Meditation is pure crap

pol/ tell me how this does anything? These people have undiagnosed mental disorders.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DBTx7VGzsnU
youtube.com/watch?v=c7-rNgMfjrA
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4859856/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4109098/
youtube.com/watch?v=8XCWP4pODbs
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4859856/.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4859856/..
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4859856/...
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

meditation has no benefits for introverts

They're doing it for the new age pussy. All "spiritual" men are all creeps trying to fuck someone else's wife.

Are you sure it's not just thst you have undiagnosed autism?

It is useful. But I don't like doing it. Makes me feel chill after like 5 minutes.

>pol/ tell me how this does anything?
It only works if you aren't fat as fuck and full of fluoride.

youtube.com/watch?v=DBTx7VGzsnU

>Calm contemplative thinking is the sign of a mental disorder.

Do you know what meditation is?

What are you expecting it does?

She's role playing. Real meditation is powerful. Monks of all religions practice it. Even Christians meditate.

it's actually good for calming the mind and for taking account of the self. Also, yog is not just poses and meditation, but reflection and spiritual teachings as well. It's just not taught in entirety in the west.

Can't sit still for 10 minutes?

You got ants in your pants or fleas?

Relaxation with introspective thought is in no way stupid. Maybe lay off the cocaine jose.

It's useful for "looking into your mind", and acquiring wisdom thereby. The guy in OP's photo is just going for a photo op, clearly not anything meditation would recommend

Sounds like you've never even tried it. Do this: stare at a bright light bulb in an otherwise dark room for five minutes. Then switch it off, lie down and close your eyes and focus on the after image of the light. Clear your head and concentrate.

You can usually invoke REM without sleeping and if you do you might fall asleep while remaining conscious. If you start feeling tingles in your legs that's your muscles paralyzingly themselves. This is what some people experience as sleep paralysis without meditating. Remain conscious and calm. It helps to be in a symmetrical position for some reason. Enjoy the lucid experience

If nothing happens just keep trying for a while every day. It's pretty calming even then. If you think it's a waste of time you probably have some form of so-called autism spectrum disorder for real and if you do just forget about it

Self introspection is how you gain knowledge of yourself.
Now I agree with you in the sense that these faggots doing poses on photogenic locations are just self centered attention whores.

Used it a lot in martial arts, but it's never in the "oneness with nature namaste" bullshit way. Just like, clear out the distracting thoughts to focus on the task at hand. And you only need to do it for like 2-5 minutes. All that "meditating under a waterfall for half an hour" shit is bogus.

Here come dat cuck

It's more of a thing to create a high amount of oxygen in the blood stream and also lower your heart rate. The happy thoughts you think while you do this are supposed to keep anxiety to a minimum to more effectively do this.

The end result is this oxygen to heart rate balance then allows neurotransmitters in your brain to begin to have more dopamine and serotonin.

This creates a cycle, which is almost as good as working out if you're to do it daily.

I suggest working out daily with meditation.

Meditation is your own creation, if you think it's about going to yoga class or some ancient chinese ritual you're incorrect. Meditating can be whatever you want it to be. More or less the real definition of meditation is managing those bodily functions I previously mentioned.

>25 seconds in
>urge to purge arises

>sleep paralysis
Happens to me regularly when I "wake up". It's usually not a good feeling.

Thanks for the thoughtful replies. I'll consider them. You guys can be good sometimes, I don't care what reddit says.

It's so faggy and feminine. Just like Christianity, it's for women. Islam on the other hand is a masculine religion: submit or die, Infidel scum, dress up you fucking cunt or I whip you, whore, Allahu Akbar!

I occasionally (every month or more) get a horrible sensation of tingling, ringing head and headaches during sleep paralysis. I can just about choose whether to talk and I usually end up dreaming I'm showing a mate I'm entering sleep paralysis.

Why all the weird synptoms? I can't enjoy it anymore.

girl on the right has to be falling over. there's no way this posture is balanced.
funny how trudeau is the only one getting it right, not looking goofy.
not sure if that's just general male-ness, being better than women at everything, or confirmation that Trudeau, while retarded, is actually good at SOME things.

They don't get any pussy, though, because it's faggy and feminine to meditate and women see men who do yoga as nice gays. They do yoga together with them, then they went home to Ahmed to fuck.

Meditation is good for the mind like exercise is good for the body. You shouldn't just meditate all the time as your prime hobby, but maybe for a few minutes every day -- collecting your thoughts, processing your information, sorting what's really important vs. what's bullshit and wasting your time. It helps your self respect, willpower, and can help prevent damaging compulsions.

This
>Close your eyes and clear your mind
>Mind isn't cluttered
>Do what you usually do but now your eyes are closed

meditation is the precursor to magick, cuck

Which kind of meditation are you referring to? I've practiced zazen myself, and found it to be extremely helpful with calming my mind. An entire religion is based around it.

You should try it.

Mindful meditation has scientifically proven benefits for the mind and body. Look it up, faggot,a quick search will do ya.

The meditation courses that cost $3000 to attend or whatever though, that's crap.

you are confusing media driven fads with basic meditation, which is really just a fancy term for uninterrupted thinking.
Just about everything about media portrayed meditation removes it further from it's purposed, turning it into esoteric crap, fun and/or virtue signalling bs.

You're fucking retarded. Being introverted doesn't reduce the mental distractions. Try and sit still for 20 minutes without thoughts and words appearing in your conscious mind. I don't care how fucking introverted you are, thoughts will appear without you trying to have them.

Meditation teaches you to ignore those so you can be fully present and aware of whatever you're doing at the moment.

^This guy gets it. Simply sitting and thinking nothing is one of the hardest things in the world.

Very true. This happened to some people I know. The guy was a pure beta, they had a beautiful and intelligent daughter, but they were into all this new age Bullshit. The wife falls for some yogi con man, and Mr. Beta allows him to move into his house and take over his family. She got their $1.5 million dollar home in their divorce, sold it, and now the con man is ripping through the money. The daughter is now rebellious and already beyond repair. Mr. Beta lives in a 1 bedroom apartment. Many such cases!

>Islam on the other hand is a masculine religion
LMAO

You're cuck who give your women to the negroes and conwards who were conquered by christians, Cuckslam is a fag religion with a huge fetish towards licking negroe dick

how do i do magick stuff??

gillar dig

Meditation is essentially the same thing as prayer, allowing you to sit quietly and (depending on the form of meditation) reflect on your thoughts and desires.

Think about it: the Hail Mary is essentially a mantra; Praying for something or someone is the same as visualization.

Meditation produces measurable physiological responses such as increased blood flow to the anterior cingulate cortex, associated with heart rate and blood pressure, and also involved in higher-level functions such as emotion and impulse control. It has also been shown to reduce existential angst (as have strong psychedelics) among terminally ill patients.

My point is that meditation and prayer are largely the same, and expectedly produce similar results. The practice has emerged somewhat independently (prayer, which essentially invokes meditation, as a core tenet of all world religions). It's so common because it works.

Find the type that works for you and you'll benefit from it. If the hippy woo woo shit isn't your game, you can still find a format that is effective. Meditation is literally sitting in a quiet room and watching your thoughts go by, if you've found a way to politicize and hate that practice then you're probably beyond redemption as a person.

T. 16 years of Catholic schooling but appreciative of eastern religions

with love

You literally can't not think about things
You are lying to yourself
Unless you have brain damage in which case it's very impressive that you can still type
Also
>Meditation
>Le ebin clear your mind meme
That's some fucking hippie shit for sure

>These people have undiagnosed mental disorders.

>I does not understand basic concepts like training ones focus

>I do furthermore not know how to qualify my opinion by robust and legit research free available at the internet

>In conclusion I am just insecure about myself and tend to except opinion of others being the confirmist my parents raised me to be.

My man if this is no bait. Just start your own research if your are deliberately interested in this topic beside edgy shitposting. Meditation is very well understood and researched. It is like a muscle - you flex them -> they get strong. Same with focus and spirituality. You are able to entrain your brain.

Selah roughly translated means pause and think on that and from new test whatever is good etc.

Fidgeting around and cannot sit still? Need Mr Goldstein to prescribe you that upped dose on Adderall?
Lay down and stop breathing immediately. Jej

Sage

Women have a higher proportion of their weight in their lower body, so she has to lean to counter weight her leg. Trudeau has better hip flexibility too, his knee is much higher meaning he can stand upright.

That's really not what it's for though. It's practicing holding your focus and not getting distracted, plain and simple; when you strip away the "spiritual" hocus-pocus of it, it's just a focus exercise.

It works pretty well for that though.

UNDIAGNOSED MENTAL DISORDERS YOU SAY? YOU DON'T SAY?

youtube.com/watch?v=c7-rNgMfjrA

>you literally can't not think about things
>you fucking hippie
Whatever you say, faggot. Just because you lack self-discipline doesn't mean everyone does. There is a difference between being aware of your surroundings and actively naming and judging aspects of it and how you feel about it.

Magick is essentially hypnotizing yourself to change your perspective to align with a certain goal

This. It is a tool like a screwdriver or hammer it is neutral. All depends on what one meditates on.

You have clearly never meditated desu. It is very relaxing.

Here have a helping hand desu

>You literally can't not think about things
>That's some fucking hippie shit for sure

You're right, but that's the point of meditation though. You don't fight the thoughts that come up in your head, you just don't devote your attention to them. When you meditate, you do your best to keep your focus on your breathing (or mantra or whatever gay thing you're focusing on), and when thoughts catch your attention you do your best to return your focus to your breathing instead of indulging the thought and letting it distract you.

It's like if you're doing work on a computer and the urge to shitpost on an albanian goat fondling forum, but you don't entertain that urge and keep your focus on your work.

>fluoride is bad meme
Enjoy your shitty teeth
T: Biochem maj

> if you've found a way to politicize and hate that practice then you're probably beyond redemption as a person.

did you forget where you are? Sup Forums makes everything political in a blind fit of anger and hate. They are the people who would most benefit from learning more about themselves and their own mind but never will. Even all the religious talk on Sup Forums is only an excuse to further their crazed agenda instead of a chance at introspection.

Neural mechanisms of mindfulness and meditation: Evidence from neuroimaging studies

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4109098/

Shit sounds gay af.

>muh discipline
You can learn 'discipline' through any menial, boring shitty task. Doesn't mean sane people want to do that shit.

You don't enter REM during meditation wtf you don't know shit.

there are countless studies that prove it has beneficial effects. why don't you try it, by the way? All you need is 10-15m / day - you post on Sup Forums so it's not like you don't have the free time.

Meditation only feeds my autism, I need to have something to do all the time.

I found it to be literally the most enraging thing I've ever done. It made me want to kill something immediately. Will never do again. Shits gay.

It's basically the same thing as praying as a christian though

A friend of mine who went through some intensive rehab for opiate addiction explained the religious aspect of recovery to me like this one time:

It doesn't matter if it's God, or Buddha, or if you just consider the Universe itself a higher power, but the acceptance of a higher power is critical to an addict because they need a way to move on from the things they can't control, and turning those problems over to a higher power is an effective method. He said that through introspection you find the important questions that you have to ask yourself about your problems, and in the stillness of prayer or meditation you are quieting your mind to listen for the answers to those questions.

If sitting in silence enrages you, you should probably be seeing a therapist or something, maybe get on some meds.

cool read
although the study itself has a very small sample, their citations make up for it.

if meditation is crap then explain my ability to levitate

Meditation is just a practice. Primarily, it helps you become more deliberate and less reflexive. There are other benefits.

These idiots you speak of think everything is a belief system, even science. They think meditation is some spiritual bliss-out. It's just exercise. It's totally healthy, but it's not what some morons think it is.

If sitting in silence and TRYING to think of NOTHING sounds fun to you, you need the help.

Meditation is only useful if you are doing meditative prayer. Do not let Eastern religion influence your meditation if you do try it.

>meditation has actual evidence that it does (good) things for you
>make this thread
you should've been born a leaf
back to ribbit

earthbound monkey-minders BTFO

You didnt do it right. Look up the different type of brain waves the human mind has.

It's not meant to be fun you fucking doughnut

I don't know if you're just trolling or what but you're talking like a fag and your shit's all retarded. I already told you that's now how you fucking do it you retard, it's about not entertaining your thoughts as they come but letting them pass. You sound like how a kid sees meditation on their weeb animes and tries to do it.

It's also not meant to be fun, it's a mental exercise.

For real user. If sitting in silence alone with yourself drives you into a blood frenzy. You have some serious things to work out inside of you.

Maybe start journalism that shit to get it out of you.

Sounds stupid, but there's nothing stupid about self development in the age of degeneracy.

if you cant focus your mind and stop it from thinking about random bullshit for 2 minutes you have a mental disorder.

Heck yes friend

mandatory watching for everyone
youtube.com/watch?v=8XCWP4pODbs

You wont feed pearls to the pigs.

Meditation is not for (You)

Well you do need a religion, of sorts. That is not to say you have to believe in god but you need some sort of system. It provides a framework for your mind, it helps you order your thoughts, and gives you a place in the world.

Without a framework it is easy to get lost in the sea of nihilism.

stop trying, observe your thoughts and don't engage with them
after a while of meditation practice they cease to arise

Haha what a weak-minded little bitch.

being introverted doesn't make you enlightened idiot

Tryhard edgy 15 year old detected

>sane people don't want discipline
Keep it up, fatass. Discipline is for faggots, hedonism is the only way to go.

You may have turned me pol. I just booked a session for an isolation tank next week.

Can you literally not think of a reason to do something besides fun?

Absolute nonsense, meditation is great for introverts, it helps you keeping focused and not getting lost in random thought.

you can meditate while doing any menial boring shitty task that's what they do in Zen monasteries

Here's my patron saint. Whenever I get the 'urge', I just think 'what would Duterte do' or 'will he kill me if I do this'.

Do some normal meditation before you get into there. Practice mindful meditation for 0-10 minutes a day to get a feel for it, though 10-20+ is best.

You are supposed to turn to crap into gold

Only for intelligent whites and Asians
Others do it naturally.

Don't do this; it creates mustard gas.

look up Anthony de Mello
thank me later

Nothing wrong with yoga. I threw out my back and did yoga to help. It actually made it feel better.

I read shit like this

And I stop wondering why people are a frantic mess these days

Meditation isn't some LSD replacement for hedonists in loose garbs and dreadlocks
It's stilling the mind by letting it do exactly what it wants. Listen to the insane chatter in your head like it's music.

You also don't "practice" meditation like you practice riding a bike.
You practice as in like a practicing doctor.

ITT: Liars.
Everybody knows meditation activates your almond chakras and sends you to the seventh astral plane where you encounter others and have astral beers.

.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4859856/

.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4859856/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4859856/..

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4859856/...

Mindfulness is pretty decent for depression.

It has an incredibly gay name though.