Why are Texans so smart?

Given its racial demographics (44% white / 12% black / 37% Hispanic / 5% Asian), Texas has an average IQ 15% higher than it should be, the highest such IQ discrepancy of any state in the US.

Using the same racial IQ standards as Texas, California would have an IQ of 101, and NY would have an IQ of 103.

Was Ted Cruz right about true conservatism?

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12061787/Intelligence-genes-discovered-by-scientists.html
nature.com/mp/journal/v16/n10/abs/mp201185a.html
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289608000305
jbhe.com/features/49_college_admissions-test.html
psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/1977-07996-001
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886912003741
udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/reprints/1997mainstream.pdf
wsj.com/articles/SB115040765329081636
articles.latimes.com/2011/aug/10/news/la-heb-genetic-study-intelligence-20110809
psychology.uwo.ca/faculty/rushtonpdfs/PPPL1.pdf
dailysignal.com/2014/09/13/why-hispanics-thrive-in-texas-but-not-in-california/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Bump

HISPANIC IS TECHNICALLY NOT A RACE

ANY HISPANIC THAT ISN'T WHITE, ASIAN, OR BLACK IS A BROWN MESTIZO

CALL THEM MESTIZOOOOOOOOOS

>rural and suburban retards
>smart

Goddamn, look how the minority demographics skew the rankings.

>the colder states are smarter on average

t. """"white"""" hispanic

No

>urban starbucks dwellers
>smart

>Texans
>Smart

They're 25% white, they're dumb as fuck user.

Of course I have no idea how to explain W. Virginia. No one does. They're the exception that proves the rule.

Hypothesis: Because Texas was urbanized early and part of mexico when America took that shit, the mexican decendands had more time to bask in the superior american educational system. Well, superior to Mexico at least.

THIS THREAD IS NOW PROPERTY OF THE 100+ CLUB YOU CAN ONLY POST IF YOUR STATE AVERAGE IQ IS HIGHER THAN 100

PENNSYLVANIA REPORTING IN

Huh, look where all the Nordic people settled... Really jogs the nog

lot of business magnates in texas, so the whites there are usually very smart, and the asians are too.

whiter hispanics usually do ok. browner ones, not so much. i figure as the brown increases, you'll see that texas IQ dip.

>whitest states in the country have the highest average I.Q.
>the most "diverse" states have the lowest
Absolutely amazing.

Anyways, the reason Texas has such a high average I.Q. despite its demographic is because the the booming economy Texas has brings in the white working middle class from all around the country, especially California and New England, who are looking for jobs. All the large cities here are complete garbage With Houston, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Austin, and San Antonio being absolute multicultural (mostly Mexican) hellholes with the first two being oppressive and crime ridden industrial cities and the latter two being being braindead liberal hotspots. Texas is be a blue state in the next 10 years without a doubt.

t. Houstonian

exactly. if texas was 100% white, it would probably have an IQ of 110 or something, because of the type of whites it draws there.

Hispanics in Texas are fundamentally different and smartet than in the other states. A large % of them are Tejanos who have been here for centuries and actually fought with Texans in the Texas revolution.

Also, the ones who have migrated to Texas more recently come there to actually find opportunity, work hard, and achieve the American dream.

Mexicans in California are lazy worthless shits who just want handouts. The average US Hispanic IQ would be almost nigger tier if Texas Hispanics didn't greatly inflate the average.

Alabama has a higher average IQ than California

Ayyy

What's up pa bro :)

this

t. Texasfag

not really, texas was 10% hispanic in 1970, now 37% hispanic

most here are now of post-65 migrant descent

>tfw world power by 2020

Our spics are legal >:^)

penn is a beautiful state, very white too

This. Whites very smart and creative. Asians are hard workers and book smart. White hispanic overall above average. Brown Mexicans lower level and niggers gonna nig.

It's the flag. The only non-retarded commie hating Latinos are Chileans and Texans.

Because everything is bigger in Texas including but not limited to IQ.

Texas is full of conservative and all the latinos (or Tejanos, as we call them) are Catholics. Many of them are conservative. Plus, it's a lot harder for gangbangers to swim across the river into Texas because we actually have border control (see: crime rates in El Paso vs Ciudad Juarez, directly across from El Paso).
Hence, higher IQ.

it has nothing to do with being catholic, new mexico is more catholic than you guys.

The Tejano "Hisapanics" are a significant cut above hispanics in other states--most of them come from families that have been there in Texas for a while, unlike the Mestizo immigrants that are ubiquitous everywhere else.

Catholic IQ > useless gangbanger IQ

many of those gangbangers are catholic, the two aren't mutually exclusive

Ha come to Reading...

this and Texas has a very strong "work hard and earn it" culture which draws in many very smart people from other states who wish to use their intellect to become wealthy. My wifes boss is a doctor from California who founded a company in Texas and is doing very well. The man is crazy smart and puts in 12 hours a day trying to grow and succeed.

Hispanics in Texas are the only ones in the US that hate being called Latinos and would rather be called Americans or Texans.

What is the verity of this or the presumption that niggers have an IQ of 85?

Less than 1% of Americans are white Portuguese or Spanish. Kys beaner

some...we have a problem with some of the newer arrivals. though many would like to deny that it exists.

i think whenever a population gets replaced you see less assimilation to the old, and a new culture takes over.

I see a map, with colors, and numbers. No sauce.

Not only that, BPS actually did a bit about this. If the poor whites living in Texas know anything, it's that being poor in Texas sucks.

The rest of the demographics probably didn't show up for the test that day, and what they got were "IQ Results" based on white test takers, over represented data, then projected that data onto a (somewhat accurate) demographics map.

Long/Short:
Extrapolated bullshit on top of more extrapolated bullshit.

Dallas is a lost cause, but Ft Worth is the white side of the metroplex. We're fine here. The niggers stay in Dallas and the spics haven't migrated this far north yet.

Because intelligence is by far the most important thing and the washes of Africans and hispanics would dumb the result down to about 90 IQ or lower. Because whites are the only ones voting right wing. Because whites have the right genes for creating greatness.
And, you know, not wanting to be eradicated from the face of the earth is also pretty appealing

Human intelligence up to 75% inheritible
telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/12061787/Intelligence-genes-discovered-by-scientists.html
nature.com/mp/journal/v16/n10/abs/mp201185a.html

Scientific consensus is that IQ tests are not racially biased.
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0160289608000305

Very poor Whites are comparably intelligent to very wealthy blacks.

Black children raised in White households have similar IQs to black children in black households.
psycnet.apa.org/psycinfo/1977-07996-001

The average African IQ is estimated at 79.
sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0191886912003741

The average African-American IQ is 85, compared to the average White IQ of 100.
udel.edu/educ/gottfredson/reprints/1997mainstream.pdf

The white-black gap in SAT scores, a proxy for IQ, is increasing.

Genes for large brains, linked to high IQ, are common everywhere except Africa.
wsj.com/articles/SB115040765329081636

Intelligence has at least a 40-50% genetic basis.
articles.latimes.com/2011/aug/10/news/la-heb-genetic-study-intelligence-20110809

IQ scores are the best predictor of success in Western society.

IQ is 75% heritable among Whites.

Tejanos are fucking degenerate. They have the fat ugly round Mexican faces.

You still suck don't get happy. You can't celebrate about literally not being in last place nigger

surprised at New Jersey. NJ fag here. lot of niggers and spics in cities but I guess it's offset by all the Jews

doesn't NJ have a lot of asians as well, plus you are very urbanized, which probably draws a lot of white collar workers

Are large portion of it can be attributed to the fact that hispanics in Texas are much smarter than the national average, but all races in Texas generally have a higher IQ than their racial average.

Intelligent Whites move there for the job opportunities.

The Asian population is mainly Vietnamese who left Vietnam to escape Communism.

Even the Niggers in Texas are a little smarter than normal because the state refuses to coddle them with social programs.

Texas is basically an expose of the success of social Darwinism.

Georgia looking pretty good for so many nogs

don't toot your horn too much, you are still dumber than Virginians

>all these self-absorbed texans pretending their 90 iq pet spics are different than california

Or York, or Philly,or Harrisburg, or shitsburg...

i was in greensburg last i was there, it was mostly white

Kill yourself or move back to Cali, faggot.

t. Austin/Galveston

mcdaniel's estimated average iq by state. It is a hugely famous study, and even liberal sources cite it commonly.

Just use Google you dumb nigger.

I'd rather build a wall to keep the Californians out. The economic growth doesn't compensate for the amount of communism streaming across the western border.

>California
>lowest IQ
>richest
>invented everything that matters
Makes you think

I did some time in the Vermont and seriously doubt the average is above 100. Seriously, some of the dumbest people on Earth. I'd say about 20% are literate. Lots of folks on welfare and tons of single moms.

Correct good amount of Asians, at least in the suburbs which I know best. My knowledge of the main cities like Newark and Patterson and the Oranges is they're pavement nigger containment zones

>15% higher than it should be
so texas should be at 85? you retard, this is why my state of california is superior

You're wrong. The average IQ of the average white resident moving to Texas since the boom would basically have to be in the 130 plus range to even come close to making up the difference, which is impossible.

Smart whites moving to Texas for jobs accounts for roughly 1 point of the 6 point overachievement in IQ, but the largest portion is due to Hispanics in Texas having IQ's well above the 89 point national average.

well jose i wouldn't bet on that for too long considering the newbies are shitting out far more kids than the tejanos.

>What are Cubans?
>What are Colombians? (see the recent plebiscite)

It's the educated Latino's who are by far much smarter than Whites and lower class Mexicans.

I live in Bismarck ND and 4 people in my office went to Harvard Business school. Most went to other Ivy league schools.

I have no idea why people who could live anywhere work here but they do. I guess it does pay better.

NJ has tons of shitskins but they're mostly contained to the Northeast part of the state. It's still majority white by a good margin. Hunterdon County and the Southern half of the state are comfy as fuck.

Nobody has said Mexican Intellectuals yet.

>85
>85
checked

HOL UP

GREATEST STATE COMING THROUGH

>California one of the lowest IQs in the nation
really made me think

Tejanos are only about 10% of all Texas Hispanics. It'seems more the fact that Texas' conservatism attracts smarter hispanics, while California's welfare state attracts shitty hispanics

dailysignal.com/2014/09/13/why-hispanics-thrive-in-texas-but-not-in-california/

>The educational gap between Hispanics and non-Hispanic white students is much smaller in Texas than in California, where it is statistically significantly higher than it is in the rest of the nation.

>The fourth-grade mathematics gap for Texas was 20 points, below the national average; in California it was 28 points. For the eighth grade, the Texas gap was 24, compared with California’s 33. In reading comprehension, the fourth-grade Texas gap was 22 and California’s was 31, and for eighth-graders, Texas’s gap was 22 and California’s was 28.

The reason for WV being so low, is that half the people there have enough heavy metals in their brain from the poisoned coal-water that they sink with a life preserver on.

All the techies move there for that oil and industry money.

right but the newbies are less likely to be conservative, south texas is blue as fuck every election cycle.

The beaners started flooding in during the 70's and 80's.

>californiadumbs

be gone with your facts and evidence

The US will fail before Texas will....

parts of the US maybe, but the northern midwest is a lot better off than texas in a SHTF scenario.

i just don't think the beaner army would be worth much. and given that they are the majority of the births, the future of texas is more latin american than american.

The "based" Texan Hispanic meme stems from the fact that Texan men are almost split among both Republicans and Democrats and you guys are interacting with the Republican voters. Hispanic females are still voting 25/75.

South Texas is basically purgatory for Mexican immigrants. If they want to actually succeed in life, they head north, but if they don't give a shit, they either stay there, head to NM or California, or go back.

That's why Texas always vehemently opposes federal subsidies. We continue to refuse Obamacare because our sink or swim society works here. Texas would be Singapore/Hong Kong tier if we seceded.

Texas won't be blue until at least 2036. Winning a bit more of the Hispanic vote and blocking immigrants from coming in would save that state.

South Texas is empty af save for 2-3 counties with a total of maybe 800k people.

it's not really a sink or swim society, the church just plays the social welfare role that the government does in other states.

that's a good point. latinas are still overwhelmingly liberal, while the men are split. texas should stay red for a good while, but hispanics will have to become more conservative for it to last.

as of now, white texans vote 70% GOP, while hispanic texans vote about 40% GOP.

Don't lump DFW in with your dirty ass city houstonianigger
We've still got a chance and we're fighting for it. Downtown Fort worth and the suburbs in between Dallas and fort worth isn't completely lost and there's a lot of white solidarity in the north Dallas area that keeps expanding out to get away from urban Dallas (coppel, flower mound, Frisco, McKinney)

71 to 34% this election. Was 75 to 49 in 2004

Gulen charter schools, people talk about him because of the meme coup but he's a genius

bush was a texan, that probably influenced it

whites are only 30% of births, like Jose above said, you will have to win over hispanics to keep your state Republican

them being 40% GOP is very good, but not going to be good enough long term, particularly when black texans and asian texans still vote as Democratic as the national average

>Implying religion is bad

I'm an athiest, but religion preaches ideals that lead to economic success.

2 parent families are the single best way to reduce poverty.

Regimented religious practices teach discipline and morals.

Belief in a god increases self-esteem.

People who are religious are less likely to use drugs.

I don't think God exists, but spiritual beliefs generally ward off decadence and degeneracy.

True. I'm in Somerset county so I'm right on that borderline.

Tejano reporting in if you're smart and a Sup Forumsack you're more than welcomed to dig into our oil and wind money lots of investment places just stay away from Houston dt (its full of niggers, should be nuked) Dallas dt (should also be nuked) and liberal Austin (unless you wanna say hi to alex) best places to live are around fort Worth area avioding dallas and North Spring if you come for the oil moneh Midland, wind Texas Tech area, avoid the border (shithole of cartel sympathizers)

Raised in glorious FM! I had 3 black in my graduating class atflower mound highschool, and their dads were like lawyers and federal agents. Flower mound is truley a bastion of light.

i'm not against religion, i'm just saying that texas isn't just a sink or swim state like you claim

they support their communities and poor through the church instead of the government

A lot of bright people from everywhere move to New York to work in Wall Street and such, and end up living in New Jersey.

every time i see this graph i get so upset that we aren't 0.3 points smarter to get that luscious forest green
t. new jersey
wisconsin, south dakota, kansas, you know what i mean

>tfw the 1%
>one fourth spanish with spanish last name
>can trace ancestry back to spain
>blonde hair, fair skin, green eyes
>(((((((((((hispanic))))))))))))

They don't do it blindly though like the government does. They give starving people food instead of money that they will spend on drugs. They reach out to them and try and put them on the right path while they provide them shelter and clothing.

Independent charities are good. Government welfare is cancer.

It really makes one ponder at the situation...

Why does Georgia have a higher IQ than New Mexico?

Have you ever been to New Mexico?