Is the UK doomed?

>China to build nuclear reactor in Essex after Hinkley deal approved
>China is to begin developing a new nuclear power station in Essex after the Government heralded a new wave of UK reactors by approving the £18bn Hinkley Point plant in Somerset.
telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/09/15/china-to-build-nuclear-reactor-in-essex-after-hinkley-deal-appro/

Well pol? I am afraid.

Other urls found in this thread:

who.int/ionizing_radiation/chernobyl/backgrounder/en/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokaimura_nuclear_accident
iflscience.com/physics/effect-radiation-body0/
imgur.com/PeYAIg6
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Payback for the opium bitch

Meh. Maybe in 30yrs.

This amused me.

t.Zhang
You have to go back

>not wanting an army of irradiated super chavs
It's like you don't want the second coming of the British Empire.

Threads soon lads

Ahahhahahah UK YES!

Britain was the first nation to industrialize and now the Chinese are building power plants for them, as if it was some underdeveloped African country. Sad.
How long until China forces Brticucks to lease Gibraltar for 99 years?

>30yrs
Kek
Chinks can't even make a bridge that lasts that long

It's not being built in China. British building codes and all that whatnot.

1. We need more population
2. Because of more population, we need more energy
3. Return to 1.

This is the logic.

No, nuclear energy is not dangerous, radioactivity is a meme.

That's Chernobyl, you fucking inbred anglo.

>t.frog
>A large increase in the incidence of thyroid cancer has occurred among people who were young children and adolescents at the time of the accident and lived in the most contaminated areas of Belarus, the Russian Federation and Ukraine. This was due to the high levels of radioactive iodine released from the Chernobyl reactor in the early days after the accident. Radioactive iodine was deposited in pastures eaten by cows who then concentrated it in their milk which was subsequently drunk by children. This was further exacerbated by a general iodine deficiency in the local diet causing more of the radioactive iodine to be accumulated in the thyroid.
who.int/ionizing_radiation/chernobyl/backgrounder/en/

I live in Essex. Fug.

Chernobyl had no containment structure and was deliberately put into meltdown conditions because the Soviets were retarded.

Essex deserves to be nuked.
Google "The Only Way is Essex".

>deliberately
What.

I wouldn't trust those chinks to build me an escalator and you're letting them build a fucking nuclear reactor? Jesus

>deliberately put into meltdown
Just like your twin towers eh?

This project is more than a decade away.
They have just this month requested a general design assessment and that usually takes about 5 years to be completed.
By that time there will be several of these reactors already in operation in china, so we will know by then whether this is a good design or not.

pic is of the design they plan to build at bradwell.

lol this is even more blunt than the refugee thing the jews are doing

Boston reporting. I was uncomfortable upon hearing that the new subway cars for the MBTA were being built by a Chinese company. I guess things could be worse.

the explosion was caused by the operators running a test that put the reactor under very dangerous conditions

>he bought the soviet version
>he bought a story made by any government

Have you ever wondered why Nature is thriving like never before in the exclusion zone? No it's not because of the lack of human activity, or rather it's not the only factor, first and foremost there are no lethal radiation there.
radiation do exist but they pose no risk for health.

>oy vey we need more energy so we can pack the goyim in even smaller areas like rats

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm sure that the design and materials meet the highest standards of Chinese quality assurance.

> britpakistanis already can't build their own nukes

yup, you're gonna get the south africa treatment real soon

100% yes.
Anyone who denies this does not live in a city.

Why the hell can't you make your own reactors?

Only subhumans choose to live in cities

Have you ever wondered why no European countries seem in no urge to protect their nuclear plants despite the alleged mega risk for the public health they pose in the eventually of a terrorist attack? Of course most now know that ISIS is basically blackwater (CIA) + Saudis under cover but let's pretend they could really attack one of the nuclear plants in operation everywhere in Europe. Where are the EU troops, tanks patrolling the vicinity of the plants? there are none and now you know why.
Nuke plants are basically just coal plants running on Uranium, nothing more nothing less.

And Hong Kong and communism

>building new reactors that aren't LFTR

Wait until the cities grow and overspill dumb faggot.

>not wanting to go nuclear

Because we built our nuclear power plant a few kilometers away from the croatian border so if those fuckers try anything they will kill themselves

What the fuck were they thinking when they built that? Looks like something out of WoW.

>Have you ever wondered why no European countries seem in no urge to protect their nuclear plants...

Yeah, im sure those thick concrete walls just serve as decoration.

Looks better than some rusty french broad

>sad

more like a fitting and just end,

AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAH

Don't you have some toliets to clean?

We aren't going to help you when Hans Kriegs you again

Don't you have some teeth to clean?

Come on, pakis and africans haven't advance that far yet.

The thing is the chinese will build it for 18 billion shipping their own everything in. If we put it out to tender it would get priced at 10billion then the price would go up to 50 billion.

>1986
>be male citizen in the USSR
>Chernobyl happens
>government wants to send you to clean it up
>you refuse because you don't want to die from radiation poisoning
>they shoot you in the back of the head instead
MANY SUCH CASES!

Just think when humanity no longer lives on Earth and some Aliens find our planet. They land and see some 300 foot deteriorated wizard looking motherfucker.

That belongs to a gold seller.

>Trusting china to build a nuclear plant for you
I hope nobody wants to live in Essex for the next couple of centuries

Is this true.

Brush your teeth and wake up AngloKike

I think that bitch is carrying quadruplets.

>UK
>One of the first nation to get Nukes.
>Now buying china's nuclear reactor.

I feel sorry for you guys. But i guess thats the good point of having a multiracial society : Nobody gives a fuck anymore.

The explosion was caused by the flawed design of the control rods (graphite tips) which caused a power surge when they pressed the emergency shutdown button, the Soviets just blamed the operators but they were forced to admit it later

>good point of having a multiracial society
> it was real in my mind
>90 out of 100 dentists recommend teeth be brushed

This is such a strange looking reactor design.

What reactor is it?

>PAYBAH FO OPYUH BIH
FTFY

Yes.
My father finished his service in the USSR military in 1982 so when rumors of Chernobyl started spreading in '86 he basically grabbed the first girl he met on the street, married her and got her pregnant so he wouldn't have to go clean up nuclear waste.
The government chose to send men without wives and children.
So if you look at out population pyramid you'll see a spike in 1987.

Idaho National Laboratory's Advanced Test Reactor

>Letting a hostile and professedly "Communist" power build your nuclear reactor

Bravo

>chinese built nuclear reactor

Christ. That how you arrived in the world?

No. Buy my brother did and my parents are still together.

Nobody wants to live in Essex now.

Yes, in the old propaganda videos they showed the men doing the cleanup and said "look how brave these soviet men are!" When in reality it was exactly what Estonia said, do it, or die regardless.

Why the fuck would I want to buy your brother?

What the hell? Honestly, who signed off on this?

Yes. They used military units to do most of the clean up, supplemented iirc by penal battalions. They didn't tell them what they were doing at first and even when they did they gave them fuck all for personal equipment. Many of them died from getting that shit all over them and inside of them. The Soviet army was in bad shape at the time and knew everyone they sent would die so they barely even gave them living quarters, food, or clothing.

The real heroes are the firefighters who ran inside while it was still melting down and turned the necessary knobs etc to prevent a total clusterfuck (other than the material that dropped out the bottom of the facility, which I believe still has not been dealt with). Keep in mind that these guys were literally melting while doing this and any who made it out died via mega-painful, skin-sloughing, gut-rotting, DNA-destroying radiation poisoning. RIP, they prevented thousands of deaths.

You know what he meant bong-head.

People in this thread are acting like there will be no oversight, and that the plant will be built as if they are in China. This is ridiculous, correct?

I want us to build more nuclear plants but surely hinckley is overpriced

>melting
>skin-sloughing
FFFFFFFFFfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff.....................
Someone post Ouchi.

The chinese aren't building it, they're just financing it.

Move. When everyone in Essex decides they don't want to live near the thing, property value will drop and the exodus will free up plenty of London soil for """"new"""" families.

Somebody knows their history, I'm impressed

It wasn't just the firefighters, some of the plant operators stayed and activated the fire suppression systems, but due to their efforts, the chamber under the reactor was flooded with radioactive water and as the core was melting there was a danger of a thermal explosion which would have spread nuclear material like a nuke, so two volunteers from the army dived down and drained it from the inside. They didn't come back up, and that chamber is where the elephant's foot is now, those two saved millions.

Thank you for the clarification, user. I knew I was missing some specifics. Absolutely based. Even if the alternative is getting shot, that takes courage.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tokaimura_nuclear_accident

I don't want to post the image because someone might be eating or something, but if you google Ouchi's name it will come up. The wiki article doesn't do it justice. IIRC he begged to be killed (someone in the comments here also brings this up so I'm sure I'm not just imagining it) but they were like "nah man we need to find out if this treatment kind of works lol you're dead anyway"

Photo and description here:
iflscience.com/physics/effect-radiation-body0/
imgur.com/PeYAIg6
>Ouchi was kept alive over a period of 3 months as his skin blackened and blistered and began to sluice off his body. His internal organs failed and he lost a jaw-dropping 20 litres of bodily fluids a day.

Please ignore the leddit-tier link, the info is accurate so far as I am aware

What you just described is mostly fantasy.

>"The bubbler pool could be drained by opening its sluice gates. However the valves controlling it were underwater, located in a flooded corridor in the basement. So volunteers in wetsuits and respirators (for protection against radioactive aerosols) and equipped with dosimeters, entered the knee-deep radioactive water and managed to open the valves.[86][87] These were the engineers Alexei Ananenko and Valeri Bezpalov (who knew where the valves were), accompanied by the shift supervisor Boris Baranov.[88] Upon succeeding and emerging from the water, according to many English language news articles, books and the prominent BBC docudrama Surviving Disaster – Chernobyl Nuclear, the three knew it was a suicide-mission and began suffering from radiation sickness and died soon after.[89] Some sources also incorrectly claimed that they died there in the plant.[88] However research by Andrew Leatherbarrow, author of the 2016 book Chernobyl 01:23:40, determined that the frequently recounted story is a gross exaggeration. Alexei Ananenko continues to work in the nuclear energy industry, and rebuffs the growth of the Chernobyl media sensationalism surrounding him.[90] While Valeri Bezpalov was found to still be alive by Leatherbarrow, the elderly 65 year old Baranov had lived until 2005 and died of heart failure.[91]"

>83 days.
Holy hell.

>Leaves EU
>Gets partitioned between the US and China