start that core back up by drilling to the center of it and detonating a nuclear device

No you fucking can't.

Short of mining I don't understand the practicality of fighting off all the radiation. If it's mining we want we can get all we want from passing asteroids. I mean, I would like to have a Mars colony sure but is it even feasible? If it's not feasible or even practical I don't see it happening.

I'm sure he's just joking on about that one movie

>below in space
Are you fucking retarded?

Trump will Make the Moon America Again.

is that adrian brody?

we never went.

Yes, but we can just go around the most intense portions of the belts by launching with an inclined trajectory.
The outer bands are weaker and the astronauts pass through quickly enough that it's not a serious hazard.

youtube.com/watch?v=OYejuINUfYk

The main advantage of having a moon/mars base is the fact that it's easier to launch spacecraft there due to the lower gravity and lack of atmosphere.

would the base ideally be placed on the dark side of the moon?

RIP in peace spaceman

We could just do it from space though. I like the idea of a Mars to Earth series of shuttles that sling shut off each planet and head back to the other one at minimal amount of fuel. With a conveyer system like that it would make sense to go to Mars to fuck around. I just don't see it as a viable long term habitation zone.

There is no dark side of the moon.

Building a base on the far side of the moon would just complicate communications with Earth. Plus the far side is more rugged than the near side.

Because it's the baby steps we need to take in order to touch the stars

Of course we are. Hell, even private companies are working on it. Big government had it's chance and blew it on gibsmedats.
Civilians are preparing to bust this shit wide open.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VSS_Unity
virgingalactic.com/updates/
In the very near future people will be able to pay big chunk of money and fly at the edge of space. After that gets started then they'll move forward with whatever else makes money. If we can find commercial uses for space travel then it WILL happen. Imagine living on a retirement colony on the moon and living longer because of less stress on the body. Thats a possibility and a good motivation for people to work and compete harder thus propelling us further along the path.

one day, when weve solved enough problems down here
thats when we discover the REAL KEK

We as a species are more advanced than you realize. Most of the tech you use on a daily basis was invented 40 or 50 years ago at least. Of course, the powers at be keep the really good stuff for themselves. Never forget this.

Why? The moon is much more habitable because of logistics, makes the perfect space port.

What does mars have thats valuable to us right now that we can't just build? Its 1/4 the size of earth and barren and it takes months to get there