Should NASA get more funding?

Should NASA get more funding?

Sure, it makes people feel good. It's a nice propaganda tool.

Really, no. No it shouldn't.

Why?

Yes. Always. I'm a vet the amount we fucking waste in military spending is staggering. For example as a medic in Afghanistan I was given an 80k budget and told to spend every last penny no matter if I needed to or not or else the unit that replaced us would get less money.

If the U.S. government can can give an 21 year old 80k to buy useless expensive shit thats probably rotting in a conex container in Afghanistan we can fund the agency that will get our species off this fucking rock.

>muh moon landing

NASA is very overpriced compared to the achievements of other countries

that being said it does encourage people actually being smart
also there are vast reserves of natural resources in space, so it could absolutely pay off

in theory private companies doing this may be better, but i don't think it's the governments role to finance that either

I dont know I'm not paid to think. Nigger.

Yes, but they need someone there to cut unnecessary shit.

What type of unnecessary shit?

Yes, that's how I get paid. But only for a few missions really. The rest can fuck off back to universities with private funding. Missions that need funding include Mars 2020, Juno, Cassini, ALHAT, NextGen. Missions that can fuck off are earth sciences, EmDrive, NeoCam.

No, never.

I guess you mean everything, because it's all a hoax.

Only if they get back to developing new technologies and inspiring millions of people.

Nobody cares about scientists jerking themselves off in low earth orbit for 5 decades straight

No reason.

Yes, but for real space exploration. Not fag shit.

similar things happen in NASA too

this

The Maple Mans Needs (you)!

Why?

No, more private contracts.

If the government wants to fuck around in space they should increase the military space budget.

Bump

Increase funding for inter-planetary unmanned probes.

We should have probes on or orbiting all moons of all planets.

Spin off JPL and partner them with some Russian agency for deep-space exploration.

Everything else worth doing, privatize.

Disband NASA. If the government wants a mouthpiece for diversity, it would be a lot cheaper to just form a fucking Department of Muh Diversity whose function is to have a staff 300 non-white non-males making $90K/year and whose only job duty acting like they deserve it.

you know exactly what

Yes, NASA should receive 1% of the US federal budget "A Penny For NASA".

NASA is crucial in supporting asteroid detection and defense capacity, as well as working towards the exploration and sustainable colonization of space to ensure the long-run survival of the human species. NASA should refocus on asteroid defense and deep space colonization, freeing up market for private transport companies like SpaceX and Orbital Sciences.

NASA should stop releasing fake photos of space

All I want is space industry
Get a company to go out and mine asteroids for boundless amounts of rare metals and the next thing you know some fucker invented warp drive so they could exploit alpha centari

Based McCall artwork. Space is so redpilled its the infraredpill. The future of the race is there.

They should be defunded.. almost all of them nowadays are poo in loos or women... no wonder we did not make progress in the last decades so if 100% white they should get much more of course

they need a restructing really
focus more on R&D with more efficient engines