Red pill me on pearl Harbor

why did Japan do this? it's hard to believe that it is as I'm being told.
after finding out that Hiroshima and Nagasaki were on the 33rd degree latitude, while the assassination of jfk was also on the 33rd degree latitude... I'm starting to suspect that pearl Harbor was a cia psyop, and that the bombs being dropped and people killed were sacrifices of some sort. Germany knew better than to outright attack American soil. I would think the last thing the axis wanted was to poke the US. it doesn't really add up to me.

tl/Dr was pearl Harbor legit or was it a false flag?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_invasion_of_Manchuria
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

It was provoked by the oil embargo which was crippling Japanese war effort in china, the message was intercepted but no action was taken other than moving the carriers out of the harbor because Roosevelt was itching for an excuse to declare war on the axis
The intent of Japanese forces was to do what America had done to Britain in the revolutionary war, making the force projection too costly and forcing the USA out of the pacific, but the Japanese military misunderstood the temerity of the globalist intentions of the Potsdam Three

you can't bump your own thread on first post

You do know that Japan didn't only attack Pearl Harbor on that day(s), right?

We will never truly know if the Japanese would have surrendered if we didn't drop the bombs.

But i dont get why they didnt attack russia. Russia had the oil and they couldve crossfired with germany. Taking out russia and keeping the US out of the war a little longer

>pearl harbor attack 1941
>CIA formed 1947
Pear Harbor CIA psyop guys

this is the real clincher. All of southeast asia would have to be in on it for it to be a false flag.

TFW I sailed over the Arizona while serving in the navy...

obviously that's what we're supposed to believe.

Do you suicide enthusiasts have any remorse for the Bing bongs in Nanking?

Two nukes weren't enough.

Basically the japs were paranoid pansies and thought that the USA would attack them at any minute because they killed a bunch of chinese.

They knew that they wouldn't win a war against us so the idea was to cripple the US pacific fleet which (by some miracle of jap autism) would make the americans sign a peace treaty.

The bombs were dropped as a scare tactic to dissuade Russia from occupying Japan themselves, due to it's strategic military vantage point. Had nothing to do with surrendering. It was an immoral decision made by an immoral government body.

thats just some fuckshit, once the soviets declared war the japanese were going to surrender. Hirohito was all "muh honor" but at the same time he knew it wasn't worth the extinction of the japanese race. Fuck off truman u just wanted to see what nukes did to people

Japan was always a super arrogant nation, and they assumed that if they wiped out most of the pacific fleet they could intimidate the US into an immediate surrender. They weren't expecting the US to suddenly ramp up prediction and then beat the shit out of them.

That said, the US definitely allowed the attack to happen. It's been confirmed that air patrols reported fighters and were told to ignore the signatures, and as a result the fleet was taken off guard.

West Wing was right. The Japanese on Okinawa had 150,000 soldiers and refused to surrender until every single last one was dead. The emperor had conscripted millions of japanese into the army and the militia, and if that was any indicator, tens of millions would have died in the invasion trying to get to kyoto. The bombs saved lives.

what is this autism?

We blockaded that shit island, firebombed the capital, trapped all their troops in China, and were starving the population.

Multiple times we asked for thier surrender and those faggots would do shit. And even AFTER both bombs were dropped the military STILL didn't want to surrender.
>such are the depths of japanese stupidity

Siberia was nearly totally undeveloped, save for a railroad. Now we know there's a shit ton. At that time though, there was not nearly as much extracting-infrastructure.
Meanwhile, the Colonial powers are have oil on tap and rubber trees out their ass in Borneo.

After losing the Soviet border battle, the power shifted from the Army to the Navy.
The Army wanted to finish off China, the Navy wanted to go SEA.

Basically the Navy were a bunch of idiots who got power.

Japan offered to surrender conditionally a lot of times.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soviet_invasion_of_Manchuria
>The Soviet entry into the war and the defeat of the Kwantung Army was a significant factor in the Japanese government's decision to surrender unconditionally, as it made apparent the USSR would no longer be willing to act as a third party in negotiating an end to hostilities on conditional terms.[1][2][10][11][12][13][14][15]

They offered to surrender conditionally a lot but US policy was unconditional only.
Unconditional mean America could literally rename Japan to USA (which they did do to Okinawa).

I did not know this. But with these facts, why not get oil from china? They were kicking chinas ass on a daily basis and couldve easily taken over. Was it a case of china just didnt have the technology at the time to mine their oil.

>japanese attack
user, please, everybody knows it was a flas flag.

>USA would attack them at any minute because they killed a bunch of chinese.
"In their final proposal on November 20, Japan offered to withdraw its forces from southern Indochina and not to launch any attacks in southeast Asia provided that the U.S., Britain, and the Netherlands ceased aiding China and lifted their sanctions against Japan.[10] The American counterproposal of November 26 (the Hull note) required Japan to evacuate all of China, without conditions, and to conclude non-aggression pacts with Pacific powers."

>why not get oil from china? They were kicking chinas ass on a daily basis and couldve easily taken over.
I told you, the Soviet border battle (I forgot the name).
Anyway, the IJA and the IJN were fighting each other. The IJA wanted to indeed finish China and get oil there then possibly attack the Soviets to help Germany. When they lost the Soviet border conflict, the politicians gave power from the IJA to the IJN. The IJN wanted to go to South East Asia for oil.

The IJN and the IJA were fighting their own separate wars.

Unconditional surrender was the only way. You're a moron if you think the japs would keep their word in an conditional surrender.

>believing japs would keep their word

Let me translate that for you:
>Okay whiteboiiss so you gib use all the oil you hid from us, and the Money too, and then I won't attack your colonies, I promise. I may have broke even international treat I've signed but you can trust me, japans are trustworthy pepor, our honur.

China didn't produce significant oil.

Adding a bit more:
Pearl Harbor was completely the Imperial Japanese NAVY's idea, the Imperial Japanese Army thought it was stupid as shit. The general of the Army, Tojo, always refused it, but losing the Soviet border conflict meant he had no power keep refusing it anymore.
The Navy got cocky and bored at the same time, because it was always the Army that got the glory and respect from war, so the Navy wanted to have their own front in which they were the main player.
The IJA were tried-and-true, even if old-fashioned, they didn't do stupid shit like fall for the US' bait like the IJN did.

Wow, you don't sound biased in the slightest!