Trial opens for man accused of shooting Jamar Clark protesters

startribune.com/trial-opens-for-man-accused-of-shooting-jamar-clark-protesters/411007975/

Prosecutors are trying to persuade a jury that Allen “Lance” Scarsella is a racist and that text messages sent to friends signaled that he was the kind of person who would fire into a crowd of mostly black protesters in November 2015, wounding five of them.

In one message, Hennepin County prosecutors say, the 23-year-old asked a friend to join him at target practice “for when we have to shoot black guys.”

When he discussed buying a new gun — the one he would eventually use on the night in question — he complained that another firearm he owned “was not killing brown people dead enough.”

That’s according to Assistant Hennepin County Attorney Judith Hawley, who in her opening statements Tuesday in Scarsella’s trial in Hennepin County for felony first-degree assault and inciting a riot, said the defendant’s racist beliefs led to the shooting.

“Allen Scarsella was scared out of his mind,” Martin said. “And he shot because he was afraid he and his friend were going to get killed by the mob.”

Scarsella, now 24, has been jailed since the shooting. The trial is expected to last through next week.

>“My client was on the ground. He was like, ‘Thank god Scarsella was there.’” Jones said. “If it wasn’t for Scarsella defending him, he’d be dead.”

1/2

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=w3-XIGJZMEI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Hawley argued that Scarsella’s racism was why he and at least two others first visited the Minneapolis Fourth Precinct police headquarters on Nov. 19 to film protesters who gathered following the shooting death of Jamar Clark. Clark, 24, had been killed during a scuffle with two Minneapolis police a few days earlier, sparking weeks of outcry. The videos, in which one of the men flashes handguns and uses racial slurs, quickly caught the attention of Black Lives Matter and went viral. The attention emboldened Scarsella, Hawley said.

“The internet is on fire about us,” he allegedly told a friend. “I’m famous.”

Four days later, Scarsella and three others decided to return to the Fourth Precinct. They were quickly recognized by the protesters. Racial slurs were uttered. In about a minute, eight shots were fired.

One man still has a bullet in his body; another had to have rods and screws permanently put into his leg.

Martin said that Scarsella was punched in the face, as was Gustavsson.

“He yelled go back! Go back!” Martin said. Instead, Martin said six or seven protesters rushed them. Scarsella thought he saw someone with a weapon.

Although Martin acknowledged Scarsella’s text messages were “offensive and racially charged,” he said some of them were sent a year before the protests, and none of them had anything to do with the actual incident.

“You might not like Mr. Scarsella, you might not like what he said to his friends, you might not like his attitude toward black people,” Martin told the jury. “But he is on trial for his conduct — not his opinions, not for what he said to people.”

2/2

So why is it ok to bring up his shitposts up in court as evidence or to convince the jury? How does this work?

>Prosecutors are trying to persuade a jury that Allen “Lance” Scarsella is a racist and that text messages sent to friends signaled that he was the kind of person who would fire into a crowd of mostly black protesters in November 2015, wounding five of them.

This is exactly what I was trying to warn you about yesterday

>but user spoons are banned in country
>but user self defence is legal in this country

Told you cunts. See what happens tomorrow, this is about making those held accountable responsible. Lets hope STILL, they get a sensible verdict, but they are there to make a point, not a trial

Being racist isn't a crime, and going to a rally carrying a gun isn't either. The niggers attacked them in a large group, and if the one guy wouldn't have fired then 4 people likely would have been beaten to death. The niggers probably would have raped the little Asian who was with them as well.

Its honestly a shame that no niggers died.

>Its honestly a shame that no niggers died.

So if you ever have to shoot in self defense your post is going to be used against you in court?

If he ever has to shoot in self defense they probably won't bother reading his old Sup Forums posts. Unless he goes out with a group of autists from Sup Forums, then the posts might be relevant to the trial and they will know to look for them.

I love that your post presupposes that if I had to shoot anyone in self defense, the offender would absolutely be black. Thats fucking hilarious.

Fact of the matter is that being at the rally was not illegal.
The blacks who attacked them would have attacked whether or not my /k/ommando bros were armed.
If they were not armed, they could have died.
The same night of the attacks a bunch of blacks openly admitted on camera that they were trying to fuck up white people.

Court should be about relevant facts to the crime committed.

They are just attempting character assassination.

Objectively, he did nothing wrong. But you know the jury will be swayed by their feels.

Boohoo cry harder

Lets go to a nigger rally I dont agree, with, hang on a second, I'lll just post it before I go out how much I hate niggers. I'll go loaded, and just in case these niggers are the one that start shit I''ll hold a gun in their face. (ok not loaded to their head but I'll film while I now know they are looking for a white supremicist group out to get us. knowing they are out to get me I go locked and loaded then push them in to a postion where I know I can shoot to protect myself

>why did the judge give me 5 years

you guys really are retarded if you think all /K/omndfags will walk

yes im british, yes our gun laws are diffrent but if you think this juudge wouldnt stand up to our law then you are a joke. this is bad, very bad

And the more you mock me the more i laugh at your pretend to be heroes. An example case is an example case wherever it is

Are they going to look at texts and twitter/facebook posts by those that were shot to see if they were violent or hateful towards whites?

>inciting a riot

I doubt anyone watching the video will come to this conclusion either. They were the ones assaulted and chased by a mob for standing on a public street and refusing to talk to people chimping out at them.

Unless they are suggesting running from a Great American Pavement Ape incites it to give chase, in which case they are victim blaming.

>I''ll hold a gun in their face
fuck off with your hyperbole faggot

>Being racist isn't a crime, and going to a rally carrying a gun isn't either.

True however there is evidence that they wanted to go out and hunt for black people, the racism is not illegal but it gives a motive as to why they were at a blm rally with guns shooting at unarmed black people.

Kek
>man walks on a public street with a conceiled weapon in case he is attacked
>he is attacked
>lol it's his fault!

Literally dindu nuffin lad, have a (you)

yes

They will look at everythhing that has any digital print however they can prove it. They will look at the context, what they said, how they said it. what photos they have holding weapons, what ammo they took and how much

The only reason this got as far as it did is so a trial could take place. And if there is no defence they will get torn apart, simple

>it gives a motive as to why they were at a blm rally with guns shooting at unarmed black people.

Or the motive for the shooting could be that they were being attacked by a mob then chased several city blocks.

dindu nothin theres a coutcase

have another go cletus, your moma will let you type hands free this time

Typical shitlib whining, you dickless cuck.
The first night 3 guys went there, and didn't start shit with anyone. They were just interviewing people and spewing memes. They didn't threaten anyone, they didn't go looking for a fight, and showing a gun in a car miles away before it was holstered is totally irrelevant. The guy who showed his 1911 wasn't the shooter, and he wasn't present on the night of the attack.

What happened was low IQ black gang members were riled up shouting "WEZ OWN DIZ CITY, FUCK DA WHITE PEOPLE" and they attacked a group of white people(including one Asian). A group of people who would have died if they had not defended themselves.

The problem is not that one white guy fired a gun. The problem is that a group of under evolved feral niggers have been given a free pass to commit acts of violence in our society without ever facing consequence. They were shot because they were carrying out a physical assault. If every single nigger there was shot point blank in the head it would be justified self defense. A group of 4 people vs a crowd of 20 is not a fair fight. It is niggers attempting murder.

Isn't the back story with these guys that one of them robbed a /k/ poster and was a shit member of the local community anyway? Its been so long I can't even remember

Not an argument britbong. He didn't break any laws.

>implying this logic isnt the exact reason why they're going to jail

There's a video of it somewhere.

A few guys on /k/ were standing on the street recording blm chimping out, blm started harassing them and eventually assaulting them, punching them a few times.

/k/ decided to gtfo, mob chases them a few blocks screaming and threatening them. One of them turns around and shoots a few.

that is basically what they did

the "nigga protesters" or whatever you want to call them were looking for them the whole time

Are you from Sup Forums they ask on several ooccasions because they know the whiteys that are there are packed and loaded

have another go bruce, you dipshit. tired of sheep shagging Aussies and their bantz out to get me

Take the piss all you want. Wont stop these faggots getting jail time

Is this the guy from /k/?

You need to face the implications of this.
Either:
White people are not allowed to go certain places, blacks are allowed to commit assault, no one is allowed to defend themselves from grievous bodily harm

or

The shooter did nothing wrong

>that is basically what they did

Nope, watch the video. They were running from a mob for a few city blocks that were screaming and threatening them, after assaulting them.

/k/ was a good boy, he dindu nuffin he gone turn he life around n sheeit

As good a reminder as any that all the things you do digitally can be used against you by the government at any point down the road.

Doesn't matter if you sent texts to your buddy posted edgy stuff on 4chinz a year or two ago. If they can use it against you they will.

thats racist

I've watched the video

You disagree

That is cute

Ill be the britbong licking the tears from your face tomorrow when they get sent down and you are still stupid to understand why

post vid

ahmed its okay your black brothers deserved it, why don't you guys get a paki PM too while your shilling this hard

That's the logical assumption.

Blacks commit more murder, assault, rape...etc...than any other ethnic group...and it's by a large margin.

>Ill be the britbong licking the tears from your face tomorrow
gay

Looking for it now, here's a video taken afterwards by the protesters admitting they assaulted and chased the dudes.

youtube.com/watch?v=w3-XIGJZMEI

my neighbourhood is 93% officially, whats yours Laurence? Or Tryone?

It's ok, i understand that you probably dont understand your daddies name because your country is at least 40% non white

what was it you were saying Jamial?

Every coon at that riot should have been shot dead in the street and left to rot.

oh shit, my bad

I forgt you all Chelsea Manning now

Sorry you are 40% non white and 52% of those are female

Cmon cletus, what is that white population you so proud of that is straight white male?

I cant wait to see the numbers on this?

semi white niggas getting mad at not being straight...... I love it when america lectures

sauce?

>there is evidence that they wanted to go out and hunt for black people

well, there isn't actually, but you're a leaf so that nuance is lost on you. Consider this, if they were there to "hunt black people" as you believe, why did they run 2 blocks before shooting any?

Why didn't they just ambush them without warning?

Do you guys think the defendants already have this video...

Yea, I knew that, but I think the guy whose idea it was to go out and stream was actually a member of the local /k/ group but robbed a couple hundred dollars out of the safe of another member. This was before the incident.

what does it feel like to fail at school?

I wouldn't know, so please, AMERICA, educate me

If these boys are found guilty then we should start a riot...but do a proper riot where we trash a black neighborhood and kill every living thing in it...then find and kill the judge and the prosecutor. And maybe the mayor.

I'm tired of the way the coons are placated...what the fuck did they ever do besides reproduce unwanted leeches on society.

Bring forth the day of the rope.

hey feds see this, this cunt wants to start a riot if he thinks you system failed the guilty.

Put those damn coons on trial.

>tripfags go to jail
who cares they're fucking tripfags

>you

Kys

I'm from Minnesota and was present for the media after the trial. I honestly believe they should be punished on all counts. I don't expect to shoot someone and get away scotch free.

I've never failed at anything.

Fly over her and I'll gut you from your taint to your sternum.

America isn't 60% white, it's 1% native American. You're sitting eating your curry and complaining about an occupying force not being 100% white while you're letting non-whites settle in white homelands.

Why is that, euro trash?

this

im yet to see proof they were low IQ

From my understanding they were just there flilmiing but the Jamal protesters found out who they were and they were there

If id been shot I would expect a police officer to ask me similar questions

That's because you are a cuckold and a pansy.

Trash is trash. I don't relate to either party as I don't resort to violence for resolution in this day of age. If you don't want to follow the laws, expect consequences.

>What happened was low IQ black gang members were riled up shouting "WEZ OWN DIZ CITY, FUCK DA WHITE PEOPLE" and they attacked a group of white people(including one Asian). A group of people who would have died if they had not defended themselves.
>The problem is not that one white guy fired a gun. The problem is that a group of under evolved feral niggers have been given a free pass to commit acts of violence in our society without ever facing consequence.

you are that fucking stupid you think what you said would help in any criminal court? your words would be used to prosecute you dumb fuck. This thread is just full ofdumb white cracker cunts wanting to shoot blacks for being black

Could be worse, but at least im not you or having to deal with a tranny being pardoned by my nigger president, either

>ive never failed
>come here
>wont get on a plane

Thats failing sweetie

Did you mean "your system" instead of "you system"?

Is English not your native language?

Are you a terrorist?

Bet you are a sand nigger waiting for your turn to wear the dynamite vest.

Get your prayers in to your black rock while you can. We're going to hit it with an ICBM after we drain the last drop of crude. Then we'll turn that desert shithole into glass.

You'll burn in Hell for all eternity, I'll see to it.

Those texts show intent so they are relevant as this is being tried as a hate crime.

And also, the state can get away with literally anything and of course the state appointed judge will allow the evidence to be used.

Really now, this kid is done. Lets be honest. He clearly went there looking for trouble and he found trouble. You may think coons deserve it but you are you a man of the law and the Constitution? If so then you kust accept the fact that what this idiot has done is a crime and he should be punished.

He drove hundreds of miles to start trouble.
Hes on camera the same day talking racist shit
Hes on camera the same day flashing his gun
He instigated the night before and bragged about it.

This is clear cut. He screwed up. He went went out of his way to do this and hoped a jigter would get uppity so he could use that as an excuse to kill.

He will rot in prison for life and thats a good thing. A jury will sentence him swiftly.

No logic in this counter-response. Explains the butt hurt.

>responding to the same post three times in a desperate attempt to get some (yous)

Have a (you)

I can smell your weakness through the computer.

I hope everyone takes a lesson from this and moves to Texas, where people won't blink an eye when a man has to defend himself or his property. Everyone has that right, if your state denies you that right then you're in the wrong state.

As for you, Ahmed. You will always be a coward. You live as a coward, your family are cowards, and you will all die cowards. Enjoy that

oh its your turn is it, ok

desert in to glass? do you know what glass is made from?

Now the desert in to moss would be impressive, glass isn't exactly what I would call progressive

and Yes, my town is 93% white. you country is 40% non white

Going off how you judge success I would say you have a lot of work to do before we can call you dangerous

there is no hell so at least you have something to look forward to faggot

Fuck any sand niggers in the UK, they should all die.

I'm sick of the degenerates posting here...regardless of the content. They should all die.

Day of the rope.

no thats my galloping nob rot. I got it after a short American tour last year, your slags are fun but not marriage material

>Memeing in the first degree

This trial is a joke.

An England that is less than 98% white is a fuckong travesty. Japan, China, and Korea aren't playing your multikulti shit with their homelands.

>Being racist isn't a crime,
Yes but in a criminal case you need actus reus (the action) and mens rhea (the mind) in order to be guilty. The act exists but they're using texts as an example to push a suggestion that he shot the hoodlums out of spite and not out of self-defense. The defense has to prove there was evidence to show that he was in fear for his life or else the jury could just believe that he was a racist who baited some dumb niggers so he could shoot them up.

men dont blink, almost sounds fucking seruious

#Yeah but come here and say that

Theres tougher places top go to where I could say a lot less

Any other minneapolis polacks want to attend the trial?

That's not Scarscella talking in the video you fucking faggot

You don't know shit about the events take your arm chair lawyer skills back 2 reddit, cunt

>(ID: hUwooHW0)
filtered

Heat from hydrogen explosions will turn silica sand into glass, towel head.

We're going to nuke the Middle East soon. All your A-rab camel jockeys will be turned into ash.

I hope you live long enough to see/experience everyone in your family being killed.

Hell is very real and you will burn there for all time.

I expect someone to get off scotch free when their life is threatened.

I don't understand why people give such obvious retards (you)s. Although I understand his perspective, if I was a cucked no gunz euro I would probably be butthurt at American freedom as well.

a degenerate being anyone who disagress because you are too dumb to debate?

That is what we've been trying to get in to you Trumpskulls for 12 months, you are too dumb to understand why what you are doing is stupid

Did I hurt your feelings little guy?

Last I checked, it takes money or good looks to fuck cold-hearted American girls. Turds have neither.

Therefore, you're lying over the internet. I've somehow lost more respect for you, coward.

i memed the masked guy with the gun into not going to the protest where the other guys ended up doing the shooting

Those messages are pretty damning.
But if they were made over a year ago they're hardly relevant.

The prosecutions whole case is bullshit
How is shooting someone who is assaulting you assault?
I think theyre trying to set precedents so that blacks can assault anyone without repercussion
This is complete retardation
Fuck lib states

ess than 98% white is a fuckong travesty

can you present the paper that agrees please

I REALLY DID HURT YOUR FEELINGS HAHAHAHAHA

You sat there for two minutes, mad enough to try again and insult me hahahahaha

Motivation helps in establishing a series of events that is being obfuscated by people lying.

No one is lying here. We know the exact sequence of events that transpired in this case, so we understand whether or not a crime took place. These men were more than justified to their right of self defense because anything they said is protected by the first amendment and anything they thought or think presently isn't usable as evidence because its impossible to prove.

Motivation, stupidly enough, CAN elevate a crime to a "hate crime," but only if an actual crime has been committed and it absolutely has not.

So when he wins he'll get a big payout for being wrongfully imprisoned for a year, right?
Or at least a free pass to commit 1 year in prison's worth of crimes

>slowly becoming less and less coherent and typing more and more like a nigger

The post being used it court will likely lead to the Jury finding him guilty, followed by an appeals court overturning the decision and requiring he be retried. Really the prosecution was stupid for thinking this would work.

damn yeah you got me. Never been to Hawaii or Miami on tour

I must have made up

Just like these faggots are getting sent down straight out of my imagination

They had an asian qt with them?

for

>What began as 40 potential jurors was whittled >down to 14 Tuesday afternoon, consisting of 11 >men and three women, two of them alternates. At >least nine of the men are white, and there are no >blacks on the panel.

This is comforting, he might walk.

Not gonna praise you. What if this one guy had a straighter aim?

Yes, Daniel is a smol Asian.

>Prosecutors are trying to persuade a jury that Allen “Lance” Scarsella is a racist and that text messages sent to friends signaled that he was the kind of person who would fire into a crowd of mostly black protesters in November 2015, wounding five of them.
so incredibly misleading that it is irresponsible to print that shit.

>mpd shoots some dumb ape who needed to be shot
>blm protests by occupying some vacant lot or something, i don't recall the location but it was public property or there was no expectation of privacy at least
>attend protest in order to counter protest and say silly words for the internet
>media catches wind and decides the meme squad must be nazis
>"protesters" now on the look out for "white" people (nazis)
>"protesters" accost meme team 6 ultimately culminating in the protestors attacking them without either physical or verbal provocation
>meme team 6 breaks contact and attempts to leave the area
>"protesters" chase and attack them for multiple blocks
>meme team 6 actual finally fears for his life and opens fire on the group attacking him/them
>meme team 6 fails to call the police and flees the area because they are terrified the apes will descend on them en masse before LE arrives (leaving the scene is the only real crime they committed)

remember! not agreeing with the criminal empowerment movement that is BLM makes you a racist!

What are you even typing now?

I think you broke his dune coon brain

Shitposts have always been able to be used against you. Don't say stupid shit online or phone. In fact just don't say stupid shit at all.

>least nine of the men are white
We win again!

>Being racist isn't a crime

It is to a liberal. Being a rayciss means the law no longer applies. It is open season to physically harm you, and you cannot defend yourself.

It's OK. The entire leftist regime gets put into camps before this trial is over. They'll be released one way or another.