FASHWAVE GENERAL

F A S H W A V E general

GET COMFY

>More than just a mannerist collage of the nostalgic aesthetic belonged to the millennial generation, Fashwave also operates to force classicism free of the post-modernist stranglehold that academic progressives have maintained over it, for a nearly a century. We would be mistaken to claim that the antiquated speculative nature of Fashwave betrays the aesthetic as a thing only predicated on nostalgia. While it might be considered a collage of sorts, stitched together from pieces of 80s and 90s pop-culture; VHS tapes, video game soundtracks, neo-noir landscapes, neon, lasers, synthesizers, streaking brake lights and 8-bit arpeggios—Fashwave only operates modally to subvert the mainstream progressive agenda by way of nostalgic cues to the otherwise uninterested.

>The real strength and fascination of the aesthetic lies in its ability to draw a parallel between anachronistic futurisms; that is to say, what ideals were once held for tomorrow and have since fallen either out of favor, out of fashion, or out of plausibility—and icons of western art now so unpopular in the mainstream circles of acceptable media. Hovercrafts, jetpacks, Bond gadgets, terminator technology, apocalyptic analogues—dreams made into memories.

>By carefully conflating these two ideas we might touch on the birth of a new mannerism: anachronism becomes the mode by which the canon of western thought and artistic enterprise suddenly and altogether vaults over the rhetorical barriers set in place by post-modernism and manned tirelessly by the drones of academia, to re-establishes itself as a countercultural force.

>So it was that Piranesi’s Veduta di Roma series painted an image of Rome so fantastical that Goethe himself—a fan of Piranesi’s work—exclaimed his consuming disappointment upon first visiting the city, for it was less impressive than Piranesi’s drawings had led him to dream.

>Let us continue dreaming.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UKtdBAJGK9I
youtu.be/0QSwDLH2ang
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

What does it say?

the right text says "reject decadence", the left is "embrace hardship", both taken out of Google Translate

Can someone make a fashwave edit of this?

youtube.com/watch?v=UKtdBAJGK9I

Look its just shitposting and memes like 99% of vaporwave and Naziposts

This explanation actually makes sense.

Anyone got any image requests?

what's up with the übercheesy and cheapass '80s style? remember millennial scum, the '80s were not stylish even back in the '80s.

greetings,
someone who grew up in the '80s.

messages like this are preferable, they are good gateway messages. the symbolism is clear but doesn't cue the passive observer that they are looking at fashwave.

Bump

Dats bretty gud

>übercheesy and cheapass '80s style
Fuck off, mountain-jew.

One with Marcus Aurelius and "Duty above pleasure", "Serve your country/folk before yourself", something like that.

Thoth points out keks will

>how can we express our movement to outsiders without falling prey to the spooks and totems used to frighten them from different ways of thinking

>i know i'll put esoteric nazi symbolism in it

on it

>FASHWAVE GENERAL
>Come in hoping to find more synth music.
>People just post pics
That's all fine and dandy, but I want some fashwave tunes to go with the imagery.
youtu.be/0QSwDLH2ang

different take on the same pic

I also grew up in the 80's and will gladly cancel the vote of Army Knife, here.

The 80's were gauche in a super cool way.

Specifically looking for some dank ass rwds phone wallpapers.

Thx in advance user.

how about this?

Saved those from a previous thread

how's this?

There's are fucking awesome and they keep getting better with every thread I see. Keep it up!

BUMP

Same here. When I first saw this kind of stuff it looked a bit meh. Now I love it and it's growing on me.

Any requests?

bump

Not bad, thanks senpai

Want me to change anything?

fresh oc

Hey guys, one of the contributors to these threads here. I've been lacking motivation to keep going but still want to make some fresh OC.

Anyone got any inspo?

Perfect

This in a vertical phone aspect would be 11/10

Thanks guys. Love the work.

Looks pretty good

xD

why are you in this thread?

Keked

>he keeps coming to these threads

hey dipshit, maybe use some more culturally relevant material for your propaganda. No kids know about the oath of the horati. Remember, we're trying to dumb down future generations, not inspire them to learn.

"Art should be meaningful"

>America is not for sale
But the political class sure is! Hey-yo!

>Beware of foreign influence
Trump got elected with the help of Russian kleptocrats. These attempts at propaganda are starting to get weaker and weaker in their ability to make a good point.

Fresh OC wallpaper

whoever came up with this has syphilis

>Trump got elected with the help of Russian kleptocrats
>These attempts at propaganda
lel

That's what I'm gonna be telling you when your little fashwave fantasy comes crashing down. You can't win against globalism and multiculturalism. They are the great waves of our times and they will drown you in the deluge.

k

uh oh looks like we upset the boss of pol. quick everybody apologize.
im so sorry we didnt consult you before posting these pictures. next time we wont make this mistake.
please forgive us great and masterful one

You're a retard or a shill but I repeat myself

"Duty is the essence of manhood"

Patton quote

"War is father and king of all"

Heraclitus quote

heres a good pic

>Europe

What the fuck?

I'm getting this put on a t-shirt thanks to whatever user oc'd it

so rare i didnt even know it existed

nother pic

Not that rare desu, it's wifi from UE's institution.

OP?

Gonna upload all of my OC to help with the thread bumps and to share!

Heil Evropa

You were right to acknowledge my superiority. But flattery curries no favor with me. I will show you no mercy. Now get back to work digging the shallow grave I'll be leaving your bullet riddled corpse in.

Someone made a pastebin the other day on techniques how to make it with a bunch of phrases as well.

Where is it?

There is no tiger.

Hey, don't argue with me, argue with Evola.

Don't bother, he's just shitposting. Proceed your dump please.

You will burn in the fires you once helped stoke.

fuck off 300 kills

All I got today, I'm going to make a lot more today though

Requesting fashwave of 1950 white cities. Pure aesthetics

Repeat yourself as often as you want. It will make no difference. You will drown in the flood all the same.

Could you try to do my request here?
I'd like to compare yours with OP's if he ever comes back and agree to try.

>Duty is the essence of manhood
the same can be said of slaves

do not easily believe every slogan that sounds somewhat meaningful

Can do my friend, I'll work on that as soon as Ive' avoided a $700 fine for not paying for government health insurance. lmao

Hey that's me, good shit user. Here's the sister image if you want it Also, I can drop the one you posted in super super high res if you need it for the shirt

Remember to dig your grave deep, so that I can throw the remains of your loved ones in there with you.

They will join you shortly.

After I have had my fun with them.

One from last night, trying out the futurist oil paintings some anons were posting to vary the aesthetic

Love it when people post my OC

Thanks for the ego boost m8