Just look at this soulless cookie recipe. This is the world metricians want us to live in...

Just look at this soulless cookie recipe. This is the world metricians want us to live in. Completely disconnected from the human spirit.

Our custmary units and measures are superior because they are scaled to human use. Metric is scaled to things that are completely arbitrary to how it is used by humans. Yuropeens will say ">muh moving decimal point". But in the real world, customary units have far more utility. In things like cooking or carpentry you will find yourself dividing far more often than multiplying. It's easy to do it in customary units because they are base 12. You can only divide 10 by 5 and 2 but 12 is divisible by 2, 3, 4 and 6. What if you need a 1/4 or 1/3 measurement in your precious decimal system? It's no problem on our rulers and our cooking and baking measures because we have those fractions built into the system. And be honest, the meter is cumbersome, the cm is too small and the decimeter is a joke. The foot & inch have been means tested for millennia. Weights are base 16 because quantities of mass are tend to be dealt with as halves, quarters and eighths.
Our temperature measure is also tailored to us. Who gives a shit if Celsius is anchored on freezing and boiling? That isn't an inherently useful point for everyday humans. Fahrenheit is roughly balanced around and ice/salt mixture and the human body temperature. It is scaled to human comfort. The truth is that waters freezing point (32 degrees) honestly isn't that bad. But anyone in a cold state can tell you that when you dip just below zero is when the cold actually starts to get unbearable. Likewise with heat, the high 90s is when most people's heat tolerance is tested. And our units more specific. One degree in Celsius is actually too broad a range of temperature and you can detect comfort changes within one degree. That's why when we estimate Fahrenheit we specify things things like "mid 60s" vs "high 60s" vs "low 70s".
Metric is a meme for atheists and marxists

Other urls found in this thread:

space.com/3332-nasa-finally-metric.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>5 ml salt
>ml

Why is everything in milliliters? it would make more sense to give a mass.

Imperial is also all base 12 and 16, which is vastly superior to base 10.

>not liquidating your salt to measure exactly 5 mL.

>That isn't an inherently useful point for everyday humans.
Any measuring system, if you got used to it, would become inherently useful for you, an every day human.

>He doesn't measure the molarity of his solutions and evaporates the water away when baking
I'm lmaoing at your life

>Hey mom these cookies need salt
>CRUNCH
>Nevermind, I found it

How to build something in Imperial. Say. A spice rack. I need two 27-17/82nd" pieces of wood. Bake at two gas marks. How many quarts in a furlong again?

Recipes over here give everything in grams, not sure what this horseshit is. How the fuck do you measure 5ml of salt? am i being trolled.

actually liking this topic, good job op.

The only reason I would support a national switch to metric is to piss off dorks like you.

This. Shit. Doesn't. Matter.

You're doing God's work OP.

There are two types of countries, those who use ((metric)) and those who have walked on the moon

Autism: the post.

Never happened. Ratio of hot to cold. Quick! The wings are de icing. 100 to 10. Aaaand calculate. Your system? 612 to 57. Aaand calculate!

By using german engineers

you miss the point. Metric users constantly drone on about how "stupid" it is that water freezes at 32 and boils at 212 but give no reason why that actually matter. It's completely arbitrsry in day to day use. Fahrenheit is superior to Celsius because when everyday folks use temperature they are usually describing the weather and Fahrenheit is simply better at doing that.

I think you're right. Damn.

>burger to stupid to think, needs cups and everything else.

Get fucked, drumpf.

Do you bongs weigh each of your ingredients?
In the US we use volume to give the correct amounts. Ex) 1/4 of a cup

>aluminum

English is a lazy language for ball sniffers. Makes sense our measurements would too. Literally everything is tens. That is easy. Not 6.147's. Just like our language. I am you are he is she is we are they are. How confusing

That's why we invented the computer
leafs

Using U.S. units

Aloominniyum? Also try pronouncing Löwenbräu

Then choke yourself and stop speaking English

That was prolly Turing or something else you knocked off. What is the imperial unit for nanograms. How about microns

Just try speaking any other and you won't have your period. Other countries have civil law not common law and need to remember the genders of chairs. We just sit on them

And numbers of chairs

>a paragraph of subjective "facts"

>2 eggs
This is outdated, since 2015 EU regulation states that rough estimates of total volume of yolk and white be given on each package.

throw it in water and measure how much the level rises, like archimedes

>Leafs penises so small they can't measure them in inches, have to measure their micropenis in nanometers and micrometers
Lmaoing at your life my man

God Tier: Understanding that Imperial units are more applicable to everyday human life than metric units and that metric units are perfect for science because they're based on how water behaves and multiples of ten, understanding each system and applying it as necessary.

>we invented electricity tubes
>we didn't
>your dick is small

Ö is like the o in “word“
Bräu is probounced like “broi“

Google says Loovennbroy

Implying that gender assignments on inanimate objects is based and wouldn't be assaulted with "muh 52 gandres" from sjws

Wow. saged

Certain measuring cup sizes happen to correspond to commonly used masses in recipes for certain materials.

Also, In England at least, people know what a 'cup' is as a standard of measurement.

They already dealt with those things. Somebody decided some nouns have a somewhat "neutered" gender. If we had threads on the genders of objects we'd be here for a loooooooong time. They did it quicker. Probably only God is responsible for bringing us back from confusing our tongues

Then it would be spelled Luwenbräu

Yeah, who needs precise amounts? Just throw 10 bushels of flour, 9 4/78th pecks of sugar and a grain of oil in there and hope for the best.

Bud. You can't use inches for electrons and it's a proven fact we are not dicklets. Maybe it's your obesity who knows. If you concerted to kilos you could appear lighter

Why isn't it Lūwenbroï

>some nouns in other languages have neutered gender

So there's not only nonsensical gender assignments for inanimate objects, but also sometimes there's exceptions so it's needlessly cluttered more

But how would you know how many grams of a substance would had? You'd have to weigh it. Do bongs really just keep scales in their kitchens?

Yeah pretty sure they didn't use the imperial system to go to the moon though. That would be retarded.

It looks weird to you because you aren't used to it desu.

Professional bakers always use weight because accuracy of flour:everything else ratios is extremely important for consistent product.

Yep. And then there's pluperfect. I had been. And then there's the reflexives. I washed myself. And then the irregular possessives. They have come. Not they are come.

Fuck the metric system. Jimmy Carter pushed that bullshit hard in the USA back in the late 70's & people rejected it.
All we got out of it was 2 litre Cokes

yes they did

it's not that it just "looks weird". It's that it's impractical for everyday use

This must be how the Japanese think of money. Everything you buy in Yen is some huge number. That's got to have some impact on the psyche.

I say we embrace the dozenal system of numbers, then Imperial units will have the "advantages" that metric claims

Nope they didn't. In engineering and hard sciences you use metric or gtfo.

>Impractical everyday use
Sure it is in a country where imperial is the norm, that's just common sense.

English is the best language

>Italy
>young kid
>go get some ice cream money from the dresser!
>ok
>$50 worth of lira for 50 cent purchase
>back in days of lire they didnt give change
>got change
Yiss

They most certainly did use Imperial units for the Apollo program as well as the Mercury program and many others. Instruments read feet for altitude and distances in orbits were measured in miles

we tend to use one of those

English is like discussing one big slob who does nothing. Muh proper nouns. Muh capitalisation. But doesn't matter one man or fifty women. Everybody is fat and lazy

That's retarded unless these things were for public display.

Implying proper nouns and capitalization is unique to English and somehow degenerate

The fuck? go back to Saudi Arabia you incoherent ape.

space.com/3332-nasa-finally-metric.html
What now, burger?

As a machinist this is the first time I've ever heard another american actually defend the use of imperial measurement

And yet they worked. America has the best track record in space

You are just afraid to admit you are stuck with shit and are now making excuses why it isnt shit
We in russia know this thing when we see it from personal experience

Trump will make ((Nasa)) great again

Of course it works it just a conversion but it still retarded in scientific areas, unnecessary fractional units.

No one can seriously defend the use of the imperial system in anything STEM related.

>Fahrenheit is simply better at doing that
no, it's not.

If you can't use fractions then you're weak of mind

Americans only eat preprocessed shit. So it doesnt really matter.

>No one can seriously defend the use of the imperial system in anything STEM related.
Instead of making extreme claims about every single person's behavior, why don't you just read OP where he clearly defended it for different technology and engineering fields.

You need a couple of 2 by 4s, some molding, a saw, and some nails.

Yeah they are. Nothing like that is capitalised anywhere else. The only things we really do that for is for first person singular present indicative. I. Me. The invisible hand. In other languages? 8 billion females could be discussing shoes and all it takes it one male to change the entire grammar. The female does not take the male's name. Here we cut our dicks off and say everything is a woman

Germans only eat turkish cock

Better than
>2 handfuls of flour
>a pinch of baking soda
>a pinch of salt
>a cup of butter (wtf! that's so much butter you fucking amerifat)
>a slightly smaller cup of sugar
These instructions are retarded.

It's inanimate? It's a female

> who needs precise amounts?
> proceed to list a bunch of precise amounts

>Let's add fractional units to complex calculations with numbers with an already long mantissa to computers with short floating precision

America fuck yeah, still doubtful.

Yeah that makes sense, I don't believe the US should go metric anyway.

Keep telling you that nigger.

What are you even saying? You don't make any sense

>mls for solid ingredients
That should be grams, moron.

>He thinks L stands for liquid
Liter is a volume unit, not solely for liquids

>But how would you know how many grams of a substance would had? You'd have to weigh it. Do bongs really just keep scales in their kitchens?
I do. So does anyone who wants their shit to turn out consistently. Ever notice that things have a different volume when you press them down/fluff them up?

>muh spirituality in imperial system
>muh estimations
>what are tools of measure

Imperial system is a convoluted mess created by the (((eternal anglo))) to keep goyim confused and stupid, even though a better alternative was already available in France (which explain how every other major european power choose metrics); and then you, the autistic child of the eternal anglo, decided to keep it just because >muh arrogant pride

>check out some recipes to be sure
>all in metric
>not a single one lists ingredients like salt in ml
>OP is a fag

>amerifat doesn't have kitchen scales
Let me guess, you boil water in the microwave too.

Idiot.

Metric system is all based on water.

It's much better and exact than the thumb. Your system just dumbs you down.

Seriously, I respect burgers for somethings, but this is retarded.

>burgers actually unironically defend the imperial system
This will never cease to make me laugh.
Stockholm Syndrome at its finest.

Bump.

If everything in life was autism, and I had to choose autism, this would be the most desirable autism for me.

>burgers believes this make sense
>burgers believes everyone has the same foot size

I made one typo. There's your laziness kicking in

American recipe for cake:
- Half tit of milk
- Two cumloads of butter
- Racoon's hands full of yiest
- 1/2666 of your mommas weight in white sugar
- Quater fuckload of water
- 2 eggs
- pinch of salt that is about 3 children's worth of tears tortured for about 15 minutes
- 17 cocaine bags of flour

Put all together and bake it for 3.5 times that it takes for your shart to dry

>It makes perfect since that you are too illliterate to solve that simple puzzle.
>Sure thing, Mr Sub Atomic.
Who was the quote?

We dont like the metric system for the sole purpose of making foreigners look and feel stupid.

All other countries have usa envey, and u all know it

Heavily underrated post.

Shut up you John Oliver shill.

>having to fuck with metric screws
why wouldn't you hate it?