PBS getting shut down

And, we lose the only non-corporatist news in the country.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/YhQ7X
thehill.com/policy/finance/314991-trump-team-prepares-dramatic-cuts
fair.org/uncategorized/problems-at-pbs-from-rose-to-koch/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

good night marxist propaganda

you've got to be kidding me.

Good. One less State run leftist propaganda outlet.

>PBS NewsHour
>leftist

Is this what the far right thinks?

What's next? Breitbart is a liberal shill site?

meester oth

rekt

>2017
>no citation

>non-corporatist news
Petroleum Broadcasting Service has spiked Frontline productions multiple times. When I used to watch them it was always interesting what they chose not to air.

wasn't this a televised thing? they have a website? and all this shit was supported by carnegie mellon and shit like that

source?
please be true, pbs is cancer

>Donald Trump is ready to take an ax to government spending.

>Staffers for the Trump transition team have been meeting with career staff at the White House ahead of Friday’s presidential inauguration to outline their plans for shrinking the federal bureaucracy, The Hill has learned.

>The Corporation for Public Broadcasting would be privatized, while the National Endowment for the Arts and National Endowment for the Humanities would be eliminated entirely.

>Overall, the blueprint being used by Trump’s team would reduce federal spending by $10.5 trillion over 10 years.

archive.is/YhQ7X
thehill.com/policy/finance/314991-trump-team-prepares-dramatic-cuts

What is with all the Lain posters recently?
Not that I mind, just wondering if I missed something.

thanks user
let's hope it happens quickly

Damn.. PBS was about the only true neutral channel for political news with no bias.

Things just keep getting worse.

Good riddance.

>PBS was about the only true neutral channel for political news with no bias.
Wrong. I've been watching their NewsHour daily and it's dildo leftist.

This makes me sad solely because of Nature and NOVA. To me those two programs justify the entire channel's existence. They should just force PBS to to hire and represent more politically diverse viewpoints instead of axing the entire thing. That and get ride of the secondary channels like the British one and maybe the kid's one.

Why? It's focusing on retarded meme bullshit instead of the really hard stuff that would significantly impact the budget like health care reform or defense spending. I've seen this "kill the NEA & DOE & CPB" stuff trotted out over and over again by these same people since the 80s. Just a stupid political football.

That's really too bad. Dump is also cutting spending for the transportation agency, I guess he's not going to make good on his promise about yuge infrastructure improvements.

Shitheads™ on /pol are too thick headed to understand that PBS/NPR have been completely controled by Corporate Interests since the late 90s. Emmanuel Goldstein type controlled opposition, and any actual "lefty" reporting is actually just to rile up the conservitard proles.

fair.org/uncategorized/problems-at-pbs-from-rose-to-koch/
One of the Koch Bros even sat on the board of WBUR, still one of the main producers of "public media" content/.

Mr Rogers does not approve

Shame

>true neutral
Are you from the 1990s?

You realize they already get like 80% of their budget from private donors right? Which is why they've long since stopped being objective and started airing ads.

Good. There shouldn't be a publicly-funded propaganda bureau.

Conservashits don't listen to NPR or watch PBS and libtards block out the amount of ads they have. A lot of the stories they do are heavily influenced by their "sponsors."

This is more of a comment on all of the press, though PBS is certainly biased as well.

The entire point of having a free press is so that the government cannot control the press and limit the truth. However, somehow we've wound up with a mainstream corporate media that is 100% in bed with the government. So either freedom of the press isn't free enough, or far worse.

The powers that own the press also own the government and that's why there is no distinction between the viewpoints of the two.