Daily reminder that Americans have NOTHING to complain about when it comes to house prices

Daily reminder that Americans have NOTHING to complain about when it comes to house prices.

Pic relates is in the centre of Houston. This would cost at least $250k in Britain.

Other urls found in this thread:

nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11620085
stuff.co.nz/life-style/home-property/10593692/Grey-Lynn-dump-sells-for-over-1-million
homesnap.com/NC/Jacksonville/340-Collins-Street
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Houston

It's cheap because nobody wants to live there. It's like Mexico. Half the billboards are in Spanish, everyone is at least bilingual and the news is filled with spic and nigger crime.

The only good part is the suburbs, which is the norm for large cities.

Watch Silicon Valley's housing for non engineers.

How much would it cost to make it livable. Also, how does an Indian buy this?

Houston is the artistic capital of Texas. A relative oasis in the desert terrain of the southwestern United States. Its blend of traditional rural life and modern urban culture offers its citizens an opportunity to taste everything the United States has to offer. There are ZERO reasons your average Sup Forums user shouldn't own his own home by the age of 25. ZERO.

You gotta save those rupis man.

I've gone to at least a dozen conferences there. Downtown is nice, but the whole city is shit. There's literally no zoning laws, so you'll see shopping centers right next to residential properties.

My house lot is about 6200 sq foot (582 sq metre)

in 1981, house sold for ~$75K
in 2001, I bought the house for ~$375K
now in 2016, house was estimated to around ~$1M

Sydney prices are getting jacked. Live like 40mins away from CBD.

So that house for 46K is a good deal, as I can renovate it and increase it's value if I need to sell it.

>Its blend of traditional rural life and modern urban culture offers its citizens an opportunity to taste everything the United States has to offer.
yeah, except that Texas is becoming the new California. Except they started off with more third worlders before the sprawl started getting out of control. Maybe I'll buy a house there with my trust fund, vote red for a decade or so then turn a profit when everyone else has fled California and the home is worth 5x what I bought it for.

The house in the OP is in pic related area.

A leafy green suburb with low crime and great access to the city centre. There is not a single place in the United Kingdom where such a property would cost $46k. It's unbelievable.

Trust me, you would not want to live where the houses are at this price.

Seems like a good deal but I'm sure there's a catch.

Give me seven good reasons to justify that claim.

It's a shitty city. I live in NC and I buy alot of bank foreclosures. I've bought half a dozen houses here in similar shape for less than 40k.

Houston is shit though. You should visit before you move.

you have to live with a bunch of right-wing conservatards that probably voted for drumpf, for one

I'm not even exaggerating. There are absolutely no zoning laws. A few years back, some developer built a multi story office building in the middle of a suburb.

>House
>Not cardboard glued on a wood structure
Real men live in commieboxes

You'll live in a sketchy neighborhood where you'll wake up everyday wondering if someone broke into your house or car.
These areas usually flood VERY easily.
If you plan on having kids you'll have to deal with them going to public schools with mostly ghetto or bad influence.
Your house is basically made out of cardboard and will most likely be old so you'll have to deal with paying for repairs.

Those are just a few things that I can think of off the top of my head.

Houston is mostly Democrat because they keep promising amnesty.

If you think fucking houses are affordable your fucked in the head, I live in the middle of Worst Virginia ,homes average 80k-200k around here, this state is fucked

The fact is Americans have it easy.

Pic related (on the right) is 2 bedrooms in a shitty area of the shitty city Rochdale, which I'm sure many on Sup Forums are familiar with.

The price?

$117,000

wow my car costs more than that

Do you flip them or rent then? I've noticed an increase in 300-400k foreclosures, can't be a good sign

Then move. For 80-200K you could get a nice fucking house where I live. Hell, for 200K you could get a new house.

t. Houston board of tourism member on vacation

stop having 64 million people + import immigrants each year in an island that's 1/3 the size of texas (population 25million).

>stop all immigration
>let your population fall down to 10m
>grow some fucking forests

>Worst Virginia

Get f*****k. This would cost over £1million in the UK, regardless of location.

>Houston is the artistic capital of Texas

not Austin?

It used to be but now it's just a meme with overpriced housing.

Depends on the property. I try to rent as many as possible, but if I get a great price, I'll throw some paint on the walls, do some landscaping and resell it.

I deal almost exclusively on house in the 25-50k range. Alot of mobile homes and 1970-80s houses. Mobile homes are a great value, they're actually built pretty well after 1997. You can get them with half an acre of land for 30k around here and rent them for 600-700 dollars.

I see. Yeah, I was under the impression that it had gone full yuppie libtard over the past decade. Has the art scene moved someplace else in TX?

>46k

You Britishish dipshit, you'd probably have to drop a shitload of money to make that house livable. It's completely dilapidated, gutted from the inside, and looks like it used to be a meth lab. Granted it's a better deal than anything you can get in the UK, but don't act like you can just drop 46k on this house and move right in and live a comfy life instantly.

>250k

You are like a little baby. Watch this.

>3.1 million (2.23 million USD) for this just last year

nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11620085

If it costs that little chances are your neighbors are niggers

Clay is mostly woodlands, and filled with methheads, what your Brit ass doesn't realize is that there is little to no gainful employment in this state, hell the economy here is 4-8 years behind the rest of the US,so even of a place is 60k its gonna have serious problems that aren't listed

Slumlord

Enjoy shitty tenants and having to always repair something. That in itself is a full time job

Neither Americans or brits have a reason to complain. A basic two bedroom here is close to 500k.

well it was valued at 1.8 mill plus it was heritage protected.

How about this one?

A short commute from the city of Bloomington, Indiana.

In my country this would cost hundreds of thousands of pounds.

stuff.co.nz/life-style/home-property/10593692/Grey-Lynn-dump-sells-for-over-1-million

>A serious lack of maintenance means the late-1800s property has a decaying interior, a lack of street appeal, no running water or electricity and a strong, unpleasant odour inside.

>Five groups of buyers, including a phone bidder, quickly took the starting price of $900,000 to the final sale price.

>Mouldy throughout, the dangerous floorboards don't provide many safe places to stand inside, the bathroom and kitchen are incredibly rusted and there are large stains along the ceilings. The house itself isn't where the value lies, however: in a bloated Auckland property market, this one is all about the land.

>The 381 square-metre section may not sound big to most

>low crime
top kek maybe compared to the ghetto

You can get a mobile home with half an acre for 30k? What part of NC do you live in? Surrounded by a bunch of toothless hillbillies or something?

Serious though, I've saved up 55k and work from home so I've been considering just taking the easy way out when I come back to the states and setting myself up with a super easy living situation, low taxes, property ownership, never paying rent, etc

That house is in the literal Houston Hood

Are minorities jsut the tool to grab all the nice in the city real estate for the jews and other crony real estate developers? Is that the simple long term plan? Move in minorities with some kinda bs about equality, then let them fuck things, then buy all shit cheap, then suddenly change laws to develop area and build condos. LOL and control condo owners with condo fee and condo commy shit

Then work elsewhere, save enough for a mortage and then get whatever cum slurping job you can find to pay the cheap as hell mortgage.

No you cant. No amount of renovation will raise the value of that house, because the biggest detractor to its value isn't the house itself, but where its located.

>huge landmass
>low population
>high house prices

You're just retarded though. There's no excuse for that.

True but that valuation is fucked too.

It's basically millions for the piece of land just because it's close to the city. It's a huge fucking bubble.

Houses around San Francisco are 1 million minimum.
I make 87k per year and I can barely afford to rent a 1 bedroom apartment. (3k per month)

Nah, they're good home. All 10-15 years old. I keep the places clean and they're in good neighborhoods. The original mortgage amount on most of the foreclosures I buy is more than $100k.

Houstonfag here. Housing is incredibly cheap here compared to a lot of the other large cities. Also I wouldn't consider something that far outside of the 610 loop to be the center of Houston. And that house looks like total shit on the inside. Probably has all sorts of problems for it to be that price.

>Houston is the artistic capital of Texas.
Houston has it's decent areas but it's not the fucking "artistic capital" compared to Austin. That's fucking retarded.

You're not wrong, but renovation can raise its value, but I don't know for that house specifically.

Looks like a great deal but now ask yourself why there are no pictures of the inside of the place. There's probably a reason for that.

Tons of houses for sale for dirt cheap that look nice on the outside but look like a bomb hit it when you go inside.

Also nobody really is clamoring to move to Indiana, that's another reason

Not that I know of. It's basically just dying in Austin.

Lived in Houston for 6 years and fucking hated it. 120 degrees with 98% humidity in the summer, so much traffic, and more Mexicans than Americans. Only reason I went was because my company gave me a $50k bump in pay.

The only good thing about that is that it sits on 2.2 acres of land. Also
>1000 sq ft

My fucking 2 bedroom apartment has 1100 sq ft, that house is fucking tiny

Nigga youve never been to Houston have you?

Wew lad. check the house pricing in London.

Something like this is what I would buy.

Someone bought it last year for 35k, put 5k in renovations in and now they're selling it for 63k. If I walked in with cash, I could get it for 50k and rent it for $750. I'd have my money back out of it in 6-7 years.

>everyone is at least bilingual

Oh, the horror. People who know more that one language should be gassed, right?

Forgot the link.

homesnap.com/NC/Jacksonville/340-Collins-Street

You don't understand, theyre bilingual because they're all either second or first generation illegal immigrants from Mexico.

>Also nobody really is clamoring to move to Indiana, that's another reason

How about this then?

Prosperous Fall River, Massachusetts. Around 20 minutes to the centre of the city.

Literally get f****d.

I get it, I'm just trying to be funny to get upvoted on the front page.

If your first language is one of the following then yes:
>Spanish (Any New World variant)
>Mandarin
>Arabic
>Any languagethat involves tongue clicking or has no written form

I investigated the property.

A quick look at a racial map and google street view quickly illustrate the low price of the property.

Please don't come here. We have enough indians here. They're shitty drivers, they bring sjw politics. They run stop signs and almost run you over, and if you confront them about it they scream at you and call you racist. Not pretty. Just stick to curryland

That is actually a good ass deal

Dude, the houses youre posting are in the poorest parts of cities or in bum fuck egypt.

No one wants to live in these places. Is it worth putting up with to get on the property market? I would. I did. But theyre still shitholes.

You could get twice the prefab in Iowa, and people are actually moving here.

Poorfags. The land alone would cost about 500k$ here.

It looks like crap on the outside and oh how convenient, no photos of the inside of it.

I'm not saying you can't find livable shit for that price, because you can. But they are harder to find in places other than ghettos.

Finally someone speaking sense

N0ice

What is the webpage to investigate by racial makeup

Huston internet defense force plz go.

Actually the problem is that nobody speaks English. Can I go to a Serbian government office and get a government form in 6 different languages? Probably not.

>What is the webpage to investigate by racial makeup

Google.

Who the fuck wants to live in a neighbourhood with so many racial minorities everybody knows the Mid-west is the best.

Houston is built on a swamp, that house probably floods every time it rains.

This is one of the reasons NC is on our target list when migrating. Besides the IT jobs.
As we did complete renovations ourself a few times, including electricity, plumping, tiles, dry and wet wall, we'd like to buy an old house and renew it on the side.
The prices are ridiculous low compared to european standards.
And for the cardbox argument; I do not see the reasons for a small one floor building in NC climate to be wet build.

Okay Americans.

This is your last chance.

Literally explain why this is so cheap. I would have to work for 60 years in the United Kingdom to afford this even if it was in the frickin outer Hebrides.

Too lazy for that m8. Just give me the link

>Clay,WV

You do realize the price of homes increases and decreases because of the jobs available in that area. What kind of jobs and industry do you think Clay,WV has? It's pointless to buy a 45k house if you can't work there. Unless you are just buying it as a rental or investment it's not really worth it. Save an extra 50-150k and you will be much better off.

You'll probably have to drop at additional 46k to make it livable

The average Maine town has a higher population than it's residents have in combined teeth.

Name an area in West Virginia where jobs are available then. I guarantee there will be homes there for low prices.

Waterfront+recreational, that's gonna cost you in property taxes plus no guarantee your not gonna get fucked by the bank hiking your mortgage

senpai you're comparing a tiny country where all of the land is accounted for to almost an entire continent-sized country. you'd be better off comparing real-estate prices of the UK to something like Maine or new hampshire

Clay is just coal mines and minimum wage slavery

I WISH I LIVED IN TEXAS RIP DJ SCREW U ALIVE IN MY EYES AND HEART FOREVER SCREWED UP CLICK. RIP BIG MOE UGK 4 LIFE

>in the centre of Houston

Now, go ahead and post the crime map for the center of houston.

>1000sq ft

Mate that is bordering on cuckshed territory in the United States. I suppose to you it must be a mansion. In the US you need a minimum of 1600sq ft. 2 bed and 2 bath.

Reminder that that house would go for 1.5 million in Vancouver.

New Hampshire isnt that expensive its mostly California and New York.

>implying just because the rent is cheap the people are scum
>implying you cannot screen tenants

I live in cuckfornia, a 900sq ft studio apt out here run $800 and up a month...

I was just talking about this in a thread yesterday.... Deja vu

1000 square feet is far more than the average British person could dream of having. My parent's bungalow is 550sq feet and they pinch themselves all the time at the fact they manage to live in such luxury. I myself rent a tiny 10x10 foot room in a flat with no living room and a kitchen where barely one person can fit. I pay the equivalent of $920 just to live here.

Pic relates was rented for $650 per month in an area of London which is mostly Afro-Caribbean, with a high crime rate.

Really makes you think

SCREWED UP CLICK 4 LIFE

Still better than Jew York and california is quite all right move to Northern California(Sacramento) etc.