Degeneration Theory

Do you believe in the degeneration theory? Explained briefly, it's basically when a civilization reaches the point in which food, water, shelter and other necessary things in life are easily accessible for every citizen, which results in the decline of morals and values in said society. People lose meaning in their lives, then become hedonistic and unproductive. Attitudes against sex become very loose, which then leads to sex becoming nothing but a bit of fun, rather than a tool to producing offspring.

The cause of this, according to many scholars, is that humans are biologically "programmed" to constant survival and gathering of resources, and an abundant society simply goes against our nature.

Thoughts on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

welcome to Sup Forums, everyone here believes this is true

welcome newfag

Someone post the mice experiment screencap

I think there is truth to it

Like all things there is a cycle, a society is born out of struggle, achieves dominance, it's power allows it to grow morally and internally weak.

Eventually that society is so internally and culturally weak that former crisis that would have been easily handled a few generations earlier cause it to fall apart.

It's like the civilizational equivalent of old age

In July 1968 four pairs of mice were introduced into the habitat. The habitat was a 9-foot (2.7 m) square metal pen with 4.5-foot-high (1.4 m) sides. Each side had four groups of four vertical, wire mesh "tunnels." The "tunnels" gave access to nesting boxes, food hoppers, and water dispensers. There was no shortage of food or water or nesting material.

Initially the population grew rapidly, doubling every 55 days. The population reached 620 by day 315, after which the population growth dropped markedly, doubling only every 145 days. The last surviving birth was on day 600, bringing the total population to a mere 2200 mice, even though the experiment setup allowed for as many as 3840 mice in terms of nesting space. This period between day 315 and day 600 saw a breakdown in social structure and in normal social behavior. Among the aberrations in behavior were the following: expulsion of young before weaning was complete, wounding of young, increase in homosexual behavior, inability of dominant males to maintain the defense of their territory and females, aggressive behavior of females, passivity of non-dominant males with increased attacks on each other which were not defended against. After day 600, the social breakdown continued and the population declined toward extinction. During this period females ceased to reproduce. Their male counterparts withdrew completely, never engaging in courtship or fighting. They ate, drank, slept, and groomed themselves – all solitary pursuits. Sleek, healthy coats and an absence of scars characterized these males. They were dubbed "the beautiful ones." Breeding never resumed and behavior patterns were permanently changed.

The conclusions drawn from this experiment were that when all available space is taken and all social roles filled, competition and the stresses experienced by the individuals will result in a total breakdown in complex social behaviors, ultimately resulting in the demise of the population.

at least post the source, we all know about Calhoun bro

DESPITE ALL MY RAGE I AM STILL JUST A RAT IN A CAGE

nice fucking high quality image you fucking shitfucking faggot. suck my dick you reddit fuck

What must emerge is chaos and destruction of the old society to give hope of new roles in the new society, which to compete for.

THIS IS A SLIDE THREAD, DO NOT POST.

THEY ARE SLIDING THIS THREAD.

Nobody cares about your shit thread

Lol

degeneration also known as the fall of man exists and is a phenomenon more universal than even the destiny of individual civilizations.

I do not however believe that the societies of our past necessarily had to degenerate into hedonism or modernity in general.
They did because we degenerate together with our societies.

youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM

This video will redpill hard

kill yourself
you, too

How about a video? youtube.com/watch?v=0Z760XNy4VM

I kek'd

>Do you believe in the degeneration theory?
Vladimir Poutine's Western degeneracy theory?

Yes, I've heard him talk shit about us before.

"Every living thing on this planet exists to mindlessly pass on their DNA...we're designed that way. Humans weren't designed to bring each other happiness. From the moment we're thrown into this world, we're fated to bring each other nothing but pain and misery." -Psycho Mantis