How are Atheists CERTAIN that some form of God cannot exist?

How are Atheists CERTAIN that some form of God cannot exist?

Can you prove your mom wasn't an emu?

I can prove it to you but I will need your help.

I'm not, but I'm not convinced either. I know that if God does exist it isn't his job to prove it to me, I figure it'll come in the form of a great awakening or it won't come at all. Either way, I'm fine.

Just kill yourself and see....

>certain
wrong

SHADILAY BROTHERS THE DAY OF THE ROPE IS NOW.

I'll bite

If you're not certain, you're agnostic not atheist.

a/gnosticism deals with knowledge, a/theism deals with belief.
The terms have been severely bastardized.

How are Theists CERTAIN that some form of god exists?

I have no issue with agnostics, even as dumb as that is, but the fact that muslims and christians think over half the world is wrong, and they are right, simply because of where they are born, is silly to me.

>a/theism deals with belief.
No, it means you DON'T believe any any gods.

a/theism (note the slash) deals with the realm of belief, meaning to believe (in a god) or to not (a).
The terms are meant to be used together to paint an actual picture of the person's view, e.g "gnostic theist" believes and claims to know it's true, "agnostic atheist" does not believe but does not claim to know whether one exists.

Their faith gives them certainty
I can't explain it any further than that because faith is a mysterious concept that isn't grounded in logic

But don't you see a problem when people from 5 different faiths all claim similar feelings?

You can even find people from atheistic religions like Buddhism making similar claims.

How can you not see this as bullshit?

Atheists are autistic enough to demand proofs, when it's all based on faith alone.

You misread the tone of my post if you think I'm defending faith
it's not grounded in logic - they believe in something because they choose to believe in it, not because they were convinced it's true. If they believe they were convinced it's true (like if they experienced a 'miracle' or something that they could only attribute to a god), they've fallen into faith to explain something which they can't logically explain since faith doesn't require logic

Saying something isn't based in logic isn't a defense. I understand you're not trying to defend it, but your opening post attacks atheism in a way that implies you think faith is acceptable in any way.

flag

Common sense.

You mean like how SJWs don't need proof either, they just have faith that they're doing the right thing

>has anyone provided proof of god's existence
not even close

>has religion explained the emergence of the universe or why it is here in any provable context?
not even close

>has religion explained why our universe seems to be fine-tuned to allow for the existence of life in any provable context?
not even close

>are religious people willing to believe in anything as long as it doesn't conflict with their beliefs?
close enough

>has religion provided us with an understanding of what is good, what is right, and what is moral with an explanation more in-depth that "because god said so"?
not close enough

>has religion in the 20th century been a force for good
arguably

>is there a narrow and oppressive orthodoxy of thought and opinion within religious communities?
close enough

>does anything in religion actually prove that science is wrong other than "because god doesn't like it"
not even in the ballpark

>is religion a frivolous exercise to explain what cannot be explained?
dead on

fuck you for making me type all this you ignorant faggot

>How are Atheists CERTAIN that some form of God cannot exist?

I'm not. The fact of the matter is that I really hope he does exist, he just hasn't given me any indication that that is the case.