The velvet underground could not exist in our current society

Lou Reed might be hated by some of you people here, but realize the suffocation of artistic expression that has occurred under the dominance of jewish funded hip hop culture. It is increasingly difficult for individual artists to find a footing in our society without bending over backwards to the current monetary trend.

Just as an example, the velvet underground, a rock group that broke new ground with an experimental approach to song structure and instrumentation, would never be allowed to exist in our current culture.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=frWKvHUMGII
youtube.com/watch?v=J3lvuSK8KjY
youtube.com/watch?v=NhiOaSWuFjU
youtube.com/watch?v=AJOIqmlI65Y
youtube.com/watch?v=gJmSmISL_no
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

velvet underground were whores selling sex and drugs. Same with the nigger rappers today.

They were unknown and made fuck all until some ((( jewish intellectual ))) discovered a market for obscure 60s rock.

They were gay jews. I'm supposed to feel bad gay Jews sold out gay jews so now gay jews can't be gay jews.

The artist that funded them, can't remember his name but the banana is his artwork, is a complete fraud. Pop art isn't art.

I don't feel bad for any of those people. They're who led us to where we are today.

Actors and musicians should be treated how they were in the old days. As beggars and prostitutes.

Why would I care? Lou reed is a pop artist

>the velvet underground, a rock group that broke new ground with an experimental approach to song structure and instrumentation, would never be allowed to exist in our current culture

Maybe not on a major record label but what would stop them from just releasing it on Bandcamp? Literally nothing at all. Weird thread.

Lou Reed attended an event with Marina Abramovic.

Fuck Lou Reed. And fuck heroin.

When will Sup Forums learn to differentiate between agreeing with the content of the message and the quality of the art-piece? The "banana" is one of the most important records of all time and is necessary to culturally and socially understand the end of the 60s.

>broke new ground with an experimental approach to song structure and instrumentation

BULLSHIT TRANSLATOR

They could barely play a discernible note on their instruments.

This is not just about being on a major label, but also gaining an audience. Our culture is being so indoctrinated to empty hip hop that artists that try to push the envelope both technologically and artistically have no way to gain ground. The mass audience being conditioned for a very certain kind of music and certain kind of dancing that destroys all creativity. In a way, it's just another manifestation of the widespread marxism in our society.

Rap is a minstrel show filled with flash panning 15 minutes and off the stage jumbled caravan concerts. Public Enemy would do two entire albums straight through.

This now an Osborne Bros. thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=frWKvHUMGII

youtube.com/watch?v=J3lvuSK8KjY

youtube.com/watch?v=NhiOaSWuFjU

youtube.com/watch?v=AJOIqmlI65Y

youtube.com/watch?v=gJmSmISL_no

Fuck off and take your garbage liberal thread with you, whiner. Saged.

stop buying into the music jew, you idiots.

even "artistically minded" popular music without the sex-and-drugs lifestyle promotes degenerate behaviour such as depression and nihilism constantly and with no merit

I care about the product not any hysteria around it.
BJM were and are freaks but Anton is an utter genius of music. 6 hour shows ending in fistfights between the bandmembers and them and the audience with 5:45 of good music. He totally fucked the Jews over when he got signed to a major as well.

Art is completely fucking dead Japan

The only way to do it is to do a mix venture with other cultural/artistic minded people, you can't be a lazy bum that plays guitar anymore, you need to associate with other artists and buy a restaurant/bar to transform into a cultural spot where you lads play, some guy puts paintings over the walls, other guys cook, etc

But no way a band is gonna be heard and "be better than the others" when you have 100000000000 gigs per second of new international music streaming down your watch

>one of the most important records of all time
>is necessary to culturally and socially understand the end of the 60s.

lol no, give it 100 years minimum before start saying shit is important

Excuse me? The Velvet Underground are probably the most influential band of the entire history of rock music. The Velvet Underground scavenged the narrow alleys of the bad parts of town, and scavenged the subconscious of the urban kid, for emotional scraps that were a barbaric by-product of the original spirit of rock'n'roll. Their goal was only marginally the sonic reproduction of the psychedelic experience. Their true goal was to provide a documentary of the decadent, disaffected, cynical mood that was spreading among the intelligentsia. These were not hippies, these were elitist musicians who were aware of the avantgarde movements: they began playing (in 1965) as part of Andy Warhol's multimedia show "The Exploding Plastic Inevitable". They originated the "pessimistic" strand of psychedelic music (as opposed to San Francisco's optimistic strand). The Velvet Underground probably remain the most influential band in the entire history of rock music. Above all else, they originated a spirit of making music (independent, nihilistic, subversive) that ten years later will be labeled "punk". Rock music as it is today was born the day the Velvet Underground entered a recording studio.

In the old days when people said music ruined the youth, they were right. Most popular music after the 50s is promotes premarital sex, short flings, having fun while you're young, etc.

Just look at white teen girls listening to rap today.

>I don't know just where I'm going
>But I'm gonna try for the kingdom, if I can
>'Cause it makes me feel like I'm a man
>When I put a spike into my vein…

Duterte is right. Kill degenerate drug addicts.

Collectivism leads to eddy currents of stagnation. You must do what the Minutemen did a just jam econo. Unless it is a staged presentation once your music is secondary to your personality it's over. My parents would jet around the world to party at Peter Allen concerts. He was the perfect fag. Zero fag propaganda. Zero fag politics. Just wanted to entertain and make his audience leave happy. Sick to death of hack no mercy setting Antares autotuned idiots and their unrelenting vociferousness on non-music related subjects.

The quick editing cuts of popular kino & tv is the gateway brain tenderiser.

I would also mention music videos in general. They blend advertising and propaganda and purport to be "art", but they really have no justification for existing.

Isn't hip-hop/rap actually dead? Anything rap/hip-hop that's popular nowadays it's your token nigger getting pushed by big media, like Disney, along with the token female pop singer
>It is increasingly difficult for individual artists to find a footing in our society without bending over backwards to the current monetary trend
This is where you are wrong
Footing it's ridiculously easy nowadays, you get mexican vaporwave fucks who went from making meme music to playing in Japan and Europe without being affiliated to a major company
Though, they obviously don't make much money, but Bandcamp and the ridiculous lowering of distribution/recording costs has made possible the existence of small communities ranging from literally anywhere and literally any trend
The majority will always follow whatever they're fed, but any minority is able to grow big enough to support most artists thanks to the internet

nice to see you Sup Forums

Excuse me? Skrewdriver are probably the most influential band of the entire history of rock music.

There's a difference between conscious grassroots hip hop, and corporate rap. The former is bottom-up, the latter is top-down.

The former may actually speak about people getting married, staying together for the kids. The latter is mostly about acting like a thug, accumulating money, sex outside marriage, and viewing the law as the enemy in their path to become a crimelord like Scarface.