Redpill me on the Basques

What goes on here?
Who are they?
Where did they come from?
Have you ever met one?
Is their language what we should be speaking considering it is an original caucas region language?

Other urls found in this thread:

interior.ejgv.euskadi.eus/r42-4100/es/contenidos/informacion/ez_isildu/es_01/como_saber_si_la_sufro.html
aoi.com.au/bcw/neanderbasque.htm
books.google.ru/books?id=lbLbAAAAQBAJ&pg=PA40&lpg=PA40&dq=iliberris basque&source=bl&ots=HwlLyfgYRT&sig=arcA7QS9bB_qXB_KRBq6r2yJFSs&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjqjMPFzMzRAhXCVBQKHY1aAmQQ6AEIHDAB#v=onepage&q=iliberris basque&f=false
blogs.bl.uk/european/2015/07/basque-and-georgian-are-they-related.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nobody knows for sure from where their language comes, it is simply classified as 'preromanic'

Nowadays, they're the biggest cucks in the country and SJW, at least among young people; there's even unofficial feminist patrols in the streets denouncing and fighting patriarchal oppression

Old people are just the most ignorant and brutal people in Spain, maybe the world, only 'leperos' are at a similar level. Their traditional sports are lifting rocks and cutting trees

They were a terrorist commies, too (ETA)

I thought they were tough guys. As in don't ever look a Basque in the eyes or he will fight you.

Weirdest language in Europe. And I know about the Hungarian problem.

>What goes on here?
People are born, grow, learn, love, bear children, fall ill and die. To amuse themselves on the way, some of them like to shoot policemen and set off bombs and the like.

>Who are they?
They are Basques

>Where did they come from?
The Vascones from whom they derive their name lived slightly to the north-east in Roman times, in Aquitania, and then spread further into the Iberian Peninsula. However, the Iberians and Celt-Iberians also number among the ancestors of the modern Basques. The Iberians, who inhabited the rest of the Peninsula spoke a closely related language to them anyway. If you wanted to be simplistic, all of Spain once was Basque, before the Celts came along, followed by the Romans who then taught us to speak Latin.

>Have you ever met one?
Sure. Have you ever met anyone from Indiana? They're just regular people.

>Is their language what we should be speaking considering it is an original caucas region language?
You've got a bit confused. Your racial system uses the term 'Caucasian' to describe Europeans, though this term was more or less arbitrarily chosen in the 18th century. Vasconic languages do not come from the modern Caucasus, though there are some curious parallels in the languages there, perhaps indicating that the entire European continent once spoke something in between these distant groups. If you have British ancestors, there's a reasonable chance your ancestors spoke some kind of para-proto-Vasconic or the like.

Here, have a nice map...

>Nowadays, they're the biggest cucks in the country and SJW, at least among young people; there's even unofficial feminist patrols in the streets denouncing and fighting patriarchal oppression
Source on this?

OG terrorists

What area isnt fucking commie? Everytime I hear about a spanish group I hear they are commie. Basque, Catalan, Andalusia

I remember that there was some nation exactly there when i played EU4 once, around the 15th century.

So they probs go conquered my spain and assimilated

>>Have you ever met one?
>Sure. Have you ever met anyone from Indiana? They're just regular people

You are not from Chicago

Indians are a strange backwards corn fed people

The Basques have the big industrial city of Bilbao, and the Catalans have Barcelona. These act as foci for 'modern' influences. I'm an Englishman, who lives in Andalucia, and can state that there is a marked difference in how people, particularly young people, dress and act up in these northern cities. Here in the south, many places have been lucky enough to escape a lot of bad modern trends. Girls don't do stupid hairstyles or dye their hair ridiculous unnatural colours for instance, and piercing, tattooing and general 'counter-culture' stuff is at a minimum. Up there, you're likely to encounter odd 'punk' style dress, Palestinian scarves, and just a bunch of people kidding themselves that they are taking part in some kind of global Western culture, rather than merely aping their masters in New York, London and Paris.

Andalucia has its problems of course, largely due to the difficulties over the land question and wealth distribution in the past. There's a kind of inherited chip on the shoulder of many people here due to that. But there are also strong conservative communities, very religious types, and quite a few rich people in the towns. The reds predominate in sheer numbers, but with strong opposition. My town council alternates between the right and left parties each election, for instance, though the general administration of the region as a whole is dominated by the left.

Exactly, they were

just search 'euskadi' and 'inmigracion' o 'violencia de genero'

Is there no region that is right dominated?

Have you ever met anyone from Indiana? They're just regular people.

>youve obviously never met somebody from Indiana!

Official page of Basque Govern about 'gender violence' (it is only when from men to women)
interior.ejgv.euskadi.eus/r42-4100/es/contenidos/informacion/ez_isildu/es_01/como_saber_si_la_sufro.html

Translate and cry

I haven't travelled as much of the country as I should have, but Old Castile has something of a reputation for this. Valladolid is sometimes jokingly named 'Fachadolid', where 'Facha' is a derogatory term for 'Fascist'. The leader of the 'rightist' party (just a regular globalist neoliberal type, like in most countries) is from Galicia, also up in the more north-western parts of the country. I suppose the rural areas and small old towns across Castile will tend to be more conservative. Google some election maps or something.

Here's one I happen to have on the computer, at least. Yes, the North tends 'blue', along with the established old towns of Valencia along the eastern coast.

commies or nazis? they were race supremacists too

I have heard that american democrat party would be considered on the right side of european politics. true?

Spain is only commie in the big cities and in Some places in Pais Vasco and Cataluña, the rest of the country is ok. the left in Andalucia is mostly catholic, just saying

These things aren't directly analogous, and there are very specific things to all countries, but broadly speaking, yeah. This is mostly because the 'right' have failed to put up any decent principled resistance in the culture war here. They routinely do what the left was proposing ten years previously. The 'left' pushes these cultural social issues so it can hide the fact that it mostly kisses the arse of the global plutocrats in all economic matters.

They're the Albanians of the Iberian peninsula (except they have no country). Small backward indeginous population who no one likes

Some time ago I started asking people which one they prefer, basques or catalans

Every single person answers basques, not one has answered catalans

I think it's funny

GORA EUSKAL HERRIA ASKATUTA

INDEPENDENTZIA

W-what's the Hungarian problem?

[spoiler] Not like our language is related to Hungarian or anything [/spoiler]

Are Basques overwhelmingly commie? Because if so, fuck 'em.

Are you retired and do you live in Nerja or Marbella?

it seems like your right goes full retard

Sad

watch ocho appelidos vascos, its about a man from i think andalucia pretending to be basque so he can fuck this basque chick, its pretty good and i fucking hate movies, especially romantic ones

>What goes on here?
They used to do terrorism now they just do very good food and play rugby while waiting for Spain to explode, one day, maybe.

>Who are they?
They are probably the eldest people on the continent when it comes to migration.

>Where did they come from?
The original spawning of Sapiens probably so Middle East/Africa just like everyone else.

>Have you ever met one?
Yes, they don't look really different from any french.

>Is their language what we should be speaking considering it is an original caucas region language?
Might makes things right, we speak what we speak, there is no coming back.

Languages are related because you're both descended from the asian horsemen that settled in the West.

Are Basques white?

Yes, we are

There is an interesting theory that they are related to the Georgian people. It's pretty controversial among linguists and ethnographers. Main points:

>ancient Colchis (modern day Georgia) was called East Iberia
>Spain/Portugal was called West Iberia
>both languages display ergativity

There's also a mountain in Basque country they call by a name which is almost identical to the Georgian for "invisible mountain." It's called such because the top of the mountain isn't visible, the theory goes, but obviously the similarity to the Kartuli raises eyebrows.

Interesting theory but idk if it's still popular

I'm 30, working, married to a local with whom I have bilingual children, and avoid Marbella and Torremolinos like the plague. I speak to more Rumanos than fellow Englishmen!

I'll talk about the french part.
>What goes on there ?
Nothing of value, but basque girls are beautiful.
>Who are they ?
Real indigenous of France and Spain, they come from Neanderthals men.
>Where did they come from ?
They're indigenous like I said, unlike Celts or Latins ethnic groups in France.
>Have you ever met one ?
Yes.
>Is their language what we should be speaking considering it is an original caucas region language ?
I dunno men their language is kinda weird men, it is not beautiful.

And the french basque aren't as "regionalists" as the spanish ones.

They killed Roland.

Fun fact: if you are European and have rhesus negative blood type you likely have Basque ancestry.

Oh I should add that Basques and Georgians kinda look similar, and they also both have a warrior culture. Or at least they used to have a warrior culture.

seconded

They basically went from this...

...to this

If you want to give it a read, it's very interestig.

Basque language is horrible to learn as it relates to none other, but it has made a come back in the French provinces over the last two decades. Now you can hear in the streets sometimes, which is way more frequent on the Spanish side.

Spanish Basques are more nationalists than French ones since the latter have been more successfully brainwashed by their governement.
They are also more hated in Catalonia because Catalans think they would have been independent long ago if Basques had not fucked everything up with their terrorism.

If...When Catalonia gains independence, Spanish Basque provinces will be next on the list.

>aoi.com.au/bcw/neanderbasque.htm
thanks ill check this out

How the fuck do you know about that ?

Worth noting too, is that Sardinia used to speak a language that seems pretty much near identical to Basque in terms of the toponymy it has left and the fossil words surviving in the modern Romance language there.

As for Iberian, it's demonstrative that the old Iberian city Iliberris (Elvira, Granada) seems to be have the same name as modern Basque iri berri, i.e. 'New Town'. (This 'new' berri word is also seen in Etxevarria, i.e. 'New House', which in turn is the origins for the name Xavier/Javier).

I was always curious about the ancient city of Volubilis in North Africa, suspecting that the 'bilis' part might also be a cognate with the berri in Basque. Berber languages spread there from the east, so there must have been an older language family spoken in the Western Sahara at one point, and one which might well have been related to Iberian in some way, or else Iberian colonists spread southwards at some point prior to Punic dominance of the Mediterranean.

>Oh I should add that Basques and Georgians kinda look similar,
NO. Just no.

>Sounds like a butt hurt paela nationalist.
Actually, they have been cucked by the french revolution like other based people like bretons.

Some years ago I read that the Caucasus were a last stronghold of neanderthals. Adds up to the theory.

Worth a flip through: books.google.ru/books?id=lbLbAAAAQBAJ&pg=PA40&lpg=PA40&dq=iliberris basque&source=bl&ots=HwlLyfgYRT&sig=arcA7QS9bB_qXB_KRBq6r2yJFSs&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjqjMPFzMzRAhXCVBQKHY1aAmQQ6AEIHDAB#v=onepage&q=iliberris basque&f=false Trask's History of Basque.

Nous apprenons le Chanson de Roland pendant lycée, Jacques. Chaque américain est capable de communiquer en français. C'est un grand secret.

That's thanks to the Euskaltzaindia that developed the Euskara Batua, a new "standarized Basque language". But you surely know more about that than what I do.

I heard their language is somewhat related with Aztec

>Jacques
it was either that or Jean-François, kek.

Maybe we give you murricans too much shit about your education.

IDK, there are a lot of Basques in Argentina.
'Urte berri on' in any case!

C'est la première fois que je vois un américain aussi bien parler le Français.

Basque checking in. WHAT THE FUCK IS UP KEKED FAGS

Nah I was bullshitting you m8. 99.99% of Americans do not know what the song of Roland is, nor do they speak a second language.

You're the real cuck, ya cuck.

Nah I know, it's just that sometimes (rarely) murrican posters have surprising knowledge on specific points of yuro history.

Indeed, there's a shitton of people with Basque surnames here, you'll find a lot of people with "-tegui", "-uti" or "-aga", we even have the Eitb (Basque Channel) on tv, but the funny thing is that even if we have all that shit, most of Uruguayans don't even know where the Basque Country is.

This is a good post m8. It is unfortunate that Sup Forums's knowledge of linguistics and pre-modern migration theories is generally derived from Stormfront.

That said, my understanding was that the Basques are so Celtic-mixed these days that their closest relatives are the small island-Celt groups. Is that incorrect?

Navarra I think

>"-aga"
My favourite...

We are the last whites of Europe

that "look" is actually common in Spain today. Rafael Nadal kinda looks like that. They probably interbred with humans at some point

>Turdulos

Indian Diaspora?

They practically share the same Haplotype, and some aspects of their culture are similar, as for example, the Lauburu which was shared by these Indo-European people.

And Puyol of course

Ta. ;) Stormfront wasn't so bad 10 years or so ago, mind, and served as a focus for people to meet and then spawn other more high-brow fora that I was part of, back in the day...

Insular Celts have lots of blood from pre-Celts (who have changed the Celtic languages very much from their Continental ancestor, making them approach Basque in some ways), and Basques have Celtic in them from their neighbours, so it works out like that, more or less. But linguistic isolation in the mediaeval period has tended to exaggerate the genetic divide. I don't know how that works from a scientific point of view, but a small endogamous group apparently tends to wander off on its own, when plotted on the various graphs and charts that you see.

We have to remember that the modern Castilians have a LOT of Basque in their ancestors from the Reconquista, mind. My father in law's surname is Basque, though brought to Granada in the 1490s! North of the Pyrenees, many Frenchman will be descendants of Romanised Basques too, particularly Gascons (like d'Artagnon!). And Gascoigne is a familiar name in England, even. Gascony is just the local Romance approximation of Vasconia, of course.

Yeah, that is what I thought. But on the other hand it's not like their haplogroups and mtDNA are entirely unique afaik, it's just an isolated branch of a wider group. Or at least, this is what I recall off the top of my head.

Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for the explanation, user. I had somehow forgot about Gascony completely even though there are Frenchfags ITT. Hurr durr.

like alt.flame.niggers

>Basque
>Caucus
Wut?

American Education.

Is old castile different than, castile?

Very white, though mostly brunette.

Basques are Original Europeans (Albeit with some indo-European mixture)

Finns on the other hand are not.

They are really not an attractive people

You're welcome to post what you'd find attractive, then.

Old and New refers to relative time of reconquest.

Interesting fact, people from the Basque region are called Basquets

>You've got a bit confused. Your racial system uses the term 'Caucasian' to describe Europeans, though this term was more or less arbitrarily chosen in the 18th century.

I think he was referring to the theory that the basque language was somehow related to the so-called caucasian languages like georgian, on account of grammatical similarities like ergative constructs n shiet.

isn't that because BCN has become some sort of the european Los Angeles,
full of hipsters and wealthy SJW and stuff?
Every second good looking girl I know has been to Barcelona and dreams of moving there one day, to do who knows what.
They also happen to be turbo hippies and trendy feminists, who want to explore their sexuality and feel empowered aka going to Barcelona and finding some Mediterranean Chad.
But feel hip because of the Artistic scene.

Everybody knows that.

God-tier post.

Some bonus details:

> Race/Ethnicity in Spain
Ancient Spain split into 3 biologically distinct groups:
(a) the Basques (who speak a pre-Indo-European language) - WITCHES
(b) the Southern Coast (a mix of lineages from seafaring peoples) - SAILORS
(c) the Celt-Iberians (with Galicia (NW Spain) being cousins to the Irish) - WARLORDS

These groups (and sub-groups) distrusted and fought each other since antiquity - until the Romans assimilated them.

> Race/Identity in Rome & Spain
Like with most cultures, Romans only saw the world as "Roman" and "non-Roman". None of this "white pride" bullshit.

A Thracian barbarian, a Slav barbarian, (anything-non-Roman) is a barbarian. Nordic barbarians were the fall of the Empire.

...so Romans weren't obsessed with genetics. All that mattered is that foreigners are barbarians - until they adopt Roman law, custom, language & religion. Young warriors who joined the Romans came back assimilated - improving their home towns - leading to Iberia becoming Hispania.

This view carried to the Spanish colonies. Our race charts said "Español" not "Blanco" (white). I remember one story of a Dominican mulatto raiding English/French ships - and when the English/French showed up to complain about "some loose slave", the Spanish gave the mulatto official rank (a buccaneer of the Spanish crown). Why? Like the Romans, your race is in shared language, law, custom, religion, etc - not in phenotype. Even after the French lost Haiti, the Dominicans actually *rejoined* Spain. That's race.

Pictured related.

> Basque?
Nothing weird except an exotic language - and paganism.

Some are violent (but no shit, Spain has multiple regions who like independence - and insist on reminding non-locals to fuck off).

>Met one?
One of my best friends is of Basque ancestry. Perfectly fine folks. Only weird part is that he lacks a healthy appreciation for violence (but I'm of Galician stock so...).

De gustibus non disputandum. Vkus, eto sobstvennoye delo

>Basques are Original Europeans (Albeit with some indo-European mixture)
Linguistically, the Basques represent mesolithic Europe. Geneticallly, however, the Sardinians preserve more of the blood.

>Finns on the other hand are not.
Finns and Lapps have a dual origin, one part of which IS very old European, as witnessed in the mitochondrial evidence (also found in the Berbers). They also have a Siberian element, though, which brought their language west with it, and was probably connected to better adaptation to a polar lifestyle.

why did they copy their flag from the Union Jack?

I love the language. Keep looking for music to listen to from the region. They're pretty obsessed with Ska for some reason.

Basques were sailors too. Most of the explorers and conquistadors of the Age of Exploration were basques

Never thought Bretagne is so cucked.

Spain/Portugal wasn't called West Iberia. it was called Iberia by the Greeks, who named it after the Ebro river, which was called Iber. The Romans called the peninsula Hispania. The Caucasian Iberia was called such because of the Armenian word for Georgia, Virk'/Ivirk'. It became Iberia in Latin and Greek. The names are not at all related at all.

Interesting names in Europe that are related, though, are Galicia in Spain and Galicia in eastern Europe, which were both named for their Celtic populations. Wallonia, Wales, Wallachia and Valais, Switzerland also all come from the ancient Germanic word for neighbour.

Remnant population of the Ice Age refugees in spain that kept their language / culture rather than being brought into the fold of the farmers and Indo-European family

Well, more like stranger/foreigner than "neighbour". German used the word Welsch to poetically/offensively refer to people who live in Romance-speaking countries, most notably in Die Wacht am Rhein, where wirst du doch drum ein Welscher nicht means "you will never be French" or something along those lines

Sorry for my language autism

Tfw albanian-basque user.
Everybody is a cuck. We are most ancient euros and we kick ass.

Bagpipes!

basically muh heritage fags but taken to an extreme

>the theory that the basque language was somehow related to the so-called caucasian languages like georgian
Wrong Caucasian language family. Georgian is Kartvelian, a cousin of IE and Uralic. North Caucasic(which has no close relationship at all to Kartvelian), is the group that is supposedly connected to Basque, Burusho, Sino-Tibetan, and the Dene group. And maybe Sumerian but that's not as strongly supported. It would fit neatly though, since the Sumerians claim to have migrated from the North in the aftermath of a deluge(read: the Black Sea deluge).

That, and according to stuff we are told here, explains that basque is not related to any language in the world, although I've heard here on other threads that it is somewhat related to gaelic, but i've never been able to confirm it

i lived with a basque girl in england at university.
havent seen her for years, she seems to be a bit of an ess-jay-dub now

>Spain/Portugal wasn't called West Iberia

It *literally* was, by Strabo no less.

blogs.bl.uk/european/2015/07/basque-and-georgian-are-they-related.html

Anyway like I said, it's a contentious theory.