Should there be a mandatory universal language, and if yes, which one should it be?

Should there be a mandatory universal language, and if yes, which one should it be?
Should it be an existing one or create an artificial one? Can it and will it work? Not sure what people think of Esperanto, but with what Wikipedia has to offer on the number of users I feel it has failed it's purpose.

Other urls found in this thread:

emersoncentral.com/selfreliance.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nope.

No, but if there is, it should be English, because it's my native language.

Romansh, so that everyone has to suffer.

A new language, based on principles that can be easily mapped to computer parsing.

Digits man speaks truth

Why not? Seems useful. Of course this doesn't mean we should abandon native languages.
I agree that it should be English, afaik it's the third in native speaker number and it's easier than mandarin, not sure about Spanish. Besides, most countries with other native languages often have mandatory English classes at school. It's just that knowing English isn't mandatory by law.

You mean one native language for all peoples?

No, because that'd mean the erosion of national identities.

Something like what English is today?

Most definitely.

You do realize that Esperanto was created by an insane marxist right?

Latin or

this

Yep, but it doesn't mean that a universal language doesn't have it's uses. I for one, have always hated going to other countries and having shitload of difficulties trying to communicate with the locals. Can't even ask for a bathroom without having to resort to mimes.

>Latin
>literally one of the most difficult languages
>should be taught as the language that connects us all

>wants to be connected with people that can't even learn latin
You'd think people on Sup Forums would appreciate a pleb filter

We don't have a need for a mandatory universal language.

But we do have an established language as a lingua franca. And that is currently English

Travel is overrated.
emersoncentral.com/selfreliance.htm
>2. It is for want of self-culture that the superstition of Travelling, whose idols are Italy, England, Egypt, retains its fascination for all educated Americans. They who made England, Italy, or Greece venerable in the imagination did so by sticking fast where they were, like an axis of the earth. In manly hours, we feel that duty is our place. The soul is no traveller; the wise man stays at home, and when his necessities, his duties, on any occasion call him from his house, or into foreign lands, he is at home still, and shall make men sensible by the expression of his countenance, that he goes the missionary of wisdom and virtue, and visits cities and men like a sovereign, and not like an interloper or a valet.

>I have no churlish objection to the circumnavigation of the globe, for the purposes of art, of study, and benevolence, so that the man is first domesticated, or does not go abroad with the hope of finding somewhat greater than he knows. He who travels to be amused, or to get somewhat which he does not carry, travels away from himself, and grows old even in youth among old things. In Thebes, in Palmyra, his will and mind have become old and dilapidated as they. He carries ruins to ruins.

This seems like a sensible suggestion, and I'm not even from the same country as you. Motion carried.

English is going to be the language of the world.

It already is.

If you counted the number of English speaking people on the planet it would dwarf any other two languages combined.

China for example. Yeah they speak Chinese but most speak English as well. So that counts as an English speaker too.

It's already happening. And it is english.

>Most people in China English
Not even the chinks in Canada speak English.

English is already the world language

It's made from 3 different languages, and incorporates words from everyone.

>most speak English
They cheat on the tests. Most Chinese exchange students and probably most Chinese colony drops simply do not speak or understand English.

We already have one, a lot of people have reported an existence of a language they speak in their dreams a language whose odds they don't understand but understand whatever is being said it's like their is a language embedded is us which we have to discover

*words

it should be latin tbqhfam

>Forcing people into a half cocked, incredibly convulated unnatural medium that nobody but the linguists that created appreciate or want in order to "facilitate" interaction

Sounds like something the EU would do.

Fuck your mandatory anything, commie.

>easier than mandarin

I fucking hate this meme

>Mandarin is useful
>Over 1 billion people speak it!

Yes, and they're all useless chink peasants who nobody has a need/desire to converse with, not to mention they all speak with regional dialects so thick it's a moot point.

It should be Ecclesiastical Latin. For the restoration of the Holy Roman Church worldwide. The one True Church founded by God and Lord himself which spread Christianity all over the world.

This

Yes, and should be Latin, fuck the anglsphere

global trending on twitter rarely has an English word/phrase