Why is the cost of living in America getting so high?

Why is the cost of living in America getting so high?

>2001
>bottle of pop is $1
>top of the line chevy pickup is $25,000
>2017
>bottle of pop is $3
>top of the line chevy pickup is $55,000

>inb4 Canadians
Your country is a shitty American puppet state minus the guns, no one cares what you have to say

>inb4 hurr you dont need to drink pop or buy a pick up truck
Missing the point

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jqQPTxo_voo
youtube.com/watch?v=qqZZGE0jHgA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population
topuniversities.com/student-info/student-finance/how-much-does-it-cost-study-us
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World
youtube.com/watch?v=DyV0OfU3-FU&t=1307s
youtube.com/watch?v=cyxxE1AcUSM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Americans will eat whatever shit their overlords feed them and be damn proud of it because of their "red white n blue star spangled banner". Any notion or idea to demand and improvement in quality of life is meant with childish name-calling and apathy.

Americans are the ultimate good goys.

Honestly who is buying these new trucks for 50k that devalue 5k a year?

>pop
Fuck you, op

pickup truck do hold their value, faggot, don't talk about stuff you don't know

>bottle of pop

>pop

>pop

>pop

Uncivilized nigger

God you guys are fucking retarded sometimes

Certain things hold value like having a 4x4, V8, etc but most luxury trucks dive bomb in value the first 5 years. My brother worked in oil in Alberta and spent a little over 60k on a Diesel truck 2 years ago. Really regretted buying it and has had it listed on the classifieds for 48k for the past month.

>pop

Also they fluctuate between $1 and $1.50, get out of your liberal sardine city.

>implying any truck should cost $50,000

>Why is the cost of living in America getting so high?

It's "Inflation"

It's what happens after 8 years of "Quantative Easing" which is "Printing more money and giving it away" so that instead of there being 100 $1 notes there's 300 $1 notes and now what used to cost $1 costs $3

YFW

The kikes are getting lazier and lazier. They're just jacking up the prices slowly but steadily until they bleed us dry. Fucking scum.

Inflation and increased taxes.

Next dumb question.

Fucking leaf.

I should also mention that all the QE money doesn't go to you, you continue to earn the same amount. Someone rich is keeping their value by thwarting inflation

this is why trump got elected

youtube.com/watch?v=jqQPTxo_voo

It objectively is called pop.

>is meant with

What is the minimum wage in your state?

The cost of living in the cities is high, so just move out of the cities where living is getting cheaper.

youtube.com/watch?v=qqZZGE0jHgA

It doesn't matter because while $8 might seem huge to you, here in the US $8/hr will put you living with your parents or sleeping in your car.

>blue

Gold*

Quantitative Easing, just a fancy way of saying: "we printed a bunch of phony money and put it in circulation"

>move out of the cities

FUCK OFF WE ARE FULL

>>bottle of pop is $3
What? I just bought a bottle of pepsi (with REAL SUGAR) for $1.

Move out of a shitty city.

pic related op

that happens when you keep printing money.. it will also happen when you raise min wage.

Again, move out of liberal cities and you wouldn't encounter this problem.

What is the Federal Reserve?
What is inflation?
What is usury?
Why were the jews kicked out of 11 countries and counting?

>It's what happens after 8 years of "Quantative Easing"

This kangaroo fucker gets it!

First we get rid of mongols raised by wolves that call it pop not soda. Now after that happens the IQ of America goes up exponentially. With lesser demand and higher supply we can lower prices of products.

>move out of the cities
>America has 300 cities with a population of 100,000 people or more
>somehow this is not representative of life in America

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_cities_by_population

just BTFO, leave my thread now please.

Dishwasher in Russia receives $ 8 for 8 hours. A liter of milk costs 1$, a liter of gasoline 0.5$. As Americans even complain?

More people in USA now live in cities than rural areas.

This ought to terrify you because cities don't produce the things necessary for life. The proper function of a city is to take the best and brightest from the country and improve their methods.

People keep coming to the cities because rural living is poor and city living MIGHT give wealth. Now there are too many people in the cities and too few in the country. Because of this inflation increases. City folks HAVE to pay whatever the store charges for bread - they can't grow wheat.

The cities switched from improving the country to sucking it dry.

This will continue until the cities crumble in on themselves. I moved to a very large city and I can see it happening in real time.

>$8 might seem huge to you
No that huge, but still there is a few people here who works for 8-10 bucks per 10hr.

You just need to kill the gays.

It's a representative of a shitty liberal life in America, why the fuck would you willingly subject yourself to that?

Boomers. Or more specifically, housing.

My grandfather bought a house and paid it off in a couple of years on his government salary while his wife stayed home. Sold it after he retired and his wife died for enough money to buy a downtown condo and still have over $100,000 in the bank. My parents bought a house for a bit over $200,000 and sold it 13 years later for almost $500,000.

Here where I live in WA state, builders wanted to start building lots of apartment buildings, lots and lots of units. The homeowners mobbed the city council and raised such a hullabaloo that the plans were cancelled.

Housing costs are a bigger issue than minimum wage. You've got to work 60 hours a week to rent a one bedroom apartment. Retards say we need to raise wages, while ignoring that housing has absolutely exploded. People consider houses investments, and the rule about investments is that they always have to increase in value. Any attempt to lower housing costs is treated as an attack, because it is. You're slashing people's net worth.

Fuck them. It has to happen. If you can rent a one bedroom for $300 a month in a good neighborhood, you don't need $15 an hour. Screw boomer faggots who want to get rich because they bought 20 years ago and get rich by existing.

And Russia is a 3rd world country, so what's your point honestly?

You also don't have niggers or faggotry so pat yourself on the back.

Yeah America is great compared to Africa, is that really the standard we should be holding ourselves to? Shitty litmus test desu

Diesels are worth the money cause you can get around 400k miles out of them

Your country is a shitty Canadian puppet state minus the syrup, no one cares what you have to say

Why is sickcare free for NATO countries?

Why do NATO countries have a higher minimum wage?

Once we stop footing the bill you'll understand

>because my economy is shit other shit economies cant complain

russians are so fucking dumb sometimes, not always, but right now

Well, if prices doubled, surely wages doubled r-ight?

Besides, the Fed keeps telling me that there is no inflation.

Time for me to go smash a few windows to help the economy.

>If you can rent a one bedroom for $300 a month in a good neighborhood,
Holy shit user, California here, hook me up with the 1980's time warp.
One bedroom appt's here in shitty neighborhoods go for $800-$1000 easy.
Nice neighborhood? Expect to pay $1200+

>And Russia is a 3rd world country
>don't know what 1st 2cd and 3rd world means
Wew lad.

Four 12oz cans for $1

How much is 1 year of college in the us? On average

Because it is where the good paying jobs are. If you are a faggot like OP and can't make at least 75k a year, then yeah you should probably get the fuck out of the major cities because they are expensive as fuck.

I do miss living out in the country though. All the open land and nice people. But that's just not where the good paying jobs are.

Because the monetary supply has been expanding. It's called inflation.

>college in the us
Consider suicide famalam.

People who feel they need to impress others. I put my money in my house, where the value is actually recognized

>houses as investments
This is the root of the issue. Houses are not investments. Unless you're putting ton of money into them they shouldn't be increasing in value that much.

>pop

kys

i bought 80 acres 18 years ago for $54k. I was 23 at the time. I could easily sell it today for $300k

or i could have paid rent like an idiot.

topuniversities.com/student-info/student-finance/how-much-does-it-cost-study-us

>minus the guns
We have plenty of guns eh

> where the value is actually recognized
Lol.

>pop

These threads always get filled with US government shills trying to defend "muh greatest country" illusion

Wish they'd stop spending our tax dollars on this shill shit honestly and instead focus on keeping Mr. Goldberg and friends in check over there at the Federal Reserve. I guess it's easier to lie to people than actually try and fix things

Depends where you go and the prestige of the school. Can be as low as ~$3k a year for community "college," midwest state colleges are usually around $15-20k a year for instate, 25k for out of state, and more for international. Prestigious schools vastly inflate those numbers.

>Besides, the Fed keeps telling me that there is no inflation.

>mfw QE is meant to stop inflation
>literally printing money to stop inflation

What the fuck... hahaha

Do you even know what being a 3rd world country means? Here, educate yourself:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_World

That's because no one wants to buy rusted rigpigs you mong.

>pop

which is kinda funny.. because as a redneck who doesn't have standards, I can go buy a brand new trailer house for $300/m

nice image

you forgot Oprah Winfrey

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I'm in Tacoma, which is the second largest city in the state of Washington but still no Seattle, and it's still $900 for a one bedroom in a nice part of town.

My mother owns around here, not in a super nice but really pretty good part. She paid $210,000 a few years ago, and it's already up to $235,000. House across the street which is bigger but not by much sold for $300,000. I know because the real estate agent dropped off a flyer letting her know and offering to help her sell.

Somebody needs to tell owners to deal with it and just start building. Pop this bubble and let it crash. When we can buy a house for a few years' payments again, we'll be a lot better off. Can't keep fucking the next generation.

>what is inflation
What you should be asking is why do your wages not grow accordingly.

That meaning has changed over time. Now it refers to how developed countries are today.

What did the federal reserve mean by this?

>Screw boomer faggots who want to get rich because they bought 20 years ago and get rich by existing.
This desu senpai

>Unless you're putting ton of money into them they shouldn't be increasing in value that much.
so I should sell my property for $50k when there are 10 guys willing to pay $400k? Did you fail logic?

Not exactly the same, but I dropped 35k on a Wrangler. It devalues super slow though so it's not so bad.

>implying that you aren't Canada's vassal state
>implying we don't live on your dime because we don't have to fund our military cuz you do it for us
>implying that Canada isn't geographically larger and therefore more relevant than your country which is smaller than China

Stay mad.

>pop

Subhuman nigger detected

Regardless if the meaning is changed, Russia still isn't 3rd world by either definition of the word.

you got a problem with the midwest, friendo?

We also need to kick out 30-60 million illegals and see what that does to labor and housing.

watch this, and the subsequent videos

youtube.com/watch?v=DyV0OfU3-FU&t=1307s

Bonds are purchased via central bank
Bonds go up in value due to frequency trading and speculation from private sector
private sector buys bonds
central bank forgives bond debt completely.

Words of wisdom. Praise Thoth.

youtube.com/watch?v=cyxxE1AcUSM

Fuck that. I don't want to live near rural retards.

>buying a luxury truck

pretty fucking gay desu

>wanting to live near city retards instead

I don't think about midwest at all

that's obviously an exaggeration and our inflation is actually really low compared to most countries, around 2% a year on average and lower in the past couple years

checked!

Fiat currency is pretty much as speculative as stocks and bonds are, it's mind boggling there isn't more fluctuation desu. Quantitative easing has fucked us horribly though, inflation is just getting worse.

Minus the guns my ass. Outside the GTA and major cities guns are everywhere.

To accentuate my point, I'll tell a story of Sault Ste Marie.

>Lovers triangle.
>New boyfriend.
>Old boyfriend not happy.
>Goes to old girlfriend's house with shotgun looking for revenge.
>Fires.
>Misses.
>Drops gun drives off.
>Found dead crashed into side of strip club.
>Cause of death ????
>Stab wounds.

True story.

Look like pretty solid investments to me.

I don't live in a city and I call bullshit. You can barely live on 12 an hour out here

If you have the right skill sets the you can try to find a job that lets you telework full time.

Only issue I have with rural areas is that they lack high speed internet options.

They're shills

I wonder (((((WHY))))????

>Tfw In Debt 20,000 dollars from 6 months of culinary school
Should I just end it now?

What the fuck is pop?