>tfw you fell for the college meme

I read a statistic that college educated millennials make less than people did 30 years ago without a degree.

I'm paying 60k a year to go to school and it just feels like a waste now.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kC_RYgkkmcM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What are you studying?

French language and culture

don't call college a meme, it's what you are studying that is a meme

Seriously? Why'd you pick to major in that?

W H Y

the most profitables languages to study are ''English'' ''Japanese and ''Chinese''

You fucked up

Because I want to go to grad school and become a teacher. I'm also minoring in psychology.

You're an idiot. Unless you excel and can get a job as a political translator you're probably gonna be working at Mc Donalds

AHAHAHAHAHAHA
MEME DEGREES UP THE EASY

Is the Koran required reading?

Unless that's 60k a year for medical school you need to find another college. 240k debt and its compound interest would take a lifetime to pay off even if you were an engineer.

You should have majored in Education, specifically language education, if you want to teach French

Jesus fucking Christ. Go into STEM or drop the fuck out. Even I studied computer science, while learning a second language on the side, and went to the official fluency examination to test my proficiency and passed. Now I have every skill that a Mandarin major has. Language majors are utterly useless.

How are trade schools in America?

dude what are you doing?
You said you read statistics. You should try reading the ones about job placement and salary out of school.

Yea, I didn't finish my degree, but I'm in debt 20k now for just 1 year.

Thats 200 a month.

Lol, you're an idiot
> t. Applied math major/philosophy & psychology minor

Be a plumber man. Can't you see that college is just a place where yuppies and faggots go to feel more smug and intelligent because they studied bullshit and did paper work for a few months.

>Paying 60k a year on a shit degree with hopes of becoming a teacher

You're a fucking retard. Let me guess, you're also paying the bulk of it with loans

quit telling people to do what I'm doing

sounds like a common uni lib art degree nigger, see you at McDonalds

do what you can to learn from your mistake. And help spread the message that college is shit for most people. good luck finding a way forward. at least you're not alone.

It's the same in the Eujew union
But degrees cost arent at such ridiculous bubbles.

I mean, It's already enought fuck up to get a worthless degree, after all that time and money spent for nothing.

But you fucking burgers beat it with +100k in debt.

it's like getting fat and moreover shooting yourself in the knee

how can you even keep living

Decent but unused

>paying 60k a year to go to school

wow you're retarded

you could have bought a home or started a business

hell even 60K worth of lottery tickets would have been a better investment

I make more than my father did at 29 with inflation taken into account.

Fell for the Computer Science meme, now I'm married happily with a >$100k/yr job and work from home 90% of the year.

nigger you what
please tell me you are spending your own money on this and not getting loans. You fucked up!!!!!!!!!!!!

>tfw I pay 500€ a semester for uni
Working part time at a research lab to finance my CS degree. Gonna graduate in 6 months with a MSc. 50k in savings, car and flat owner. Why do ameripoors love getting ripped off so much?

yeah and you have a pet unicorn too

>Graduated as an electrical engineer
>Can't find a job, never interned
>Need to go back to school
>Will have over $110k debt when finished

KILL ME.

>english
maybe in third world countries

Well no shit
>pre-1970s
>College is for the intellectual elite
>College guarantees you a good job
>post-1970s
>WE MUST GET MORE PEOPLE INTO COLLEGE
>COLLEGE LOANS FOR EVERYONE
>Standards are lowered to accommodate the flood of shitheads enrolling because colleges don't want to scare away those tens of millions of free student loan bux
>Employers figure out that degrees aren't worth the paper they're printed on except in the most highly technical fields.

>Now I have every skill that a Mandarin major has
No you don't, language majors are about much more than learning to speak and write a language.

>mfw 60 yuros for a semester
>includes healthcare (dental and mental too!)
>BSc + MSc rounds up to about 600€ in total
>no face

>mfw/tfw paid 750 euro a month to study for free

haha university and college is nothing but a scam today. got a math degree and ~4 years analytics experience for a research group. been applying to jobs for 1.5 years now and barely get any call backs and not a single face-to-face interview. get replies from US companies but they ghost on me when they see i need visa sponsorship.

starting a job as a busser/barback/kitchen bitch tomorrow.

please kill me.

*RECORD SCRATCH*

*FREEZE FRAME*

>math degree
that's a teaching degree

My college is paid for. You should have begun in community college.
Blame your parents for not having the forethought to be able to give their child a successful life before having you.

This is the most kek post I've ever seen

It's because we need communism.

Just for your faggot ass.

Drop out now.

You have a funny way of saying Arabic

underrated

yep shoulda done CS

english is becoming the world language

>French language and culture

idc how much you make computer science is fucking miserable

> I'm too retarded to computer

It's a hobby of mine as well. Sucks for you.

>Paying 60k a year
Still getting shit education

What kind of bullshit is this, burger?

Nah stem was the best thing i ever did

Read, then respond. There's no demand for english majors in the west.

Hahaha are you fucking retarded??

That subject is a hobby, not a degree field. Go get some books off amazon and you will learn as much of French culture as any class will teach you.

A college degree is an investment, a identifiable skill you learn to help you get a job. Getting a useless fuckin degree like french culture is a goddamn hobby not an investment in your future.

This is why us middle aged fucks are so salty about the bernie free college tuition meme. I'd be happy to subsidize useful degrees for society, but shit like OP? Fuck him. Might as well take my tax dollars to fund study of knitting, stamp collecting or pool playing.

That includes the retards in women's studies and history majors

Serious question: why would you go for college for this instead of going to a language speciality school and studying the culture part on your own from books?

College does make sense in certain instances. My MBA cost me gobs of money, but I got a great job at the place I'd interned where I frankly make too much money.

Serves you well for being a fucking retard.

t. Master degree in Aerospace Engineering

Would it be a mistake to study Spanish and Japanese at uni? Nothing else interests me other than languages.

Baguette buddy here speaks the truth

People who regret college are all failures

Prove me wrong

This. And the final nail will be making college "free" so everyone can go and the career value of a degree goes through the floor. And prices continue to go up.

I did internships, get fucking rekt son, even doing one is good.

>double the workforce
>The price of labor goes down

We fell for the feminism meme.

Not that I think women shouldn't be in the workforce. I'm very individualistic and I think they should do whatever they want. It's just that society can't have its cake and eat it too

my education is paid by the government
get kekt

Yeah but you're from Canada so nobody really cares.

I'm also studying a meme major but at least going to college helps me meet people in the animation/game industry so it's easier to score a job. I don't know how college helps you with fucking French

no debt here wage cuck
have fun paying off your shitty education

Yeah, once we turn into the next Brazil we will be flooding your borders for gibbmedats so be sure to work hard bro.

trade school is about 3-5k per year books included, and you usually are apprenticing for a pay check the entire time so by the time you are done with class in 4 years you can sit for journeyman exam

dont fall for this stupid "go to college get 150k/yr guarantee" meme

Instead fall for the broken back at 45 and unfulfilling work meme

>17/18
>Fell for the "YOU CAN DO ANYTHING" meme
>Forced my parents to let me go to some shitty art school here in town
>It was a private University filled with rich SJW fucks who even back then I knew I hated
>50k a semester to get told how white and privileged I was while working 60+ hours a week to even be able to afford jack dick because I didn't qualify for any grants or loans
>Dropped out after one semester after having thoroughly learned my lesson the hard way
>Spent years working off the debt
>Are now 25
>Finally went back to college, went a local Uni in town that is 36k a year
>Majoring in Biology with a minor in Chem
>Have full plans of going to Med School
>mfw watching all these assblasted SJW get blown the fuck out of my Bio classes because we use science around here, son

Was putting their fresh out of high school son into 100k debt going too far? Probably. Did it wake my faggot ass up to how shit works in the real world and put me on the right track? Yes it did.

And no I wasn't going to art school for some I WANNA MAKE JAPANESE ANIMES kind of shit, I've always had a boner for medical stuff and I wanted to make a modern day Magic School Bus kind of cartoon about the human body. I think after taking a good, hard look at all of the medical books I have on my shelves, it sort of made me realize "what the fuck am I doing, let's go to med school"

Lmfao america is fucking insane

>60k a year
>american education

Holy shit

>go to college
>get comp sci degree
>get good job in area, great starting pay
>fast forward 5 years
>no women around
>co-workers are annoying and shitty
>no opportunities for advancement
>no personal growth
>realize I hate my fucking job and working in an office
>make too much to leave

Yeah CS is notorious for making people miserable, but every kid on 4chins will tell you it's da best 4 make super leet computer funs, though none of them ever worked in the field.

What would you prefer though?

good post

i did study the same

i'm a high school teacher now making very little

i'm convinced college was a mistske in my life

>making very little
>in mexico
well what a fucking shocker that must have been

i whis some one had told me exactly this when i was 17. Now i'm fucked in a job i hate but that i need.

That 60k a year doesn't just feel like a waste, it *is* one. Drop out or try to find any major that you can switch to at this point that isn't a total meme, it's such a trip seeing that retards like you actually exist in real life

What fucking trade schools?

I am majoring in Classics. How screwed am I?

pretty much
enjoy eating raw white rice for the rest of your life

youtube.com/watch?v=kC_RYgkkmcM

fucking red-pilled me good and hard

Unless your in medical school, veterinary school, law school, or dental school, there is absolutely no way it should cost anywhere near 60k, and thats for all 4 years. Its no one's fault but yourself that you voluntarily signed up to pay 60,000 a year for a worthless degree

Fucking why

>gain financial independence and success
>state takes nearly 20% because you're totally going to have social security when you retire

Being a wage cuck is the biggest meme.

If you pay attention in your classes you will come out the other side considerably wiser and better informed than almost anyone you meet. Not necessarily smarter, because intelligence isn't taught, but you will have a better foundation for your personal tastes, values and political opinions than 99+% of other people.

Unfortunately, you will probably also be paid less than almost all of them.

Probably because he cares about what he learns more than he cares about what his degree will afford him.

What your degree will afford you is the only plausible reason to sink time and money into college, though. You go there to get proficient in an area you're trying to compete for a job in, not for something that interests you but has hardly any demand or value outside personal discovery or whatever. user should have majored in something useful and learned that sort of thing on the side as a hobby, now he's going to come out of college saddled with debt without even becoming a credible choice for a non pleb-tier job.

Do you have a burning desire to be a teacher??

If not, congrats on wasting tens of thousands of dollars on a hobby you could have studied on your own.

WHAT
WHY

>outside personal discovery or whatever

These five simple words demonstrated more about your understanding of the purpose of education than anything else in your post could have hoped to.

Yes, there is a valid argument (especially in the modern information age) that spending the time and money on a university degree about an interesting topic instead of one that is in demand in the workforce is a poor value investment.

The issue that the argument overlooks is that your life and career will grow from your studies - they are a seed which you plant and try to germinate into a lifetime's worth of effort.

If you study a subject that doesn't interest you, doesn't excite you, or doesn't engage you, then you are making a conscious decision to narrow the (already quite slim) chance that you could spend your life working at something you actually love. But it's not just that.

If you happen to love engineering, or computer science, or any of the other high-value degrees on the market right now, then bully for you, enjoy it. However, if you (like many, many people I've known) make the decision to go into those courses because they are more likely to result in higher-paid work at graduation, then you will almost certainly drop out.

First-year engineering courses have a 50% drop-out rate. Here in Australia, that's not such a big deal because our courses are relatively cheap and we get relatively low-interest financial support from the government. But in the US, that wasted year could put you anywhere between $10,000 and $45,000 in debt.

IF you're going to sink time and money into university, spend that money on learning things that you know you care about and are willing to work towards learning. You will probably drop out if you're only there for the piece of paper, and if you don't you will nonetheless regret having pigeon-holed yourself for life in a career that you inherently don't enjoy.