White Fragility Leads to White Violence: Why Conversations About Race With White People Fall Apart

Why do conversations about race fall apart when we have them with white people?

>What those privileges mean is being above reproach and critique and being able to feel safe and comfortable in all spaces, wrapped within a bubble of whiteness. And because that hold on whiteness and white supremacy is so important, the unpleasant side effect of white fragility often rears its ugly head.

>The oft-uttered “Not all white people” is a form of white violence. It is a silencing move that, as Ciccariello-Maher says, displaces the conversation. It says, “Yeah, you’ve had that experience, but since all white people don’t do that, it doesn’t count.”

>When a black person offers a polite critique of something a white person has done, and said white person calls the critique an “attack” or says the black person is being “racist,” that, too, is a form of white violence, used to deflect and derail.

Other urls found in this thread:

esr.ibiblio.org/?p=2122
youtube.com/watch?v=lVFtA40UZEw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what does krispy kreme have to do with white fragility?

>white violence is not coddling niggers
>nigger violence is pic related
Really stimulates the jimmy nuetrons

>left projecting their own faults onto the right
>again

This is because of white colonialism.

>Monique
Tell me all about white people, black person.

>accuse someone of something
>they respond
>this is against the rules

>Calling out racism is violent only if you're white

We're dealin with a real fuckin abstract kind of retarded here

thanks for proving the point of the article.

white people are so predictable. so fragile.

When do you go back?

>tfw you watch an OP reply so generically that you start thinking it's just a bot
How are you getting past the captcha though?

>1880s-1970s - reparations! apologize for slavery!
>1970s - 2000s - white flight! gentrification!
>2000s - 2010s - lol, white people suck at dancing, no spice! / "these white men are dangerous" meme
>2016 - "white people are violent hitlers!" "white nationalist terrorists are the cause for everything bad!"
>2017 - white people get annoyed and finally get tired of your shit
white fragility

>anecdotal evidence for 1000
>Implying anyone on this cite has something positive to say
>Implying you didn't come here already knowing the answer
>Implying this wasn't a troll post

"Conversation" in the Progressive context always means that they get to air their grievances about how privileged you are and how you have "sinned" and need to commit penance to them.

It is almost never actual dialogue or genuine desire to understand and find human commonality. It is pretty much just a language guilt tripping power play.

>Why do conversations about race fall apart when we have them with black people?

>What those privileges mean is being above reproach and critique and being able to feel safe and comfortable in all spaces, wrapped within a bubble of blackness. And because that hold on blackness and black power is so important, the unpleasant side effect of black fragility often rears its ugly head.
>The oft-uttered “Not all black people” is a form of black violence. It is a silencing move that, as Ciccariello-Maher says, displaces the conversation. It says, “Yeah, you’ve had that experience, but since all black people don’t do that, it doesn’t count.”
>When a white person offers a polite critique of something a black person has done, and said back person calls the critique an “attack” or says the white person is being “racist,” that, too, is a form of black violence, used to deflect and derail.

Flip the script, and this describes niggers perfectly

I've always hated the concept of "derailing" a "conversation". That implies that the conversation was "on rails" to begin with, meaning that this was never a "conversation" between equals, but a lecture by some self-righteous ass hat.

I'm sorry I don't want to sit here and be lectured for crimes I didn't commit, I must be a monster.

>ruining Krispy Kreme like that

Do that in South Carolina and lynching will become our favorite sport again.

Nice lets have a conversation about race

1) race is real
2) africans have an avg IQ somewhere around 80, a full deviation below whites
3) interracial rape is 99% black on white
4) blacks in their teens and early 20's make up 5% of us Population, but over 50% of murders
5) blacks who come from well off families score as well as poor white kids on the SAT

>whites aren't allowed to say that not all whites are racist
>tell a nigger crime stats and say all you feral coon are violent and he say not all niggers
The reason the conversation falls apart is because whites are capable of having a discussion while blacks are stupid as fuck.

That's already implied, you fat fuck.

>someone called a nigger a nigger
>the nigger kills them
Black fragility leads to black violence: Why conversations about race with black people fall apart.

Conversations with White people about race beak down because your platitude from the very beginning is "roll over and die quietly for the darkies".

When black people don't listen to me when I tell them black IQ is very low compared to civilized racists am I experiencing black violence?

>people who disagree with me are fragile, strong people just blindly accept any criticism I provide and modify their behavior accordingly.

Are you that black American who became a refugee in Norway?

>and said white person calls the critique an “attack” or says the black person is being “racist,”
The fuck does she associate white people with that ? The race card is typically used by minorities.

Yeah man, this is exactly why I can't stand the left, and I'm a cocksucking, power bottoming, tranny banging leftie myself!

It amazes me how blind black people are to their level of privileged. Unlike white people, they aren't born with it. We GIVE it to them knowing they will only use it against us. How do black people not see this shit?

Oh, that's right, they pretend not to. Just like women. Because not having privilege works to their benefit, so denying all knowledge of it is best.

Fuck off with that.

I'm glad I haven't met a person in real life that thinks like this. Then again, I'd probably just ignore them, but still, racist people from both ends of the political spectrum are fucking retarded.

look at the replies in this very thread. White people lashing out "nigger!" "lynching needs to come back" etc. White people are so fragile that just mentioning their privilege sets them off.

>I'm sorry I don't want to sit here and be lectured for crimes I didn't commit, I must be a monster.

you're benefitting from other white crimes by being white yourself. You're still benefiting from slavery by being a white american.

the sooner you start to admit that this is true, the sooner things can become better.

They know their audience well.

Fucking leaf proxy.

Black Americans benefit from slavery more than anyone. They'd still be living in Africa if their ancestors weren't brought over here.

Listen up niggers and nigger loving faggots

You will be annihilated

No amount of "talking reasoning etc" will be taken into consideration

We are going to turn your bs culture and all your nigger bullshit right back against it

We are going to murder every single last one of you fucking monkey pieces of shit

You filthy nigger dick slobbering faggot fuck. Go put an ad up on Craigslist offering to do free shit for filthy niggers and let them take advantage of you and feel better about your white guilt you filthy kike Jew fuck.

>black lives donut matter
what did krispy kreme mean by this

This is correct. The only reason blacks and liberals exist is because we allow them to.

I don't want to have conversations about race. Fuck you. I don't want to see another race. Leave me in peace you fucking niggers.

>white fragility

So it's okay to hate on whitey, and when he has a problem with it, we make snarky buzzwords that further insult their right to exist.

healthy white males expressing deep thought.

Oh piss off with your guilt tripping. How's the weather up there on your high moral ground?

You know damn well you came here to troll, don't act like you're some race saint because you gave us boilerplate white privilege rhetoric. Get some better arguments, shit-wizard.

It's more so that when someone wants to have an honest conversation about race they really just want to shit on whites

If whites say anything positive about themselves or negative about others in retort they get shouted down. Whites are stuck between a rock and a hard place.

This actually shows non-white fragility

Nice kafkatrapping, biscuit.

>you're benefitting from other white crimes by being white yourself. You're still benefiting from slavery by being a white american.
that's not logically consistent. I don't get a cut of the pie every time a bank heist goes down by virtue of sharing a race with the perpetrators.

>the sooner you start to admit that this is true, the sooner things can become better.
Nothing good comes from admitting to commiting a crime you didn't commit. especially when the 'crime' is vague and applied generously to an entire percentage of the human population

>> White people pay to keep you alive
>> Niggers sot around and smoke weed all day
>> Niggers call white people racist

Yeah why would white people be mad?

Is the text in your post real?

I mean, "not all x" was a phrase created by leftists to protect blacks and Muslims, it has nothing to do with white people. This type of argument (the title) is also about the stupidest thing imaginable.

It's like having a conversation like this:
W: Hello, my black neighbor.
B: wut u say wipipo, dey kiln us erday
B: don b so fragil u cant see this
W: Nigger.
B: WOW WHAT DID YOU SAY I'LL HAVE YOU KNOW THAT'S RACIST AND WHITE PEOPLE GET TRIGGERED EASILY I'M CALLING THE POLICE YOU CAN'T SAY THAT THAT'S ILLEGAL I'M OMBAMA SON

I'll bite.

Everything you said is true. No arguments or disputes, just some comments.

1. If you do not like the fact that everything you said is correct, are you doing anything to help fix it?
2. Do you feel like you should do anything to help fix it, why or why not?
3. The standard: Not all black people are like that. Yes they are the exception & not the rule...but why throw the baby out with the bathwater.
4. If the exception exists that means it is not impossible. So doesn't that mean that mean we should be able to replicate and eventually increase the number the "exceptions".
5. Black on white racism is real.
6. (Some but not all) "Racism" isn't purely the belief that blacks are subhuman, but the fact that based on facts, figures and stats they tend to be more dangerous & more of a threat. Does this suck for "good blacks"- yes. Does it give black people to cry racism at every turn and/or be rude to authority figures- no.

Just proving my point that it was never a conversation, but an ideological lecture.

You're kafkatrapping, and you know it.

I'm just stating a fact for you. if you feel guilty by that, that's actually a good sign because that means you know there's truth to it.

>offers a polite critique of something a white person has done, and said white person calls the critique an “attack”.

see? you're on the offense immediately.

this is also something that's worth re-quoating for the other people in this thread:

>The oft-uttered “Not all white people” is a form of white violence. It is a silencing move that, as Ciccariello-Maher says, displaces the conversation. It says, “Yeah, you’ve had that experience, but since all white people don’t do that, it doesn’t count.”

>Translation: we, the left, achieved exactly zero in attempting to repair race relations over five fucking decades so we'll just take it out on our own race to diffuse frustration

>offers a polite critique
Generally in the former of a gentle "FUCK white people they'really cavemen!" 3500 word libsplain guilt piece by Talcum X

>our own race

>What those privileges mean is being above reproach and critique and being able to feel safe and comfortable in all spaces, wrapped within a bubble of whiteness.
Kek try growing up white in the hood and going to ghetto schools bitch.

Is there a worse donut in the country than krispy kreme?

Even crappy wal-mart supermarket donuts are better.

Jesus christ pal, smug much? Just because I recognized your rhetorical tactics doesn't mean I was affected by them.

>Black Fragility Leads to Black Violence: Why Conversations About Race With Black People Fall Apart
This is what actually happens.

Check your kafkatrapping privilege.

this is classic motte & bailey. You start off by saying all white people are guilty for slavery then when you get pushback you retreat to "I was merely offering polite critique" when the original intent was always to guilt trip the subject into some unspecified concessions
>the sooner you start to admit that this is true, the sooner things can become better.

>disagreement means you're "proving the point"
God I hate this meme, it rustles my jimmies everytime

its habbening.. nigger loving faggot go prep your wifes bull

digits confirm cuck

t. nordcuck

you've convinced me, i'm a nignog now.

It's been almost seven years.
esr.ibiblio.org/?p=2122

It's funny becasue the only race issues that intelligent well educated blacks have are the type of issue we know is resolved as soon as people get used to interacting with them, just like the problems asians have like people assuming they are not from the US. Once someone is used to being around asians they stop doing those randomly annoying things.

Literally the only thing that can stop racism is for blacks to act like americans the way asians do.

kek

>a polite critique
>calling a simple phrase white violence

>I don't get a cut of the pie every time a bank heist goes down by virtue of sharing a race with the perpetrators.

actually you are wrong because you're looking at the wrong way. your crime has already been committed by the virtue of benefiting from being white, why is that so hard to understand?

when you apply for a job, when you travel by plane, when you simply walk through a street, you're constantly benefiting from your white privilege, and that privilege comes from earlier committed crimes by your race.

Checked.

The lack of self-awareness is simply astonishing.

>conversations
What conversations?

Actually, every country run by blacks that was ever touched by whites becomes significantly more developed.

Something you should consider when dealing with pseudo intellectual liberals who want to criticize white people: Responding to them with aggression, though often justified, only serves to reinforce their beliefs and leave them with a smug sense of self satisfaction (as you see by them labeling it "white fragility").

A much better approach is to respond to their arguments with something that is both true but also casually racist. For example: They might argue that white countries have exploited Africa. You could respond by saying that if it weren't for aid from white countries, Africa would be razed by disease and famine and billions of Africans would die.

This response is good because it's true and also implies that Africans are incapable to surviving without help from white people. This infuriates the liberal.

See my response to "whites benefit from slavery" for another example.

Talking/Discussing=/= Lecturing.

If there's no opportunity for you yourself to be wrong or for anyone to disagree with what you are saying, then you are lecturing someone like a professor, someone with expertise or knowledge on a particular subject would. Yes, the student can ask questions, But ultimately the teacher is in control of the classroom and what is taught in it. If the students believe the teacher is talking out of their ass or isn't the expert, then the teacher is forced to rethink themselves.

So yes, it's easy to understand why white people, when they find out they can't disagree or discuss "race relations" (whites vs non-white) they pimp the fuck on with their lives.

all you have to do to benefit from your own race is go to a country founded by your own race

whites benefit in white countries, because they made them for themselves
non-whites benefit more in white countries, because they didn't contribute to the country, yet they reap the benefits of the pinnacle of human civilization found within

if non-whites want to trade their spot in the best countries in the world for countries with privilege for their own race, all they have to do is go home

NEW OPERATION FRANTIC. THE ANTIFA MODS CAN'T KEEP US DOWN.

>I'm just stating a fact
Your opinions are not "facts".

>when you apply for a job
False, preference is given to minority applicants in many, many fields.
>when you walk down the street.
It's illegal for blacks to use sidewalks?

>Whites are fragile about racial issues

>DONT SAY NIGGER!! RACISS!!!!! THAT IS A BAD WORD! THAT IS OUR WORD

They literally shake when you flip their own bullshit on them. Their views are so fundamentally self-centered that they cannot even understand opposing perspective. They aren't even anti-intellectual, they are incapable of intellectualism and debate.

They are pushing me further and further right with this shit.
>inb4 proving ops point

>Ciccariello-Maher

To all those who hate niggers and are looking forward to seeing them "annihilated".

What are you doing to start the annihilation?

Although I disagree with them wildly, two blatant racists who I disagree with but kinda sorta respect are Dylann Roof & Matt Heimbach.

Roof took it into his own hands. He said that black people shouldn't be in the "white man's" country and actually took physical steps to lowering the black population. And he felt not one ounce of regret for his actions.

Heimbach wants a "white ethnostate". Instead of sitting on his hands he is literally creating a "white village". He bought a large compound for fellow white traditionalists and white families to live in. With enough people and money he could make an all white town. I don't understand why white people who want a space of their own just create a location where technically they are following all the laws, but just make it emotionally unbearable for black people to live in.

What black person would want to live in a town where every white family's lawn says "go home niggers" on it. Everytime a black person spends money in the town it is excepted, but come along with a "I hope you never come back here, nigger"

Its not illegal to be a rude asshole who voices their opinions. Make everything private and you can voice whatever opinion you want.

So do black Africans in a majority black African country get "black privilege" for being a part of the majority in their own country? Because it sounds like the basis of your argument is that because white people are the majority demographic in a country they get the privilege of being in the part of the majority.

Logically, the arguments you're presenting could be used to describe "Han Privilege" in China, where because a majority of the population is "Han Chinese" the people that belong to that demographic they have privileges that other chinese minorities don't have, right?

ah i see, so when whites take offense to BLM members shouting "they're white, get'em", it's because they're "fragile", and not because those BLM members are racist fucks who want to beat up white people because of their skin colour

that makes perfect sense - if you're a fucking moron

Niggers are seriously the funniest animals out there. But dangerous too.

>flipping the script

Why does this work 100% of the time?

Maybe when you start "a conversation" from a position that the person you're talking to is bad, you're not going to convince them to adopt your position. Ever.

Also, words aren't violence.

And then when someone else turns your bullshit around on you and says your words are violence, for you to say that's another form of violence is even stronger bullshit.

But all that's cool. You can be boorish and reject other opinions if you want. I don't really care. You don't get to pretend to be neutral or superior, though.

>when you simply walk through a street

This. I don't say it often, but that article is some hardcore projection.

Why haven't we destroyed that faggot yet?

>your crime has already been committed by the virtue of benefiting from being white, why is that so hard to understand?
It's very hard indeed, to understand how the circumstance of my birth can make me guilty of any crime. I can't seem to find the law in the criminal code of Canada that mentions benefiting from being white, but maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

>when you apply for a job, when you travel by plane, when you simply walk through a street, you're constantly benefiting from your white privilege, and that privilege comes from earlier committed crimes by your race.
I don't follow. You have listed pretty typical daily activities, that every race actively participates in, in which I can find no institutional barriers to any one or multiple of races from partaking in. And yet because I too can partake in 'walking through the streets' I'm both benefiting (from what I do not know), and thus 'privileged', as a result of as of yet unspecified crimes commited by a 'race'. Races can't commit crimes. Crimes can only be commited by people, and in a limited scope, corporations.

I believe she is talking about race lecture, not a race conversation. If all input to the "conversation" by whites is dismissed as whitesplaining or whatever newspeak word for whites defending them selves, it's not really a conversation.

He knew he was being stalked. Don't ever turn your back on dangerous animals.

Just a 'conversation about race' goyim calm down!

Sooo...let's begin...why are whites so violent and fragile?

Ok shaniqua you first, pipe down john check your privilege you can speak last and you better agree with us strong WoC...

Ugh, really? Are you lionizing those racist shit stains? They're garbage people, and if you idolize them then you're garbage too.

>White guy refuses to talk about the Mike Brown incident due to having no knowledge and not really caring.

>Niggers jump him.

youtube.com/watch?v=lVFtA40UZEw

Fucking hell, I can't really recall a conversation with blacks that didn't lead to a "AW HELL NAW".

white people "founded" america by first committing genocide on the natives and then used black people as slave labor to build it up. They haven't "made it for themselves", but I'm not surprised that this kind of rhetoric comes from a canadian considering how you treat the aboriginal people.

I suggest you read up on your history.

>Sadly, our history with respect to the treatment of Aboriginal people is not something in which we can take pride. Attitudes of racial and cultural superiority led to a suppression of Aboriginal culture and values. As a country, we are burdened by past actions that resulted in weakening the identity of Aboriginal peoples, suppressing their languages and cultures, and outlawing spiritual practices. We must recognize the impact of these actions on the once self-sustaining nations that were disaggregated, disrupted, limited or even destroyed by the dispossession of traditional territory, by the relocation of Aboriginal people, and by some provisions of the Indian Act. We must acknowledge that the result of these actions was the erosion of the political, economic and social systems of Aboriginal people and nations.

>negroes punishing each other for stealing

Honestly I might have not viewed the Baltimore riots badly if blacks did this to black looters

This is brilliant. Most leftist arguments are actually rhetorical (read: emotional). When you get upset because facts are logic won't get through to them you cede the emotional level of argument to them, they win.
>if it weren't for aid from white countries, Africa would be razed by disease and famine and billions of Africans would die.
is a perfect rebuttal because its a factual statement but it contains an emotional subtext that immediately triggers sjws. You can't win with them until you start speaking their language

Oh shit Sup Forums btfo, but seriously we can't let trump get the nuclear codes, I'm a Cruz Missile now